PDA

View Full Version : Willis McGahee Trade

ccB
03-06-2007, 02:02 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2265

Apparently the Ravens are indeeed interested in trading for Willis McGahee. Nothing official but if Jamal is out, I thinkt his is the best possible move. I just wonder what its going to take to get him. Im guessing a 3rd.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-06-2007, 02:03 PM
I pray this happens hopefully our 3rd rounder is enough.

ccB
03-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I pray this happens hopefully our 3rd rounder is enough.

It would be like Christmas for me to get Willis. Hes still young enough so I dont mind investing a pick in him. I thought the rumors of us getting him died down but im excited to hear we are still trying to get him.

Bohleive
03-06-2007, 02:15 PM
If we can get him for a third, I say do it, maybe even for a second, maybe. A lot of people around here bash Willis but I think he's a damn good runner and would give us a legit run game. Beggars can't be choosers, especially the way this draft is shaping up.

ccB
03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
If we can get him for a third, I say do it, maybe even for a second, maybe. A lot of people around here bash Willis but I think he's a damn good runner and would give us a legit run game. Beggars can't be choosers, especially the way this draft is shaping up.

I mean would you rahter have Hunt/Irons/Bush/whoever in the 2nd or Willis? Id rather have Willis. I think we can get it done for a 3rd but if it takes a 2nd I am all for it.

Ravens1991
03-06-2007, 02:21 PM
I think we will have to think in the long run, as in we will be able to get Suggs back for a long term deal.

Jughead10
03-06-2007, 02:22 PM
If I were you, I'd hope that the Giants end up signing Dominic Rhodes. Because if we don't I think we pull the trigger on giving up our third for Willis which it seems we really don't want to.

calibill2
03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
as a bills fan i really hope we can make the trade work, i am soooo sick of willis

ccB
03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
If I were you, I'd hope that the Giants end up signing Dominic Rhodes. Because if we don't I think we pull the trigger on giving up our third for Willis which it seems we really don't want to.

Well from what I heard Rhodes is pretty close to being a giant.

Bohleive
03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I mean would you rahter have Hunt/Irons/Bush/whoever in the 2nd or Willis? Id rather have Willis. I think we can get it done for a 3rd but if it takes a 2nd I am all for it.

Exactly, character aside, none of those guys possess the physical talents that Willis does. He's also NFL tested and would contribute more, sooner.

ccB
03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I think we will have to think in the long run, as in we will be able to get Suggs back for a long term deal.

I do not htink there is anyway we let Suggs go. I think he is the one player on our team that we would do absolutely anything to keep. Also I mean we need a RB of some kind, Musa and Anderson are not the answer and if we are starting one of them next season is going to be an absolute waste and we wont be going anywhere. I think if we get McGahee we will have an outside shot at the playoffs again.

Jughead10
03-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Well from what I heard Rhodes is pretty close to being a giant.

I thought so too. I thought we would sign him right away. We had him in for a visit the first day of Free Agency, Friday. It is now Tuesday and apparently he either visited Buffalo today or is going to tomorrow. The longer it goes the less optimistic I am. If the Bills get him I think we part with our third for Willis so if you guys wanted Willis you would have to come up with a higher pick or throw a player in.

bennybee38
03-06-2007, 02:33 PM
this would be big for us. We need a big play back..we haven't had this since jamals huuuuuuuugeeeeeee year. With McGahee running the ball we dont have to rely on McNair as much.

Ravens1991
03-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Yea I was wanted a speedy back that can break 80 yard us and can come out of the backfield, McNair liked to dump the ball off so getting a Lorenzo Booker type player who can turn a 2 yard catch to a 80 yard TD.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-06-2007, 03:21 PM
THIS WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!! he would finally have a nice o-line to run behind... oh wait no more Pashos so the line wont be as strong protecting the run but it should be solid enuf.

bennybee38
03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
Even without Pashos we can still do good running the ball. Pashos wasn't anything special and because we dont have any glaring weakness we can get 2 solid O-Lineman in the draft. We can go 1st round with either Arron Sears or Joe Staley and a 5th rounder on a guy like Mario Henderson, Brandon Frye or Mike Otto

ChefMike
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Yea I was wanted a speedy back that can break 80 yard us and can come out of the backfield, McNair liked to dump the ball off so getting a Lorenzo Booker type player who can turn a 2 yard catch to a 80 yard TD.

