PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut or Domino's or Papa John's?

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Based off the other thread about burgers. What is your favorite pizza chain?

There's always a local place that trumps them all, but of the main Pizza places, which is the best?

I'd have to say Pizza Hut for me, the best crust if you get the pan pizza. Just the perfect porprtion of sauce and cheeze and topping on the best crust. Second is Papa John's, simply for the Garlic Sauce. I like Domino's but obviously not as much as these other two...

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 11:29 AM
I probably left out another major one, but these were the first three that popped into my head...

comahan
03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Domino's for me. Love the sauce.

Brent
03-12-2009, 11:31 AM
for normal pizza: Double Dave's
for pizza rolls: Gumby's Pizza

Splat
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
1.Papa John's
2.Pizza Hut
3.Any place not named Domino's.

Malaka
03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
They all suck, I would rather go to any local pizza place over these, but if I had to choose Papa John's or Dominos.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
those places are all garbage. I would imagine only those from the Chicago or New York areas have a true appreciation for what good pizza is.

For example... It is very difficult to find a good pizza in Milwaukee... people from Wisconsin have no idea what good pizza is.

cdub11
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
1. Papa John's
2. Pizza Hut
3. Domino's

The_Dude
03-12-2009, 11:47 AM
National Chains:

1. Carbone's
2. Papa Murphy's (love the take and bake)
3. Pizza Hut

Local (MN): Red's Savoy Pizza

Malaka
03-12-2009, 11:48 AM
I miss NY, the Pizza was amazing there, it is extremely difficult to find good pizza in Florida, they all suck, maybe one or two local places are passable but their mostly terrible.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Local places (Lehigh Valley, Eastern PA) that I like are Cavaluzzo's, Mamma Mia, Joe's, Vera Cruz Cafe. All make great Pizza.

I KNOW IT ALL
03-12-2009, 11:52 AM
those places are all garbage. I would imagine only those from the Chicago or New York areas have a true appreciation for what good pizza is.

Italy knows what good pizza is, considering they invented the stuff.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 11:53 AM

For someone who knows it all, you're really off;).

Pizza was invented in New York City...

Menardo75
03-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Probably Pizza Hut.

VoteLynnSwan

yea like eaglesalltheway mentioned... Pizza is an american invention

strictly speaking i was talking specifically about pizza in America anyway... I have never been out of the country so i really couldn't say what pizza is like anywhere else in the world. For all i know the Dutch might make a mean pie.

Brent
For someone who knows it all, you're really off
Nevermind that Greek food like plakous has been around for centuries...

Malaka
03-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Greek food is amazing, I know, I am Greek ;)

Also the Chinese had a form of pizza, with cheese baked on bread, with seasoning, vegetables, toppings etc.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Nevermind that Greek food like plakous has been around for centuries...

I'm assuming its very similar to pizza, what are the differences?

diabsoule
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Pizza Hut
Papa John's
Domino's

I ate too much free Domino's in college so I've gotten really sick of it.

Malaka
03-12-2009, 11:59 AM
I'm assuming its very similar to pizza, what are the differences?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LmhjQteKezg/RvCZ6H_AIkI/AAAAAAAAAOE/nOqjwCkX4QI/s400/piadina-bread-1%2B(450%2Bx%2B600).jpg

Cheese, tomato sauce, etc. is inside.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 12:01 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LmhjQteKezg/RvCZ6H_AIkI/AAAAAAAAAOE/nOqjwCkX4QI/s400/piadina-bread-1%2B(450%2Bx%2B600).jpg

Cheese, tomato sauce, etc. is inside.

So its more like Stromboli?

Well then Greece gets credit for Stromboli (unless there is some other place i don't know about) and America gets credit for Pizza, haha.

nrk
03-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Well if isn't on top it isn't a pizza! Out of that list I eat Pizza Hut the most probably. Pizza Shuttle is where it's at. Hideaway pizza is a pretty good local place. Theres one in Norman, Stillwater and I think one in Texas.

I KNOW IT ALL
03-12-2009, 12:04 PM

yea like eaglesalltheway mentioned... Pizza is an american invention

You think pizza is an American invention? :eek:

Do you have evidence of this or are you just talking out of your ass?

nrk
03-12-2009, 12:06 PM

Immigrants brought pizza over to America I'm pretty sure.

P-L
03-12-2009, 12:07 PM
My favorite chain is Hungry Howie's. My favorite pizza overall is Buddy's (they only have eight locations, all in metro Detroit).

