PDA

View Full Version : PACKERS interested in Bell?! (Warning: PFT.com report...)

TacticaLion
03-06-2007, 08:35 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

PACKERS CHASING BELL

As they scramble to attempt to fill the void left by the sudden departure of mainstay running back Ahman Green to the Texans, we're told that the Packers have contacted the Lions about a possible trade for running back Tatum Bell.

Bell was acquired by the Lions last week as part of the Dre' Bly deal. As we've reported, both Bell and former Broncos tackle George Foster are candidates to be traded again.

We're also told that the Packers contacted the Bears about the availability of running back Thomas Jones, but the Bears said that he is not available. It remains to be seen whether the Bears would be willing to trade him to a team other than their intra-division arch-rivals.

Detroit's willingness to shop Bell doesn't mean that the team is looking to shed tailbacks. We're told that running back T.J. Duckett currently is in the building, and that the Lions are expected to try to get him signed.

Xiomera
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
What would you guys ask for in return? I don't wanna trade Bell, but if KJ is definatly gonna be healthy enough to start the season, then maybe we consider it.

TacticaLion
03-06-2007, 02:48 PM
What would you guys ask for in return? I don't wanna trade Bell, but if KJ is definatly gonna be healthy enough to start the season, then maybe we consider it.Do you think we should accept a 3rd round pick, if offered it?

Addict
03-06-2007, 03:55 PM
Do you think we should accept a 3rd round pick, if offered it?

I think we should. There are bigger issues I'd like to see adressed in this draft than RB.

princefielder28
03-06-2007, 03:59 PM
I think we should. There are bigger issues I'd like to see adressed in this draft than RB.

Tatum isn't worth a 3rd round! Look at the deal for Dre Bly. I don't think the Lions were looking for much as in compensation but they got themselves a RB, starting RT, and 5th round pick

Pocket
03-06-2007, 04:00 PM
A third is the asking for McGahee, no way we get a third for Bell.