PDA

View Full Version : just a quick thought

Buttered toast sonic
03-18-2009, 11:31 AM
most agree that a lot of running backs have only so many carries in their bodies before they break down, so I've been wondering, why don't more RB's go the knowshawn moreno route and redshirt? save a year, less impact, all the good stuff

Halsey
03-18-2009, 12:27 PM
Moreno didn't choose to redshirt. UGA had 3 other future NFL RB's playing the year Moreno redhirted, so the coaching staff decided to redshirt him instead of having another RB sharing the carries. I've never heard of a player asking to be redshirted when the team wants him to play.

brat316
03-18-2009, 12:30 PM
They don't get that option to redshirt.

Geason Noceur
03-18-2009, 01:07 PM
most agree that a lot of running backs have only so many carries in their bodies before they break down, so I've been wondering, why don't more RB's go the knowshawn moreno route and redshirt? save a year, less impact, all the good stuff

You also have to take into account that college coaches want to get more out of a good RB than only two years. Mark Richt said that he really regretted having redshirted Moreno. College coaches' primary goal is winning games not preparing and conserving players for the NFL.

I KNOW IT ALL
03-18-2009, 01:25 PM

Well they need to prove themselves as football players for one thing. I think the improvement college players get from actually playing far outweighs any wear and tear they'll acquire getting that experience.