PDA

View Full Version : Your one untouchable player...

PoopSandwich
03-17-2009, 09:12 PM
The recent disaster going on with the Broncos has gotten me to wonder, what player on each team would be so untouchable that if a team traded or was shopping them, would cause an uproar through the fan base and cause that team to become almost a joke.

For example, I believe if the Browns tried to trade Joe Thomas it would cause a serious rift between the fans and management...

What about your team?

Dr. Gonzo
03-17-2009, 09:12 PM
John David Booty.

Ravens1991
03-17-2009, 09:13 PM
its tough to say between Gaither and Ngata

Hawk
Probably Aaron Rodgers. If you have a good young quarterback, he's essentially untouchable. Unless of course, you have 2 good young quarterbacks...

GB12
Aaron Rodgers

Chucky
03-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I would probably say barret ruud, but I don't think he is really untouchable

skinzzfan25
03-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I would have said Landry but I guess Haynesworth now. Although it would be pretty illogical to trade him at this point haha.

derza222
03-17-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm going to go with Darrelle Revis on this one, maybe Kris Jenkins. Curious what other Jets fans think.

bored of education
03-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Matt Cassel, Branden Albert or Dwayne Bowe

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Eli, trading osi or tuck would suck, but kiwi's going to be an exceptional starter in time and we have a very strong DL rotation at the moment.

sbh15
03-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Edward Reed

Splat
03-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I would say Gonzo but for some silly reason some Chiefs fans do want to trade him :( crazy talk so I will go with Dwayne Bowe.

the decider13
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Jay Cutler

oh wait...

keylime_5
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Syndric Steptoe.

McBain
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
Mick Ronson or David Bowie would be the biggest losses for the Spiders From Mars... although one could make a powerful argument for Trevor Bolder.

Hines
03-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I would have to go with the obvious choice, and that is Big Ben Roethlisberger.

Ravens1991
03-17-2009, 09:24 PM

Totally forgot about Flacco.

But when it comes down to it I guess I will say Ngata, because say Gaither NGata and Flacco dont improve one bit for the rest of there career Ngata will be there best one.

PoopSandwich
03-17-2009, 09:24 PM
John David Booty.

Why would he be irreplaceable when you have Sagecopter

Matthew Jones
03-17-2009, 09:26 PM
Tom Brady on offense and Vince Wilfork on defense. There's so many though - Moss, Welker, etc. I'd pick Tom Brady though.

TheBuffaloBills
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
The Bills really have none to be perfectly honest. I love Lynch, but many fans are pretty pissed with him. Edwards is too inconsistent. Lee Evans is good, but has been completely shut down too many times for a #1 WR. T.O. is great, but there are some fans that absolutely hate him. Jason Peters might be traded. Donte Whitner has less pass deflections in his career, than Marcus Stroud had last year. I put that in bold, because that is a ridiculous stat. Poz is good, but not great. Thats about it.

Splat
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM

Nice pick Cowher...

The Legend
03-17-2009, 09:28 PM

You think he is that good?

Michigan
lol for the Lions its not even debatable. Megatron.

GB12
Who I'd say for each team.

Packers - Aaron Rodgers
Vikings - Adrian Peterson
Lions - Calvin Johnson
Bears - Lance Briggs

Cowboys - DeMarcus Ware
Giants - Justin Tuck
Redskins - Albert Haynesworth
Eagles - Donovan McNabb

Falcons - Matt Ryan
Saints - Drew Brees
Panthers - Steve Smith
Buccaneers - Barrett Ruud

Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald
Seahawks - Lofa Tatupu
49ers - Patrick Willis
Rams - OJ Atogwe

Ravens - Terrell Suggs
Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger
Browns - Joe Thomas
Bengals - Carson Palmer

Patriots - Tom Brady
Bills - Lee Evans
Jets - Nick Mangold
Dolphins - Jake Long

Colts - Peyton Manning
Texans - Andre Johnson
Jaguars - Maurice Jones-Drew
Titans - Cortland Finnegan

Broncos - Jay Cutler
Chiefs - Matt Cassel
Raiders - Nnamdi Asomugah
Chargers - Philip Rivers

Brent
I believe it's a tie between Patrick Willis and Frank Gore.

The Legend
03-17-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm going to go with Darrelle Revis on this one, maybe Kris Jenkins. Curious what other Jets fans think.

David Harris or Revis maybe Rhodes

Brent
03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Giants - Justin Tuck
Tuck over Eli?

Splat
03-17-2009, 09:32 PM

I would say Pat you would have a better chance finding another Gore then another Willis.

Chucky
03-17-2009, 09:33 PM

From an outsiders view i think patrick willis is clearly more untouchable than Frank Gore. Frank Gore is much more replaceable, while their is no way singletary lets go of willis

stephenson86
03-17-2009, 09:34 PM
chris johnson

PalmerToCJ
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
CARSON! Although I would cry if Chinedum Ndukwe left.

Geo
03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
It's funny, just today I was wondering if I would trade Peyton Manning for Jay Cutler.

I couldn't really come to a definite answer, although was leaning heavily towards "no" (just shy of saying it really). I think Peyton can continue to be as good as he is for 6 more years if not maybe 7 or more, and because of that the Colts have a shot at multiple Super Bowls with him.

But Cutler being 7 years younger actually made me consider it and not say completely no to the idea. I wondered what if Polian pulled off that move, what the fanbase and the community would do. The potential uproar. Although maybe Cutler being an Indiana kid would soften the blow, plus he would come cheaper the next two or three years (not that the Colts really need the money to sign anyone now though).

But Polian wouldn't pull off that move tomorrow, because he's not that shrewd and cold. He'd rather stick with Peyton until his retirement.

PS. I don't think anyone is untouchable, the only issue is cost/price.

