PDA

View Full Version : Most disliked football analyst

Bucimal Island
03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
what football analyst do dislike the most?

for me its Mark Schlereth. The guy does not know half the stuff he is talking about and you can barely hear him. Its like, Speak up you freaking Moron

I also dislike Cris Carter because that guy always pics on the Bucs.

Scientist McKnowitall
03-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Matt Millen.

themaninblack
03-14-2009, 02:14 PM
Probably Chris Berman. I just cannot stand the guy for whatever reason.

03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Mark Mays and Joe Theismann

phlysac
03-14-2009, 02:20 PM
Bill Maas. No question.

TACKLE
03-14-2009, 02:24 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/NFL/SNF/Collinsworth2.widec.jpg

Its Collinsworthless and its not even close. I loathe him. I have to turn of the commentators every time I play Madden. I hate his voice, I hate what he has to say, and most of all, I hate him.

MetSox17
03-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Sean Salisbury got fired, so my previous most disliked guy is out. Now, i hate Schlereth, Chris Collinsworth, Joe Theismann

Staubach12
03-14-2009, 02:39 PM
You guys are forgetting the worst one of all:

http://www.sportable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/jamieduke.jpg

Jamie Dukes.

Not only is he obnoxious, but he has no knowledge of football, which is surprising because he played. He's just horrible. I hate him with the fiber of my being.

yodabear
03-14-2009, 02:48 PM
http://nbcsportsmedia4.msnbc.com/j/NBCSports/Sections/NFL/SNF/Collinsworth2.widec.jpg

Its Collinsworthless and its not even close. I loathe him. I have to turn of the commentators every time I play Madden. I hate his voice, I hate what he has to say, and most of all, I hate him.

Quoted for truth.....is Arizona still the worst team to ever make the playoffs there Cris?

El Peefs?????
03-14-2009, 03:13 PM
I also hate Collinsworth. And its an utter joke Matt Millen is allowed to analyze football.

Sometimes Steven A Smith talks football, though its mostly on the morning shows. Smith is my least favorite analyst of any sport, ever.

Hollywood
03-14-2009, 03:44 PM
When I want to watch a noon NCAA football game on ESPN2 and the play by play announcer is that female. Ruins the game for me having a female broadcaster.

Philliez01
03-14-2009, 03:52 PM
Anyone on ESPN minus Michael Smith and John Clayton just because he reminds me of well, me. Nerdy white guy who knew something about football but didn't have the build to play. Granted I'm just a lanky distance runner, and not a Chicken Little stunt-double.

Shahin
03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
It'd have to be Collinsworth....and Ron ******* Jaworski comes in a close second.

Brent
03-14-2009, 04:38 PM
I am glad we dont have a TV anymore because all my roommate watched was ESPN. As a result of that, I despise Ron Jaworski.

Staubach12
03-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Well, obviously none of you guys watch NFLN because Jamie Dukes destroys all that I love about the game.

CashmoneyDrew
03-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Not enough Tony Kornheiser hate in this thread. He's excellent on PTI but he brings literally nothing to the table on MNF.

Strongside
03-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I like Matt Millen as a football analyst. Horrible GM, but he seems to know his stuff and seems to have good football knowledge.

I dislike Jamie Dukes.

Brent
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Not enough Tony Kornheiser hate in this thread. He's excellent on PTI but he brings literally nothing to the table on MNF.
They want him to be funny and have cute dialogue with Jaworski but it ends up just being an abortion of commentary.

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Collinsworth, Kornheiser, and Dukes are my top three probably. Or bottom three, however you want to put it. Collinsworth just pisses me off, as does Kornheiser and Dukes, but Collins-worthless is my least favorite and its not even close.

I dislocated my left ring finger and typing really sucks, haha. I had to go back and fix Collinsworth's name every time, haha.

TACKLE
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, obviously none of you guys watch NFLN because Jamie Dukes destroys all that I love about the game.

Jamie Dukes is annoying but you have to take him for what he is. If you view him as a legitimate football analyst, I can see the hate. You can't take him or what he has to say seriously. He is just the comic relief of the network (though I find Rich Eisen's cheekiness funny). Although he is taking himself more seriously lately, he's there for the entertainment of the common fan. If you look at him like that he won't bother you as much. Though I do hate how when he does interviews, he talks about the people like they're not even there.

Staubach12
03-14-2009, 04:53 PM

I concur. He'll say things that make me think, "That might be slightly funny if it were at all valid."

Hollywood
03-14-2009, 05:31 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/558/000025483/emmitt-smith-1-sized.jpg

thetedginnshow
03-14-2009, 05:45 PM
The whole NBC crew.

eaglesalltheway
03-14-2009, 05:58 PM
http://www.nndb.com/people/558/000025483/emmitt-smith-1-sized.jpg

I think I heard ESPN got rid of him... Don't have to worry about him anymore.

