PDA

View Full Version : Cornelius Ingram

Rodya's Redemption
03-15-2009, 01:28 PM
those who have seen him... thoughts? where does he slot in TE-wise?

Matthew Jones
03-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I'd fit him in around #6 or so. Ahead of him, I have Casey, Pettigrew, Beckum, Cook, and maybe Nelson. Not playing last year really hurt his stock. He's a legitimate downfield threat, though. He is very similar to Beckum in that they both have good hands, get downfield, and aren't really known much as blockers. I think Beckum is better because he was the better college player before injury and his workouts have been outstanding, leading me to believe he could be even better than before his injury. They're certainly similar, though. I see him as a 3rd-4th kind of guy.

Rodya's Redemption
03-15-2009, 01:52 PM
much appreciated!

BeerBaron
03-15-2009, 01:56 PM
His injury (and this goes for Beckum too) does hurt him because if he had gotten to play this season and played well, he could go a lot higher. Right now, I have him in the late 3rd round range and if a team takes a flier on him, he could be a steal that late.

As for where he slots in, my rankings look soething like this:

1.) Pettigrew - His well rounded-ness makes him the clear #1 to me.
2a.) Shawn Nelson
2b.) Jared Cook - these guys are too close to call and fall in about the 2nd round area in my book. Maybe one sneaks up late first like Keller did last year.
3.) Chase Coffman - A pure receiving TE like Ingram and Beckum who benefits from, yanno, actually having been able to play last year.
4.) James Casey - Versatile and has the tools to be great all around.
5.) Ingram
6.) Beckum

And then after that, I feel there is a HUGE drop off.

derza222
03-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Figured I'd post this here instead of making a thread:

Which of the TE's that have shown more receiving skills does everyone think has the most ability to develop into a good blocker, or will most likely end up being a good blocker? My guess would be that Casey, Nelson, and Ingram have the most potential there but I'm really unsure.

And given those guys will probably all go before we would take them, which mid-late round TE do you think has the best combo of blocking and hands? The ability to stretch the field really unnecessary, just a good blocker with sure hands when the ball gets thrown in his direction. Blocking is the priority here, but obviously you don't want it to be obvious you're running the ball when they come in the game. I'm thinking Anthony Hill, Richard Quinn, John Phillips, but again could be wrong here.

With Dustin Keller and basically nobody else at TE my Jets need to give the position a look, and finding a blocker at the position is something they'll need to look at in the draft if they don't find one in free agency.