PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game dunk costs team playoff game

MetSox17
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
This kid fails.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=922635

tjsunstein
03-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Haha wow, I JUST read this on yahoo and you posted it when I checked bad here. Kind of sucks but the kid is a buck fifty and he broke the backboard. Kudos for that.

iowatreat54
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM
I would say sucks for the team, but serves the kid right. It's like the same thing that happened to St. Mary's before the game vs. Gonzaga. Teams know the rule and yet players dunk anyways. It's their own fault for whatever happens.

CJSchneider
03-11-2009, 03:53 PM
This is a rule well known by coaches (hell, they announce it at every coach's rule review meeting I've been two - that's right both of them)and yet kids always want to test it. Tough lesson to learn, but rules is rules.

fischbowl
03-11-2009, 04:30 PM
That kid is an asshole. Way to **** up

Todd Bertuzzi
03-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Well they ended up losing in the losers bracket anyways so...

kwilk103
03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
what a dumb rule

aNYtitan
03-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Damn that sucks, shows what happens when you show off

CashmoneyDrew
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I've seen high school teams teed up before the game even starts because some white boy wants to prove he's the **** cause he can dunk in pre-game warm-ups. It's so damn impressive.

I KNOW IT ALL
03-11-2009, 06:33 PM
What is the reasoning behind the no dunking in warm up rule? Is it to prevent situations like this or is it a sportsmanship issue? I never understood it when I played. I probably dunked just as often as I did lay-ups in games so it would have been helpful to warm-up that aspect of my game...

MetSox17
03-11-2009, 08:56 PM
What is the reasoning behind the no dunking in warm up rule? Is it to prevent situations like this or is it a sportsmanship issue? I never understood it when I played. I probably dunked just as often as I did lay-ups in games so it would have been helpful to warm-up that aspect of my game...

I don't know if it's different in the NCAA, but i know in High School, you're not allowed to touch the rim, dunking or otherwise. It's to prevent situations like this. The backboard can obviously fail, the rim can get bent, whatever reason, but if it happens during the game, then okay, it's acceptable, but not when the game hasn't even started. It's a good rule to have, EVERYONE and their mother knows it, so i don't understand why these coaches let it go by.

Ignorance of the rules is not an excuse, so if they didn't know they would be forced to forfeit if something happened to the rim/backboard, tough ****.

Brent
03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
What a ****** ass rim/backboard.

LonghornsLegend
03-11-2009, 09:18 PM
****** rule, but I can't say I wouldn't be tempted to beat dude's ass, fans traveled, payed money, were in the stands, this kinda stuff goes down at the wrong HS and your looking at a riot pretty quickly.