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 12:10 PM

I've seen it on numerous shows on Food Network, just google it and you'll find it somewhere.

Rob S
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
NYC pizza is amazing and my favorite.........but, Italy knows how to make pizza.......its pretty delicious there. I won't get from a chain unless I am hammered and everything else is closed.

P-L
03-12-2009, 12:12 PM
http://inventors.about.com/od/foodrelatedinventions/a/pizza.htm

Considered a peasant's meal in Italy for centuries we cannot say who invented the very first pizza pie. Food historians agree that pizza like dishes were eaten by many peoples in the Mediterranean including the Greeks and Egyptians.

However, modern pizza has been attributed to baker Raffaele Esposito of Naples. In 1889, Esposito who owned a restaurant called the Pizzeria di Pietro baked what he called "pizza" especially for the visit of Italian King Umberto I and Queen Margherita.

The first pizzeria in North America was opened in 1905 by Gennaro Lombardi at 53 1/3 Spring Street in New York City.

Rob S
03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
oh and btw, India wins for grossest pizza hands down. They use ketchup instead of tomato sauce.......so nasty.

Rob S
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
http://inventors.about.com/od/foodrelatedinventions/a/pizza.htm

yeah I was pretty sure the first official pizza was in napoli........

I KNOW IT ALL
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I've seen it on numerous shows on Food Network, just google it and you'll find it somewhere.

P-L just posted a link showing it was invented in Italy...

I always thought that was general knowledge, but I guess there's no limits to Americans' ethnocentrism. :rolleyes:

LonghornsLegend
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I'd have to say Pizza Hut for me, the best crust if you get the pan pizza. Just the perfect porprtion of sauce and cheeze and topping on the best crust.

Winner winner chicken dinner :D Man, I love the pan pizza from pizza hut, I usually get pepperoni lovers but the crust is amazing, I probably order at least a few a week, and being that spring break is here probably even more.

I really love Dominoes too when I get the thin crust, it just can't touch Pizza Hut's pan pizza.

nrk
03-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Man I want some pizza now. What do you guys eat on yours? I usually get pizza sausage and jalapenos.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
well according to wikipedia I am wrong. Pizza was invented in Naples... Wikipedia knows all so i concede defeat...

however lest we forget that without the Americas, Europe would not have had tomatoes, and therefore would not have pizza. HA! American ethnocentrism prevails again!

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM

I always thought that was general knowledge, but I guess there's no limits to Americans' ethnocentrism. :rolleyes:

Well then I bow down to your knowledge. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't believe it to be true...

Damn you Food Network, and your Lies!

Malaka
03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
Man I want some pizza now. What do you guys eat on yours? I usually get pizza sausage and jalapenos.

I love Hawaiian, Sausage, Pepperoni, or meat lovers.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 12:22 PM

I usually get more cheese, sausage, hamburger, or bacon (mostly bacon)

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Well then I bow down to your knowledge. I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't believe it to be true...

Damn you Food Network, and your Lies!

that's where i had heard it as well... just another reason to not believe anything anyone on the food network says... Obviously not including Alton Brown who is the king of all food knowledge.

Crickett
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Here is how I rank em.

1. Pizza Hut: although I only eat there during their lunch buffet

2. Pappa Johns

3. Dominos: I only eat their Philly Cheesesteak pizza, which isn't really pizza imo. Which is good, because I would rank regular dominos pizza somewhere beneath tombstone and ellios.

Brothgar
03-12-2009, 12:25 PM

Pizza in the form we all know and love is an American invention the origin of pizza its self is said to be either Chinese or Italian depending on who you talk to.

As for my fav fast pizza place it has to be

nqQh60V48WI

I KNOW IT ALL
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
I always liked Pizza Hut stuffed crust but I've only had it a few times. I'm a sucker for those unknown chains that every city seems to have hundreds of.

Mr.Regular
03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
You know the Pizza Hut commercial where "They deliver the pasta!!!!!"?
Well next time it's on take a look after the 'big reveal'. There is tons of clapping noise but not one of the dinner guests is clapping. Drives me crazy.

On topic, I'd pick Dominos from there.

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Uhhhh.... actually his link says no one knows who originally invented the pizza, just the modern pizza. Might want to read that again. But it's funny this debate comes up because two guys at my volunteer site were arguing over who actually invented pizza just the other day.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 12:28 PM
there is no doubt in my mind that Pizza Hut's pasta is terrible.

