PDA

View Full Version : Your 2008 All-Rookie team

SKim172
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I was watching NFLTA's retrospective on the 2006 QBs and I was thinking - what is your 2008 All-Rookie team, one year later? How does it compare with the 2008 All-Prospect team you had in your head? How many did you get right?

AntoinCD
03-19-2009, 04:29 PM
QB-Matt Ryan
RB-Chris Johnson
RB-Matt Forté
WR-DeSean Jackson
WR-Eddie Royal
TE-John Carlson
LT-Ryan Clady
LG-Jeremy Zuttah\
OC-Mike Pollack - Not too sure on interior lineman rookies
RG-Chilo Rachal /
RT-Jeff Otah

DE-Philip Merling
DT-Sedrick Ellis
DT-Jason Jones
DE-Kendall Langford
OLB-Keith Rivers
MLB-Jerod Mayo
OLB-Bryan Kehl
CB-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
FS-Kenny Phillips
SS-Chris Horton
CB-Antoine Cason

*Obvious omittions include Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, Jake Long(very unfortunate due to the great play of Clady), Run DMC

A few surprises especially both Dolphin ends, especially as they play in a 34, however I couldn't think of anyone else except Cliff Avril who is just a pass rusher-albeit a good one

NIN1984
03-19-2009, 04:58 PM
That's a good looking team but I would have Brandon Flowers starting over Cason and maybe, maybe Marcus Harrison starting over Jones.

AntoinCD
03-19-2009, 05:39 PM
I was thinking of Flowers but thought Cason was fantastic and quite underrated as the Chargers nickel. Flowers probably should be there as he started but sure. I have to disagree about Jones. I thought he was a great impact player, now whether or not that was due to playing on a great line has to be seen but I really liked him last year

BufFan71
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I dont see how someone could put Antoine Cason or Brandon Flowers over Leodis McKelvin at CB

SuperMcGee
03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
I dont see how someone could put Antoine Cason or Brandon Flowers over Leodis McKelvin at CB

McKelvin doesn't belong on there at all unless you're listing a returner.

BamaFalcon59
03-19-2009, 06:52 PM

Because McKelvin is a good return man while Flowers is a good (soon to be great) cornerback.

Flowers was very good for the Chiefs on a defense that had a historically bad pass rush. Once he gets a pass rush to help him out, and some more experience too, he will be among the top cornerbacks in the league.

BufFan71
03-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Because McKelvin is a good return man while Flowers is a good (soon to be great) cornerback.

Flowers was very good for the Chiefs on a defense that had a historically bad pass rush. Once he gets a pass rush to help him out, and some more experience too, he will be among the top cornerbacks in the league.

are u really trying to say McKelvin isnt a good cornerback?

wow

Buffalo's pass rush was also absolutely horrible... So you could also say the same thing about Leodis

BamaFalcon59
03-19-2009, 07:40 PM

wow

Buffalo's pass rush was also absolutely horrible... So you could also say the same thing about Leodis

He's good, just not on Flowers' level. And Buffalo's wasn't as bad as Kansas City's.

Frycicle
03-19-2009, 08:03 PM
QB-Matt Ryan
RB-Steve Slaton
RB-Matt Forté
WR-DeSean Jackson
WR-Eddie Royal
TE-John Carlson
LT-Ryan Clady
LG-Jeremy Zuttah
OC-Mike Pollack
RG-Chilo Rachal
RT-Jake Jong

DE-Chris Long
DT-Sedrick Ellis
DT-Jason Jones
DE-Cliff Avril
OLB-Keith Rivers
MLB-Curtis Lofton
OLB-Jerod Mayo
CB-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
FS-Kenny Phillips
SS-Chris Horton
CB-Brandon Flowers

BamaFalcon59
03-19-2009, 08:05 PM
Lofton would probably be second team middle linebacker, but not Douglas. Douglas was good, but a few wide receivers were better than him.

etk
03-19-2009, 08:07 PM
KR/PR = Clifton Smith.

Zuttah is more of a RG (IDK what side Rachal is on).

Frycicle
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I made my own team with changes.

kmartin575
03-20-2009, 04:39 AM

wow

Was it historically horrible? 10 sacks in a season horrible? I doubt it.