I can't agree more... McGhee then in the 5th or 6th take Lorenzo Booker...we would have a strong underrated offense if we had that kind of speed in the backfield. Anderson is enough of a change of pace back to give us a different look from Willis if we can get him. If we are able to pull off a 3rd for this..then we still have our 1st and 2nd to take a DE/OLB and another OG or OT would love to see Jarvis Moss fall down to us in the 1st or us pick up Quentin Moses from Georgia then take a Manuel Ramirez or Tony Ugoh in the 2nd rd...

ccB
03-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I can't agree more... McGhee then in the 5th or 6th take Lorenzo Booker...we would have a strong underrated offense if we had that kind of speed in the backfield. Anderson is enough of a change of pace back to give us a different look from Willis if we can get him. If we are able to pull off a 3rd for this..then we still have our 1st and 2nd to take a DE/OLB and another OG or OT would love to see Jarvis Moss fall down to us in the 1st or us pick up Quentin Moses from Georgia then take a Manuel Ramirez or Tony Ugoh in the 2nd rd...

That would make this a great offseason if all that happens.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-06-2007, 06:08 PM
The way i see it Adam Terry will not be that great of a run blocker but that wont matter if we take Justin Blalock in the first round. He is a great run blocker and can take on double teams and still open up holes. This is what I would like to see as a starting lineup .
If we do take Willis McGahee from the bills i doubt we will get Lonerzo Booker cause we also just signed Musa to s 1 year deal so he or Mike may split carries with Willis.

QB- Steve McNair
RB- Willis McGahee
FB- Justin Green or Alan Ricard
WR- Mark Clayton
TE- Todd Heap
OT- John Ogden
OG- Justin Blalock
C- Chris Chester
OG- Jason Brown
OT- Adam Terry
WR- D- will
Defense
CB - Cmac
OLB - Terrell Suggs
MLB- Ray Lewis
MLB- Bart Scott
OLB- Lamar Woodley
DE- Haloti Ngata
DT- Kelly Gregg
DE- Trevor Pryce - I hope we can get Ray McDonald to replace him but i doubt he'll be availbe in the 5th round.
CB - Samari Rolle - I wouldn't mind to see a little compettion for this spot.

Ravens1991
03-06-2007, 06:13 PM
I think JJ will start after his contract s no Woodley IMO. I would prefer Grubbs over Blaylock because Terry, Grubbs, and Chester are beastly at getting to the second level.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
The way i see it Adam Terry will not be that great of a run blocker but that wont matter if we take Justin Blalock in the first round. He is a great run blocker and can take on double teams and still open up holes. This is what I would like to see as a starting lineup .
If we do take Willis McGahee from the bills i doubt we will get Lonerzo Booker cause we also just signed Musa to s 1 year deal so he or Mike may split carries with Willis.

QB- Steve McNair
RB- Willis McGahee
FB- Justin Green or Alan Ricard
WR- Mark Clayton
TE- Todd Heap
OT- John Ogden
OG- Justin Blalock
C- Chris Chester
OG- Jason Brown
OT- Adam Terry
WR- D- will
Defense
CB - Cmac
OLB - Terrell Suggs
MLB- Ray Lewis
MLB- Bart Scott
OLB- Lamar Woodley
DE- Haloti Ngata
DT- Kelly Gregg
DE- Trevor Pryce - I hope we can get Ray McDonald to replace him but i doubt he'll be availbe in the 5th round.
CB - Samari Rolle - I wouldn't mind to see a little compettion for this spot.

Did we re-sign Alan Ricard or are you just hoping we do?

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-06-2007, 06:38 PM
but im still not 100% sure that JJ can handle the starting job. True we also have Dan Cody and the 2nd round pick could be used on somthing like CB or DE. I wouldn't mind Ray McDonald in the 2nd round to replace Trevor Pryce.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-06-2007, 06:39 PM
i was just hoping we do. BTW Ravens1991 what happened to your sig.

Ravens1991
03-06-2007, 06:40 PM
possibly JJ on 1st and 2nd then Dan on 3rd downs.

Troj2man
03-06-2007, 07:41 PM
I've been sort of against getting McGahee, but I must say that the thought of seeing him run the rock for us is intriguing. My main concern is getting a long term deal done with him, and still having enough money to sign Suggs long term.

jkpigskin
03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
i was saying to my friend that we should trade samari rolle and a 5th for willis

Yung Flippa
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
If All The Bills Want Is A Third
This Trade Should Have Happened Already
Our 3rd Is A Late Pick Anyway

Troj2man
03-06-2007, 10:29 PM
i was saying to my friend that we should trade samari rolle and a 5th for willis

I think they would be looking for more than that. Samari has a pretty big cap #, and I doubt the Bills would take that on along with just a 5th round pick.