CashmoneyDrew
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh and btw. My list goes something like this.....

1) Bellacino's
2) Pizza Perfect
3) Sir Pizza

Matthew Jones
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I prefer Papa John's because of the garlic dipping sauce or whatever.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 12:32 PM
as far as pizza in Milwaukee goes, the best i've found (and i'm pretty convinced that this is the best i'll find in this city) is a place called Oakland Trattoria. It's across the street from Oakland Gyros, the best greek restaurant in the city. Those who go to UW Milwauke (i'm looking at you Yodachu) should at least know all about OG's

Malaka
03-12-2009, 12:34 PM
there is no doubt in my mind that Pizza Hut's pasta is terrible.

It is not god awful, it is eatable but still bad... I had pasta alfredo when my friends ordered it.

j05son
03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Wedgewood Pizza in Austintown Ohio is the best pizza I've ever had.

I hate all these chains but I will go with Papa John's being the best of those and the only one I'll order from.

Vikes99ej
03-12-2009, 12:38 PM
**** man, just give me some Domino's.

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 12:41 PM
I prefer Papa John's because of the garlic dipping sauce or whatever.

i have no respect for Papa John's BECAUSE of the dipping sauces... Pizza shouldn't need dipping sauces, that's just stupid.

iowatreat54
03-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I've had Domino's once in the last 4 years, Papa John's a couple times because I used to live across the street from it, and Pizza Hut not at all. Local pizzerias>>>>any chain.

Also, my roommate and I had lasagna from Pizza hut. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever eaten, but it wasn't great and definitely a ripoff for how little they give you. Also, my roommate says it turned his **** really green.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 12:54 PM
i have no respect for Papa John's BECAUSE of the dipping sauces... Pizza shouldn't need dipping sauces, that's just stupid.

it makes the crust so much better. If dominos had that sauce with the pizza it would be right up there with Papa Johns.

Paul
03-12-2009, 12:55 PM
1. Dominos

2. Papa Johns

3. Pizza Hut

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 12:56 PM
For me:

Local places

Pizza Hut

Papa Johns

Dominos

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Pizza Hut>>>>Dominoes>>>>Papa Johns

Anyone had Pizza Johns?

vikes_28
03-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Papa Johns FTW. Those delicious little peppers and garlic butter sauce. mmm.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Papa Johns FTW. Those delicious little peppers and garlic butter sauce. mmm.

Pepperoncinis(I think that is how it's spelled) are blazed. I buy jars of them and smash them

IndyColtScout
03-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Pizza hut is good,
and Domino's edible.
Papa John's rapes all.

Crickett
03-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Pizza hut is good,
and Domino's edible.
Papa John's rapes all.

No it is not.

bantx
03-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Papa Johns is the best, and yes their garlic dipping sauce for the crust is delicious.

Id eat Pizza Hut over Dominos anyday, Pizza has some good thin crust pizza.

Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza FTW!

iowatreat54
03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
I always feel like Papa John's is undercooked. Maybe it's just me having worked in a pizza place in the past or maybe it's seeing the pizza roll through an oven for 10 minutes at most, but a pizza should be in an oven for at least 15 minutes, preferably at least 20.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
I will eat anyones pizza as long as there are no veggies or fish on it. The only pizza I really don't eat is anyone who has sweet sauce

OSUGiants17
03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
1. Domino's
2. Papa Johns
3. Pizza Hut

Brodeur
03-12-2009, 01:47 PM
My favorite chain is Hungry Howie's. My favorite pizza overall is Buddy's (they only have eight locations, all in metro Detroit).

I eat Buddy's occasionally and I don't really understand the hype that it gets around here. Hungry Howie's is alright but I'm not sure if I would consider it as the best. I've recently warmed up to Old Chicago but I'm not sure how long that will last.

As for the 3 in the topic, I absolutely despise Domino's and Papa John's never really did anything for me so I'd take Pizza Hut by default.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 01:48 PM
Some places take it out too early around where I live. The cheese is all liquified and gross and it falls off the crust.

undercooked pizza
I hate it so very much
Cook your damn pizza!

bantx
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Theres this place by my house Trios, a slice of pizza is like 1/4 of a box for regular places. It is good stuff.

fischbowl
03-12-2009, 01:51 PM
They are all really bad. Pizza Pizza is OK.