Beans
03-17-2009, 09:39 PM
derrick brooks

wait

ElectricEye
03-17-2009, 09:41 PM
Tom Brady on offense and Vince Wilfork on defense. There's so many though - Moss, Welker, etc. I'd pick Tom Brady though.

Couldn't have said it much better.

the decider13
03-17-2009, 09:42 PM
derrick brooks

wait

you had the exact same epiphany as me haha

RaiderNation
03-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Offence- Russell or McFadden
Defense- Asomugha

GaMeTiMe
03-17-2009, 09:50 PM
VERY interesting question for the Eagles. Honestly, no one stands out. We don't have that one young stud player on Cutler's level to build the team around..Maybe Trent Cole or DeSean Jackson, but not really.

Thank god there's a draft this April =D

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM

Packers - Aaron Rodgers and Barnett
Vikings - Adrian Peterson and Cedric Griffin
Lions - Calvin Johnson and ??
Bears - Matt Forte and Lance Briggs

Cowboys - Roy Williams and DeMarcus Ware
Giants - Brandon Jacobs and Aaron Ross
Redskins - Clinton Portis and Albert Haynesworth
Eagles - Donovan McNabb and Asante Samuel

Falcons - Matt Ryan and John Abraham
Saints - Drew Brees and Will Smith
Panthers - Steve Smith and Peterson
Buccaneers - Antonio Bryant and Gaines Adams

Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald and Dockett
Seahawks - Walter Jones and Lofa Tatupu
49ers - Frank Gore and Patrick Willis
Rams - Steven Jackson and Chris Long

Ravens - Flacco and Ed Reed
Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger and Woodley
Browns - Joe Thomas and Shaun Rogers...
Bengals - Carson Palmer and Rivers

Patriots - Tom Brady and Wilfork
Bills - Parrish(explosive on offense and special teams) and Stroud
Jets - Nick Mangold and Bart Scott
Dolphins - Jake Long and Joey Porter

Colts - Peyton Manning and Freeney
Texans - Andre Johnson and Mario Williams
Jaguars - Maurice Jones-Drew and Reggie Nelson
Titans - Chris Johnson and Cortland Finnegan

Broncos - Jay Cutler and Brian Dawkins
Chiefs - Matt Cassel and Derrick Johnson
Raiders - Darren McFa(hahaha) and Nnamdi Asomugah
Chargers - Philip Rivers and Merriman

scottyboy
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Tuck over Eli?

Tuck over Eli and Osi?

actually, the real untouchable is Jeff Feagles.

derza222
03-17-2009, 09:56 PM
David Harris or Revis maybe Rhodes

Definitely three of our best defensive players, Revis is just the youngest, has been the most consistent, hasn't shown he's prone to injury, and plays the most important position. Harris is great but 3-4 ILB is nowhere near as important as a corner. Maybe you could say he's untouchable because he won't be as valuable to another team to you because of the position he plays so you won't get proper value in return, but I'd say Revis is the hardest to replace. Mangold is a nice call also, but I'd have a harder time letting #24 go.

thetedginnshow
03-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Definitely Revis.

BroadwayJoe10
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
For the Jets, I would say that Kris Jenkins and Darrelle Revis are absolutely irreplaceable; followed by Leon Washington and Nick Mangold.

Kris could easily be considered the most important person on our entire team as far as impact, and I don't think the Jets' fan base would stand getting rid of a true elite NT, once we finally got a taste for one. I'm honestly not sure who they'd be more upset over losing, Revis or Jenkins...Revis has the sentimentality of being a handpicked and groomed, soon to be elite CB, which are always hard to find.

I would say it's a relative tie between Revis and Jenkins.

I mention Leon because he's a fan favorite and our most explosive offensive player, but he is more replaceable than a Revis or Jenkins. Mangold is a stud center, which is not easy to find by any means, but I just feel he could be adequately replaced and you can't adequately replace a NT in the 34.

Whistler6
03-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Brett Favre, wherever he is

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't think tuck is that untouchable for us because Osi's better than him right now and kiwi has more upside. That said I can't imagine what we'd get for that kid.

Michigan
03-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Lions - Calvin Johnson and ??

Jason Hanson =\

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Giants - Brandon Jacobs and Aaron Ross

Aaron Ross isn't close to as good as Corey Webster and Terrell Thomas looked a lot better in limited time last season and he's not as close to his peak yet.

RagingColt
03-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Without a doubt, Jim Sorgi.

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Without a doubt, Jim Sorgi.

The true mastermind behind the colts, with Jim Sorgi backing him up the colts could win with sexy rexy.

21ST
03-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Everyone can be had for the right price

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Aaron Ross isn't close to as good as Corey Webster and Terrell Thomas looked a lot better in limited time last season and he's not as close to his peak yet.

I simply think that Aaron Ross is going to be one of the better corners in this league in the years to come.

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
I simply think that Aaron Ross is going to be one of the better corners in this league in the years to come.

Really he's already like 26, lacks top end speed and isn't able to really jam very good number ones. I think he can be a very good number two corner, but he's by no means untouchable, especially with our pass rush and depth at corner.

ccB
03-17-2009, 10:49 PM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/mdro_55/halotingata.jpg

BEEFCAKE!

03-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Offence- Russell or McFadden
Defense- Asomugha

Yeah, definitely Scrabble.

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Really he's already like 26, lacks top end speed and isn't able to really jam very good number ones. I think he can be a very good number two corner, but he's by no means untouchable, especially with our pass rush and depth at corner.

nobody on the D-Line for the giants are untouchable because they keep plugging guys in that turn into pro-bowl caliber players.

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 10:56 PM
nobody on the D-Line for the giants are untouchable because they keep plugging guys in that turn into pro-bowl caliber players.

We develop pro-bowl caliber lineman :shrug: I'd say that argument that we just keep plugging guys in is truer about CB than DL for us.

hagy34
03-17-2009, 10:58 PM
All Day. No question.

