PDA

View Full Version : Why 6'1"+ is plenty tall enough for Crabtree.

Black Bolt
03-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Something I have observed, freaky arm length.

http://www.nextseasonsports.com/2009/02/seahawks-crabtrees-arm-length-freakish.html

Matthew Jones
03-16-2009, 06:12 PM
I read that too, good find.

Black Bolt
03-16-2009, 06:22 PM
I read that too, good find.

If you let certain people here tell the story, there is absolutely no explanation for his great production. It's not just the system. There have been tons of WRs in quirky systems that did not put up the surreal TD total he did, so he has to possess some incredible qualities, and arm length is one of them. His ability to read defenses, his ability to cut full speed and get to the open area, his ability to run with the ball and his heart are a few others (I know, I know, he doesn't run a fast 40 :cry: ). The record for TDs in a college career is 60- Crab would have broken that in three years.

ElectricEye
03-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Defiantly a major asset for him. He plays a lot bigger than 6'1 for sure.

keylime_5
03-16-2009, 06:42 PM
He has a pretty decent vertical jump too....not that he'll get to prove that before the draft though.

Halsey
03-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Having long arms doesn't do much when you're slow as molasses.

Just messin. That's actually pretty interesting because before reading that I never noticed anything being particularly special about Crabtree, physically speaking. His height, speed, bulk, etc are all fine, but not special. Having arms that long seems like a major advantage.

BTW, the fact that Calvin Johnson is both 6'5 AND has arms longer than everyone on that list but Crabtree is ridiculous. So not only does he tower over DB's, but he also has real long arms to increase his advantage. Lord help the NFL when he is in his prime.

Crickett
03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
If you let certain people here tell the story, there is absolutely no explanation for his great production.

http://constanttrek.typepad.com/photos/picardie/strawman.JPG

Black Bolt
03-17-2009, 08:20 AM
he was running a route and swinging his meathooks like a windmill, which formed a natural "forcefield" keeping the DB at length. He's one of those guys who when they are covered, they really aren't covered.

Having long arms doesn't do much when you're slow as molasses.

Just messin. That's actually pretty interesting because before reading that I never noticed anything being particularly special about Crabtree, physically speaking. His height, speed, bulk, etc are all fine, but not special. Having arms that long seems like a major advantage.

BTW, the fact that Calvin Johnson is both 6'5 AND has arms longer than everyone on that list but Crabtree is ridiculous. So not only does he tower over DB's, but he also has real long arms to increase his advantage. Lord help the NFL when he is in his prime.