I miss Buffalo pizza so much, I had Mr. Pizza all the time

Vikes99ej
03-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Gary's Pizza in Mankato is also bomb.

thetedginnshow
03-12-2009, 02:14 PM
papa johns allllll the way

Rjspartan
03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
NYPD pizza

thule
03-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Papa Johns...banana peppers + garlic butter = win

Go_Eagles77
03-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Papa Johns > Pizza Hut >> Domino's as far as pizza goes.

But Domino's subs are really good.

thenewfeature06
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
Pat's Pizzeria

sbh15
03-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Little ******* Caesar's

Brent
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
What do you guys eat on yours?
White pizza - toppings consist only of mozzarella and ricotta cheese drizzled with olive oil and spices like fresh basil and garlic. In Rome, the term pizza bianca refers to a type of bread topped with olive oil, salt and, occasionally, rosemary leaves. Itís also a Roman style to bottom the white pizza with figs, the result called pizza e fichi (pizza with figs)

That is what I get.

The Unseen
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
Pizza Hut. Always liked their pizza the best, and I love their new pasta.

bantx
03-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I like cheese thin crust pizza

or my favorite

pepperoni and mushroom

supreme is good stuff too.

The Unseen
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Oh yeah, I do love Papa John's garlic sauce, but Pizza Hut is better overall.

drowe
03-12-2009, 04:40 PM

For example... It is very difficult to find a good pizza in Milwaukee... people from Wisconsin have no idea what good pizza is.

yes, but chicago pizza sucks. AND I LIKE THICK CRUST!

and, gah. my favorite pizza place ever is in milwaukee but i can't remember the freaking name...southeast side..more known for their garlic bread than pizza.....oh, this is gonna drive me crazy.

also:
pizza hut
papa john's
domino's

avoid the ******* noid.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-12-2009, 04:52 PM
My favorite pizza is sausage but the round sausage.

badgerbacker
03-12-2009, 05:14 PM
I would go...
Papa John's
Domino's
Pizza Hut

Pizza Hut's cheese kind of makes me sick, especially the stuffed crust stuff.

My favorite pizza place is Ian's in Madison, and I think they might have one in Chicago and possibly other places as well. Mesa Pizza in Minneapolis is basically the same place. They have all different kinds of pizzas, many of which sound weird but are all delicious. Mac and cheese, cheeseburger and fries, mashed potatoes and others.

El Peefs?????
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Meh, national pizza chains just don't compare. Pizza Hut is OK but theyre way way overpriced for their mediocre quality food. Only their buffet is a good deal. I find Domino's to be some of the worst pizza you can get. Papa Johns isnt terrible but I would still prefer a lot of other places.

I'm actually quite a fan of the BBQ chicken pizza. Mmmm barbeque sauce, chicken, bacon, & onions. Its a love or hate pizza, i havent found much of a middle ground for peoples enjoyment of the BBQ pizza.

El Peefs?????
03-12-2009, 05:41 PM
I eat Buddy's occasionally and I don't really understand the hype that it gets around here. Hungry Howie's is alright but I'm not sure if I would consider it as the best. I've recently warmed up to Old Chicago but I'm not sure how long that will last.

As for the 3 in the topic, I absolutely despise Domino's and Papa John's never really did anything for me so I'd take Pizza Hut by default.

Nice, some local pizza talk. I like Buddy's a lot, as I love the chick crust deep dish. Pizza Papalis, however, is better than Buddy's IMO. Green Lantern has a delicious deep dish as well. I think Hungry Howie's is rather bad. I prefer Jet's, Cottage Inn, & Uncle Andy's.

Have any of you Michigan folk ever had a Tania's stuffed pizza? It is a party store/pizza place (i think there are only two of them) but their stuffed pizza is effing awesome.

http://metrotimes.com/sb/102101/~~stuffed_pizza_w_logo.jpg

VoteLynnSwan
03-12-2009, 07:37 PM
yes, but chicago pizza sucks. AND I LIKE THICK CRUST!

and, gah. my favorite pizza place ever is in milwaukee but i can't remember the freaking name...southeast side..more known for their garlic bread than pizza.....oh, this is gonna drive me crazy.

also:
pizza hut
papa john's
domino's

avoid the ******* noid.

Chicago style pizza is just delicious... so don't even go there.

NYPD pizza

I actually tried their pizza tuesday night... it was pretty good, especially for a chain place. They just put in an NYPD two blocks from my house.

