PDA

View Full Version : your top ten favorite bust

jj45
03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
I know favorite and bust are total oxymorons but still I wanna know ur favorite bust college or pros

1. Ryan leaf
2. Mike Williams
3. Tony Mandarich
4. Curtis Enis
5. Fred Rouse
6. Todd Marinovich
7. David Carr
8. Charles Rogers
9. Maurice Clarett
10. Phillip Buchanon

Cicero
03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
The ones you were happy to see bust? Or players you liked in college that were busts?

ThePudge
03-19-2009, 01:28 AM
10. Phillip Buchanon

Why Buchannon there? 18 career Ints, 5 of which were returned for Tds. Still a starting CB in the NFL. He has really picked himself up with two solid years in a row for the Bucs and now is slated to be the Detroit Lions #1.

BRAVEHEART
03-19-2009, 02:11 AM
The ones you were happy to see bust? Or players you liked in college that were busts?

Probably the latter.

if so

1. Mike Williams (WR,USC)
As a USC guy, this dude was like jesus to me. I can't think of a any WR who would "physically" embarrass the defenders like BMW did (on the college level).

2. Maurice Clarett (TB,tOSU)
Just like BMW this dumbass thought he could jump to the nfl when he wanted to. Really played with alot of heart and moxy and was a real leader on the college level.

3. Brian Bosworth (LB, OU)
The coolest LB in NCAA history (well sorta)...too bad he wasn't the "Boz" in the pros.

4. Rae Carruth (WR, CU)
Dude was one ruthless vato, eh?

5. Ryan Leaf (QB, WSU)
Could've been peyton manning...

I'll wait till next year to list the rest of bustees.

batsandgats
03-19-2009, 03:34 AM
the same names get mentioned over and over but yet there are tons of first round picks that amount to medicority or nothing and never get mentioned, its always the same names. Ryan Leaf can't help that he was in the same draft as Manning. Every year theres an article on him or Tony Mandarich.

Scotty D
03-19-2009, 03:40 AM
www.lions.com/depthchart

Matthew Jones
03-19-2009, 03:43 AM
David Carr, Rashaun Woods, David Pollack (although he only busted by ending his career with a neck injury), Vince Young were my favorite recent ones.

BigBanger
03-19-2009, 04:28 AM
Joey Harrington - QB - Oregon
Mike Williams - OT - Texas
Alex Smith - QB - Utah
Troy Williams - WR - South Carolina
Roy Williams - WR - Texas
DeAngelo Hall - CB - Virginia Tech
Byron Leftwich - QB - Marshall
Kyle Boller - QB - Cal
William Green - RB - Boston College
TJ Duckett - RB - Michigan State
Ashley Lelie - WR - Hawai'i
Matt Jones - QB - Arkansas
Michael Clayton - WR - LSU
JP Losman - QB - Tulane
Reggie Williams - WR - Washington

I like all those busts because I thought they all sucked.

no love
03-19-2009, 08:07 AM
I think Alex Smith falls into the category of Kijana Carter type of busts. It's not so much that Alex has been THAT bad. But he has been injured for most of his career. Although what qb who has played for the 49ers has not been injury prone.

marshallb
03-19-2009, 08:30 AM
Joey Harrington - QB - Oregon
Mike Williams - OT - Texas
Alex Smith - QB - Utah
Troy Williams - WR - South Carolina
Byron Leftwich - QB - Marshall
Kyle Boller - QB - Cal
William Green - RB - Boston College
TJ Duckett - RB - Michigan State
Ashley Lelie - WR - Hawai'i
Matt Jones - QB - Arkansas
Michael Clayton - WR - LSU
JP Losman - QB - Tulane
Reggie Williams - WR - Washington

I like all those busts because I thought they all sucked.

I believe you mean Troy Williamson.

