PDA

View Full Version : Former Badgers RB and draft prospect P.J. Hill arrested

Geo
03-16-2009, 05:43 PM
http://www.madison.com/wsj/topstories/443206

Former UW star running back P.J. Hill was arrested on a drunken driving charge last weekend after he allegedly led police on a short chase, then crashed his car near his campus-area home.

Parrish Hill Jr., 22, who decided in January to skip his senior season and enter the National Football League draft, appeared in Dane County Circuit Court on Monday on tentative charges of drunken driving, fleeing police, second-degree reckless endangerment, driving without headlights and reckless driving.
LOL

Bama9507
03-16-2009, 05:45 PM
It tears me up inside seeing good young men being influenced by the evil of alcohol. They should ban it.

Matthew Jones
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
This is sad, I had high hopes for Hill following his decorated college career and a nice workout. Still, this guy lives in Wisconsin. What else does he have to do?

Texas Homer
03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Texans UDFA Pickup?

ChiFan24
03-16-2009, 06:21 PM
It tears me up inside seeing good young men being influenced by the evil of alcohol. They should ban it.

LOL. Good one.

gameplaya2435
03-16-2009, 06:23 PM

Cause that worked out so well last time...

Back on topic, that headlights charge is the killer.

badgerbacker
03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Probably not the best pre-draft move a guy could make. I've been down on the guy for a while, but I hope he catches on with a team and succeeds.

He obviously isn't the fastest guy in the world, but he's worked hard to lose weight and get quicker and he has always had great vision as a runner. If he can play physically and keep his weight under control, I think there will always be a roster spot for him somewhere.

etk
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Another late nite boozing turd. Exactly what the NFL needs in its 3rd string tailbacks.

Good riddance draftability.

badgerbacker
03-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I just read the article again and can't believe I missed this the first time I read it.
Hill also has charges pending against him in Scottsdale, Ariz., including drunken driving, unreasonable speed and making unsafe lane changes, Arizona court records indicate.

If it's his second offense, you can't chalk it up to a stupid, one-time mistake. This really hurts him.

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I completely agree, it is a fact that prohibition works...what alcohol prohibition didn't stop people from drinking and created vicious crime lords like Al Capone?...BAN IT HARDER!!!

Philliez01
03-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I completely agree, it is a fact that prohibition works...what alcohol prohibition didn't stop people from drinking and created vicious crime lords like Al Capone?...BAN IT HARDER!!!

That was actually the women's suffrage movement that caused the crime lords.

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 12:08 PM
That was actually the women's suffrage movement that caused the crime lords.

Good to know that women voting = more crime. :p Now I can't say that the history of prohibition is a strength of mine but wasn't the bootleg of liquor largely responsible for the rapid growth of organized crime at that time? Similar to how drug prohibition is propping up drug cartels today?

Halsey
03-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Any prospect who gets into that kind of trouble weeks before the draft would be off limits if I had a say in a 'war room'. I can't think of any prospect who got into trouble close to the draft and ended up becoming a good player. That raises both character and intelligence questions. No thanks. He'll be lucky to get picked up as an UDFA.

P-L
03-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Any prospect who gets into that kind of trouble weeks before the draft would be off limits if I had a say in a 'war room'. I can't think of any prospect who got into trouble close to the draft and ended up becoming a good player. That raises both character and intelligence questions. No thanks. He'll be lucky to get picked up as an UDFA.
He was a long-shot to get drafted even before this incident. He's too slow to play running back. Now he has almost no chance.

Young Nasty Man
03-17-2009, 02:08 PM
This requires a high pitch SORRY!

princefielder28
03-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Students drinking in Madison? No way!

stephenson86
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
why not just revoke his liscense he clearly cant drive?

wasnt he called the wisconson winnybago(sp)? which is amusingly ironic

Matthew Jones
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
He was a long-shot to get drafted even before this incident. He's too slow to play running back. Now he has almost no chance.

After dropping weight he was down a 4.61 like Moreno ran. On tape he's pretty slow but when we saw him in college, he was 235-240 and now he's 220, so he probably got faster when he dropped weight.

etk
03-17-2009, 04:58 PM
I just read the article again and can't believe I missed this the first time I read it.

If it's his second offense, you can't chalk it up to a stupid, one-time mistake. This really hurts him.

Driving drunk at 2:30 AM isn't a 1-time mistake. He just got caught this time.

BaLLiN
03-17-2009, 05:05 PM
He seemed alot like ron dayne, i know that the comparison is hard to be solid because they both from wisconsin, but they both run upright, dont continue chopping their feet at the line, are moderately obese, and are bums.

JLaw45
03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Lol, what a moron. He doesn't even deserve a chance after displaying this level of stupidity.
If there is any time for a projected late rounder/free agent to be conservative and work to stay out of trouble(don't stay out late, etc, etc) its in the eve of the draft. Why do guys like this find it so hard?