PDA

View Full Version : 3/12 - Podcast Mock Draft!!!

Scott Wright
03-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey,

Be sure to tune in for the podcast on Thursday, March 12th at 4pm eastern.

That's right, we are starting an hour early because we need the extra time!

Greg DePalma, Matt Bitonti from Draft Daddy, Colin Lindsay from the GBN Report and I will once again be doing a live mock draft. Basically we have divvied up the teams and will take turns selecting, followed by some analysis of each move. We did it a couple of times last year and it was a lot of fun so be sure to check it out.

http://www.primesportsnetwork.com

RaiderNation
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Nice I cant wait. How long with it be before it become avalible on iTunes when you guys finish it you think?

Matthew Jones
03-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounds good!

Scott Wright
03-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice I cant wait. How long with it be before it become avalible on iTunes when you guys finish it you think?

It should be available on iTunes at some point on Friday.

Listen live if you can though!

RaiderNation
03-11-2009, 09:48 PM
It should be available on iTunes at some point on Friday.

Listen live if you can though!

I will be at school :( I might able to listen to some when I get home though

NIN1984
03-11-2009, 11:05 PM
good stuff, those podcasts are real entertaining.

MidwayMonster31
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Excellent. The podcast is something for me to listen to while I'm on the road.

Halsey
03-12-2009, 07:55 AM
I loved the mock draft podcasts last year. Once a couple of unexpected picks are made it changes everything and the 'GM's' have to decide on scenasrios they weren't expecting.

Scott Wright
03-12-2009, 09:48 AM
If you guys post on other football message boards try to plug today's show. I think it's going to be a good one and I'd like to hype it up!

Obviously don't go around spamming or anything like that though...

bitonti
03-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I got Detroit's pick in less than an hour... and it won't be stafford!

Scott Wright
03-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I got Detroit's pick in less than an hour... and it won't be stafford!

You seriously think the Lions won't take Stafford?

I already fear for the accuracy of this mock...

scar988
03-12-2009, 03:06 PM
thank god I logged on in time.

scar988
03-12-2009, 03:10 PM
and Bitonti, I like your pick in your mock for Atlanta. but your reasoning makes no sense. old in the middle? we have Curtis lofton there.

Halsey
03-12-2009, 04:01 PM
and Bitonti, I like your pick in your mock for Atlanta. but your reasoning makes no sense. old in the middle? we have Curtis lofton there.

Old in the middle? :D

Isn't this a guy who runs a site? Is the site Draftnoclue.com? Does it have the Falcons taking a QB of the future in round 2? :D

scar988
03-12-2009, 04:08 PM
They're at chicago now. I'm waiting for the whole thing to finish though. this is pretty cool.

scar988
03-12-2009, 04:23 PM
god, I hate how this guy is pronouncing Laurainitis. it's LOh ren I tis.

scar988
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
guy from GBR says Vontae Davis, but the character isn't there. and the host is smart. DT is huge. Jerry would be a good pick too, but with Cushing and Matthews, how do we pass one of them up for the WLB spot?

djp
03-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Who did the Vikings end up with?

The Dynasty
03-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Who did the Vikings end up with?

Darrius Heyward - Bey, I think was the pick. Which i would be perfectly fine with it doesnt fit a huge need but Sage/TJ need the most help as possible. I had fun listening to the show today.

superman
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
all i wanna know is dolphins pick

djp
03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Darrius Heyward - Bey, I think was the pick. Which i would be perfectly fine with it doesnt fit a huge need but Sage/TJ need the most help as possible. I had fun listening to the show today.

What a god awful pick.

We just spent money on Berrian last year, we need a legit possession receiver like Hakeem Nicks WAY more than we need DHB.

Not to mention right tackle is the biggest need we have

bitonti
03-12-2009, 08:51 PM

dude i didn't pick for atlanta

ill get these picks posted in the thread asap

bitonti
03-12-2009, 08:58 PM
left the full list in another location

gbn picked vontae davis for atlanta

dd picked ron brace for miami

bitonti
03-13-2009, 09:10 AM
mms://nick9.surfernetwork.com/WGDPFiles/Draft31209.wma
http://nick8.surfernetwork.com/Media/Pod/WGDP/Draft31209.mp3

participants are Matt Bitonti (Draftdaddy), Greg DePalma (Prime Sports Network), Scott Wright (DraftCountdown), Colin Lindsay (Great Blue North Draft Report)

