PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Plans?

OregonDucks
03-11-2009, 11:40 AM
I am curious to see what everyones plans are for the draft.

OneToughGame
03-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Wake up get some food and watch the draft on NFLN.

trkaline
03-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Get food..get beer...its at 4 now...hope I don't get smashed before it starts.

OregonDucks
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM

Oh wow I forgot about the start time. I am pacific time though so noon.

cdub11
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Pizza, Wings, Beer

OregonDucks
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Now are you guys watching on ESPN OR NFLN

ThePudge
03-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Get a 12 pack or 18 pack, start drinking at 2, end at 10. Shouldn't be too bad as long as you're not a smaller guy. I'd go 18 though for sure on the second because of the length and poor TV coverage. Maybe just grab a 30 rack for the two days.

Hopefully I'll be drinking in Radio City, on the second day. I like to be on the top of my game there on Saturday. Maybe grab a six pack of some good beer late Saturday night, buy about three-four when I get in there, maybe cop a little buzz, we'll see. Since I'm 19, there are no guarantees there haha. I have a fake that has been my rabbit's foot for bars and distributors in Athens, but I haven't had the chance to use it out of Ohio. Pretty solid, it scans, is actually a real driver's license, looks like me enough and should do the trick. If not, it is what it is.

As for Saturday, probably wake up around 10 or so. Drive up in New Jersey, across from New York. Park the car in a garage there. Take the subway into the city, check into the hotel around maybe 1:00. Get out on the streets at 1:30, grab my last meal for something like 8-9 hours, then line up by 2:15-2:30. Doors at Radio City will probably open at 3. I'll go by my draft hat, get my stuff together, sit down and probably shoot the **** with my buddy and the guys around us. I'll be in my Palmer jersey and the Bengals draft hat. I'm a tall, skinny, white dude with longer hair, I was on TV a bit in 2007 and a good amount in 2008, so hopefully someone sees me and knows who it is. I usually prefer it over toward the ESPN side so that'd probably be the broadcast if the camera catches a glimpse of me.

BRAVEHEART
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Now are you guys watching on ESPN OR NFLN

Both now that I have NFLN.

Bronco in UT
03-11-2009, 12:09 PM
My buddies and I all get together and have a small party every year. For every pick we miss, we must drink one full beer before the next pick. This really gets us into trouble.....

OregonDucks
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Get a 12 pack or 18 pack, start drinking at 2, end at 10. Shouldn't be too bad as long as you're not a smaller guy. I'd go 18 though for sure on the second because of the length and poor TV coverage. Maybe just grab a 30 rack for the two days.

Hopefully I'll be drinking in Radio City, on the second day. I like to be on the top of my game there on Saturday. Maybe grab a six pack of some good beer late Saturday night, buy about three-four when I get in there, maybe cop a little buzz, we'll see. Since I'm 19, there are no guarantees there haha. I have a fake that has been my rabbit's foot for bars and distributors in Athens, but I haven't had the chance to use it out of Ohio. Pretty solid, it scans, is actually a real driver's license, looks like me enough and should do the trick. If not, it is what it is.

As for Saturday, probably wake up around 10 or so. Drive up in New Jersey, across from New York. Park the car in a garage there. Take the subway into the city, check into the hotel around maybe 1:00. Get out on the streets at 1:30, grab my last meal for something like 8-9 hours, then line up by 2:15-2:30. Doors at Radio City will probably open at 3. I'll go by my draft hat, get my stuff together, sit down and probably shoot the **** with my buddy and the guys around us. I'll be in my Palmer jersey and the Bengals draft hat. I'm a tall, skinny, white dude with longer hair, I was on TV a bit in 2007 and a good amount in 2008, so hopefully someone sees me and knows who it is. I usually prefer it over toward the ESPN side so that'd probably be the broadcast if the camera catches a glimpse of me.

Sounds like a good day, ill be looking for you.

ThePudge
03-11-2009, 12:17 PM
My buddies and I all get together and have a small party every year. For every pick we miss, we must drink one full beer before the next pick. This really gets us into trouble.....

You must be a fan of the new shortened first day then haha

If I was to play a drinking game with the draft I think I'd go with drinking from when the pick is in to when Goodell gets his ass to the podium. Sometimes they really sit on those cards though. An alternative would be from Goodell walking to the podium to when he's done announcing the pick, but that may take some of the reaction out of the pick.

Yatta!
03-11-2009, 12:32 PM
It's a 9pm start over here so I'll likely watch it with my buddy who is also into the draft with a few beers. There should be more draft parties in England :(

RaiderNation
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Beer, Dip, Steak. I cant wait

OneToughGame
03-11-2009, 01:52 PM

You could always make a sign that says ThePudge :P

Cicero
03-11-2009, 01:56 PM
1. Turn on tv
2. Crack open beer
3. Order pizza
4. Post on boards
5. Drink more

PoopSandwich
03-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Hopefully this year I do somethin with my dad like go to a bar like panini's in Cleveland... I'm not sure though, this draft isn't going to be as EXCITING as previous drafts but its definitely still solid and as far as what the Browns need (LB... LB... LB... LB...) it's a pretty deep draft...