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM
We develop pro-bowl caliber lineman :shrug: I'd say that argument that we just keep plugging guys in is truer about CB than DL for us.

yeah but in 07' cb was a major concern late in the season

yodabear
03-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I used to say Torry Holt, time to go back in my closet and cry like a ten year old girl.

Mr. Hero
03-17-2009, 11:01 PM
yeah but in 07' cb was a major concern late in the season

Since then Corey Webster has become a beast, our pass rush took it to the next level, and we've also draft two day one corners, ross and thomas.

Saints-Tigers
03-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Breesus Christ.

Brodeur
03-17-2009, 11:06 PM

Vikings - Adrian Peterson and Cedric Griffin

Hahahahahahaha.

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Hahahahahahaha.

theres some satire in my picks.

In all honesty it is Pat Williams

Paul
03-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Cowboys - Roy Williams and DeMarcus Ware

Is this one of your "satires"?

Woody56
03-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Darrelle Revis

You don't trade an elite corner when he is only 23

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Is this one of your "satires"?

No, I love Roy Williams and pretty much the rest of our players on offense are expendable; except Jay Witt

TimD
03-17-2009, 11:16 PM

Definitely a lot of options:

Leon Washington
Kris Jenkins
Darrelle Revis

I wouldn't want to lose any of them. All very important. These guys are really close to being untouchable:

Jerricho Cotchery*
Nick Mangold
Calvin Pace*
David Harris
Kerry Rhodes

*Guys That Haven't Been Mentioned Yet.

Cotch - I think he's a big piece to our team due to the lack of quality/NFL proven receivers. Our receiving squad would be scary right now:

Chansi Stuckey
David Clowney
Brad Smith
Wallace Wright
Dustin Keller

We still need a number 1, but Cotch provides somewhat of a veteran guy and he has sure hands.

Pace - He made a big imact, even though it wasn't as big as his contract warranted. He was one of our few weapons as a true pass rusher this year, and the best of the 3 guys who rushed from the outside (Thomas and Elam).

GB12
03-17-2009, 11:16 PM
theres some satire in my picks.

In all honesty it is Pat Williams
Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson...

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Jared Allen, Kevin Williams, Chad Greenway, EJ Henderson...

Those are obviously great players for the vikings but Minnesota was a very good defense without Jared Allen.

The Williams' tandem is one of the run stuffing duos i've seen

SuperMcGee
03-17-2009, 11:25 PM
While there have been many less than serious, in terms of fan uproar I think the guy for the Bills is Brian Moorman. Wouldn't cause us to be a joke, the fact that we were shopping a punter might, but the fans would flip.
Maybe Lee Evans. The high hopes and excitement with McKelvin make him an option on a very non-spectacular team.

Paul
03-17-2009, 11:25 PM
No, I love Roy Williams and pretty much the rest of our players on offense are expendable; except Jay Witt

What has he done to deserve the love, exactly? Nothing. Riots would not breakout in the streets of Dallas if Roy was ever rumored to be traded. Romo or Witten maybe. But Roy, no.

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 11:29 PM
What has he done to deserve the love, exactly? Nothing. Riots would not breakout in the streets of Dallas if Roy was ever rumored to be traded. Romo or Witten maybe. But Roy, no.

Well if he was released there would definitely be a riot. We traded a 1st and 3rd for him. I wouldn't care if romo was traded for a guy like cutler. What great has romo done for dallas? Drop a snap? go on vacations with jessica?

Give Roy the off season to learn and be without TO and he will be having a breakout year next year.

http://images.morris.com/images/lubbock/mdControlled/cms/2008/12/27/371461109.jpg

indyfan1985
03-17-2009, 11:38 PM
It's pretty obvious for the Colts.... Peyton Manning.

Other than the obvious pick, I would say Reggie Wayne is there as well as possibly Anthony Gonzalez.

LonghornsLegend
03-17-2009, 11:47 PM
What great has romo done for dallas? Drop a snap? go on vacations with jessica?

Only broke nearly every record we had standing for a QB, but hey that's nothing compared to a vacation.

Look at everything Roy did for Dallas!!1!

GBahDunka
03-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Only broke nearly every record we had standing for a QB, but hey that's nothing compared to a vacation.

Look at everything Roy did for Dallas!!1!

roy had half of a season after arriving to dallas.

If Romo wants to be on my cowboys keeper list he needs to grow the **** up. Records are nothing when you have no Lombardi trophies to show for.

LonghornsLegend
03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
roy had half of a season after arriving to dallas.

If Romo wants to be on my cowboys keeper list he needs to grow the **** up. Records are nothing when you have no Lombardi trophies to show for.

And we all know if you don't accomplish that within your first 3 years as a starter your a failure right?

My point is that Romo has done alot more for Dallas then Roy, which was in reference to you putting Roy as an untouchable...He may be untouchable because nobody would want him at that price right now, but the only untouchable is Ware.

Paul
03-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Well if he was released there would definitely be a riot. We traded a 1st and 3rd for him. I wouldn't care if romo was traded for a guy like cutler. What great has romo done for dallas? Drop a snap? go on vacations with jessica?

Give Roy the off season to learn and be without TO and he will be having a breakout year next year.

http://images.morris.com/images/lubbock/mdControlled/cms/2008/12/27/371461109.jpg

Yes that picture just tugged at my heartstrings :rolleyes:

Besides having the best statistical year by any QB in Cowboys history and finally providing some consistent play at the position after years of mediocrity, Romo hasn't done much for the organization. You must be listening to to much Skip Bayless if you're referencing the drop snap and Jessica Simpson to prove a point. You couldn't get much more shallow.

