PDA

View Full Version : Is Colombo a FA or a Jet?

TNewFan41
03-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Someone said him signing with the Jets is a false report. So which one?

dc4life
03-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Someone said him signing with the Jets is a false report. So which one?

He's not a Jet. My guess is hes testing the market still and will come back to Dallas, and they'll re-sign him for market value.

TNewFan41
03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Same here.

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Colombo is largest city and commercial capitol of Sri Lanka

keylime_5
03-06-2007, 05:05 PM
False reports are ***

ks_perfection
03-06-2007, 06:30 PM
He isn't? I heard that a couple days ago.

TNewFan41
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
Nope, it is a false report.

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 03:42 PM
no hes not a jet, i wish he was, and apparently the jets do to, hes still on the marker, according to the Newark Star-Ledger
Unrestricted free agent Marc Columbo (Cowboys) is on their wish list, but they'll likely wait to see what develops down the road."

toonsterwu
03-08-2007, 04:01 PM
He'd be a good pickup for the Jets, and with an OL pickup in the 2nd or 3rd, they could really have a nice solid core in place. They are probably waiting for the price to drop somewhat. That said, I think Baltimore would be wise to pursue Columbo as an option, and Columbo's market could increase now that some of the chips are starting to fall into place. Heck, I don't think it would be a bad idea for the Giants to take a peak at Columbo as an option, Atlanta would be wise to perhaps take a peak at the situation, even Arizona is a team that I think would be wise to take a peak. Houston would be smart to take a look, Chiefs should probably take a look as well, Chargers would be smart to take a peak (as Olivea can move inside), and heck, maybe even the Steelers as well (Colon could work at guard, with Simmons to center, and Columbo taking Starks spot - not as if Starks was performing that great). I think the DOlphins would be smart to take a peak at the situation as well.

Not saying all those teams will look, but I do think that, now as the chips fall, a lot of teams may take a peak at the situation, and Columbo may find himself with some additional opportunities. Solid talent who has bounced back from the injuries.

D-Unit
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
He'd be a good pickup for the Jets, and with an OL pickup in the 2nd or 3rd, they could really have a nice solid core in place. They are probably waiting for the price to drop somewhat. That said, I think Baltimore would be wise to pursue Columbo as an option, and Columbo's market could increase now that some of the chips are starting to fall into place. Heck, I don't think it would be a bad idea for the Giants to take a peak at Columbo as an option, Atlanta would be wise to perhaps take a peak at the situation, even Arizona is a team that I think would be wise to take a peak. Houston would be smart to take a look, Chiefs should probably take a look as well, Chargers would be smart to take a peak (as Olivea can move inside), and heck, maybe even the Steelers as well (Colon could work at guard, with Simmons to center, and Columbo taking Starks spot - not as if Starks was performing that great). I think the DOlphins would be smart to take a peak at the situation as well.

Not saying all those teams will look, but I do think that, now as the chips fall, a lot of teams may take a peak at the situation, and Columbo may find himself with some additional opportunities. Solid talent who has bounced back from the injuries.
He performed well for us. Proved that he can pass protect against some of the best. He did have some help from our TEs, but overall did a fine job. Solid, yet unspectacular. Improvement in his run blocking would make him a complete tackle.