PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams (S) Visiting Cincy

StripedWalrus
03-18-2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/18/roy-williams-visiting-cincinnati/

Seems Roy Williams is taking a stop in Cincy. Would be an interesting player sign...I don't really know much about him other than he played for Dallas. What do you guys think about this?

LonghornsLegend
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Our beat writer has been predicting him to end up in Cincy for awhile now, the Zimmer connection makes sense, he worked with Roy when he had his best years so if anyone knows how to bring out the best of him it will be him.

jj45
03-18-2009, 11:49 PM
He needs a good rangey FS playing next to him to suceed unless u have that I wouldn't take a chance one him the only place I actually like him is to the ravens everyone looks good next to ed reed but he doesn't like the 3-4 defense

thule
03-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Not true...he played his best when he had Darren Woodson next to him....he just needs a vet with experience. But I don't think he'll ever be what he was in his glory days....he is too into religion right now imo.

MooshooGawd
03-19-2009, 06:45 AM
It's a bit odd. Safety seems to be one position that we're solid at as is. Maybe they're looking at him as a linebacker?

Bengals78
03-19-2009, 12:22 PM
I think they are looking for the big hit prescence on defense. Like stated before, he played well under Zimmer before and might again. I like the fit. If Zimmer plays him well and in the right way, he would be a nice addition.

StripedWalrus
03-19-2009, 01:59 PM
It's a bit odd. Safety seems to be one position that we're solid at as is. Maybe they're looking at him as a linebacker?

I think I read somewhere they might move Crocker to nickel CB...

thule
03-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Nickel situations would probably be the last time you want Roy on the field....move to will has been talked about tho...I don't think he could do it in zimmers scheme tho.

PalmerToCJ
03-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Thought the idea was terrible but I forgot about his Zimmer connection, that would make sense and I'd be for it. Only thing that sucks is we're pretty well off at saftey for the first time this decade lol.

Maybe they're wanting to use him and Chinny in run situations and put in White for passing situations? White seemed to struggle in run coverage a bit but I liked what he brought in coverage.

Bengals78
03-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I like the idea of White replacing him on passing situations. I think with Zimmer he [Williams] could regain his former self.

Wasn't his biggest problem in Big D the defense they were running?

Paul
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
I like the idea of White replacing him on passing situations. I think with Zimmer he [Williams] could regain his former self.

Wasn't his biggest problem in Big D the defense they were running?

That's what his excuse was. For a guy whose MO was game changing hits and plays in the run game, he was pretty much non-existent in both for the past 3-4 years. Compound that with his incompetence in coverage and you have yourself a player with more complaints and excuses, than you do a player who will work his ass off trying to prove everyone wrong. So I am a little skeptical that he could ever regain his former self back.

staubach41
03-20-2009, 07:30 PM
I don't really like the idea, i think with the four safeties of white, lynch, indukwe, and crocker we are set at safety, may just turn into waste of cap space or they would let go of lynch or white and they both are promising young players

Shahin
03-28-2009, 03:10 PM
I don't like it if he comes in and gets handed the job. If it's a competition, or they rotate him in on specific downs, i'm happy.