1 DET - LB Aaron Curry, Wake Forest (MattB)
2 STL - OT Jason Smith, Baylor (GregD)
3 KC - DE Brian Orakpo, Texas (Scott)
4 SEA - QB Matt Stafford, Georgia (Colin)
5 CLE - DT B.J. Raji, Boston College (MattB)
6 CIN - OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia (GregD)
7 OAK - WR Jeremy Maclin, Missouri (Scott)
8 JAC - QB Mark Sanchez, USC (Colin)
9 GB - DE Everette Brown, Florida State (MattB)
10 SF - LB Rey Maulauga, USC (GregD)
11 BUF - DE Aaron Maybin, Penn State (Scott)
12 DEN - CB Malcolm Jenkins, Ohio State (Colin)
13 WAS - OT Michael Oher, Ole Miss (MattB)
14 NO - RB Beanie Wells, Ohio State (GregD)
15 HOU - WR Michael Crabtree, Texas Tech (Scott)
16 SD - DE Tyson Jackson, LSU (Colin)
17 NYJ - TE Brandon Pettigrew, Okla St (MattB)
18 CHI - WR Percy Harvin, Florida (GregD)
19 TB - QB Josh Freeman, Kansas St (Scott)
20 DET - OT Andre Smith, Alabama (Colin)
21 PHI - RB Knowshon Moreno, Georgia (MattB)
22 MIN - WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, Maryland (GregD)
23 NE - LB Clint Sintim, Virginia (Scott)
24 ATL - CB Vontae Davis, Illinois (Colin)
25 MIA - NT Ron Brace, Boston College (MattB)
26 BAL - WR Kenny Britt, Rutgers (GregD)
27 IND - DT Peria Jerry, Ole Miss (Scott)
28 PHI - WR Hakeem Nicks, UNC (Colin)
29 NYG - DE Michael Johnson, Georgia Tech (MattB)
30 TEN - CB D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt (GregD)
31 AZ - RB Donald Brown, UConn (Scott)
32 PIT - OC Alex Mack, Cal (Colin)

Flyboy
03-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Absolutely GREAT pick for the Saints although I don't see us passing on Crabtree if he's available.

superman
03-13-2009, 09:41 AM
don't the jets like keller? why pettigrew in the 1st? and wow that curry pick...

bitonti
03-13-2009, 09:49 AM
don't the jets like keller? why pettigrew in the 1st? and wow that curry pick...

keller isn't a blocker, the Jets have no one else. I didn't go into this trying to get Pettigrew, it just all kinda came together last minute. My options were Pettigrew or Moreno, DHB, Freeman etc all seem kinda like reaches at that point.

superman
03-13-2009, 10:17 AM
but a 1st rounder for a part time te?

MyLostintention
03-13-2009, 10:29 AM
keller isn't a blocker, the Jets have no one else. I didn't go into this trying to get Pettigrew, it just all kinda came together last minute. My options were Pettigrew or Moreno, DHB, Freeman etc all seem kinda like reaches at that point.

Jets won't draft a first round TE in back to back drafts....they aren't THAT stupid when it comes to draft day.

bitonti
03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Dustin Keller is not a TE. He's a big 245 pound receiver. He's Ramses Barden plus 10 pounds. They have Keller and Dearth (LS) on the roster. Putting Keller on the line and asking him to reach block nasty DE all day long isn't a smart move.

This is not a pick I am advocating it is a pick I am predicting. They want to run alot, whoever the QB is... im telling you guys it's not the pick I want but look at what Rex Ryan is building, taking Pettigrew is like extending your OL. It's not what I would do but i think it is at least a possibility.

Right now, today, they literally don't have a bigger hole on the roster than TE. We can talk about RB, QB, WR but they actually have players on the roster who can in theory play the position. They don't have enough TE to start the year right now.

superman
03-13-2009, 11:53 AM
so they just count their losses with drafting keller last yr? even though he didn't disappoint with like 50 rec for 500+ yards?

i can see drafting a qb or wr that would play sparingly in the 1st roundbecause you're grooming them to eventually start full time, but drafting pettigrew to only play when they wanna run isn't the same thing. it's either saying keller was a bust or pettigrew is an orlando pace at te,

scar988
03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
dude i didn't pick for atlanta

ill get these picks posted in the thread asap

naw, I was saying on your site dude.

bitonti
03-13-2009, 02:30 PM
so they just count their losses with drafting keller last yr? even though he didn't disappoint with like 50 rec for 500+ yards?

i can see drafting a qb or wr that would play sparingly in the 1st roundbecause you're grooming them to eventually start full time, but drafting pettigrew to only play when they wanna run isn't the same thing. it's either saying keller was a bust or pettigrew is an orlando pace at te,

like i said this isn't about my thinking it's about what Rex Ryan and Mike T are gonna do. UP to me I'd probably go defense... but these guys want to have a run-first team and dustin keller is basically their 2WR right now. They can't put Keller out there and make him block all game, it won't work. Keller isn't a complete TE. they need a complete TE and if one is staring them in the face I don't know they pass him up.

Put it another way, who else could they take with that pick who would START day 1. Not a RB (Thomas Jones, Leon). Not a QB (clemens, ratliff). Not a WR (WR almost never start right away). These guys are looking for starters, say what you will about Pettigrew - he's gonna start and he's not a reach.