SimonRath
03-19-2009, 08:52 AM

i think theyre pretty damn good in my book

Flippityskip91
03-19-2009, 09:24 AM
You could fill out the top ten with the Browns 1st rounders since they came back...

jnew76
03-19-2009, 09:37 AM
i think theyre pretty damn good in my book

Yeah, those are some huge second contracts for busts.

jj45
03-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Why Buchannon there? 18 career Ints, 5 of which were returned for Tds. Still a starting CB in the NFL. He has really picked himself up with two solid years in a row for the Bucs and now is slated to be the Detroit Lions #1.

With that speed and and sizes every one thought he was gonna be the next deion but he has been on like 5 teams and his career and not because he wanted too and most of his picks come from playing nickel

bored of education
03-19-2009, 09:51 AM
1. Ryan Sims

jj45
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
Oh and I forgotten cedric benson everyone in chicago saw ricky williams when first came out. He may have played decent for the bengals but he sucked for the bears and he cost us thomas jones

OaklandRaider56
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Ryan Leaf, I hate the chargers.

bigbluedefense
03-19-2009, 03:22 PM
Im only doing recent guys:

*under the assumption you meant guys i liked coming out*

Bobby Carpenter
Jamal Anderson
AJ Hawk
Robert Gallery
Matt Leinart
Cadillac Williams
Michael Huff
Reggie Bush
Winston Justice
Kamerion Wimbley

WMD
03-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I like Gianna Michaels' bust.

Cerni88
03-19-2009, 03:33 PM
1. Rex Grossman

2. Michael Haynes

both in one draft, one round

SimonRath
03-19-2009, 03:36 PM
AJ Hawk
Matt Leinart
Michael Huff

i dont think Hawk or Huff have been a bust at all
an i still think Matt could be good if he ever gets a fair chance

initial_flo
03-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Don't sleep on Mike Williams, he just needs more time!!111

I keep telling myself that anyway.

Babylon
03-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Aundray Bruce

BufFan71
03-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Michael Westbrook

c'mon 6'4 230lbs 4.3 forty....
Stephen Davis called him out and called him ***.... next thing you know.. Westbrook retires

etk
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
1. Ryan Sims

We'll see about that.

1. Vince Young
2. Reggie Bush (well, sort of)

The rest:

Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich, any FSU or UF bust, any Bucs WR bust, Matt Jones, just to name a few.

the decider13
03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Boz...he was so cool.

PoopSandwich
03-19-2009, 06:49 PM
1. Tim Couch
2. Courtney Brown
3. Gerard Warren
4. William Green
5. Jeff Faine
6. Kellen Winslow
7. Braylon Edwards
8. Kamerion Wimbley
9. Joe Thomas
10. Brady Quinn

Just wait, they'll all be busts soon enough.

batsandgats
03-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Jeff Faine? really? Quinn is still developing. Winslow is a good receiving tight end but has problems.

PoopSandwich
03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Jeff Faine? really? Quinn is still developing. Winslow is a good receiving tight end but has problems.

nevermind you didnt get it

CC.SD
03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
1. Nadine Jansen
2. Bar Rafaeli
3. Megan Fox
4. Marissa Moore
5. Yulia Nova
6. Ashley Ellison
7. Jessica Rabbit
8. Katy Perry
9. Mrs. Lance, 3rd grade instructor

10. Jamarcus Russell.

LonghornsLegend
03-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Disclaimer: If you were drafted by Oakland you cannot be declared a bust until you go to another team and suck there also...Until then you just put an * by all of Oaklands 1st rounders that do not pan out :D

Loggerhead
03-19-2009, 07:32 PM
David Carr- I thought he was decent in Houston, hell he led the league in completion percentage one year. He just hasn't got over his PTSD from being hit so much.

Jimmy Williams- As a VT fan I thought he was the **** in college, then he became a waste of oxygen in the NFL.

Dan Morgan- The reason I put him as a bust is because the man was never able to stay on the field. That being said however, I have never seen anyone leave it all on the field like Morgan could. The real shame is that he was a Hall of Fame talent, see the SB against the Pats.

