PDA

View Full Version : F My Draft.

LookItsAlDavis
03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
What was your worst memory of draft weekend? When were you the most disappointed in your team with their picks?

Mine was the 2004 draft. I really wanted Oakland to take Roethlisberger or Fitzgerald, but instead we took Gallery. I admit, I was just wanted the QB or WR because they were the flashier picks.

MooshooGawd
03-19-2009, 08:49 PM
The year was 2004. Bengal fans weren't used to having to wait so long to draft. Finally, after hours and hours, the Bengals are on the clock. Oh my god! Steven Jackson had fallen right into their lap! Screw you Corey Dillon! We're about to get our next superstar!

But then the Bengals trade the pick to St. Louis, who then takes Steven Jackson. Ugh. This process repeats itself a few minutes later. Kevin Jones - the elusive back from Virginia Tech has fallen to us! Take him!

"With the 26th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Cinicinnati Bengals select: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan."

Worst. Draft Moment. Ever.

Also last year sucked when everyone and their mother knew that New Orleans was going to trade up for Sedrick Ellis so that the Bengals wouldn't take him and they did just that.

03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Also last year sucked when everyone and their mother knew that New Orleans was going to trade up for Sedrick Ellis so that the Bengals wouldn't take him and they did just that.

Was it really that bad? You can't go wrong with either Trojan. They're both studs. :)

NIN1984
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Being an SC fan I really want Matt Leinart and the Raiders took Huff, I was really upset the whole day.

03-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Being an SC fan I really want Matt Leinart and the Raiders took Huff, I was really upset the whole day.

I remember being a bit stunned by it all. I'll take Jamarcus now though, much better fit for our style of attack.

Crickett
03-19-2009, 08:56 PM
"With the 26th pick in the 2004 NFL Draft, the Cinicinnati Bengals select: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan."

Worst. Draft Moment. Ever.

Really? Because every Bengals fan I talked to defended that pick to death, even years later.

SimonRath
03-19-2009, 08:57 PM
i was really upset that the falcons took matt ryan ahead of glenn dorsey last year..
boy was i stoned that day

BaLLiN
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
well i was really pissed when the jets traded up for Darrell Revis, and although before i saw that Aaron Ross was old i thought Ross was still a great pick.

Well Revis is a shutdown corner who makes ridiculous 1 hand interceptions (was it in the pro bowl?) and the giants took Ross who is pretty decent, but not at all at Revis's level

yourfavestoner
03-19-2009, 09:03 PM
I punched a hole in the wall when the Jaguars selected Matt Jones.

WAREhouse
03-19-2009, 09:07 PM
For the Cowboys, It is 2006 (Followed closely by 2004)
heres a review of our picks that year

Bobby Carpenter-Mr.Barbie Carpenter, can't produce, talks sh-t, and is held in contempt by his teammates. He is the epitome of a bust, and I can't believe that I wanted this guy to be picked. I remember looking at Scott's mock which had us taking Santonio Holmes and raging over that. Boy, I wish, we could have Santonio

Anthony fasano-Good Player, but didn't produce much for us. Goes to Miami, and starts to blossom and make plays everywhere. I was angry with the pick, and I was angry that we didn't take the time to develop him once we had him, but Martellus Bennett is a stud.

Jason Hatcher-Has been a backup the last couple years, but is not a bad player. He'll finally get his chance to prove himself this year, with Chris Canty gone, and that could show whether this pick was another waste in a forgettable draft, or the one shining light in a terrible draft.

Skyler Green-We cut him promptly after the season ended. I knew he couldn't catch at all, but damn he couldn't even return kicks with his bum ass.

Pat Watkins-Good ST player, hasn't proven himself much at Safety, and he's always hurt. I think he can be a good Free Safety however.

Montavious Stanley- Bum ass man, who has been on 5 teams in 3 years.

Pat Mcquistan-One of the ugliest human beings I've ever seen in my life, and a decent backup utility Lineman

E.J. Whitley-Couldn't hold down a roster spot as a CENTER IN THE CFL.

scar988
03-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I was royally pissed in the 2004 draft when we took Deangelo Hall over Dunta Robinson. 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003, I was calling for Reeves head. I was even more pissed in 2005 when we took Roddy White (though I calmed on him). I was good in 2006. 2007, I hated the Jamaal Anderson pick, but loved the Blalock and Houston picks.

