PDA

View Full Version : William Moore

foozball
03-14-2009, 03:34 AM
So...thoughts on him now? Had an average combine/proday and his stock really didn't do much. Poor senior year. What is his NFL position (FS or SS) and how good will he really be in the NFL? Thoughts/opinions?

Race for the Heisman
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
He'll be fine in something primarily Cover 2 that doesn't ask too much of him in terms of man-to-man responsibilities. Probably moreso at free safety.

Texas Homer
03-14-2009, 01:43 PM
I think that he will be a pretty good 2nd round pick.

I think he is a FS.

He had a disappointing Sr. year. He supposedly lost some weight...so I guess that is good news.

I think he could get picked in the 1st round, but I think his value should be 2nd round.

Like I said, I thought he was more impressive as a Jr. than a Sr.That being said, I don't think it is a Safety deep draft this year.

foozball
03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
if he were taken by the texans in the 2nd, how would he fit in?

Texas Homer
03-14-2009, 02:11 PM
if he were taken by the texans in the 2nd, how would he fit in?

Starting FS from day 1 in my opinion.

Staubach12
03-14-2009, 02:23 PM
He's was a top-10 pick at one point, but the tape of his Senior year really hurt him, but I think the fact that he was hurt has to be taken into account. He's fallen into the second, but I would take him at the end of the first. I don't really think classification as a FS or SS is necessary until he's on a team, because he can do either.

As far as his style of play, I think other than his injury issues, the fact that Mizzou chose to play him as a rover this year was what hurt him the most. Can he play as a rover in the NFL? Absolutely. Is that where he would fit best? Not at all. He has great range and versatility and I think too many people get caught up in specializing players like him. Safeties are designed for the kind of versatility, and I think he's perfect playing according to his recognition.

roscoesdad27
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM
So...thoughts on him now? Had an average combine/proday and his stock really didn't do much. Poor senior year. What is his NFL position (FS or SS) and how good will he really be in the NFL? Thoughts/opinions?

how do you figure he had an "average" combine/proday?

Breaker
03-14-2009, 02:26 PM

Starting SS, only if he can beat out Barber in TC. Coaches are high on Marion little brother.

Eugene Wilson secured the FS spot for a little while longer, due to his solid play last year. If we draft Moore, or any other safety, it would be for SS due to the question marks we have there.

foozball
03-14-2009, 03:18 PM
how do you figure he had an "average" combine/proday?

because it was average...duh

didnt do anything to help or hurt his stock. people arent saying he's rising or falling. he's pretty much still where he was at the end of the season.

why...did you think he blew up the combine or something?

holt_bruce81
03-14-2009, 03:58 PM
He's a better fit at Strong Safety. Probably won't slip past the 2nd round. Great athlete who has had a nice Combine and Pro Day and has shown everyone that he is fully healthy now.

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 04:03 PM
He's a better fit at Strong Safety. Probably won't slip past the 2nd round. Great athlete who has had a nice Combine and Pro Day and has shown everyone that he is fully healthy now.

Agreed, all counts. Best fit as a Strong safety, but can play either, it just depends on the situation he goes into and the scheme he plays in.

I'd say Moore had at least a good combine. He ran at or faster than expected, showed he could lose that weight, and did realy well in the position drills, which are the most important on field factor. And if he spoke with teams like his interview with Scott, he really impressed there as well. He had at least a good combine. I don't know about his pro-day numbers, so I can't comment there, but I do know he had a good combine, not great, but good.

holt_bruce81
03-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Agreed, all counts. Best fit as a Strong safety, but can play either, it just depends on the situation he goes into and the scheme he plays in.

I'd say Moore had at least a good combine. He ran at or faster than expected, showed he could lose that weight, and did realy well in the position drills, which are the most important on field factor. And if he spoke with teams like his interview with Scott, he really impressed there as well. He had at least a good combine. I don't know about his pro-day numbers, so I can't comment there, but I do know he had a good combine, not great, but good.

He ran a 4.39 (I believe) at his Pro Day. I thought he would be a nice replacement for Brian Dawkins. But now I'm not so sure the Eagles see Safety as a major need.

Texas Homer
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, thats good to know that he might be better suited for SS.

I've seen him play, but I haven't seen extensive footage of him.

Either way, I think he would be an excellent 2nd round pick for the Texans.

no love
03-14-2009, 04:18 PM
because it was average...duh

didnt do anything to help or hurt his stock. people arent saying he's rising or falling. he's pretty much still where he was at the end of the season.

why...did you think he blew up the combine or something?