Jonny
03-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I listened to the podcast earlier. Interesting comments on Britt. I'm biased here, but I think he's a player and underrated by the internet right now.

superman
03-13-2009, 09:02 PM
like i said this isn't about my thinking it's about what Rex Ryan and Mike T are gonna do. UP to me I'd probably go defense... but these guys want to have a run-first team and dustin keller is basically their 2WR right now. They can't put Keller out there and make him block all game, it won't work. Keller isn't a complete TE. they need a complete TE and if one is staring them in the face I don't know they pass him up.

Put it another way, who else could they take with that pick who would START day 1. Not a RB (Thomas Jones, Leon). Not a QB (clemens, ratliff). Not a WR (WR almost never start right away). These guys are looking for starters, say what you will about Pettigrew - he's gonna start and he's not a reach.

i think they'd take defense. or wr. then if they just want a te that can block wait for that later. keller is the starter. they can plug in an athletic linemen if they really want to run it all the time. pettigrew is #1 and good value where the jets pick, but te should be wayyyyy low on their list.

Crickett
03-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Dustin Keller is not a TE. He's a big 245 pound receiver. He's Ramses Barden plus 10 pounds. They have Keller and Dearth (LS) on the roster. Putting Keller on the line and asking him to reach block nasty DE all day long isn't a smart move.

This is not a pick I am advocating it is a pick I am predicting. They want to run alot, whoever the QB is... im telling you guys it's not the pick I want but look at what Rex Ryan is building, taking Pettigrew is like extending your OL. It's not what I would do but i think it is at least a possibility.

Right now, today, they literally don't have a bigger hole on the roster than TE. We can talk about RB, QB, WR but they actually have players on the roster who can in theory play the position. They don't have enough TE to start the year right now.

Dustin Keller is 6'2 248 and Ramses Barden is 6'6 229. No, they're not even remotely the same and yes, Dustin Keller is a tight end. The Jets do need a #2 blocking TE, but that is never, I repeat NEVER a first round need for any team ever.

jballa838
03-13-2009, 09:31 PM
stafford to seattle? not when we just paid TJ houshwantstowinnow.

superman
03-13-2009, 09:36 PM
stafford to seattle? not when we just paid TJ houshwantstowinnow.

they'd take stafford.

one problem. curry won't go #1 so it won't be an issue.

hagy34
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Crabtree at 15? Hmmmmm...I don't know about that one.

I.R Baboon
03-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Thank you some one else noticed it. Crabtree would never drop drop to 15 (maybe can't really say its the draft) thats way to low and by the Texans at that Andre Johnson had a terrfic year that don't need another big threat wide out.

Abaddon
03-14-2009, 12:46 AM
Just now listening. Scott was pretty brutal about that Detroit pick. Sounded like it messed his whole day up.

superman
03-14-2009, 01:05 AM
Just now listening. Scott was pretty brutal about that Detroit pick. Sounded like it messed his whole day up.

i think the guy was just trying to be the one to shake up the mock, not necessarily going for accuracy

49ersfan_87
03-14-2009, 10:33 AM
10 SF - LB Rey Maulauga, USC (GregD)

Oh man. That pick would literally ruin my day. We already have an All-Pro ILB in Patrick Willis and a solid vet in Takeo Spikes. A collossal waste of a top 10 pick. No other pick would piss me off more.

shady00
03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I turned it off the very second that guy picked Aaron Curry stating it was a smarter financial pick to give a OLB 30+ mil :eek:

thetedginnshow
03-15-2009, 12:12 AM

so you're saying they're morons :(

bitonti
03-15-2009, 09:58 AM
simple question for all the know it alls on this thread

if Curry is worth the #2 pick why isn't he worth the #1 pick? hmm?

and all the so called Jets fans on this thread, do you realize Dustin Keller and James Dearth are the only TE on the roster? how is Rex Ryan Bill Callahan and Brian Schotty going to run the ball with that TE corp?

thetedginnshow
03-15-2009, 10:13 AM
To all the so-called draft experts in this thread: Do you realize that #2 blocking TEs exist in the later rounds of the draft?

thediggler3030
03-15-2009, 03:02 PM

If your standard for mocks is predicting who the team will pick rather than who you think they should pick then why didn't you take Stafford and why did you refuse to take Smith?

Those facts are really inconsistent with your reasoning for taking Pettigrew...

Nothing was worse than the Maualuga pick though. Like seriously, does that guy even pay attention to whats going on?

Crickett
03-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Not a WR (WR almost never start right away). These guys are looking for starters, say what you will about Pettigrew - he's gonna start and he's not a reach.

If the Jets don't add someone either through free agency or through the draft at wide receiver, they will have Chansi Stuckey/Brad Smith/Dave Clowney as their #2/#3 wide receiver. Three guys with 735 career receiving yards combined.

superman
03-15-2009, 06:53 PM
simple question for all the know it alls on this thread

if Curry is worth the #2 pick why isn't he worth the #1 pick? hmm?

and all the so called Jets fans on this thread, do you realize Dustin Keller and James Dearth are the only TE on the roster? how is Rex Ryan Bill Callahan and Brian Schotty going to run the ball with that TE corp?

every LITTLE position gap doesn't need to be filled in the 1st round