Matthew Jones
03-19-2009, 09:10 PM
For New England, I've been kinda bummed out by Ben Watson and Logan Mankins. I've liked all the other recent first round picks. A lot of the time I hate their second day too, like in 2007 when they threw away like eight picks on practice squad players. The best ones were the Dillon trade, Moss trade, Vince Wilfork, and trade up for Chad Jackson (whoops!)

derza222
03-19-2009, 09:13 PM
'05 for the Jets. We traded a first round pick for a second and Doug ******* Jolley. Then we took a ******* kicker in the second round.

To make matters worse, the kicker (Nugent) didn't really pan out, and is no longer on the roster along with Jolley and Justin Miller, our other second round pick. And none of them are really any good, certainly not worth their selections. A massive 0/3.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-19-2009, 09:15 PM
since following the draft hardcore:

2004: Passing on Steven Jackson. UGH!
2006: Barbie and Fasano Loathed every pick
2008: I wanted Chris Johnson soo bad, while Felix has shown he was a good pick, I'm still not completely sold.

MooshooGawd
03-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Was it really that bad? You can't go wrong with either Trojan. They're both studs. :)
Well looking back at it it wasn't so bad. Saints got Ellis (but gave up a 3rd rounder) and the Bengals got Rivers and Pat Sims (the 3rd rounder that they would have had to give up to move up for Ellis).

But what was so bad about it was that everyone knew the Saints were going to move up to get our guy. Heck, even Scott had the trade in his final mock draft - and he never projects trades. It was just really hard to sit back and watch that unfold.

Mr.Regular
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I was completely stunned and pissed about the Justin Harrell pick. Still am.

coordinator0
03-19-2009, 09:24 PM
I can't say I've been disapointed with any early picks over the past few years for the Ravens at the time, but last year i was like WTF with Marcus Smith and David Hale in the 4th... I guess I'm spoiled.

Note - was not a NFL fan the year we took Boller (thank goodness).

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Chris Williams over Brandon Albert hurt last year. I loved Albert as a prospect and hated Williams.

Albert looks like a stud and Williams was out for pretty much the entire year and may end up being damaged goods.

Yeah, there are definitely worse picks, but that one still hurts, because it was so recent.

Fogcity_faithful
03-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Last year. Kentwan Balmer...nuff said. He was too raw to warrant the 1st round.

phlysac
03-19-2009, 09:31 PM
2004. The 49ers traded down twice. Missed out on the player I wanted (Vince Wilfork) and ended up with a player that managed to see the field in 4 games for his career. (Rashaun Woods)

SimonRath
03-19-2009, 09:32 PM
I was royally pissed in the 2004 draft when we took Deangelo Hall over Dunta Robinson. 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003, I was calling for Reeves head. I was even more pissed in 2005 when we took Roddy White (though I calmed on him). I was good in 2006. 2007, I hated the Jamaal Anderson pick, but loved the Blalock and Houston picks.

i must agree with all those. Jamaal was hell waiting to happen. one year wonder in college

Babylon
03-19-2009, 09:37 PM
1983. The Bills had just taken Jim Kelly one pick before my Pats were picking. Not to worry because Dan Marino was still on the board. Well the rest is history. Pats took Tony Eason, the Phins took Marino.

HawkEye30
03-19-2009, 09:50 PM
2008 first: the seahawks select lawrence jackson......wait, wait, wait who's lawrence jackson haha i definitely would have rather had phillip merling. although youve got to give ruskell some credit for trading up for carlson in round 2; another guy marcus tubbs- he got bit real bad by that injury bug

Paul
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
Skipping on S-Jax. I was ready to smack a *****.

SuperMcGee
03-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Trading up to take John McCargo. Ugh. Just... no. Definitely the worst for me.

I had a mixed reaction when we traded up for Losman. I didn't hate it, we needed to draft a QB, but I wanted Schaub :(

The memory of the first draft I ever watched is etched in my head. Unfortunately, that memory is of us taking Erik Flowers.

Me Likey Rookies
03-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Probably not my worst draft memory but passing on Steve Jackson for Michael Clayton hurt. Clayton changed my mind with his rookie year but then changed my mind again by sucking after that. Seems like everyone here is pissed for passing on SJax.