Romo, obviously isn't the perfect player and has his faults on and off the field, so he isn't in the league of Manning or Brady when it comes to untradables, but to put Roy above him and Witten is ridiculous. I really hope as a Cowboys fan that Roy does perform well this year, but he has done absolutely nothing in his NFL career to deserve the title "untouchable".

And who said anything about being released? Of course I would be pissed if we just drop Roy for nothing. But if we can get equal for him a trade, I doubt there would be outrage.

LonghornsLegend
03-18-2009, 12:06 AM
You must be listening to to much Skip Bayless if you're referencing the drop snap and Jessica Simpson to prove a point. You couldn't get much more shallow.

Ugh, listening to him talk about Cutler and Romo this morning made me sick, it's so funny how he's a raging homer for guys like Cutler and Favre, but hates on guys like Romo for no reason...He's the reason why I don't like to watch that show.

TitanHope
03-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Offense - Chris Johnson, easily.

Defense - Defense is the most difficult, cuz it's our best unit. I'll say Cortland Finnegan, because before he emerged as one of the best CB's in the NFL, he was the fiesty, 7th RD pick with a chip on his shoulder, nickelback who was a fan favorite. But it's close with Michael Griffin. I'll mention Kyle Vanden Bosch too, because he's a very high character guy and fans love his work ethic both on and off the field.

bjb0170
03-18-2009, 12:09 AM
easy... for my team it's Demarcus Ware!!!

GBahDunka
03-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Ugh, listening to him talk about Cutler and Romo this morning made me sick, it's so funny how he's a raging homer for guys like Cutler and Favre, but hates on guys like Romo for no reason...He's the reason why I don't like to watch that show.

I don't watch that show because hes an absolute idiot.

I'll be fine with Romo if he matures a little. Apparently even Terrance Newman called him out. Romo is a young exciting player that will make great plays and not so great plays. The more I actually think about it the less happy I would be with Cutler. He doesn't have the million dollar smile that Aikman and Romo have.

I just get angry when people dog on Roy Williams all the time when he hasn't had the chance to prove his worthiness in Dallas yet. You being a longhorn fan should be a big Roy fan after all.

Jerry is doing great things for this team believe it or not.

Mr. Hero
03-18-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm sorry but Jason Witten is the cowboys offensive untouchable. He's your best and most consistent performer offensively. Your oline kinda **** a brick last season, romo was romo, roy didn't do diddly and TO's gone so it has to be witten he was beasting every week.

Paul
03-18-2009, 12:18 AM

I'll be fine with Romo if he matures a little. Apparently even Terrance Newman called him out. Romo is a young exciting player that will make great plays and not so great plays. The more I actually think about it the less happy I would be with Cutler. He doesn't have the million dollar smile that Aikman and Romo have.

I just get angry when people dog on Roy Williams all the time when he hasn't had the chance to prove his worthiness in Dallas yet. You being a longhorn fan should be a big Roy fan after all.

LL was one of the few defending Roy and the trade when it went down.

At the time I did like the trade, but I've haven't seen anything to make me feel good about it since.

GBahDunka
03-18-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm sorry but Jason Witten is the cowboys offensive untouchable. He's your best and most consistent performer offensively. Your oline kinda **** a brick last season, romo was romo, roy didn't do diddly and TO's gone so it has to be witten he was beasting every week.

The only reason I didn't say Witten is because I truly believe that Dallas could plug in Martellus Bennett and get great production from him.

The "untouchable" factor is more about depth of position for a team

and Paul give it time, Roy will pan out.

Mr. Hero
03-18-2009, 12:29 AM
The only reason I didn't say Witten is because I truly believe that Dallas could plug in Martellus Bennett and get great production from him.

The "untouchable" factor is more about depth of position for a team

and Paul give it time, Roy will pan out.

Bennett is a very strong prospect but what makes witten special is his route running which gets him open most every play and his remarkably trust worthy hands, bennett's not there yet and frankly he's not even close, in a few years maybe, but right now Witten's too good and too important to year team for him to not be an untouchable.

Halsey
03-18-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm a Falcons fan. If you don't know the answer, you don't understand football.

cdub11
03-18-2009, 12:46 AM
Demarcus Ware

LonghornsLegend
03-18-2009, 12:49 AM

Were talking about two different things here, I support Roy and I think he'll prove alot of doubters wrong, I was just debating him being considered an untouchable, and I only said Romo has done alot more here for us then he has.

I still think Roy will go back to pro-bowl form, don't worry about the people dogging him, Roy hears it too, and being a competitor and being from Texas I expect him to take it to heart and really come out to prove people wrong next season.

Flyboy
03-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Drew Breesus.

GBahDunka
03-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Were talking about two different things here, I support Roy and I think he'll prove alot of doubters wrong, I was just debating him being considered an untouchable, and I only said Romo has done alot more here for us then he has.

I still think Roy will go back to pro-bowl form, don't worry about the people dogging him, Roy hears it too, and being a competitor and being from Texas I expect him to take it to heart and really come out to prove people wrong next season.

Well that settles that.

Jensen
03-18-2009, 12:55 AM
Larry Fitzgerald easily.

JRTPlaya21
03-18-2009, 01:04 AM
I've watched a lot of RB's in Washington go that I liked. So if Portis were to be let go unfairly I could see some unrest.

Thumper
03-18-2009, 01:10 AM
For Philly I'm going to have to go with Broderick Bunkley who is turning into a dominating DT and he is still young. He is now the strongest player in the NFL (44 reps at the combine and he has only gotten stronger). If the Eagles got a real NT and moved Bunkley over to UT Bunkley would be unstoppable with his combination of speed (low 5.0) and strength.

McNabb could be had.

DeSean Jackson is probably the most untouchable.

SenorGato
03-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Revis. He'll get major hype if the Jets ever get big.

Thumper
03-18-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm a Falcons fan. If you don't know the answer, you don't understand football.

