PDA

View Full Version : Poll for School Project

djp
03-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm in a Marketing class at school and have been assigned to create a new product.

Here is the product.

A baseball cap machine, that can shrink a cap, enlarge a hat, clean a hat, or curve a hat for you. It uses mechanical arms and acts as almost a mini-car wash for your hat when you choose to clean it. It is not too big, and is in the shape of a cube.

When you answer the poll, DO NOT CONSIDER the potential price of this product, only if you would be INTERESTED in purchasing/receiving something like this.

Thanks a lot guys!

iowatreat54
03-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Hell yes. I hate cleaning my hats.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
03-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Don't wear hats but I would buy that if I wore them.

skinzzfan25
03-23-2009, 03:18 PM
I'd but it.

But only with the guarantee that it could stretch/shrink appropriately without messing everything up.

JF4
03-23-2009, 03:36 PM
I also hate cleaning my hats. Definitely a buy.

the decider13
03-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Definately...my head is too damn big for most of the elastic hats out there. And all the nice ones are elastic :(

bearfan
03-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Naw, I really only wear one hat when I do wear them, and if I need it washed I throw it in the dishwasher. Maybe depending on the price, because I do have a few hats that I do like that are too tight on my head

vikes_28
03-23-2009, 04:30 PM
I want one. Right now. DJ...make me one!

tjsunstein
03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
I remember having so many fitteds that became too small and got dirty. Like 15. RIP. Right now I only have two fitteds, an U of Indiana and Phillies Stars and Stripes because I cant adjust the size and dont wana waste money.

So, yes.

JF4
03-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Definately...my head is too damn big for most of the elastic hats out there. And all the nice ones are elastic :(

Actually fitted = only legit hats.

Well I guess some elastics are nice but fitted is the only way to go.

CJSchneider
03-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I said yes, but it really would depend on the cost.

the decider13
03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Actually fitted = only legit hats.

Well I guess some elastics are nice but fitted is the only way to go.

True...I should go get some fitted hats, I just don't know my exact size. Have to try on a hat in the back to keep from the lice haha

M.O.T.H.
03-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Sure I'd buy one if it wasnt too costly...now, i'm off to the patent office for a totally unrelated manner.

Crickett
03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
I'm in a Marketing class at school and have been assigned to create a new product.

Here is the product.

A baseball cap machine, that can shrink a cap, enlarge a hat, clean a hat, or curve a hat for you. It uses mechanical arms and acts as almost a mini-car wash for your hat when you choose to clean it. It is not too big, and is in the shape of a cube.

When you answer the poll, DO NOT CONSIDER the potential price of this product, only if you would be INTERESTED in purchasing/receiving something like this.

Thanks a lot guys!

If your marketing class was anything like mine, get ready for some hilariously bad ideas/presentations.

steelersfan43
03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
I dont wear hats. I dont see how it would stretch and shrink it too.

or is it not supposed to be realistic?

Caddy
03-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't wear hats...

etk
03-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't wear hats...

OMG we have so much in commonzzzz.

lol I have 4 Bucs hats in my closet collecting dust.

yo123
03-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Hats bother me. But if I wore them, yeah why not?

fischbowl
03-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Hellz Yeah. Fisch is hats

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-23-2009, 08:02 PM
True...I should go get some fitted hats, I just don't know my exact size. Have to try on a hat in the back to keep from the lice haha

I'm a size 8 :/

Staubach12
03-23-2009, 08:12 PM
I love hats and a machine that cleans them and fits them to me would be the freakin' bomb.

Malaka
03-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Honestly, I never wear hats... so no. Maybe, if I did though.

gameplaya2435
03-23-2009, 08:27 PM
What are you thinking with a Voluntary Response Sample, don't you know how much bias is in this poll? The results are useless, you need to get some Simple Random Sampling up in here before you decide whether your product will sell!

/Stats class

djp
03-23-2009, 08:38 PM
What are you thinking with a Voluntary Response Sample, don't you know how much bias is in this poll? The results are useless, you need to get some Simple Random Sampling up in here before you decide whether your product will sell!

/Stats class

Haha, I know.. this is just a small part of the project, the majority of the points are from developing the marketing plan/ad campaign and determining a target market. I just have to show that there is a demand for the product from my target market

gameplaya2435
03-23-2009, 08:40 PM
:p

I voted yes, btw

MetSox17
03-23-2009, 08:41 PM
I wouldn't buy it because it sounds like it would be costly, and there's nothing that i'd be willing to pay for, for hat maintenance. Besides, how exactly would it stretch a hat? it can't make it any bigger unless you add material to it, so if you stretch the little bit of material it was made with to make bigger, it'll look deformed.

All in all, if my hat were to get so dirty, to the point where i needed to buy a machine strictly for washing it, i'd get a new hat.

djp
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I wouldn't buy it because it sounds like it would be costly, and there's nothing that i'd be willing to pay for, for hat maintenance. Besides, how exactly would it stretch a hat? it can't make it any bigger unless you add material to it, so if you stretch the little bit of material it was made with to make bigger, it'll look deformed.

All in all, if my hat were to get so dirty, to the point where i needed to buy a machine strictly for washing it, i'd get a new hat.

The machine will be between 40 and 50 dollars. There is a way for stretching and shrinking hats, but it's an inexact science.

Also, if you wear all white hats, or white hats in general, you know how much of a pain it is when your hat gets dirty. Think of the machine as an insurance policy for your hats.

Also, it can stretch/shrink hats up to two sizes up and down.

nrk
03-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Nah, I don't wear hats. Probably would I wore them though.