If All The Bills Want Is A Third
This Trade Should Have Happened Already
Our 3rd Is A Late Pick Anyway

The problem is that the Ravens have to workout a long term contract with McGahee. Also another team with a higher pick could be in on the bidding.

Yung Flippa
03-06-2007, 10:38 PM
The problem is that the Ravens have to workout a long term contract with McGahee. Also another team with a higher pick could be in on the bidding.

I Would Think That We Could Work Out A Deal With Willis
I Mean Willis In our Backfeild Could Be Our Last Peice To A Super Bowl Win
I Know But We Can Probably Add Another Pick Maybe A 5th
And Another Player
Maybe Derrick Martin

art vandelay
03-06-2007, 10:39 PM
Apparently the Browns are interested too and their 3rd is alot higher than yours, so take that as you will.

JoeMontainya
03-06-2007, 10:47 PM
The Browns fans are interested, the organization hasnt said anything yet. But it is an option im sure they look into. I think Phil will keep quiet about the trade until the draft so he doesnt tip his hat.

art vandelay
03-06-2007, 10:56 PM
The Browns fans are interested, the organization hasnt said anything yet. But it is an option im sure they look into. I think Phil will keep quiet about the trade until the draft so he doesnt tip his hat.

Rumor is out there that Kellen Winslow Jr. is lobbying for the organization to trade for Willis.

niel89
03-06-2007, 11:06 PM
i say the browns should get jamal lewis and we trade for McGahee.:D

ChefMike
03-06-2007, 11:25 PM
If the Craps (Browns) traded for McGhee what would the do with their first pick take Quinn ? I don't thin thats an option they are looking for... I wouldnt say that they are ready for you to make a deep oprtion for them..... no need to worry...

ccB
03-06-2007, 11:39 PM
The Browns should just draft Adrian Peterson. Id rather have him than Willis.

Troj2man
03-07-2007, 01:31 AM
Some new news was reported on another site. Talks seem to be heating up with the Ravens and Bills about McGahee. The Ravens are also showing interest in Bills FB Daimon Shelton. Both players could possibly be aquired in the same deal.

niel89
03-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Some new news was reported on another site. Talks seem to be heating up with the Ravens and Bills about McGahee. The Ravens are also showing interest in Bills FB Daimon Shelton. Both players could possibly be aquired in the same deal.

hmmm that would be quite nice.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 01:38 AM
except for that whole McGahee being overrated thing, yeah that would be nice :).

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 08:26 AM
I guess maybe their FB and Willis for our second perhaps.

ccB
03-07-2007, 08:39 AM
I guess maybe their FB and Willis for our second perhaps.

Our second is late anyway and weve been talking about taking a RB there anyway. We mind as well do it and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 08:56 AM
true with our loss of Ovie I am not sure who will be the FB.

dcarey20
03-07-2007, 10:00 AM
I'm hoping for Le'Ron McClain out of Alabama to be the fullback. He's one of my favorite players in the draft. He's a pure blocker just like Ovie. We've shown some interest in him and I'd really like to see him be one of our compensational 4th rounders.

As for McGahee, I'm praying we get a deal done for him.

And with our interest in Damion Shelton, I'd really like a deal that involves both guys.

Billlllllls
03-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Hey guys,

Just to clear some things up, Daimon Shelton is a Free Agent so he wouldn't be part of a trade package. As for McGahee, give us your third and I'd be happy as a clam. I'm praying this goes through...

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 10:43 AM
why do you guys want to trad McGahee

jkpigskin
03-07-2007, 11:34 AM

im pretty sure he in unhappy there

dcarey20
03-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Lewis unlikely to take Ravens offer
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:50 AM ET | Link

LEWIS UNLIKELY TO TAKE RAVENS OFFER: Jamal Lewis has been given a 'take it or leave it' offer from the Ravens to re-sign with the club. He's not expected to take it and reportedly has until today to officially decide. That means the Ravens could be a potential landing spot for you know who. Lewis is also scheduled to visit Cleveland.