Also in 07, I really wanted Joe Thomas or CJ. With both gone, I wanted Brady Quinn or Okoye, and we got Adams (decent so far).

the decider13
03-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Trading up for Jarvis Moss...I turned off the draft right then

Mr. Hero
03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Ross over Nelson and Houston really pissed me off at the time. He's done a lot better than I expected for us although injures have plagued his young career.

Brothgar
03-19-2009, 10:18 PM
My number 1 was when we drafted IAF if I remember right we traded up to get him in the 2nd round ... The year before the the worst moment was when Elvis Dummerville was drafted after I've been yelling for us to take him since the beginning of the 3rd round

holt_bruce81
03-19-2009, 10:38 PM
When the Rams took Tye Hill over Antonio Cromartie.

WMD
03-19-2009, 11:15 PM
http://sidelionreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/mike_williams.jpg

I wanted Derrick Johnson so bad. I also would have liked Erasmus James at the time. Man, that sucked.

superman
03-19-2009, 11:48 PM
ted ginn

'nuff said

PACKmanN
03-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Justin Harrell, hated the pick because I really didn't know who he was.

kalbears13
03-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Last year's Browns draft. They had only a 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th. They got Beau Bell with the first 4th (got hurt). Traded up to get Martin Rucker (I was hoping they were trading up for Scandrick. Rucker who was hurt most of the year.) Then they drafted NT Ahtyba Rubin which was nice. Then draft Paul Hubbard who didn't do well in preseason and was on the practice squad until the whole WR core got hurt. The only good pick was our 7th rounder Alex Hall who at the time was a "Who???" pick.

jsa230
03-20-2009, 12:19 AM
Ahmad Carroll, we could have had gamble.

Justin Harrell...WHO THE F^^K IS THAT

Strawdog
03-20-2009, 12:20 AM
2007 Draft: Justin Medlock?

At the time I was also annoyed Quinn was taken one pick before KC, but that's healed and I think it might have been for the best.

akvikefan89
03-20-2009, 01:38 AM
2005 Vikings draft. I wanted Shawn Merriman at #7 and Mark Clayton at #18. Too bad I wasn't calling the shots... :eek:

Paranoidmoonduck
03-20-2009, 01:53 AM
Besides the inevitable "Who the **** is Stanford Routt?", I will say that no matter how awesome JaMarcus Russell does or does not become, I will always wish, to some degree, that Calvin Johnson was a Raider.

JohnCandy
03-20-2009, 09:20 AM

For me it was Cutler/Huff for the Raiders.

CC.SD
03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
2003; Bolts release Rodney Harrison. Troy Polamalu falls into our laps midway through the first...and we trade down and proceed to take Sammy Davis, CB, (one pick ahead of Nnamdi Asomugha, in retrospect) Terrence Kiel, S, and Drayton Florence, CB, with our first 3 picks. Way to fix the secondary, AJ. I fumed for days.

Then again we got Stephen Cooper, Kris Dielman, and Antonio Gates as UDFA that year so I guess everything comes around. And Scifres with a 5th.

Brent
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
As for the day of, last year was pretty bad.

I wanted Kenny Phillips or Gosder Cherilus, and we took Kentwan Balmer. I remember I yelled at the TV, "what the ****!?"

I grew up a Cal fan, so I wanted the Niners to take Rodgers #1 over Alex but they chose otherwise.

bitonti
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
1995 the entire audience is chanting "we want Sapp" and the Kotite Jets draft TE Kyle BRady. F my draft.

Paul
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
2003; Bolts release Rodney Harrison. Troy Polamalu falls into our laps midway through the first...and we trade down and proceed to take Sammy Davis, CB, (one pick ahead of Nnamdi Asomugha, in retrospect) Terrence Kiel, S, and Drayton Florence, CB, with our first 3 picks. Way to fix the secondary, AJ. I fumed for days.

Then again we got Stephen Cooper, Kris Dielman, and Antonio Gates as UDFA that year so I guess everything comes around. And Scifres with a 5th.

That year was ridiculously stacked at defensive backs.

