PDA

View Full Version : Cutler?

2 Live Crew
03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Do-Skins-want-Cutler-41399007.html

Will be interesting to see the take on this.

"Source says Washington has serious interest in QB"

What does everyone here think?

Canadian_draft_fan
03-20-2009, 11:36 AM
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Do-Skins-want-Cutler-41399007.html

Will be interesting to see the take on this.

"Source says Washington has serious interest in QB"

What does everyone here think?

this has already been denied by Cerrato. I'm not saying that's the end of it but i really think this whole "Cutler to Skins for Campbell etc." is internet BS. We'll see, I guess.

DiG
03-20-2009, 04:08 PM
this has already been denied by Cerrato. I'm not saying that's the end of it but i really think this whole "Cutler to Skins for Campbell etc." is internet BS. We'll see, I guess.

Cerrato never actually denied any interest in Cutler. He just said that Jason Campbell is right now our starter next year.

Personally, I'm all for packaging Campbell with picks/players for Cutler. I would love for Colt to get a chance but Cutler would be great for our offense.

treyskins
03-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Worth talkng to denver about but if they want 2 first rounders and a player and a Q.B. then forget it-wait until they come to their senses.
I have heard it is not jason campbell they would want but colt brennan as when mcdaniels was with new england they wanted to draft brennan but we got him first.
The Skins would have to find somewhere else to ship campbell to.It would be a 3 way trade.
If brennan is this popular then maybe we should keep our picks(y'know for the Lines)and develop brennan,but then again if campbell is not the answer then Zorn is likely fired.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Worth talkng to denver about but if they want 2 first rounders and a player and a Q.B. then forget it-wait until they come to their senses.
I have heard it is not jason campbell they would want but colt brennan as when mcdaniels was with new england they wanted to draft brennan but we got him first.
The Skins would have to find somewhere else to ship campbell to.It would be a 3 way trade.
If brennan is this popular then maybe we should keep our picks(y'know for the Lines)and develop brennan,but then again if campbell is not the answer then Zorn is likely fired.

McDaniels but like Brennan but he sure as hell aint trading Cutler and getting just Brennan in return no matter how many picks or whatever else he gets in addition. He may like Colt but as nothing more than a project. If he really loved Colt they would have taken him at least in the 5th round. Broncos sure as hell aint going into the season with Chris Simms as their QB.

DiG
03-21-2009, 09:56 AM
i saw that rumor too about colt but its complete bs. broncos are only going to trade cutler for a qb with starting experience plus maybe one pick. a 3 way trade is possible i guess but no chance colt is involved. guarantee campbell plus picks is all we offer.

critesy
03-21-2009, 11:59 AM
... guarantee nothing happens.

JRTPlaya21
03-22-2009, 05:28 PM
Agree on that one.

2 Live Crew
04-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Culter officially on the market now...

Doesn't it seem like a very Snyder thing to do to trade JC and some draft picks for him??

TaylorMade
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
I would love having Cutler for the next 10 years. Let's do it Vinny. Every year for the next 10 years, the team will be a serious playoff contender. I really can not say that with a straight face with Jason Campbell as the QB.

DiG
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I would love having Cutler for the next 10 years. Let's do it Vinny. Every year for the next 10 years, the team will be a serious playoff contender. I really can not say that with a straight face with Jason Campbell as the QB.

Im with you 100%. Although I can say that with a straight face about Colt :)

skinzzfan25
04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
If we get Cutler, and with Zorn, they put up like an 8-8 season....

I'm banking on Shanny comin to DC and Zorn getting the axe.

critesy
04-01-2009, 04:06 PM
only way i like this is if we get shanahan.. and how can you not say were in contention with campbell at QB... jay cutler has never been to the playoffs either. im not for this at all.

2 Live Crew
04-01-2009, 06:17 PM
lol that would be hilarious if we got shanahan

DiG
04-01-2009, 06:51 PM
and how can you not say were in contention with campbell at QB...

because he is not a leader. he is not reliable. he is not a good fit for this system.

critesy
04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
because he is not a leader. he is not reliable. he is not a good fit for this system.

ok.. that doesnt say anything about the playoffs though.. we almost made it last year in his first in this system, the defense couldnt stop a 4th quarter rushing attack and our offense never got to see the field. we would probably be in the playoffs if it wasnt for the mental lapses of the rams and bengals.