As far as his pro day goes... a 4.5 forty time for a 221 lb man is a very good time. I think he helped his with his pro day. So does Gil Brandt...

"One player who performed really well was S William Moore. He looked good in his positional drills and was impressive overall. He measured in at 6-foot and a 1/2-inch, 221 pounds. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 and 4.49 seconds and the three-cone drill in 6.94 seconds. He also posted a 10-foot, 6-inch broad jump." - Gil Brandt

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/page/2/

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 04:25 PM
He ran a 4.39 (I believe) at his Pro Day. I thought he would be a nice replacement for Brian Dawkins. But now I'm not so sure the Eagles see Safety as a major need.

I doubt they see it as a first or second round need now as well. Its a shame, I really like him. We have two guys on our roster who can play SS in Mikell and Jones now, and even though I think Moore could play FS for us, as the two safety spots are very similar in our system, his best position is still SS. It would be a bit of a log jam. Jones is only signed for a year though, so there is a possibility there, though I say it is severley diminished now...

Mr. Hero
03-14-2009, 05:31 PM
I think he's going to be a steal, he's been dropping weight and getting healthier and will keep doing so, once he's back closer to his junior weight and is fully healthy he can be a real impact safety. Despite his under-developed man cover skills I'd love for him to come to NY to battle with CC Brown and Michael Johnson for the second safety spot.

thenewfeature06
03-14-2009, 05:34 PM

Would fit in day 1 as well in Oakland, not a big need but Gibril Wilson is now a FA and Huff is already looking to be a bust but he still has awile to excel

keylime_5
03-14-2009, 05:38 PM
he's being pigeon-holed as a strong safety in the NFL. His 8 interception junior year was a fluke in terms of his coverage ability. He's got some good potential as an in the box thumper and he has size and speed, but he had an inconsistent senior year to say the least. After his good workouts he should be a late 2nd rounder best case scenario, but he's being looked at as a strong not a free at this point. He's worth taking a flier on with that talent, but I wouldn't take him before Delmas, Sean Smith, or Chung.

Mr. Hero
03-14-2009, 05:42 PM
he's being pigeon-holed as a strong safety in the NFL. His 8 interception junior year was a fluke in terms of his coverage ability. He's got some good potential as an in the box thumper and he has size and speed, but he had an inconsistent senior year to say the least. After his good workouts he should be a late 2nd rounder best case scenario, but he's being looked at as a strong not a free at this point. He's worth taking a flier on with that talent, but I wouldn't take him before Delmas, Sean Smith, or Chung.

Being a little harsh, no? His junior most certainly wasn't a fluke, and the reason for his inconsistent play was the combination of injury, too much added weight and a position change, I completely understand caution with him, which is why I think he's an early to mid second rounder, but saying his best case scenario is late 2nd round is excessive. I mean he's bigger, better in the box and better dropping into zones than chung is right now, and his upside's higher due to superior physical tools.

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Would fit in day 1 as well in Oakland, not a big need but Gibril Wilson is now a FA and Huff is already looking to be a bust but he still has awile to excel

Wilson is now a Dolphin

holt_bruce81
03-14-2009, 06:06 PM
It's not like he's horrible in coverage. Did you guys see the Missouri secondary this past season? It was William Moore and no one else.

keylime_5
03-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Being a little harsh, no? His junior most certainly wasn't a fluke, and the reason for his inconsistent play was the combination of injury, too much added weight and a position change, I completely understand caution with him, which is why I think he's an early to mid second rounder, but saying his best case scenario is late 2nd round is excessive. I mean he's bigger, better in the box and better dropping into zones than chung is right now, and his upside's higher due to superior physical tools.

I didn't say his junior year was a fluke, I said the 8 interceptions were. I like him in the 2nd half of the 2nd round, but he's likely the 4th safety behind Delmas, Smith, and Chung (and maybe R.Johnson but I don't think so). That's a lot worse than the top 15 pick he could've been if he didnt' disappoint last season. As far as chung goes he's more fluid as a ballhawk and was a lot more consistent this year, and he offers special teams versatility, big reason why his stock is really high right now. Chung is a top 50 pick, Moore probably a top 70 pick.