Terrence Newman
Marcus Trufant
Troy Polamalu
Nnamdi Asomugha
Terrence McGee
Asante Samuel
Ike Taylor
Ken Hamlin
Charles Tillman

Pretty sick.

P-L
03-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Two words: Mike Williams

Me and my buddy were at work and his dad was texting us the picks that year. Suddenly he gets a text that that reads "det- mike williams, usc." So buddy texted him back saying "ha ha. who did we really take?" His dad's response was "not kidding. mike williams is a lion." That was devestating. We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why they passed on Shawne Merriman and Derrick Johnson.

VoteLynnSwan
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Two words: Mike Williams

Me and my buddy were at work and his dad was texting us the picks that year. Suddenly he gets a text that that reads "det- mike williams, usc." So buddy texted him back saying "ha ha. who did we really take?" His dad's response was "not kidding. mike williams is a lion." That was devestating. We spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why they passed on Shawne Merriman and Derrick Johnson.

i can answer your question pretty damn easily...

Because Matt Millen isn't very good at that whole drafting thing.

CashmoneyDrew
03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Both of our 05 and 06 first rounders. I followed the draft pretty well in 05 and I was completely shocked we took Pacman over Rolle. From the first interview I heard Pacman give I hated him.
In 06 I knew it would be given we'd take a qb(unless Reggie Bush fell to us). I really did not like VY as a pro prospect and wanted Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart. Needless to say I was very disappointed.

thebow305
03-20-2009, 11:41 AM
Probably 2006 for me.

We took Jason Allen. I think I was just in denial over the whole thing, because the writing was on the wall for that pick, based on Saban's SEC bias.

I really wanted Chad Jackson and was hoping that bias would go towards UF that year, but it didn't, and I guess it's a wash there anyway. I also really wanted Bobby Carpenter, Marcus McNeill, Cromartie, or Manny Lawson. I would have taken any of those players over Allen, but we didn't. :(

ndbigdave
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Though there have been quite a few I didnt like, the one that still haunts me to this day was...

Jim Drunkenmiller Qb - VTech

I was 12 that year and was already a huge NFL/49ers/Draft fan

I was totally sold on Jake Plummer as a guy who could be the next great 49ers QB - he was perfect (or very good) for our system and I just loved how he competed at the colligiate level. When I heard the pick of "drunkenmiller" I can literally remember being brought to tears because I was so angry.

The other two I can remember would be with Alex Smith - I honestly thought Rodgers was a better pick, but I deferred to our management and felt vindicated at first because of how far Rodgers fell...too bad I was right all along. The other was Balmer last year, no matter where I read a scouting report, they all said the same thing "talented, but with major bust factor" - I was just praying we wouldnt take Balmer of Gosder.

SimonRath
03-20-2009, 12:25 PM
i dont believe half of these "stories"

Grig
03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
As a Miami Dolphins fan, there have been plenty of disappointments throughout the years on draft day. However, the 2007 Ted Ginn pick over Brady Quinn was absolutely devastating at the time.

The draft had fallen on my college's "Block Party" weekend, which is basically the biggest party day of the year. I was out and about all day, but as the draft started I was constantly keeping tabs as to when Miami picked. The biggest potential hurdle to Quinn falling to Miami was Minnesota; when they took Adrian Peterson, it was all but a lock that he was going to the Dolphins.

I managed to duck into friend's house as the entire college population of the town was raging in the streets, and randomly ended up sitting next to three other Dolphins fans (we're in PA, it's kind of rare.) We were stoked, we all wanted Quinn, and it was actually happening. Falcons take Jamaal Anderson, it's Miami's turn. They take a ridiculous amount of time before they submit their pick, which should have been the first sign of trouble.

The entire room quieted down as Tagliabue went to the podium... and then we were all simultaneously destroyed as he announced Ted Ginn as the pick.

I honestly was flabbergasted. It almost ruined my day, though by the time they selected John Beck, I was drunk and had already given up hope on the new regime, so I was ready for a terrible pick.

Trading up for Vernon Carey in 2004 was pretty bad too. I wanted Shawn Andrews or D.J. Williams so badly, and they both got taken a couple of picks previously. Wasted a 4th just to move up one spot for Carey.

