PDA

View Full Version : Any chance Harvin goes #8?

superman
03-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Let's say Bengals take Crabtree and Raiders take Maclin. Any chance Jags reach for Harvin at #8 because they need a playmaker badly at wr? Aside from that, most of Jacksonville are UF fans (I live here, I'm not included though) and our stadium isn't exactly filling up every home game these days. Bringing in Harvin could fill a need and put butts in seats. I don't think he goes this early to any other team, but I can see it in Jacksonville.

They do dip from the UF pool (Nelson and Harvey, and I believe a couple other guys on their roster)

etk
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Before anyone says no chance....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&feature=related

Hurricanes25
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Its a possibility but he would be a big reach there.

yourfavestoner
03-16-2009, 09:53 PM
First, I'll say (and I said it another thread) that I have a feeling that Harvin is far higher on teams' draft boards than he is with draftniks and that he's not gonna last more than the top half of the first round. Jags WR coach Todd Monken and GM Gene Smith are both enamored with Harvin's talent. I'm all for drafting him with the #8 pick.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-16-2009, 09:54 PM

lmao. After watching that, I do think there is a chance.

superman
03-16-2009, 09:57 PM
i agree with him being higher on real scouts board. and i'm actually making my 1st mock ever and that is just how it is working out and it's making more and more sense the more i think about it. being in jax, it prob makes even more sense to me though.

Unbiased
03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
maybe if Shack was still making the calls.

yourfavestoner
03-16-2009, 10:10 PM
maybe if Shack was still making the calls.

Nah, Shack only likes 6'10 wide receivers that are slower than molasses running uphill in the wintertime. After the release of Matt Jones the only wideouts on the roster are Dennis Northcutt, Mike Walker, and Troy Williamson.

If the top tackles plus Crab/Maclin are gone, it's gonna come down to Raji, Harvin, or Sanchez.

Unbiased
03-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Nah, Shack only likes 6'10 wide receivers that are slower than molasses running uphill in the wintertime. After the release of Matt Jones the only wideouts on the roster are Dennis Northcutt, Mike Walker, and Troy Williamson.

If the top tackles plus Crab/Maclin are gone, it's gonna come down to Raji, Harvin, or Sanchez.

True, but I meant going the local route by grabbing gators left and right. Gene seems like more of a level-headed big picture kind of guy. I hope we get Raji if we stay at #8. If Raji, Crabtree/Maclin are off the board, I hope we trade down.

StorminNorman
03-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Not with DHB.

Flyboy
03-17-2009, 01:39 AM

Ahahahahahaha.

That's why I love the draft.

shady00
03-17-2009, 02:58 AM
The best is when the Dolphins owner or coach (I forget who) announces Ginn is the pick and justifies it with "he'll be returning punts for us!" while he's being screamed at by an angry mob.

PACKmanN
03-17-2009, 03:06 AM

How has someone not used that footage for jokes? lol, their faces were priceless.

the decider13
03-17-2009, 08:14 AM
ahaha that Ted Ginn video was awesome

That's basically the same reaction I had to Jarvis Moss on a larger scale

bitonti
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
did you guys hear the rumor Harvin is working out with the same injury that crabtree had to get surgery for?

BeerBaron
03-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I think that DHB would be more likely if Crabtree and Maclin weren't available or the Jags didn't want them.

Sure Harvin has that Florida connection but DHB wouldn't be near the reach at #8 overall...

I think the Jags would still be dumb to pass on one of the top OTs available. Tra Thomas is no reason to miss out on a potential franchise LT if available. He's clearly a 1-2 year stop gap at best.

CantStopGregJones
03-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I think that DHB would be more likely if Crabtree and Maclin weren't available or the Jags didn't want them.

Sure Harvin has that Florida connection but DHB wouldn't be near the reach at #8 overall...

I think the Jags would still be dumb to pass on one of the top OTs available. Tra Thomas is no reason to miss out on a potential franchise LT if available. He's clearly a 1-2 year stop gap at best.

Jason Williams in the 7th round would be a slap in the face to his ability. I've been high on him all year even before his athletic display. I was think he was a 5th rounder, but it doesn't even look like he'll last that long now.

Back to the thread:
shhhhhh I want Harvin in Cleveland at #36

BeerBaron
03-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Jason Williams in the 7th round would be a slap in the face to his ability. I've been high on him all year even before his athletic display. I was think he was a 5th rounder, but it doesn't even look like he'll last that long now.

Back to the thread:
shhhhhh I want Harvin in Cleveland at #36

Yeah, that was pre-pro day.......It'll get changed next time around.

CroomDawgs
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
A Raiders beat writer "wouldn't be suprised" if the raiders take Harvin...

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/raiders/archives/020171.html

Komp
03-17-2009, 01:17 PM
A Raiders beat writer "wouldn't be suprised" if the raiders take Harvin...

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/raiders/archives/020171.html

Somehow I don't see them reaching for Harvin at 7......I don't even see Harvin cracking the top15-20....and I'm a Florida fan...

superman
03-17-2009, 01:20 PM

i think harvin might be rated higher than dhb as a wr even. not including the other roles he'll have.

Babylon
03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
i think harvin might be rated higher than dhb as a wr even. not including the other roles he'll have.

I agree but he has to show he's healthy and show he can catch the deep ball.

Jacksonville is a mess right now, they are hurting at LB and WR. I saw them trading down at one point but not so sure they know what they're doing now.

ChezPower4
03-17-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think this would happen. I don't see when people are doing evaluations of WRs that they could conclude that Harvin is better than Crabtree and Maclin.

bored of education
03-17-2009, 01:54 PM
NO CHANCE IN HELL, wait its Al Davis. 10% chance.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-17-2009, 02:06 PM
NO CHANCE IN HELL, wait its Al Davis. 10% chance.

Raiders are #7, he's talking about the Jags. And you know why not. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Jags like Harvin more than Maclin. Harvin is in their backyard, although track record with first round receivers isn't good for them, although Reggie Williams was taken at 9 which at the time I felt was a huge reach.

superman
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't think this would happen. I don't see when people are doing evaluations of WRs that they could conclude that Harvin is better than Crabtree and Maclin.

this is if crabtree and maclin are gone

Iamcanadian
03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
He is definitely a top 10 talent but injuries and not playing WR in college are going to drop him quite a bit. I think he has an opportunity to be the biggest steal in the draft.
I think he'll adjust quite well to playing WR and the injuries may disappear once he gets away from having to carry the ball against DLmen and LB's. In my opinion, he is lightning in a bottle and will explode in the NFL once he learns the WR position and if he can avoid injuries. I think his upside is far greater than either Maclin or Crabtree's.

yourfavestoner
03-18-2009, 02:40 PM
He is definitely a top 10 talent but injuries and not playing WR in college are going to drop him quite a bit. I think he has an opportunity to be the biggest steal in the draft.
I think he'll adjust quite well to playing WR and the injuries may disappear once he gets away from having to carry the ball against DLmen and LB's. In my opinion, he is lightning in a bottle and will explode in the NFL once he learns the WR position and if he can avoid injuries. I think his upside is far greater than either Maclin or Crabtree's.

I agree and this is why I think some team will fall in love with him and draft him in the top half of the first round - maybe even the top ten.

Mr. Hero
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I said this in another thread but I don't see why Percy Harvin can't become a bigger Steve Smith (Car) with a good coaching staff.