Bald_81
03-20-2009, 04:43 AM
How could someone place either Langford or Merling ahead of Chris Long? Not to be a homer, but he is much more deserving than either of them. I would have been less offended if you chose to put Trevor Scott on there instead of him, but not Merling or Langford. To the guy who listed Long and Avril, well done my friend.

kiranadwaney
03-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Pre Season

QB Matt Ryan
RB Kevin Smith
FB Jerome Felton
WR James Hardy
LT Jake Long
LG Brandon Albert
OC Mike Pollak
RG Chilo Rachel
RT Gosder Cherilius
TE Dustin Keller
WR Jordy Nelson

LE Derrick Harvey
DT Sedrick Ellis
DT Glenn Dorsey
RE Chris Long
SLB Vernon Gholston
MLB Curtis Lofton
WLB Keith Rivers
CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie
FS Kenny Phillips
SS Tyrell Johnson
CB Aquib Talib

Post Season

QB Matt Ryan
RB Matt Forte
RB Chris Johnson
WR Eddie Royal
LT Ryan Clady
LG Carl Nicks
OC Jamey Richard
RG Mike Pollak
RT Jeff Otah
TE John Carlson
WR DeSean Jackson

LE Cliff Avril
DT Sedrick Ellis
DT Jason Jones
RE Chris Long
SLB Curtis Lofton
MLB Jerod Mayo
WLB Keith Rivers
CB Dominidue Rodgers Cromartie
FS Kenny Phillips
SS Chris Horton
CB Brandon Flowers

PACKmanN
03-20-2009, 02:40 PM
kiranadwaney's list is the only correct one, no Jordyzzz= fail.

foozball
03-20-2009, 04:54 PM
steve slaton anyone? more rushing yards than either johnson or forte and tied for rushing TDs

kiranadwaney
03-20-2009, 05:35 PM
kiranadwaney's list is the only correct one, no Jordyzzz= fail.

i had jordy in but i had to take him out to make it legit.

wicket
03-20-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm pretty happy, there should be two saints on that list in ellis and nicks (those of you who have rashal over nicks I really dont understand that)

art vandelay
03-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Was it historically horrible? 10 sacks in a season horrible? I doubt it.

Not that bad but we were stuck with Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay as our primary ends, and neither are pass-rushers, they are more of run defenders. Nobody on the Bills had more than 4 sacks themselves last season.

Chief Papabear
03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
As a Chiefs fan let me tell you we got a steal with Flowers. Guy's going to be a constant threat to make the probowl for the next ten years.

Branden Albert should be in contention for one of the top 2 tackle spots, although Otah might be a better fit at RT. But the transition he made, despite being injured for some preseason and some TC, was absolutely amazing. He's going to be a rock for us, too.

Splat
03-26-2009, 12:17 PM

The Chiefs had 10 sacks as a team all year!!!

BuffaloBillsDraft
03-26-2009, 12:50 PM
He's good, just not on Flowers' level.

Mckelvin was as good as any rookie CB last year. Add in the fact he was one of the best kickoff return men in the NFL, then that puts McKelvin in front of anyone IMO.

Splat
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Mckelvin was as good as any rookie CB last year. Add in the fact he was one of the best kickoff return men in the NFL, then that puts McKelvin in front of anyone IMO.

I don't see how being a good KR puts him in front of other CB's that is a different topic all together.

d34ng3l021
03-26-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't see how being a good KR puts him in front of other CB's that is a different topic all together.

Agreed. Flowers and DRC were better CBs than McKelvin last year. I would rather have my CB be a better cover man than a return man.

Texas Homer
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I think Slaton has to be on the list. 268 carries 1282 yds. 4.8 avg 9 TD's Rushing and 1 Receiving TD.

LT Duane Brown ain't bad either.

Splat
03-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Just a crazy RB class last year so many great backs.

etk
03-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Pretty sure Slaton was close to winning the AFC rushing title....

bucs-buffs-avs
03-26-2009, 05:09 PM
He may not be on the list due to several good rookie CB seasons, but Aqib Talib was very good last year. He was tied for the league lead of INT's for a rookie with 4.