Mike Vick.... Right? Am I Right? :D

Haralson98
03-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Patrick Willis with Nate Clements a distant second

CashmoneyDrew
03-18-2009, 01:17 AM
It's definitely impossible to pick a defensive player from the Titans so I'll go with Chris Johnson. No doubt.

BlindSite
03-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Steve Smith or Jon Beason

Bengalsrocket
03-18-2009, 02:28 AM
I don't believe anyone is "untouchable" - but the closest thing the Bengals have, like many other team's with a franchise QB, is Carson Palmer.

djp
03-18-2009, 02:31 AM
Ryan Cook because he will never be touched by another team after he's released

wicket
03-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Drew Brees is obviously the choice.
But I would also cry if we lose
Vilma Ellis Smith Brown and Colston.

Menardo75
03-18-2009, 02:42 AM
Patrick Willis

Mr. Stiller
03-18-2009, 04:09 AM

as far as the "fanbase" I'd have to go with Troy Polamalu.

M.O.T.H.
03-18-2009, 05:41 AM

What has he done in the NFL to really deserve the love for that matter? He had one good year and has been horrible since. Everyone who seem to love Roy Williams, love him because of what did at Texas.

The obvious choice is Ware.

As for this dude hating on Romo so much...ugh. What else is new? Some screwball Cowboy fans forget how young or early Romo really is into his starting career. As previously mentioned, he has put together the greatest season ever by a Cowboys QB and is only a top 3 rated passer over the past three seasons. He also manages to have a 27-12 record as a starter. (nearly 70%) People hold a lot of grudges for that botched hold. Funny thing is, we wouldnt even have been in the playoffs if it wasnt for Romo and it's not like we were super bowl bound that year. We were 9-7. We all know Tony needs to play better down the stetch but, this guy gets too much hate. He gets killed for struggling in December but no one wants to point out that our opponents were four of the better defensive teams in the league. (Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles) That's a freaking tall task for any QB. He actually played an outstanding game against New York. But yeah, I dont want to sound like a repeating record but, Garrett has not been putting Romo in a great place to succeed here. No one really likes to talk about Garrett completely changing the teams philosophy in the Giants playoff game. He only ran Barber into the ground in the 1st half, with a line unaccustomed to run blocking in heavy doses all year long. 20+ carriers for Marion in the first half, I dont know what the hell he was thinking. Romo isnt perfect but, he is a great QB, he really is...he has shown that he can play at an elite level. Hell, he may have been league MVP if Brady didnt go off and the lead the Pats to quite possibly the greatest regular season in NFL history last year, breaking plenty of records along the way. I'll say it again, some Cowboys fans are just freaking ruthless who cant get their, I dont know, simple minds off of Staubach and Aikman, it's ridiculous. Spoiled perhaps?

The Unseen
03-18-2009, 08:02 AM
Mojo.

He's the only one, really.

P-L
03-18-2009, 08:40 AM
Hopefully in about a month it will be Jay Cutler or Matthew Stafford. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

the decider13
03-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Hopefully in about a month it will be Jay Cutler or Matthew Stafford. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

no no no....you can't have Jay Cutler. I won't trade him too you!!

The Great Jonathan Vilma
03-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Revis for the Jets, and for good reason. Really good young CBs are hard to come by, you can't let them get away without feeling like you got screwed.

GBahDunka
03-18-2009, 09:14 AM
What has he done in the NFL to really deserve the love for that matter? He had one good year and has been horrible since. Everyone who seem to love Roy Williams, love him because of what did at Texas.

The obvious choice is Ware.

As for this dude hating on Romo so much...ugh. What else is new? Some screwball Cowboy fans forget how young or early Romo really is into his starting career. As previously mentioned, he has put together the greatest season ever by a Cowboys QB and is only a top 3 rated passer over the past three seasons. He also manages to have a 27-12 record as a starter. (nearly 70%) People hold a lot of grudges for that botched hold. Funny thing is, we wouldnt even have been in the playoffs if it wasnt for Romo and it's not like we were super bowl bound that year. We were 9-7. We all know Tony needs to play better down the stetch but, this guy gets too much hate. He gets killed for struggling in December but no one wants to point out that our opponents were four of the better defensive teams in the league. (Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles) That's a freaking tall task for any QB. He actually played an outstanding game against New York. But yeah, I dont want to sound like a repeating record but, Garrett has not been putting Romo in a great place to succeed here. No one really likes to talk about Garrett completely changing the teams philosophy in the Giants playoff game. He only ran Barber into the ground in the 1st half, with a line unaccustomed to run blocking in heavy doses all year long. 20+ carriers for Marion in the first half, I dont know what the hell he was thinking. Romo isnt perfect but, he is a great QB, he really is...he has shown that he can play at an elite level. Hell, he may have been league MVP if Brady didnt go off and the lead the Pats to quite possibly the greatest regular season in NFL history last year, breaking plenty of records along the way. I'll say it again, some Cowboys fans are just freaking ruthless who cant get their, I dont know, simple minds off of Staubach and Aikman, it's ridiculous. Spoiled perhaps?

I'm not spoiled, I just haven't seen the boys' win a playoff game since I was in Kindergarten... I'm in college now. Thats way too long for "America's Team"

OneToughGame
03-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Lofa Tatupu for the Seahawks. It would be Big Walt if he was 3 years younger.

Sniper
03-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Hmmm....For the average fan who only knows interceptions, sacks etc...

1. Asante Samuel
2. Brian Westbrook
3. Trent Cole

If I were GM, these five players would be untouchables...

1. Brodrick Bunkley
2. Shawn Andrews
3. Sheldon Brown
4. DeSean Jackson
5. Stewart Bradley

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Haloti Ngata
http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0708/nfl.defenders.under25/images/10.ngata.jpg

T-RICH49
03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Matt Cassel, Branden Albert or Dwayne Bowe

QFT (10 char)

Vikes99ej
03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Adrian Peterson, followed very closely by Jared Allen.