TimD
03-12-2009, 07:43 PM
1. New York/New Jersey Pizza
2. Boston/New England PizzaChicago Pizza
3. Chicago Pizza
4. I hear Cali has some good places.
5. I really don't know. **** out of luck pizza?
6. Those 3 places.

edit: okay i think i finally have my list

ATLDirtyBirds
03-12-2009, 07:51 PM
From these choices? Pizza Hut. Nice little stuffed crust every once in a while is a damn good thing.

GB12
03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
I ******* hate how when these threads pop up people always do that *** **** about their local places being so much better. That wasn't part of the question.

7-11
03-12-2009, 08:36 PM

Are you genuinely trying to claim a city that was founded in the early 17th century invented a type of food as simple as pizza? Believe it or not the world did exist before the US was colonised.

skinzzfan25
03-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Pizza Hut has the best pan
Dominos has the best thin crust
Papa Johns has the best hand tossed

I'd still take any of the local joints over here above them though :)

CJSchneider
03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
I actually paid my way through college on the GI Bill and delivering pizza. I worked my way up to eventually becoming a manager at a Pizza Hut. There are many factors that go into the taste of a pizza. The single largest factor is - Water. That's right, let me explain. Water in used in the making of the dough and the sauce (it also has play in the toppings, but I'll get to that in a sec) Water in Dallas tastes different then water in say, Boston (mineral content due to added or filtering factors). When that water is used in such quantities to make dough or sauce - flavors change. Also chains like Pizza Hut and Dominoes actual put their veggie toppings through a centrifuge before they are packaged and sent off (this is in larger stores only - some smaller ones actually cut them fresh) . To the best of my knowledge, Papa John's does not do this. It is my there toppings slide off the pizza so easily (again, this taste that is created may be what you like).
As far as personal preference, for me, its:
Pizza Hut
Papa John's
Dominoes.

art vandelay
03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Pizza Hut is absolute garbage. I don't understand how they stay in business. Their pizza is so damn greasy.

Brodeur
03-12-2009, 09:10 PM
I ******* hate how when these threads pop up people always do that *** **** about their local places being so much better. That wasn't part of the question.

**** happens when the alternatives blow.

P-L
03-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Meh, national pizza chains just don't compare. Pizza Hut is OK but theyre way way overpriced for their mediocre quality food. Only their buffet is a good deal. I find Domino's to be some of the worst pizza you can get. Papa Johns isnt terrible but I would still prefer a lot of other places.

I'm actually quite a fan of the BBQ chicken pizza. Mmmm barbeque sauce, chicken, bacon, & onions. Its a love or hate pizza, i havent found much of a middle ground for peoples enjoyment of the BBQ pizza.
I am in that middle ground. If we go to Uno's or CPK and my girlfriend gets a BBQ Chicken Pizza I will finish whatever she doesn't, but I would never order it for myself.

eaglesalltheway
03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Are you genuinely trying to claim a city that was founded in the early 17th century invented a type of food as simple as pizza? Believe it or not the world did exist before the US was colonised.

OK, not trying to be a dick here, but thats just dumb. Of course I know there was organized culture before North America was discovered by Europeans. Christ, this will really teach me to not believe anything I hear on Food Network...

TimD
03-12-2009, 09:54 PM

I apologize....

1. Dominos
2. Pizza Hut
3. Papa Johns

I haven't had either in the longest time (at least 6 months) so yeah idk haha

vidae
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Dominos
Pizza Hut
Papa Johns

For some reason I just can't stand Papa Johns. I'm not sure if it's the sauce or ingredients, I just can't eat from there, and the weird thing is it hasn't always been like this. Up through HS and early college I loved Papa Johns. Not sure what changed for me but I can't eat it.

fenikz
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Pappa John's

but there is way better pizza

comahan
03-12-2009, 11:13 PM

Amen. So utterly annoying.

No one cares about your local pizza places, or how much you think these suck.

Beans
03-12-2009, 11:14 PM
1. New York/New Jersey Pizza

winner

dominos is ****

TimD
03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
winner

dominos is ****

Hell yes. I'm kind of dying in PA with the lack of good pizza. I also miss good bagels and taylor ham

PackerLegend
03-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Pizza Hut easily

Beans
03-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Hell yes. I'm kind of dying in PA with the lack of good pizza. I also miss good bagels and taylor ham

oh geez i never even thought that i wouldnt have taylor ham int he midwest if i go to college there

GUESS ILL GO TO COUNTY

BULLET DODGED

VoteLynnSwan
03-13-2009, 10:56 AM

Pizza was invented in Italy in the 1700s...

