PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Ravens Offseason Update

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Nick Griesen has been Released (http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-ravens0312,0,5069311.story)

and Willis McGahee has changed his number from 23, to 21.

I wonder why we cut him before Rolle. I thought with the departure of Scott, Greisen would get alot of playing time, but maybe the coaching staff has got alot of trust and confidence in Gooden, Prescott, and McClain. And lets all not forget about Brendon Ayanbadejo. He played ALOT of MLB in the pro bowl and he might be the darkhorse candidate from the job opposite of Ray. He plays with alot of energy and is a good overall LB. Plus our coaching staff really likes him. As for McGahee changing his number, I personally like it, I think he'll look better in it and he'll be alot happier :D Also, anyone know why Samari Rolle hasn't been cut yet?

What do you grade our offseason thus far?

dcarey20
03-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Well my McGahee jersey will look alot dumber now...releasing Greisen is a bit curious, not sure if I agree with that.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Do we even have burgess still?

Ravens1991
03-12-2009, 09:05 PM
yes we do.

America
03-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I don't get the release of Griesen. Whatever, I guess they want those younger guys to get thrown into the fire.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-13-2009, 12:02 AM
DAMMIT WILLIS!!!!! Guess I'll have to get a new jersey for next season, hopefully it'll say "Heyward-Bey" on it.

drowe
03-13-2009, 08:55 AM
i graduated high school with nick griesen. knew him for about 6 years. that is all.

princefielder28
03-13-2009, 09:08 AM
i graduated high school with nick griesen. knew him for about 6 years. that is all.

You went to Sturgeon Bay High? Did you ever know Chris?

drowe
03-13-2009, 09:26 AM
You went to Sturgeon Bay High? Did you ever know Chris?

definitely know of him. i've seen him a lot, but beyond just saying 'hi' i've never formally met him.

he was a few years older than me, but he was dating my trig teacher's daughter, so he always came back to the high school and hung out. i think he ran a football camp in town too. good guy. local hero kinda. after he got cut by the cardinals he came back to the area to play for the Blizzard.
how do you know him?

coordinator0
03-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't mind the release of Greisen since we do have Brenden A. still here. We are probabl still trying to look for a trade involving Rolle, but I doubt that we get much if anything for him.

lordquas
03-13-2009, 11:22 AM
releasing Greisen means the coaching staff must love Gooden. Or their just trying to free up cap room for our draft picks. Maybe guys like
-Rey Maualuga or James Laurinaitis if we feel ILB is a major need and go for it in the 1st. But I wouldn't
- Jasper Brinkley would be a great pickup in rounds 2 or 3. IF coaching staff still isn't sure about Tavares Gooden..
- But I say, we feel we can wait till the later rounds for an inside guy, Frantz Joseph or Antonio Appleby would be good pickups.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I think Laurinaitis could be the pick at 26 if DHB, Nicks, Britt, and Vonta are all gone. To me though that 26th pick has to be DHB, Nicks, or Britt. Not a huge Kenny Britt fan but I do think he has the attributes to be special if he keeps his head under control.

coordinator0
03-13-2009, 01:18 PM
I think Laurinaitis could be the pick at 26 if DHB, Nicks, Britt, and Vonta are all gone. To me though that 26th pick has to be DHB, Nicks, or Britt. Not a huge Kenny Britt fan but I do think he has the attributes to be special if he keeps his head under control.

I agree with you there. I hope James L. isn't the pick though. He doesn't seem to be able to do a good job of shedding blockers, and in our 3-4 the ILB's need to do that. I wouldn't be totally opposed to it, but I feel we don't need any help at any of the LB positions. But if get get our other needs filled BPA is always the way to go...

America
03-13-2009, 02:46 PM

I think Pat Kirwan's latest mock had us taking him. He thinks he'd be a good fit next to Ray. I think if those guys are gone we should trade down. With Samari getting cut, we need to address the cornerback position.

ChefMike
03-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Not sure about Brinkley he has a low floor and a high ceiling he seems a lot like Michael Johnson from the standpoint of his size and mobility for a LB. But he has not put up GREAT numbers in college so he would be a project a little bit.. though he could be the type of player that thrives in the NFL and was mediocre in college..

princefielder28
03-13-2009, 10:49 PM
definitely know of him. i've seen him a lot, but beyond just saying 'hi' i've never formally met him.

he was a few years older than me, but he was dating my trig teacher's daughter, so he always came back to the high school and hung out. i think he ran a football camp in town too. good guy. local hero kinda. after he got cut by the cardinals he came back to the area to play for the Blizzard.
how do you know him?

My brother went through his QB academy for three years, and my dad, brother and I visited him down in Dallas about three years ago when he was still with the Desparados. We played three rounds of golf through the week, had a few meals together, and he showed us some stuff to do in Dallas. He's a quality individual and he coaches half a mile down from where I work in the summer now.