PDA

View Full Version : Could Clay Matthews play ILB in a 3-4?

hannah73
03-12-2009, 01:53 PM
The patsies supposedly like this guy and want to take in the 1st? I know he's risen but 1st round?

Anway, he looks a little small framed to play ILB, but maybe I"m wrong.

Burns336
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
He can play inside or outside in the 3-4.

I personally like him inside in an aggressive 3-4 like the Chargers or Cowboys run where he will still be allowed to use his great blitzing ability but can also use his agility and IQ in coverage.

Most project him at SOLB, which is the logical choice, but I think he can be just as good on the inside.

I love the guy, I've been talking about him for the past 5 months. He's a try hard guy, he'll play his ass off wherever you put him. He played DE at USC just to get on the field because of the logjam at LB.

If there is one team that will figure out the perfect way to use him, it's the Pats.

Babylon
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
The patsies supposedly like this guy and want to take in the 1st? I know he's risen but 1st round?

Anway, he looks a little small framed to play ILB, but maybe I"m wrong.

He weighed 243 at the Senior Bowl so i dont think getting up to 250 or so is going to be an issue. Personally like him better on the outside where he can rush off the end but sure he can play inside. Ideally you take him at 34 and address other areas in round 1.

ElectricEye
03-12-2009, 09:14 PM
He can do either, but I prefer him as a rusher. Love this kid and I'm kinda pulling for the Patriots to take him in the first at this point.

nepg
03-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Matthews is a fun project that can play either spot in a 3-4, but will take awhile to learn the inside role. He doesn't have much experience in coverage, but he's such a hard worker... The Pats probably love him and see him as a rich man's Dan Klecko...

That said, the Pats really don't need an ILB... Adalius Thomas is a better fit in their system at ILB than OLB and can still play there for awhile yet, so they're more likely looking at OLB prospects. Obviously, Matthews still fits here.

I'd be really happy if he was their pick in the first.
________
Live Sex (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

TNPatsFan
03-13-2009, 12:03 PM
The patsies supposedly like this guy and want to take in the 1st?

Where did you hear that?