PDA

View Full Version : Full Vikings Mock

lordquas
03-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Vikings Mock
Michael Johnson DE 67 265- talented, freakishly atheltic end who'd most likely start opposite Jared Allen.

Phil Loadholt OT 68 335- Massive Massive man with tons of upside. Would compete with Ryan Cook for starter.

Rhett Bomar QB 62 225- QB of the future? Raw prospect but would learn behind Rosenfels, Jackson, and Booty as a rookie but could eventually take over the franchise.

Ellis Lankster CB 510 195- Solid cover guy who'd compete for playing time.

Brian Toal OLB 60 240- Super versatile player who would be an ace on special teams if healthy.

General Zod
03-12-2009, 06:05 AM
I just think as of right now we have to many pressing needs besides DE with the first pick. That and Im not a big fan of Michael Johnson, he can get lazy at times, his work ethic is in question.

russie
03-12-2009, 06:12 AM
yeah, de isnt really a need, but if it is the position tabbed in the first round, the homer part of me wants it to be larry english.

the rest of that draft plays out fairly well though. i might want to switch that qb with a te though(jimmy k aint getting any younger and i'm still not sold on shiancoe). sooner or later the vikes need to get a real qb that wont take much coaching, instead of just another project that we dont have the coaches to mold

vikes_28
03-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Offensive tackle is a bigger need than DE. Sorry sir. You have Failed.

the_legend_killer
03-12-2009, 11:21 AM
I wouldn't have as big of a problem as most when it came to Johnson. Certainly he has the potential to be damn good, but it's a matter of motivation. Not sure Chilly could do that, but I'd rather have Johnson than draft Josh Freeman. Loadholt is an ok pick, and would fit the line being a big, run-blocking orientated line. Bomar would be alright, as long as he was the #3 that got at least 2 seasons to watch. But then again, I feel that way about JDB too, and I wouldn't want to get rid of him yet. Lankster and Toal would be alright picks by me, i'm not going to complain too much about late round picks dedicated to special teams (Which really needs it).

hagy34
03-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Awful. This would mean we are ignoring CB in the early part of the draft and completely ignoring our need at WR.

marshallb
03-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Yea, that is awful, plus you only have us having 5 picks, we have 6, 1, 2, 3, 5, and 2 7ths. DE isn't a need, and also we don't really need another developmental QB.