PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather

foozball
03-13-2009, 01:45 AM
Take a prospect who was a 1st round lock at the beginning of the season who's stock has fallen because of a poor season in the middle of the 2nd round

or

A rising prospect who was considered a 3rd/4th rounder in the middle of the 2nd round?

Considering they play the same position and had similar workout results. Just a hypothetical situation with no real players being secretly considered

Crickett
03-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Take a prospect who was a 1st round lock at the beginning of the season who's stock has fallen because of a poor season in the middle of the 2nd round

or

A rising prospect who was considered a 3rd/4th rounder in the middle of the 2nd round?

Considering they play the same position and had similar workout results. Just a hypothetical situation with no real players being secretly considered

Depends on the circumstances as always.

Why is the 1st round lock falling?
Why is the 3rd/4th rounder rising?

Are there personal issues at work behind the fall?

If they had similar workouts, are those workouts, maybe those workouts are pushing the two prospects closer together stock wise.

Example: Two prospects, once expected to run 4.3 and the other expected to run 4.6. They both run 4.45. Similar workouts, but that's going to push the stock of the first one down and the second one up.

diabsoule
03-13-2009, 12:50 PM

or

Too much to consider to just say I'd want one over the other.

eaglesalltheway
03-13-2009, 01:00 PM
This is really tough to consider, because you would need more specifics than just given. As always, it would have to come back to the tape. If A had 3 years of great tape and one year of bad tape, you must check into it. If B had 3 years of average to good tape, and one year of great tape, you would have to check into that as well.

The only thing I can say, is momentum sometimes plays a big role in a prospect turning into an NFL player, so if there were two guys in a situation like that, with the same measurables, mentality, tape, etc (never going to happen in one draft class) I guess I'd take the one with the momentum, so Player B. Going by the hypothetical, though this is kind of convoluted a bit...

foozball
03-14-2009, 03:20 AM
Same everything, but the former 1st rounder had a poor year and the riser had a great senior year. However, the former 1st rounder had a really good track record in the past and the riser had 3 mediocre seasons. Same abilities, same upside, just different careers.