PDA

View Full Version : DB Chris Carr and Ravens reach deal

BigDawg819
03-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Its in principle according to the John Clayton:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3979994

TitanHope
03-14-2009, 01:32 PM
He wanted more playing time on DEF. He'll get it in Baltimore. He wasn't gonna break the Titans DB rotation unless it was due to injury.

coordinator0
03-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I think he'll be a good nickel/return man for us. I like the signing.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Love it, He can replace Leonhard in the return game and I can see him even playing a similar role that Leonhard played in our defense last year. He is a typical John Harbaugh type guy; just a "football player"

Ravens1991
03-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey titans fans can this guy be a good nickel?

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey titans fans can this guy be a good nickel?

oh god, not to say he's bad or anything, but I hope he won't have to play nickel. I really want us to add a tall physical guy to start at CB alongside Foxworth, and put Washington at nickel. That would be amazing. Maybe someone like Vontae Davis, if he fell, or even Sean Smith if Nicks, Britt, and DHB are gone. That would be a dream scenario-

CB1- Dominique Foxworth
CB2- Vontae Davis/Sean Smith
Nickelback- Fabian Washington
Dimeback- Chris Carr

I'd love that.

Ravens1991
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
You dont see to be a fan of Fabian. I think he has done very good, just look at the 2nd Steelers game and how he went out and how easily the passed the ball.

Plus I highly doubt we go after Vontae Davis, He is the exact opposite of a Harbaugh kind of player

TitanHope
03-14-2009, 05:22 PM
It's near impossible to put a value on Carr. He's a jack-of-all trades, master of none type of player. He can play outside CB, nickelback, and FS. You have one guy who can backup so many positions, and that adds to a team's flexibility. Then, you get to his KR/PR talent which is his best attribute. Carr is in no way, shape, or form a Devin Hester type returner. His longest KR for the Titans was 50-something yards, and he didn't have a TD on any of his returns. Nevertheless, he was one of the most consistent returners last season, and he does not fumble. He ranked 4th in KR average among players with double-digit return attempts, and I think 14th in PR average. So he's still a very productive return man.

The only worry I'd have if I were a Ravens fan is how his increased role on DEF will affect his returning productivity. Carr wanted to return to the Titans, and said he would give them a discount if only he was able to have an increased role on defense. He would have essentially been the 3rd CB for the Titans, but that doesn't mean he'd play NB. Vincent Fuller, who was recently re-signed, plays that position, and very well I may add, but Fuller is a FS. He can't play outside, so if say Finnegan or Harper were ever injured and couldn't play, he'd be the first option to take their place.

This was apparently not enough of a role, so he rightfully pursued other options. He decided on Baltimore, so I'm assuming he thinks he'll be competing for a starting CB spot or at least NB. If he's gonna be the Dimeback/utility player like he was in Tennessee, he would have re-signed with the Titans. So will him playing NB diminish his return ability?

By the way, I do think that he'd be a good NB. He's just a little inexperienced.

But yeah, I think this is an excellent signing for the Ravens, and it'll be tough for the Titans to replace a player who contributed in so many ways. Looks like we'll have to go after Justin Miller or draft a returner.

WMD
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
He was supposed to sign with the Lions, that bastard.

Brent
03-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Carr as a returner is ridiculous. I am shocked anyone lets this guy leave.

PACKmanN
03-14-2009, 08:58 PM
oh god, not to say he's bad or anything, but I hope he won't have to play nickel. I really want us to add a tall physical guy to start at CB alongside Foxworth, and put Washington at nickel. That would be amazing. Maybe someone like Vontae Davis, if he fell, or even Sean Smith if Nicks, Britt, and DHB are gone. That would be a dream scenario-

CB1- Dominique Foxworth
CB2- Vontae Davis/Sean Smith
Nickelback- Fabian Washington
Dimeback- Chris Carr

I'd love that.

lol Foxworth the number 1.

RaiderNation
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
He will look pretty good with all the talent around him. He was a decent CB with Tennessee and Oakland. Good KR too

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-14-2009, 10:37 PM

not necessarily the #1 starter, but at the time being, he is our best corner. But I meant, if we were to end up with Smith or Davis, we'd lineup Foxworth with a smaller speedy type WR and Sean Smith or Vontae Davis lines up opposite of the bigger more physical WR.

NIN1984
03-14-2009, 11:09 PM
I really liked Carr when he was in Oakland. Carr has a lot of heart and made some pretty big plays at CB for the Raiders a few years ago.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-15-2009, 09:42 AM

Foxworth is going to be our number 1 because he is better than anyone we have.

A Perfect Score
03-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Foxworth is going to be our number 1 because he is better than anyone we have.

based on what I saw from last year, Fabian Washington is perfectly capable of being a #1 CB in our system. I am confident that he will be our #1, with Foxworth being our #2.

And Im intrigued by the signing of Carr. What about Yamon Figurs? He isnt a bad return man himself, does he get replaced by Carr?

Ravens1991
03-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Figurs looked like trash this year but had a good rookie year. Also I agree Fabian will be our #1