PACKmanN
03-14-2009, 06:12 PM
He isn't a FS, and if he is placed there will be abused from day one.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-14-2009, 06:15 PM
It's not like he's horrible in coverage. Did you guys see the Missouri secondary this past season? It was William Moore and no one else.

Do you remember what Mendenhall did to Moore 2 seasons ago? The play where Mendenhall threw him on his back with one arm.

Moore's teammates weren't the reason he was not making tackles and having balls go through his hands.

Moore will be LUCKY to get drafted in the late 2nd round. He cannot play FS on any NFL team that wants a respectable defense. Moore looked stiff at the combine & all year.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I didn't say his junior year was a fluke, I said the 8 interceptions were. I like him in the 2nd half of the 2nd round, but he's likely the 4th safety behind Delmas, Smith, and Chung (and maybe R.Johnson but I don't think so). That's a lot worse than the top 15 pick he could've been if he didnt' disappoint last season. As far as chung goes he's more fluid as a ballhawk and was a lot more consistent this year, and he offers special teams versatility, big reason why his stock is really high right now. Chung is a top 50 pick, Moore probably a top 70 pick.

I'll believe this when I see it. I don't see Chung getting picked in the first 3 rounds.

holt_bruce81
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Moore's teammates weren't the reason he was not making tackles and having balls go through his hands.

Moore will be LUCKY to get drafted in the late 2nd round. He cannot play FS on any NFL team that wants a respectable defense. Moore looked stiff at the combine & all year.

Did you watch the Combine? I don't really put much into what you say considering earlier you said Moore will be a 4th round pick. Injuries are no excuse but he did have a nagging Ankle and hip injury all season.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Did you watch the Combine? I don't really put much into what you say considering earlier you said Moore will be a 4th round pick. Injuries are no excuse but he did have a nagging Ankle and hip injury all season.

Yes, I watched the combine and there was mixed reviews on Moore. I thought he looked stiff. Mayock said the same thing. I'm sure other people liked what they saw. It depends who you ask. But, please do not tell me you are not looking at things objectively when talking about a Mizzou player.

I still say Moore will be a 4th rounder.

He can't play FS & isn't reliable enough in the box to play SS.

Lets not forget when people were claiming Moore a top 15 ish pick I was saying he was a 4th rounder. It took a long time for people to come around to this realization.

jnew76
03-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, I watched the combine and there was mixed reviews on Moore. I thought he looked stiff. Mayock said the same thing. I'm sure other people liked what they saw. It depends who you ask. But, please do not tell me you are not looking at things objectively when talking about a Mizzou player.

I still say Moore will be a 4th rounder.

He can't play FS & isn't reliable enough in the box to play SS.

Lets not forget when people were claiming Moore a top 15 ish pick I was saying he was a 4th rounder. It took a long time for people to come around to this realization.

While I respect your Illinois homerism, and your Missouri hatred, it clearly clouds your evaluation of prospects from both schools. I always said Moore was overrated coming into the season, and that Weatherspoon was our best defender, but to say that Moore is a 4th rounder is absurd.

I will happily make a signature bet with you that William Moore is a first day (top 2 rounds) selection. I win, you pimp a Mizzou sig that I choose for a month. You win, I pimp an Illinois sig that you choose for a month.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
While I respect your Illinois homerism, and your Missouri hatred, it clearly clouds your evaluation of prospects from both schools. I always said Moore was overrated coming into the season, and that Weatherspoon was our best defender, but to say that Moore is a 4th rounder is absurd.

I will happily make a signature bet with you that William Moore is a first day (top 2 rounds) selection. I win, you pimp a Mizzou sig that I choose for a month. You win, I pimp an Illinois sig that you choose for a month.

Booked.

I dislike Mizzou, but do like Coffman as a middle round TE & Weatherspoon is going to be a bad as$ WLB in the NFL.

jnew76
03-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Booked.

I dislike Mizzou, but do like Coffman as a middle round TE & Weatherspoon is going to be a bad as$ WLB in the NFL.

Sounds good... Should make things very interesting come draft day.

Brent
03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Call me crazy but Moore reminds me of what people were saying about Roy Williams coming out of OU.

BPhilb
03-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Call me crazy but Moore reminds me of what people were saying about Roy Williams coming out of OU.

I may have to call you crazy. ;) The guy nearly led the nation in INT's as a junior. He played a hybrid role this year and was in the box so often that he didn't get to cover much. He is not as good in the box as Williams was/is but he is a better all around safety.