Iamcanadian
03-20-2009, 01:44 PM
When Matt Millen is your GM, every pick is painful when you know that about 1% will turnout any good and that is drafting top 10 practically every year. I don't think anybody will ever match his bust #'s over 7 years even if they were trying to do it. Of course, we still have the same owner who hired all the GM's who have produced 1 playoff appearance since he owned the team and his recent hire of Matt Millen's assistant begs the question, will he be any better????

GaMeTiMe
03-20-2009, 02:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BTej926Pvo

I wanted Eric Weddle SO bad that year. I mocked him to the Eagles in the first round (#24 overall? That's pure memory so reps needed if correct =D) for months leading up to the draft. The trade down looked beautiful. He however went to San Diego the pick after we took Kolb.

Crickett
03-20-2009, 02:09 PM
8BTej926Pvo

Fixed. :)

ManOverboard
03-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I'm a Jets fan.

Calvin & Kevin
03-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Mike Williams wasn't the end of the pain that day BY FAR.

Here is the Detroit Lions 2005 draft:

Rd 1: WR Mike Williams
Rd 2: DE Shaun Cody (on a TRADE UP that cost us our fourth round pick)
Rd 3: CB Stanley Wilson
Rd 5: QB Dan "Wrong Way" Orlovsky
Rd 6: DE Bill Swancutt
Rd 6: LB Jonathan Goddard

I dare any of you to show me a more disastrous draft year for any team.

Brent
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM

2002 - San Francisco 49ers

1 - Mike Rumph DB Miami (Fla.)
3 - Saleem Rasheed LB Alabama
4 - Jeff Chandler K Florida
4 - Kevin Curtis DB Texas Tech
5 - Brandon Doman QB Brigham Young
5 - Josh Shaw DT Michigan State
6 - Mark Anelli TE Wisconsin
7 - Eric Heitmann G Stanford
7 - Kyle Kosier T Arizona State
7 - Teddy Gaines -- Tennessee

Mr. Hero
03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
2002 - San Francisco 49ers

1 - Mike Rumph DB Miami (Fla.)
3 - Saleem Rasheed LB Alabama
4 - Jeff Chandler K Florida
4 - Kevin Curtis DB Texas Tech
5 - Brandon Doman QB Brigham Young
5 - Josh Shaw DT Michigan State
6 - Mark Anelli TE Wisconsin
7 - Eric Heitmann G Stanford
7 - Kyle Kosier T Arizona State
7 - Teddy Gaines -- Tennessee

Kosier and Heitman are both solid starters, so your 2002 seventh round picks clinch it as a better draft than detroit's 2005 attempt.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-20-2009, 02:31 PM

Cowboys 2001

2 - Quincy Carter, Georgia, QB
2 - Tony Dixon, Alabama, DB
3 - Willie Blade, Mississippi State, DT
4 - Markus Steele, USC, LB
5 - Matt Lehr, Virginia Tech, G
6 - Daleroy Stewart, Southern Mississippi, DT
7 - Colston Weatherington, Central Missouri State, DE
7 - John Nix, Southern Mississippi, DT
7 - Char-ron Dorsey, Florida State, T

Traded up for Quincy

first rounder part of trade for Joey Galloway

:/

Go_Eagles77
03-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Easily when the eagles took Kolb, that was a total head scratcher and just pissed me off.

SKim172
03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
As a Rutgers fan in 2007, I was eager to find out where Brian Leonard might be going. At the time, the buzz among fans was that the Giants was interested in picking up the hometown hero. The buzz online by and large was in agreement, except for a small article that Leonard had worked out for the Rams in St. Louis and his agent declared in a public interview, "The Rams are very interested in Brian." We all wrote this off as a smokescreen.

I was on a Rutgers fansite, following the draft. The Giants' pick in the second round rolled around and we were all going, "Hey, I really think this might happen!" People were getting all excited - this was after the Barber retirement and Jacobs and Ward were still relative unknowns. People figured tailback was a huge need for the Giants. And then,

"The Giants select Steve Smith, receiver, USC."

The reaction was all "WTF!?!?!??! Steve Smith!?!?" Fans were blowing up.

And then, as they all settled down, I saw the Rams were on the clock and posted, "Heh, maybe the agent was right and the Rams will take him."

Moments after I clicked submit: "The Rams select Brian Leonard, running back, Rutgers."