Go_Eagles77
03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Brian Dawkins. Oh wait...

Seriously though probably Brian Westbrook now.

Brothgar
03-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Calvin Johnson and it ain't even close.

katnip
03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Kris Jenkins??

Really too me, I don't think any1 on the Jets you can say is untouchable

And Revis too

BamaFalcon59
03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Matt Ryan would be devastating to lose, but that's not going to happen.

If management lets Roddy White go I'll rip their nutsack off.

coordinator0
03-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, for Baltimore there are 4-5 clear-cut options

Joe Flacco
Jared Gaither
Haloti Ngata
Ed Reed
Ray Lewis (not quite sure on him anymore)

Out of those five I think that I would go with...

Haloti Ngata, and Jared Gaither is a relatively close second.

scar988
03-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Matt Ryan would be devastating to lose, but that's not going to happen.

If management lets Roddy White go I'll rip their nutsack off.

co-signed on this one.

SaintsFanForLife
03-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Drew Brees that is easy.

Brent
03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
and being from Texas
I think people underrate this. The guy grew up a Cowboys fans and now he's their #1 WR. He's probably going to work his ass off so he doesnt let the fans down.

Shahin
03-18-2009, 01:04 PM

If the niners tried to trade one of them there would be riots.

Mr.Regular
03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I'll echo the other Cheeseheads and go with A-Rod.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Clearly LaRon Landry for the Skins. Personal bias says Santana Moss cause he's my favorite Skin.

E-Man
03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
The obvious is Ware. Lords knows that the Cowboys have looked for a good pass rushers for years, and they finally hit the lottery with him.

Other than he I would say Jason Witten. He's still young(26) and he's an elite tight end that can block and catch. You don't get rid of players like that. Plus he like Ware also was a big find that Dallas for years had been looking for since Novacek retired. I had to unfortunately stomach David Lafluer, Eric Bjornson, and Jackie Harris.:cry:

I would say Romo for me is untouchable, but some Cowboy fans are too demanding. They expect him to be Aikman or Staubach when he's only been the starter for two and a half seasons. Did we not learn from Quincy, Chutch, Henson, and Testaverde? Sure there would be an up roar if he got traded, but some people are calling for his head now which is ridiculous.

Brent
03-18-2009, 01:33 PM
If the niners tried to trade one of them there would be riots.
That's an understatement.

j05son
03-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Phil Dawson

just kidding, Joe Thomas

HawkEye30
03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
id say lofa tatupu and matt hasselbeck maybe walter jones

cunit2k9
03-18-2009, 02:03 PM
Joe Thomas

CC.SD
03-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Palsy McRiverton.

JonasBlane
03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
For the Steelers I'd say that Polamalu and Roethlisberger are completely and utterly untouchable. If I had to say just one though it would be Ben, just because of the position. You simply don't trade a QB in his 20's with 2 SB's under his belt.

BufFan71
03-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Buffalo:

Lee Evans

yourfavestoner
03-18-2009, 11:20 PM
http://www.fantasypigskin365.com/images/jones-drew.jpg

CrackerJack465
03-19-2009, 12:08 AM

Pass the pipe?
Aaron Ross is good, but C-Web and T squared are both better.
Tuck on D for the Gment
Eli on O

Overall, Eli

Osi is close too. Those 3 are all pretty high.

Mr. Hero
03-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Pass the pipe?
Aaron Ross is good, but C-Web and T squared are both better.
Tuck on D for the Gment
Eli on O

Overall, Eli

Osi is close too. Those 3 are all pretty high.

I don't really think Tuck is our most important defender. Osi's a better DE and the additions of Canty and Bernard alleviate some of the necessity for his interior pass rushing skills. That's not even getting to Kiwi who has the potential to surpass both as a DE and he's had success as an interior rusher himself.

Smooth Criminal
03-19-2009, 02:16 PM
If the Steelers tried to trade Ben, Ward, or Troy all hell would break loose.

bigbluedefense
03-19-2009, 02:25 PM
Eli Manning. By far.

Thunder&Lightning
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Rivers or Merriman

Shiver
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Matt Ryan is probably our only untouchable player.

jCut
03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Jay Cutler.

Oh wait..

bearsfan_51
03-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Bears - Lance Briggs
Briggs is probably our best player, but when it comes to pure fan lovage it's definately this guy

http://www.emqb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/devin-hester_nc.jpg

He even wears Jordan's number.

TigerBait45
03-19-2009, 05:58 PM
I used to say it was Deuce McAllister, but..dammit.

Drew Brees definitely; probably Vilma on defense. He's certainly be welcomed by the fans with open arms.

bearfan
03-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Briggs is probably our best player, but when it comes to pure fan lovage it's definately this guy

http://www.emqb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/devin-hester_nc.jpg

He even wears Jordan's number.

I disagree, he did absolutely nothing this year after all the hype. The guy to step up and our fans love is...
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/coolbrz197/Forte22.jpg

bearsfan_51
03-19-2009, 06:02 PM
When Forte wins a game by himself he can join the conversation.

etk
03-19-2009, 06:04 PM
We don't really have an untouchable player. If we traded one player, the ones that would make me most mad would be Antonio Bryant or Tanard Jackson. Anyone else can go for the right price.

Of course, I would've said Derrick Brooks (big part of why I'm a Bucs fan) but he already got ******* cut.

Rjspartan
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee84/TheJaffe/Texans_Panthers_Foo_6999460.jpg

cunit2k9
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
We don't really have an untouchable player. If we traded one player, the ones that would make me most mad would be Antonio Bryant or Tanard Jackson. Anyone else can go for the right price.

Of course, I would've said Derrick Brooks (big part of why I'm a Bucs fan) but he already got ******* cut.