Brent
03-19-2009, 08:08 PM
-Joey Harrington
-David Carr
-Kyle Boller
-Charlie Frye
-Tyrone Calico
-Rashaun Woods
-Jerome McDougle
-Mike Rumph

etk
03-19-2009, 08:10 PM
-Joey Harrington
-David Carr
-Kyle Boller
-Charlie Frye
-Tyrone Calico
-Rashaun Woods
-Jerome McDougle
-Mike Rumph

Calico is an interesting case. I don't remember him being that high of a draft pick but he had so much athletic ability. I know he had injury problems but I was always a fan of his and expected him to explode eventually. Credit to you for thinking of him.

Rumph was awful....McDougle was always hurt.

Pitt
03-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Jaguars Receivers.

NotRickJames
03-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Eh, interceptions aren't a good way to measure the ability of an NFL cornerback. Phillip Buchanan is a mediocre cover corner at best, except he's got playmaking ability which helps people ignore his other weaknesses

etk
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Eh, interceptions aren't a good way to measure the ability of an NFL cornerback. Phillip Buchanan is a mediocre cover corner at best, except he's got playmaking ability which helps people ignore his other weaknesses

Hardly the case at all with PBuc. Since he arrived in Tampa, he's been a solid cover corner and willing in run support. If anything his problem has been his hands and ball skills. He's always tight to his man but he often gets beat to the ball and drops a lot of INTs.

Sounds to me like you have no ******* clue what you're talking about and just hate Buchanon for no apparent reason.

bigbluedefense
03-19-2009, 08:22 PM
i dont think Hawk or Huff have been a bust at all
an i still think Matt could be good if he ever gets a fair chance

Mediocre WILLs drafted #6 overall are not busts? AJ Hawk is the definition of a bust until he proves otherwise under Capers. I always thought he was a MIKE, but even as a MIKE this past year he was average at best. So there goes that.

Huff was billed as a ballhawk gamechanging FS. He hasn't done a thing in the NFL. Has like 2 career INTs. He's a bust until proven otherwise too.

Mr. Hero
03-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Im only doing recent guys:

*under the assumption you meant guys i liked coming out*

Bobby Carpenter
Jamal Anderson
AJ Hawk
Robert Gallery
Matt Leinart
Cadillac Williams
Michael Huff
Reggie Bush
Winston Justice
Kamerion Wimbley

OUtside of Leinart I liked all of those guys as well. I've been most disappointed by Jamal Anderson and Robert Gallery though. I thought Gallery was going to be dominant and I though Jamal Anderson would be a better version of what tuck has become.

Calico is an interesting case. I don't remember him being that high of a draft pick but he had so much athletic ability. I know he had injury problems but I was always a fan of his and expected him to explode eventually. Credit to you for thinking of him.

Rumph was awful....McDougle was always hurt.

calico was a second round pick if my memory isn't failing me. He's so similar to giants second round bust Tim Carter, a long WR with great deep speed, constant injuries and poor to unbelievably terrible hands.

BigTron
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Jake Grove. He was anything but nasty and thats how everyone described him! I had a nasty time watching him block big DT's.

batsandgats
03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
every penn st rb

batsandgats
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
aj hawk has been an above average linebacker
reggie bush, despite not being a good runner, hes a good receiver out of the backfield and defenses have to account for him, should they have went where they did? probably not but i wouldnt call either of them busts

batsandgats
03-19-2009, 09:27 PM
wr: Josh Reed , Mike Williams, Koren Robinson (somewhat) and every 1997 1st round WR except Ike Hilliard: Reidel Anthony, Yatil Green and Rae Carruth were all busts.

DE: Courtney Brown, Erasmus James and Cedric Jones were busts

phlysac
03-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Players that I absolutely LOVED in college that BUSTED as First Round Selections

1. Quentin Coryatt - Linebacker - Texas A&M
2. Vaughn Dunbar - Running Back - Indiana
3. Marvin Jones - Linebacker - Florida State
4. Dan McGwire - Quarterback - San Diego State
5. Courtney Brown - Defensive End - Penn State
6. David Boston - Wide Receiver - Ohio State
7. Andre Ware - Quarterback - Houston
8. William Green - Running Back - Boston College
9. Charles Johnson - Wide Receiver - Colorado
10. Tim Couch - Quarterback - Kentucky