For the record, I'm not a Giants fan and I haven't followed the draft for very long, but my friends were devout, so for me, it was disappointing that I wouldn't be able to watch Leonard on TV, but for them, it was fairly tragic.

Until Jacobs, Ward, and the other guy emerged. Then they totally forgot about Leonard.

CC.SD
03-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Until Jacobs, Ward, and the other guy emerged. Then they totally forgot about Leonard.

Sigh, if SD ever gets a Super Bowl win, I'll recite the entire roster daily as some kind of mantra for the rest of my life.

Brent
03-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Kosier and Heitman are both solid starters, so your 2002 seventh round picks clinch it as a better draft than detroit's 2005 attempt.
Kosier doesnt start for us and never did. In fact, he went to Dallas right after his contract and then he was a starter. The rest of the people from that draft didnt even stay with the team past their rookie contract... if they even made it that far. Outside Eric, this was a BUST of a draft.

NIN1984
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
2001 - Oakland Raiders
1. Derrick Gibson, S, Florida State
2. Marques Tuiasosopo, QB Washington
3. DeLawrence Grant, DE, Oregon State
5. Raymond Perryman, S, Northern Arizona
6. Chris Cooper, DE, Nebraska-Omaha
7a. Derek Combs, RB, Ohio State
7b. Ken-Yon Rambo, WR, Ohio State

not cool

Crickett
03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
2001 - Oakland Raiders
1. Derrick Gibson, S, Florida State
2. Marques Tuiasosopo, QB Washington
3. DeLawrence Grant, DE, Oregon State
5. Raymond Perryman, S, Northern Arizona
6. Chris Cooper, DE, Nebraska-Omaha
7a. Derek Combs, RB, Ohio State
7b. Ken-Yon Rambo, WR, Ohio State

not cool

Luxury pick. :D

03-20-2009, 05:13 PM

That other guy is Bradshaw, seventh rounder from the same draft (as opposed to taking Leonard in the second). I'd say the Giants made the right decision there.

Brown Leader
03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Want pain?
99 draft Tim Couch. Of the five that year I wanted McNabb. End of story.

thebow305
03-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Trading up for Vernon Carey in 2004 was pretty bad too. I wanted Shawn Andrews or D.J. Williams so badly, and they both got taken a couple of picks previously. Wasted a 4th just to move up one spot for Carey.

How can you say we wasted a 4th get Carey? He has started pretty much every game for us since we picked him and has been pretty solid in doing so.

It's funny how much different two people's opinions can be. I had been touting Ginn all along and when we actually picked him, I jumped around like a giddy little school girl. it was quite embarrassing actually, if you can imagine. I don't think my best friend has looked at me the same way since. :eek:

I really didn't want Quinn and really did not understand the fan hype for him down here. People were devasted, and for what? He's just not that good. I thought the same then and I haven't really been proven wrong since. In retrospect, Ginn wasn't that great a pick either and we should have gone with Partick Willis, but I was sure happy at the time.

JRTPlaya21
03-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Let's see. We passed on AD for Landry. I love Landry and all but then look down the line. Coulda gone after Willis, Revis, Lynch or Quinn. I won't give up on Campbell yet but I'm losing faith. Carlos Rogers over Ware, Merriman & Brown was worse too.

Saints-Tigers
03-20-2009, 06:57 PM
1999 draft:

1st round pick: Ricky Williams
3rd: traded for Ricky Williams
4th: traded for ricky williams
5th: traded for Ricky Williams
6th: traded for Ricky Williams
7th traded for Ricky Williams

1st rounder in 2000
3rd rounder in 2000

What's so sad is, there were times where it almost seemed worth it, and he could have consistently been that guy he was with the Dolphins.

thebow305
03-20-2009, 07:18 PM
2003 was pretty bad as well. If it wasn't for a little known 6th rounder named Yeremiah Bell, that draft would have been a complete FAILURE.

SKim172
03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Sigh, if SD ever gets a Super Bowl win, I'll recite the entire roster daily as some kind of mantra for the rest of my life.

Again, I'm not a Giants fan and I agree, 619, that Other Guy was a better pick than Leonard - I'm just conveying the feelings my Rutgers/Giants friends felt at that moment.