PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Sign Chris Carr

ravensfan3jt
03-14-2009, 03:59 PM
I think this is a great pickup. He replaces Corey Ivey as the nickel corner/thirdcorner and also is a very good kick and punt returner the deal was 2 years/ 5 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3979994

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-14-2009, 04:16 PM
YAY! I'm glad we stole him from the Steelers. He will be twice as good as Ivy and like you said, I remember him being a very good return man. I think its a fantastic signing, cheap, affordable, and he will contribute every game. Love it.

ChewyRaven318
03-14-2009, 04:26 PM
So we've obviously given up on Yamon Figurs? I don't think he offers much in the receiving game...

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, I still think Yamon will compete for the PR/KR job, most likely PR but I have no clue on how he will pan out. He was great his rookie season, and then next year, he just stopped. It was wierd.

Ravens1991
03-14-2009, 05:18 PM
I agree the fall of Figures was disturbing. He looked like he could develop into a top 5 returner now he looks like he has never seen a football game in his life and he doesnt have a clue what to do after he catches the ball

EdReedUnstoppable
03-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't like the money at all, we overpaid big time IMO. Not excited about this at all.

ChefMike
03-15-2009, 12:37 AM
YAY! I'm glad we stole him from the Steelers. He will be twice as good as Ivy and like you said, I remember him being a very good return man. I think its a fantastic signing, cheap, affordable, and he will contribute every game. Love it.

I 2nd this notion ! Anything taken from the Steelers is a good move!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I don't like the money at all, we overpaid big time IMO. Not excited about this at all.

2.5 million each year is too much for one of the leagues top return men? Not to mention he is very versatlie and can play both S and CB. He's your typical Raven, plays with alot of heart and give it his all. Not to mention, we stole him for the Steelers, so we won't have to play him twice a year. I can't see why you're not excited about him being a Raven. He's gonna be huge for us next year.

dcarey20
03-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Great pickup.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-16-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't like it because we vastly overpaid. He is a decent return man but he's no Devin Hester and isn't worth 2.5 mil a year. And he is a terrible CB, I'd rather have Frank Walker or Ivy out there then Carr on defense. I think he is overrated and now is overpaid and I don't like that we overpaid him. The Steelers beat us again by not having this guy on their roster.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-16-2009, 04:39 PM
wow dude...

lordquas
03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
hes way better than corey ivy are you nuts.
hes also an upgrade for a return man. which hes nasty at.

younutz

good pickup, nothin flashy. but nice

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
hes way better than corey ivy are you nuts.
hes also an upgrade for a return man. which hes nasty at.

younutz

good pickup, nothin flashy. but nice

yeah, I can't see how we overpaid. If anything, it was Foxworth getting overpaid but he was fine with that, however Carr gets a 2 million deal and he's upset. I'll never understand him or Bigdawg.

Ravens1991
03-17-2009, 02:13 PM
I'll never understand him or Bigdawg.

I see what you mean. but thats what makes a message board great.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
$2 million, I was told it was $5 million, if its 2 years $2 million then Im fine with it.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-17-2009, 03:00 PM
$2 million, I was told it was $5 million, if its 2 years $2 million then Im fine with it.

You were right it is 2yrs 5mill he was saying that 2mill a year is not over paying

EdReedUnstoppable
03-17-2009, 05:12 PM
You were right it is 2yrs 5mill he was saying that 2mill a year is not over paying

Oh well it is. He provides barely any depth to defense, he is basically a return man and not worth 2 mil/year as a return man.

lordquas
03-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh well it is. He provides barely any depth to defense, he is basically a return man and not worth 2 mil/year as a return man.

the guys first touchdown was a 100yard pick from Big Ben which is huge.
consider the playing time this guy actually got at CB....
Not a whole lot.. But when he did play he played well.
I guess he'll get a shot on the Ravens with our depleted secondary but I doubt he starts over any of our CBs unless theres an injury..
Special teams are a huge part of football and Figurs isn't the player we thought he would be. We needed an upgrade at return man and we got it. A consistent player whose a better return man than anyone we had in the first place.

Good pickup for us. I should've expected people to hate on a undersized CB from Boise..psssshhhhh

ChefMike
03-18-2009, 05:44 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again... Jim Leonhard had the same knocks against him last year... he turned out pretty well!?

Rayray52
03-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Great pickup, ERU you couldent be more wrong, frank walker and corey ivy were terrible last year in nickel situations and would be an absolute disaster in a top 2 situation, this is a great pickup seeing how our corner situation is still very shakey.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-24-2009, 06:58 AM
I hope you guys are all right, but my opinion is that you're not........time will tell.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Great pickup, ERU you couldent be more wrong, frank walker and corey ivy were terrible last year in nickel situations and would be an absolute disaster in a top 2 situation, this is a great pickup seeing how our corner situation is still very shakey.

Never said I wanted Ivy or Walker as our nickel or #2, just said they have proven more on defense then Carr has. If it was up to me Ivy and Walker wouldn't be on the team, and never would have been.