What about Aqib Talib? He looked like he could become one of the better cornerbacks in the league near the end of the year.

phenomenal_waffles
03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
http://media.dailycamera.com/bdc/content/img/photos/2006/12/03/BRONCOS_SEAHAWKS_COBOU101_t600.JPG

etk
03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
What about Aqib Talib? He looked like he could become one of the better cornerbacks in the league near the end of the year.

I've never been a huge fan of his. I'd gladly swap him for another young corner. I don't think he'll ever be more than your typical "good, but inconsistent" NFL corner.

regoob2
03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Probably Aaron Rodgers. If you have a good young quarterback, he's essentially untouchable. Unless of course, you have 2 good young quarterbacks...Unless your Denver.

fear the elf
03-20-2009, 04:18 PM

why can't he be in the conversation? he gets the most touches a game (besides qb, in case you want to be a smart a$$) had the most receptions on the team, keeps your defense off the field by controlling the clock, not to mention where were you/are you without him? answer: cedric benson/adrian peterson. i think he is highly valuable to the bears.

the man allows your offense to go, without him teams are pinning their ears back and sending the house at orton, who i think is a pretty decent starting qb, but not going to win the game on his own.

CC.SD
03-20-2009, 04:28 PM
why can't he be in the conversation? he gets the most touches a game (besides qb, in case you want to be a smart a$$) had the most receptions on the team, keeps your defense off the field by controlling the clock, not to mention where were you/are you without him? answer: cedric benson/adrian peterson. i think he is highly valuable to the bears.

the man allows your offense to go, without him teams are pinning their ears back and sending the house at orton, who i think is a pretty decent starting qb, but not going to win the game on his own.

I'm not 100% decided on the Bears one untouchable guy, but I know it's not a player from their offense.

d34ng3l021
03-20-2009, 04:32 PM
This franchise savior:

http://img.skysports.com/08/05/218x298/mattryan_886463.jpg

LonghornsLegend
03-20-2009, 04:39 PM

You know what "untouchable" means right?

The Colts wouldn't take two 1st rounders for Peyton or any other deal, Dallas wouldn't take two 1st for Ware, do you think the Bears would take two 1st for Forte who they found in the middle of the draft?

If the answer is yes, he's not untouchable.

MarioPalmer
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
There are only a few true untouchables in the NFL right now. Any of the #1 overall picks with the exception of Alex Smith of the last 6 drafts would never be traded.

So if we were to look at the untouchables this is how it would go.
***in no particular order***
**but these guys are all untouchable**
*this is also very rough and just thinking of guys off the top of my head*

1. Payton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Mario Williams
4. Carson Palmer
5. Steven Jackson
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Andre Johnson
9. Larry Fitzgerald
10. JaMarcus Russell
11. Eli Manning
12. Ben Rothlisberger
13. Philip Rivers
14. Joe Thomas
15. Walter Jones
16. Jake Long
17. Ryan Clady
18. Justin Tuck
19. LaRon Landry
20. Ed Reed
21. Haloti Ngata
22. Richard Seymour
23. Ty Warren
24. Vince Wilfork
25. Kevin Williams
26. Brian Urlacher
27. Matt Ryan
28. Marcus McNeil
29. Michael Roos
30. DeMarcus Ware
31. Shawn Merriman
32. Jordan Gross
33. Levi Brown
34. Gaines Adams
35. Jammal Brown
36. Sedrick Ellis
37. Will Smith
38. Drew Brees
39. Tommie Harris
40. D'Brickashaw Ferguson
41. Brandon Albert
42. Joe Staley
43. Brian McKinnie
44. Casey Hampton
45. Jamaal Williams
46. Chris Samuels

But thete are a lot of guys who people have mentioned untouchable but would be traded in a second given the right deal. The Bengals would never trade Carson, same for the Colts and Peyton and same for the Steelers, Pats, Falcons. There isn't anything you could offer then that would intice them trade their franchise QB. Same for Mario Williams. Not a player in the NFL is worth a 1 for 1 deal for Mario and I would bet that teams would even bother asking them, because the answer would be no. Trades in football are aweful, and they actually make things worse in my eyes. I hate it when a player that my team didn't draft comes here and is good. Don't get me wrong, I want my team to win, but it's like rooting for a step child. Thats why I was so anxious to keep Bartell in a Ram uni. Because I knew if he had left, I woudn't be a fan of is anymore. Just like I don't really care about Jared Allen anymore. Yeah, he's great, but I'd rather him be playing for his original team that drafted him. It just seems more classy to win and lose with the team that brought you in.

Thats why I'm so fearful and pissed off at Denver for even allowing this to happen and to get this far. I have a feeling that once he leaves I won't care all that much about him anymore. He is a Bronoc, not a Bucc, not a Lion, not a Brown. A God damn Bronco and nothing else.

Mr. Hero
03-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Honestly I don't think Tuck's that untouchable, it's not like our DL would become a weakness without him as Osi's a better DE and Kiwi's a very high ceilinged hard worker.

MarioPalmer
03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm not 100% decided on the Bears one untouchable guy, but I know it's not a player from their offense.

It would be either Urlacher or Harris, no one else on that entire team is worth what those two or worth, and those two keep that team relevent on defense. Harris is one of the best 43 DT's in the game and Urlacher is one of the top 3 LBs in the game and one of the top defensive player in the NFL.

Everyone on their offense is interchangable, sorry but its the truth. If soeone offered the Bears 2 first rounders for anyone of their offense they would do it with out blinking.

MarioPalmer
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Honestly I don't think Tuck's that untouchable, it's not like our DL would become a weakness without him as Osi's a better DE and Kiwi's a very high ceilinged hard worker.