Should be fun!

Vikes99ej
03-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Get some food with my bud and watch it in my dorm room.

Strongside
03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Right here baby.

themaninblack
03-11-2009, 02:14 PM
I take the entire weekend off of work and basically just sit there with a bunch of friends n drink beers while watching. Add in some Skyline dip and its a great way to spend the day.

TheBuffaloBills
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I have it all planned out. I am going wake up at 7 am, and bring my grill:http://www.bargainshopper.ca/greenegg/images/big_green_egg_med.JPG

Its called the Big Green Egg. Its a smoker, and griller combined. Its amazing. Well I am going to lug that over to my bro's house where he is going to have some buddy's over. I am going to prepare the food all day long. At 3:45, I will complete my Coconut Shrimp, and serve that as an appetizer. After that, at pick 16, I am going to throw 2 BBQ chicken pizza's on the Big Green Egg (Yeah it does Pizza too. It makes it taste like brickoven pizza.) At the start of round 2, I will through my special "Monster" Burgers on the grill. It will be an awesome day of food, along with football.

therock6000
03-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Beer
Grill beef, pork, and beef
Beer
Try to wrap my head around Patriots draft choices
Beer
Come to conclusion that the Patriots have ninjas in war room
Beer
Wonder exactly how ugly Jerry Jones would be without plastic surgery
Beer
Slick back hair Kiper style
Beer
Re-enact Berman's rant
Beer
Time myself in the 40
Beer
Put 225 on my bench...get stuck...try to see how many push ups i can do instead
Beer
Pretend that I'm Vince Young (draw stick figures on white board instead of passing routes)
Beer

stephenson86
03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
It's a 9pm start over here so I'll likely watch it with my buddy who is also into the draft with a few beers. There should be more draft parties in England :(

agreed, pissed its starting so late

vidae
03-11-2009, 02:46 PM
I'll be boring. Having a few family and friends over, order pizzas or something.

ndbigdave
03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
I will do what I have always done since graduating college - which is creating my own little "war room" all of my draft magazines, printed out articles, some mock drafts, my own personal predictions as well as the trusty laptop to check out the fallout/analysis here and on ESPN - probably will even try to participate in some of the chats - post some questions comments as well...

Oh yeah, and ice cold beer :)

ndbigdave
03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Would anyone else be interested in starting/joining me in a AIM Chat session for the draft?

I know I would enjoy chatting with folks as the draft is going on while not having to refresh the boards or anything like that.

I can certainly invite people and set it up if folks give me their AIM screen name.

Donno
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
Hashish brownie :)

The Dynasty
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM
Go to this draft party my father and I and his friend have every year since 2001. We have a huge feast of food and just talk football for the whole day.

TheBuffaloBills
03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Scott, are you going to have a live radio stream during the draft? It would be awesome!

drowe
03-11-2009, 04:25 PM
This year, i'm hosting a party. a bunch of friends and their wives. all Brewer fans, so i'm gonna grill the Sausage Race. we hung out last year and made bets on picks when 2 or more people had differing opinions. it was fun. this year will be even better because the Packers have a top 10 pick.

Go_Eagles77
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I'll spend the whole draft by myself and watch every pick. (Unfortunately I don't know anyone even remotely interested in the draft)
It's still one of the best days of the year for me, waking up on draft day for me is like waking up on Christmas morning for kids.

thetedginnshow
03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
I might be going to the Ohio State Spring Game before but I have to check the times. During I think we're going to try and drink through the draft.

Chief49er
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
going to the draft at radio city, i live about 15 mins walking distance.

Young Nasty Man
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
ill either be going or ill stay here in teh burbs of NY (15 mins from the city) and will get a ton of wings with the boys and will draft it out. That or ill have a final at 10 am in the morning (which I do) and will be on a plane at 12 30 or 5 45 pm and will arrive back in NY and will prob go to ESPN Zone or will chill in the house with some food...

skinzzfan25
03-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Running by my friends grave :|

Grabbing some wings/bbq and watching with some neighbors.

Brent
03-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I'll probably buy a 30 pack and shoot to finish it by the end of the draft (spread it over two days). Also, I need to find a web stream of the draft as I dont have a TV.

Scott Wright
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM
You could always make a sign that says ThePudge :P

I want to see a Draft Countdown sign! :)

ESimsfan87
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Making the trek from Michigan to Mid town Manhattan for the draft with four buddies. The Spaceballs signs and costumes will hopefully be aplenty. My one friend wants to make a dark helmet costume and spray paint it honolulu blue for the lions. Probably will have a sign saying use the schwartz.

But after driving for an entire day, I'm definitely going to nee a cold one.

Beans
03-11-2009, 11:23 PM
gonna hang with some friends probably, get mad at tampa's pick, eat some food

the usual

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I don't know if I'll watch it with any friends or not this year. They usually kind of unintentionally annoy me because they don't know a whole lot about the draft. I wish my dad didn't work Saturdays because it would be real fun to watch it with him. I'll probably just watch it by myself with all kinds of food and see if I can get a decent connection to this site.