Loggerhead
03-14-2009, 06:13 PM
All the hacks at ESPN except Mortenson, Clayton, Smith, and Kiper. As previously stated Dukes is horrible too. But the worst has to be Joe "*******" Buck, that douche ruins the broadcast with his PC ******** that adds nothing to the broadcast. He has side conversations during the game and quotes meaningless statistics that has no relevance to the game whatsoever.

El Peefs?????
03-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Anyone on ESPN minus Michael Smith and John Clayton just because he reminds me of well, me. Nerdy white guy who knew something about football but didn't have the build to play. Granted I'm just a lanky distance runner, and not a Chicken Little stunt-double.

Are you also a pedofile!?

I honestly dislike the majority of former players turned analysts. I know its always been like this, but the last 5-10 years if you arent a former player you can't get a job as an analyst. Before that it seemed when they took former players they picked ones that could articulate thought into speech. Now, if you were an all star/pro bowler then youre basically guaranteed an opportunity to analyze for someone somewhere.

I prefer actual journalists who, you know, have a grasp of the English language. Who could actually graduate from college on their own. Former coaches are also much better than former players.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-14-2009, 06:41 PM

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/john_clayton.jpg

El Peefs?????
03-14-2009, 06:42 PM

HIDE THE CHILDREN QUICK!!!!!

Michigan
03-14-2009, 06:56 PM
I can't stand any of ESPN's college football guys. Brent Musberger, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Mark May, Ivan Maisel, Tony Kornheiser, Mike Patrick, Pat Forde, pretty much everyone.

Philliez01
03-14-2009, 08:55 PM

In a few months, I'll be a legal one with the ph.

For some reason, not that I find him funny, but I feel for Kornheiser on MNF. I agree with what was said earlier about him being there for "humor". He's a football fan, but broadcasting isn't him as much as reporting. Though I find him nauseating, he would be better away from the booth.

I only like Tirico on MNF but Jaws is a SLIGHT improvement of Joe Theismann.

CashmoneyDrew
03-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I can't stand any of ESPN's college football guys. Brent Musberger, Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Mark May, Ivan Maisel, Tony Kornheiser, Mike Patrick, Pat Forde, pretty much everyone.

I'm not gonna lie. I kind of like the College Gameday Crew. Lee Corso is my hero.

vidae
03-15-2009, 12:17 AM
I can't stand Jaime Dukes or Marshall Faulk for the most part. For some reason I don't like Rod Woodson as an analyst but I thought he rocked as a player and he seems cool as hell. No idea why, just can't stand him on NFLN.

awfullyquiet
03-15-2009, 07:39 AM
here's the thing. as far as analysis goes...

i'd take jaws and kornheiser over a bunch of so called 'analysts'. take them out of the booth and they make compelling thoughts onto contemporary football wisdom. give them a half a second to put together something, and sometimes it comes off... well. as tony kornheiser...

that being said. i dislike anyone who's a complete reporting and football moron draped into one package... like joe buck.

when i have to listen to buck and aikmen. i'd like to stab myself in the gullet.

chris collinsworth, in moderation isn't as bad as joe buck making stabs at calling games... i think you all hate him because you're stupid and still playing madden 09... i on the other hand am still playing madden 97, and am dominating in my 19th season after a rough six and oh start...

anyway. more importantly is is that i'm here defending kornheiser. lets just say at least it's not woody paige in the booth.

Sniper
03-15-2009, 08:46 AM
1. Joe Buck
2. Emmitt Smith
3. Chris Berman

Bucimal Island
03-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Sean Salisbury got fired, so my previous most disliked guy is out. Now, i hate Schlereth, Chris Collinsworth, Joe Theismann

that was funny when salisbury called clayton "crypt keeper". that was funny.

PackerLegend
03-15-2009, 01:32 PM
Whoever that dude was that did NFLN games with Collinsworth like a year or 2 ago. He quit or was fired but he ****ing sucked along with Collinsworth. Just awful, anyone have a name?

CashmoneyDrew
03-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Whoever that dude was that did NFLN games with Collinsworth like a year or 2 ago. He quit or was fired but he ****ing sucked along with Collinsworth. Just awful, anyone have a name?

Bryant Gumbel I believe. Wayne Brady makes him look like Malcolm X though. ;)

Hines
03-15-2009, 02:39 PM
1. Chris Collingsworth
2. Jamie Dukes
3. Joe Theisman
4. Todd McShay
5. Emmitt Smith

themaninblack
03-15-2009, 02:52 PM

Eight year olds, Dude.

Whistler6
03-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Kornheiser comes across as cheesy, but he really has a lot of knowledge. The guy is smarter than he appears. Because I'm a fan of PTI, I actually like him on Monday Night Football. It'll take a while for him to get better.

Collinsworth (mainly because of Madden) makes me want to slam my head into a wall.

Brent
03-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Dan Dierdorf annoys the **** out of me.

Burger
03-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Emmit Smith is great comic relief. John Buck makes me want to cut my ears off, he is the most annoying little white dude ever. I miss Madden and Summeral so much. Chris Berman is the most annoying and repetitive guy at ESPN.