DiG
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Been reading around the web a lot today trying to stay up to speed on the Cutler happenings. It's pretty clear that there are a couple primary contenders for Cutler (Redskins, Jets, Bucs) but we know from experience that it doesn't always turn out to be one of the obvious teams thats ends up with the guy in these situations.

What I'm more interested in right now is what is going to happen to Campbell if the Skins don't get Cutler. I'm starting to think that no matter what Campbell is on his way out of DC. I know there has been a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to Campbells future amongst Skins fans. I personally have been on the "trade Campbell before he hits FA" train for quite a long time now and so I'm glad to see that it looks to be coming to this. The Skins are apparently asking for a 2nd rounder but I'm not sure they will get it. I'd be happy with an early 3rd though.

The one thing that I am hoping is that if we don't get Cutler and we still trade Campbell that we don't draft another quarterback this year. I would much rather bring in a Jeff Garcia and hand him the rings for a year and let him mentor Colt before we rushed into drafting a QB. Based on Colts preseason performance last season I would like to see what hes got especially after a season working with Garcia. Of course if we did land Cutler I'd be sad to see Colt not get his shot but I'll take Cutler over at least 75% of the quarterbacks in the NFL so I won't be upset to see Colt ride the pine for at least the rest of his contract.

703SKINS202
04-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Is Snyder willing to give up two first rounders? I'd kill myself although I do want Cutler because Jason is obviously on his way out and drafting a qb like u said would be atrocious. The Broncos are asking a lot but will they really get 2 1st rounders? I doubt it but what do you guys see as some possible trade scenarios to acquire Cutler?

Canadian_draft_fan
04-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Been reading around the web a lot today trying to stay up to speed on the Cutler happenings. It's pretty clear that there are a couple primary contenders for Cutler (Redskins, Jets, Bucs) but we know from experience that it doesn't always turn out to be one of the obvious teams thats ends up with the guy in these situations.

What I'm more interested in right now is what is going to happen to Campbell if the Skins don't get Cutler. I'm starting to think that no matter what Campbell is on his way out of DC. I know there has been a lot of mixed emotions when it comes to Campbells future amongst Skins fans. I personally have been on the "trade Campbell before he hits FA" train for quite a long time now and so I'm glad to see that it looks to be coming to this. The Skins are apparently asking for a 2nd rounder but I'm not sure they will get it. I'd be happy with an early 3rd though.

The one thing that I am hoping is that if we don't get Cutler and we still trade Campbell that we don't draft another quarterback this year. I would much rather bring in a Jeff Garcia and hand him the rings for a year and let him mentor Colt before we rushed into drafting a QB. Based on Colts preseason performance last season I would like to see what hes got especially after a season working with Garcia. Of course if we did land Cutler I'd be sad to see Colt not get his shot but I'll take Cutler over at least 75% of the quarterbacks in the NFL so I won't be upset to see Colt ride the pine for at least the rest of his contract.
After all this Cutler/Campbell talk i don't see Campbell staying with the skins beyond 2009 - we agree there.
I don't agree with you on Colt. i don't see him as anything more than a backup at the NFL level.
The Skins have screwed themselves either way. IMO. If they do get Cutler they'll overpay. If they don't get him, Campbell will leave after 2009 and the Skins will be even worse off without an NFL level starting QB.

2 Live Crew
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
The Skins are apparently asking for a 2nd rounder but I'm not sure they will get it. I'd be happy with an early 3rd though.

What? Where did you see this?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 03:42 PM
We were dumb enough to offer 2 firsts for Ocho Cinco last year so 2 first for Cutler would be fine by me.

critesy
04-02-2009, 04:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/

cutler to the bears, game over, thank you.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Well obviously damage control will have to begin. I still think there is a big chance though that we trade Campbell and might be targeting Mark Sanchez.

DiG
04-02-2009, 04:34 PM
i honestly think sanchez could end up going top 5 and at the latest 10th to the niners. we cant afford to move up to get him. i can only pray we get jeff garcia and trade campbell.