Not to mention... Pizza is pretty loosely defined as bread with tomatoes and possibly other toppings... Tomatoes were brought to Europe from the Americas in the 1500s.

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't know about anyone else but every time I come to Off-topic and I see this thread I immediately want to order some pizza :(

Shane P. Hallam
03-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Papa Johns, easily. It is amazing. Spicy Italian Sausage FTW!

aNYtitan
03-13-2009, 12:32 PM
I say Pizza Hut FTW

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2009, 01:28 PM
I don't know about anyone else but every time I come to Off-topic and I see this thread I immediately want to order some pizza :(

Yeah, me too, I'm kind of mad at myself for making the thread now, haha. Me and my buddies might snag some Pizza Hut tonight, haven't had it in at least 4 months, so its calling me...

El Peefs?????
03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah, me too, I'm kind of mad at myself for making the thread now, haha. Me and my buddies might snag some Pizza Hut tonight, haven't had it in at least 4 months, so its calling me...

You guys should totally order from somewhere better. Only good thing from Pizza Hut is hitting up their lunch buffet.

Brent
03-13-2009, 04:43 PM
You're not the only one.

Kurve
03-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Here in vegas there is only one place i go for a good NY Style pizza that is Metro pizza good stuff....... for a good chicago style deep dish i go to BJs.

I used to live in italy and the pizza over there is much different then our american counterparts usually you eat with fork and knife fresher toppings and the cook it in an extremely hot oven for just a couple minutes at most and it gets these nice bubbles on the crust so for me its hard to say which one i like better but i like good pizza anytime.

As for pizza chains they are truely all utter crap once u go to a good family pizzeria on a corner of your neighborhood that puts more time on each pie youll see how much pizza hut, dominos, ceasars, and papa johns all are crap.

BrownsTown
03-13-2009, 05:37 PM
1. Dominoes. Good taste, cheap, nice.
2. Pizza Hut. Best pizza out of the 3, but can't put it #1 because of heartburn and diarrhea
3. Papa Johns. Not bad, not up to the other two.

draftguru151
03-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Papa johns ftw!!! Dominos is really good too though, don't care much for pizza hut.

Splat
03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
I can't believe so many people like Dominos maybe its just the one where I live but it is really sloppy like the new guy working made it every time.

bantx
03-13-2009, 05:45 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/33/45890995_e6f3ac38fd.jpg?v=0

you cant deny this and their godly dipping sauce

Splat
03-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Little caesars breadsticks rock!!!

YAYareaRB
03-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I love Round Table.

Brent
03-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Well he was talking about chains:
Based off the other thread about burgers. What is your favorite pizza chain?
I named two chains:

for amazing pizza rolls: http://www.gumbyspizza.com/Locator.htm
for regular pizza: http://www.doubledaves.com/locations/

P-L
03-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I can't believe so many people like Dominos maybe its just the one where I live but it is really sloppy like the new guy working made it every time.
I can't believe so many people hate it. I mean, it's nowhere near the top of my list but I can come up with quite a long list of pizza places I like less.

CJSchneider
03-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I love Round Table.

Round table was the bomb. They don't have them here in Louisiana (that I have seen) but in CA, they are great. Awesome place for B-day parties as a kid.

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Well I'm ordering pizza hut 2nite, pizza and beer is the best Friday ever.

Brent
03-13-2009, 09:49 PM
I love Round Table.
Goddamn, I miss Round Table. When I was living in California, there was one within walking distance of our house.

pizza and beer and sex is the best Friday ever.
Fixed it for you.

LonghornsLegend
03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Fixed it for you.

Amen to that :D

Brent
03-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Amen to that :D
Sadly, today I have only achieved two of those three (beer and pizza). And thanks to the weather, the third doesnt have a good shot.

bantx
03-13-2009, 11:22 PM
i ordered papa johns today thanks to this thread lol

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 05:53 PM
I got Pizza Hut, haha

49ersfan_87
03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
Pizza Hut.

I've never had Dominoes or Papa Johns. I don't even know if there's a Papa Johns here in Toronto. BTW, Canadian Pizza chain "Pizza Pizza" is pretty good too.

holt_bruce81
03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
1. Pizza Hut
2. Dominos
3. Papa Johns

Even though I love Papa Johns cheese pizza.