The trade for McGahee may just be a matter of time at this point. :)

Billlllllls
03-07-2007, 11:37 AM

I hate to burst anyones bubble, but he's just not that good. He has no desire or ability to run between the tackles and he's too slow to turn the corner. He can't catch to save his life and his pass protection is terrible. He doesn't even come in on 3rd downs for us because he would have gotten Losman killed. To make it even worse, the guy doesn't study his playbook and he's not a smart football player. After failing to pick up half a yard on a 4th down run this season, he told reporters that he didn't even know it was 4th down. You won't see him until he absolutely must show up, forget offseason workouts or OTA's, he'll be hittin' South Beach until training camp starts. He thinks he's the greatest back in the league (and has said so publicly) but doesn't realize that it would be a stretch to even call him average. To top it all off, he doesn't like football, he's playing for the $$$$$. He has said on numerous occasions that he can't stand the game of football, he just plays it because it's his job. Not exactly an Ed Reed or Ray Lewis kind of guy...

Anyway, no sour grapes here, I just can't wait for him to be gone. He has talent, but without the desire he'll never be any good. Good luck!!

ccB
03-07-2007, 12:21 PM
I hate to burst anyones bubble, but he's just not that good. He has no desire or ability to run between the tackles and he's too slow to turn the corner. He can't catch to save his life and his pass protection is terrible. He doesn't even come in on 3rd downs for us because he would have gotten Losman killed. To make it even worse, the guy doesn't study his playbook and he's not a smart football player. After failing to pick up half a yard on a 4th down run this season, he told reporters that he didn't even know it was 4th down. You won't see him until he absolutely must show up, forget offseason workouts or OTA's, he'll be hittin' South Beach until training camp starts. He thinks he's the greatest back in the league (and has said so publicly) but doesn't realize that it would be a stretch to even call him average. To top it all off, he doesn't like football, he's playing for the $$$$$. He has said on numerous occasions that he can't stand the game of football, he just plays it because it's his job. Not exactly an Ed Reed or Ray Lewis kind of guy...

Anyway, no sour grapes here, I just can't wait for him to be gone. He has talent, but without the desire he'll never be any good. Good luck!!

Hed still be an upgrade over Jamal Lewis.

Also I heard Lewis was visiting Cleveland and than GB.

JoeMontainya
03-07-2007, 12:29 PM
"Some new news was reported on another site. Talks seem to be heating up with the Ravens and Bills about McGahee. The Ravens are also showing interest in Bills FB Daimon Shelton. Both players could possibly be aquired in the same deal."

Wow the "rumored news" must not have been accurate if one of the players involved isnt on the Bills roster, but in FA. LOLOLOLOL.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Lewis unlikely to take Ravens offer
Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 11:50 AM ET | Link

LEWIS UNLIKELY TO TAKE RAVENS OFFER: Jamal Lewis has been given a 'take it or leave it' offer from the Ravens to re-sign with the club. He's not expected to take it and reportedly has until today to officially decide. That means the Ravens could be a potential landing spot for you know who. Lewis is also scheduled to visit Cleveland.

The trade for McGahee may just be a matter of time at this point. :)

Do u have a link for that?

ChefMike
03-07-2007, 12:34 PM

I have never heard that before about his dedication... All reports that I have read is that you won't be able to resign him and that they know he will leave so why not get something now for him before you lose him all together... I truely believe that if he was just playing for money..LETS GET HIM NOW ! He is in the last year of his contract and to me that would equal huge season this year.. and more then anything we do value production... why do you think we are not crying about losing Jamal and have been stressed about AD heading up 95 to New England. Once he gets here Ray and Ed and Steve and JO and etc... will teach him how to be a pro and not a head case..

Rob S
03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
I hate to say this.....but i am betting that Ravens fans will hate McGahee. You have a rep for being a tough guy team around the league. Willis is the opposite, he bounces runs to the outside even when a hole is there. If you can get willis mcgahee to hit a hole, he can be a pro bowler, but he just doenst seem willing.

ccB
03-07-2007, 12:40 PM
I hate to say this.....but i am betting that Ravens fans will hate McGahee. You have a rep for being a tough guy team around the league. Willis is the opposite, he bounces runs to the outside even when a hole is there. If you can get willis mcgahee to hit a hole, he can be a pro bowler, but he just doenst seem willing.

I hope the Miami boys on our team will whip him into shape.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
ehh as long as he can produce more then Jamal I dont care how he runs.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
Some of that post was BS.......Willis never said he hates the game. However Willis is a bad character guy. He has 3 illegitamite children, pops off his mouth a lot, and has said that he wants to move the bills to toronto (a VERY touchy subject for bills fans). He also does spend all his off time in miami, where he has admitted he does some stupid things. Also, we dont want to pay him the top RB money he demands because, quite frankly, he has not earned it.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I hope the Miami boys on our team will whip him into shape.

