PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Pace coming to Baltimore?

Ravens1991
03-18-2009, 08:06 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/17/orlando-pace-visiting-baltimore/

it was on NFL network ticker too.

I think we can all agree on this one, WTF is the point of this.

coordinator0
03-18-2009, 10:54 AM
IDK, i think we'd have to let go of Willie for cap and roster size problems if we were to keep Pace for next season. I'd rather stand pat on this and draft a RT.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Im sure Orlando Pace would be great in the 10 minutes before he hit IR.

coordinator0
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Im sure Orlando Pace would be great in the 10 minutes before he hit IR.

That's another concern... I kinda like our starting tandem for next year with Terry backing up both spots.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I think we are fine at tackle for now. We need to get younger at that position, not older. I wouldn't mind Pace if he came cheap but I highly doubt he can survive John Harbaughs training camp.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
I think we are fine at tackle for now. We need to get younger at that position, not older. I wouldn't mind Pace if he came cheap but I highly doubt he can survive John Harbaughs training camp.

I highly doubt he could survive a tour of the training facility without some sort of injury.

Ravens1991
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
My only guess is we plan to release Terry or Willie Anderson. This is still a big mystery why we even consider it.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Keep in mind he is just visiting. There has been nothing said that we are interested big time. But I am still going to question it, only because this is the second time we are bring in a tackle, first it was Marvel. I wonder why Ozzie is trying to add another Tackle, we'd be better off drafting someone.

ChewyRaven318
03-18-2009, 06:07 PM
I highly doubt he could survive a tour of the training facility without some sort of injury.

haha, I can only imagine the headlines on that:
"Free Agent OT Orlando Pace, formerly of the Rams, is expected to miss the entire 2009 season after tearing his ACL at the Ravens Headquarters in Owings Mills, MD during a tour of the facility while walking up a flight of stairs."

But seriously, I'm with you guys, I don't get why we're trying to get older on our o-line as opposed to younger.

ChefMike
03-19-2009, 01:17 PM
My only guess is we plan to release Terry or Willie Anderson. This is still a big mystery why we even consider it.

Bye Bye Big Willie...

I think this is a move more for the benefit of Gaither.. what better to learn from then JO and Orlando Pace?! I think it would be a good fit for us...

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Pace was better than Willie in his prime but I think now, Willie might be better since he will probably play more than Pace. I say, if Pace is cheaper than Willie, go ahead and cut Willie and sign Pace.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-20-2009, 02:37 PM
okay, I think Pace being a Ravens is becoming more and more of a possibility. I really liked Willie Anderson and I'm not a huge fan of this. Only reason I'm not totally PO'ed is that Pace should be cheaper AND has more to offer when healthy.

Ravens1991
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
what are the chances he will be healthy? I would prefer Willie and we draft Phil Loadholt or a RT

EdReedUnstoppable
03-21-2009, 06:07 PM
what are the chances he will be healthy? I would prefer Willie and we draft Phil Loadholt or a RT

Im all about this right here!!! Loadholt in rd 2, Gaither and Loadholt FTW!!!!

Ravens1991
03-21-2009, 06:18 PM
that would give us the biggest and baddest set of tackles in the NFL

ChefMike
03-22-2009, 06:55 AM
That would be JO and Orlando all over again...now if only we could keep the refs from throwing a flag in Loadholts eye??? hmmm

Ravens1991
03-22-2009, 09:54 AM
and keep Loadholt from throwing temper tantrums in a playoff game resulting in 2 15 yard penalties and costing us the damn game!!!!

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-22-2009, 04:30 PM
just read on the Baltimore Sun that we are the most aggressive team for Pace. I can't see why since we've already got Willie. I guess its a money issue. Also, what do you guys think about James Laurinatis? Alot of so called "experts" are giving him to us in there mocks. whats yalls take on him?

coordinator0
03-22-2009, 05:27 PM
just read on the Baltimore Sun that we are the most aggressive team for Pace. I can't see why since we've already got Willie. I guess its a money issue. Also, what do you guys think about James Laurinatis? Alot of so called "experts" are giving him to us in there mocks. whats yalls take on him?

No James L. They seem to think that since we lost Scott we are in dire need of an ILB, but in reality we've got Gooden and Burgess who are our future at ILB (Gooden more so than Burgess). Laurinitis doesn't really fit the 3-4, and in ours you need to be strong to shed blockers which he really struggles with.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-22-2009, 06:08 PM
No James L. They seem to think that since we lost Scott we are in dire need of an ILB, but in reality we've got Gooden and Burgess who are our future at ILB (Gooden more so than Burgess). Laurinitis doesn't really fit the 3-4, and in ours you need to be strong to shed blockers which he really struggles with.

yeah that was exactly what I think, I can't see how he is being projected as a Raven on many mock drafts.

ChefMike
03-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Well I think we should bring in Orlando... Still think he can add value to us.

ChewyRaven318
03-26-2009, 09:52 AM
Well I think we should bring in Orlando... Still think he can add value to us.

The only REAL reason I can think of is that they are worried about the RT play and depth at the position. RT play wasn't horrible(especially with the unbalanced line schemes of Cam), but maybe Tackle depth is a bit slim, with Terry not proven a good LT or Anderson being way too old to play anything but RT. If something serious happened to Gaither, our line would be in trouble.

That brings me to another point, maybe they don't think David Hale and/or Oniel Cousins are developing well at this point, especially if they wanted either one at tackle.

coordinator0
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
The only REAL reason I can think of is that they are worried about the RT play and depth at the position. RT play wasn't horrible(especially with the unbalanced line schemes of Cam), but maybe Tackle depth is a bit slim, with Terry not proven a good LT or Anderson being way too old to play anything but RT. If something serious happened to Gaither, our line would be in trouble.

That brings me to another point, maybe they don't think David Hale and/or Oniel Cousins are developing well at this point, especially if they wanted either one at tackle.

I think they viewed Cousins as a potential RT, but IDK. I think his arms are too short to play on the outside, but he could make a great guard IMO. Especially with Yanda's injury I think he would be good for depth and maybe even a starter one day (he's still pretty ray for an OL). I don't have much Hope for Hale because most NFL teams only carry 8 or 9 OL on the roster at a time. That would be Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Yanda, Anderson, Terry, Cousins, and Chester at this point if we sticked with 8. I think that we really only need to upgrade the RT position, and Pace may be able to do that.