But the thing is that you could trade Kiwi and Osi and still have a brutal line with Tuck running the show, if your traded Tuck and were left with only Kiwi and Osi you wuoldn't be as strong as you were with Tuck. Tuck is more valuable to the team regardless of how good Osi is.

HawkeyeFan
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0616/nfl_g_sjax_580.jpg

==

UNTOUCHABLE

thebow305
03-20-2009, 05:37 PM
For Miami, it's probably Ronnie Brown, with Jake Long coming in a close 2nd.

Surprisingly, Chad Henne would be in the conversation. Fans down here think he is going to be the Messiah.

aNYtitan
03-21-2009, 12:09 AM
http://theloveofsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/chris-johnson.jpg
He literally can't be touched

Sveen
03-21-2009, 03:18 AM
http://howdeepistheocean.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/brees.jpg

The untouchable Saint :)

DeathbyStat
03-21-2009, 08:18 AM
BIG BEN....a combination of leadership and a huge contract

bearsfan_51
03-21-2009, 09:09 AM
It would be either Urlacher or Harris, no one else on that entire team is worth what those two or worth, and those two keep that team relevent on defense. Harris is one of the best 43 DT's in the game and Urlacher is one of the top 3 LBs in the game and one of the top defensive player in the NFL.

Everyone on their offense is interchangable, sorry but its the truth. If soeone offered the Bears 2 first rounders for anyone of their offense they would do it with out blinking.

Please don't act like you know anything about the Bears. If you did, you'd know that Briggs is well ahead of Urlacher at this point in his career. We would take 1 first rounder, let alone 2, for Urlacher.

It's still Devin. Because when it comes down to it, no player on the Bears makes the franchise as much money as Devin. The team is barely worth watching now, without him we're easily the most boring team in the NFL.

SimonRath
03-21-2009, 09:54 AM

The Colts wouldn't take two 1st rounders for Peyton or any other deal, Dallas wouldn't take two 1st for Ware, do you think the Bears would take two 1st for Forte who they found in the middle of the draft?

so would matt ryan be considered one?

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Obviously.

princefielder28
03-21-2009, 10:50 AM

He won the Week 16 game for the Bears, took it over in the 4th quarter against Green Bay.

bearsfan_51
03-21-2009, 11:15 AM
He won the Week 16 game for the Bears, took it over in the 4th quarter against Green Bay.

It was a 51 yard drive, and he only had two runs of over 3 yards, let's not get out of hand.

Saints-Tigers
03-21-2009, 11:49 AM
I would think before this Brutal offseason, Ryan would only be traded straight up for about 1 QB, and that is Jay Cutler.

I'm not as high on Ryan as some, but he proved he's a damn good QB already, and he's a total class act.

Kase1
03-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Well Brandon "The Bulldozer With A Wreckin Ball Attached" Jacobs gets touched but he PLOWS people over, LOL

scottyboy
03-21-2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.glovetime.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/Jeff_Feagles.jpg.w240h401.jpg

d34ng3l021
03-21-2009, 01:10 PM
I would think before this Brutal offseason, Ryan would only be traded straight up for about 1 QB, and that is Jay Cutler.

I'm not as high on Ryan as some, but he proved he's a damn good QB already, and he's a total class act.

The Falcons wouldn't trade Ryan for Cutler (i have no way of knowing, but i am pretty sure). I would say that they are similar in the franchise QB type mold, but Ryan has the better intangibles while Cutler's physical skillset is superior to Ryan's. Ryan's intangibles are a huge part of the Falcon's success.

BamaFalcon59
03-21-2009, 01:35 PM
No way would we trade Ryan for Cutler. First off Matt Ryan is better. Second, he is vital to our team chemistry.

Saints-Tigers
03-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Sure he's better.

etk
03-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Sure he's better.

Are you being sarcastic? Matt Ryan is a winner. He's clutch. He has all the physical attributes needed to be successful at the position plus the intangibles to be consistent. He was one of the best rookie QBs in the history of the league playing for a team that was expected to win maybe a couple games.

Cutler has a strong arm and can make all the throws, but I don't think for one second that he could do the things Ryan did as a rookie. This shouldn't even be an argument imo.

IrishX (aka bornbear)
03-21-2009, 05:16 PM
My choice for the Bears would have to be Briggs.

Saints-Tigers
03-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Are you being sarcastic? Matt Ryan is a winner. He's clutch. He has all the physical attributes needed to be successful at the position plus the intangibles to be consistent. He was one of the best rookie QBs in the history of the league playing for a team that was expected to win maybe a couple games.

Cutler has a strong arm and can make all the throws, but I don't think for one second that he could do the things Ryan did as a rookie. This shouldn't even be an argument imo.

Lol? I don't really care who was better as a rookie.

fear the elf
03-21-2009, 06:26 PM

yes, i know what untouchable means. there is no need to get surly (yeah, i said surly). i guess i didn't quite look at it the same way as you did. but i would still argue that without briggs or urlacher the defense is still good. not great but good. without forte, that offense isn't going anywhere. that's just how i see it. (i could be a little biased though, he did lead my fantasy team to the crown this year)

btw, forte was a second round pick. i don't really consider that the middle of the draft.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
http://www.o2designz.com/forum/uploads/U173-1237678066.jpg

d34ng3l021
03-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Lol? I don't really care who was better as a rookie.

Player A: 61.1%, 7.9 YPA, 1.45:1 TD:INT ratio, 87.7 QB Rating
Player B: 62.3%, 7.3 YPA, 1.38:1 TD:INT ratio, 86 QB Rating

I know they are just statistics, a poor excuse for one's actual performance, but it is definitely some food for thought.

Player A: Matt Ryan
Player B: Jay Cutler

Bosanac01
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Matt Ryan > Jay Cutler

trading for cutler would be stupid as hell. Why would the falcons trade the QB who had the best year as a rookie? Can't wait to see what he got next season.