That is what I hope will happen, there has been rumors that he smokes pot, I remember somebody asking for a video of him Portis and Sean Taylor high at the pro bowl. Hopefully the U veterans can get him going.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 12:43 PM
ehh as long as he can produce more then Jamal I dont care how he runs.

He is too slow to go to the outside tho...it is a major problem.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 12:44 PM
That is what I hope will happen, there has been rumors that he smokes pot, I remember somebody asking for a video of him Portis and Sean Taylor high at the pro bowl. Hopefully the U veterans can get him going.

I believe they were drunk.....but yeh it was funny. I dont see him turning it around, but Ray Lewis maybe can kick his ass into gear.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Ray has 4 or 6 illegitemate children, I am not sure if the team finds that has low charecter. If he is to slow for the edge well that may be bad.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I believe they were drunk.....but yeh it was funny. I dont see him turning it around, but Ray Lewis maybe can kick his ass into gear.

were did you see it, was it on youtube or something.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 12:49 PM
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/specials/orl-ridealong1006may10,0,2633123.story?coll=orl-special-headlines-sports

just an article that may provide some insight. And I dont really see how having illegitemate children does not show low character. Everyone can make a mistake, but when you get to a point where it has happend 2 or more times, you are eithr stupid or just dont care. Especially if they are all with different women.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 12:50 PM
were did you see it, was it on youtube or something.

It was actually on nfl.com for a little last year. Then they got some flack and pulled the video. I believe it was edge, portis, and mcgahee. That was last years tho, maybe there was another incident at this years pro bowl?

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:52 PM
I am not sure I just heard that McGahee was with some U boys high at he pro bowl.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
I already hate McGahee and we dont even have him yet, Im tellin yall its a mistake if we get him, I would rather have Jamal back then get Willis.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 12:57 PM
why do you hate McGahee?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Cause he is overrated, he doesnt run hard, he is a single threat back and he isnt even a threat in that single area, I find him to be a downgrade on what we had last year.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I C well lets hope we get a upgrade over Jamal.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
I already hate McGahee and we dont even have him yet, Im tellin yall its a mistake if we get him, I would rather have Jamal back then get Willis.

Now this is a smart man.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Cause he is overrated, he doesnt run hard, he is a single threat back and he isnt even a threat in that single area, I find him to be a downgrade on what we had last year.
I have faith that Ozzie wouldn't acquire him if he didn't expect him to perform. There have been guys like Willis brought in before (Sam Adams), it's just a matter of what we can get out of them, which may be substantially more than the bills. The guy certainly has the talent and was pretty good when he first broke into the league. Maybe on a different, better team with players he admires and can connect to, he will thrive. It seems to me that the guy just doesn't like playing in buffalo, outside of the limelight.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 01:12 PM
I have faith that Ozzie wouldn't acquire him if he didn't expect him to perform. There have been guys like Willis brought in before (Sam Adams), it's just a matter of what we can get out of them, which may be substantially more than the bills. The guy certainly has the talent and was pretty good when he first broke into the league. Maybe on a different, better team with players he admires and can connect to, he will thrive. It seems to me that the guy just doesn't like playing in buffalo, outside of the limelight.

Then he wont like playing here at all, for christsake we went 13-3 and weren't talked about at all......talk about out of the limelight.

ChefMike
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM

I agree...this would be a good pick up for us...I am more concerned with FB right now...Green is just that very green and the rumor of us picking up Shelton is what I am wondering how good he is...

NY+Giants=NYG
03-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Would be a good back in a 2 back system? For instance if my giants got him, would he compliment Jacobs well?

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 01:29 PM
Then he wont like playing here at all, for christsake we went 13-3 and weren't talked about at all......talk about out of the limelight.

For a team as good as we were yeah, you're right, but hey we always feel disrespected. Also, you're talking national media and we have a pretty big local media base here in the metro-area. The truth is, an offensive player who performed in Baltimore would likely be very much in the limelight, just because we are so known for defense, which is likely why a team as successful as we have been never got much attention compared to the sexy offensive minded teams. Anyways the point is, there is a HUGE difference between Baltimore and Buffalo as cities in terms of media attention, fan-base size and distance from other cities and recreation areas. I would be willing to bet that simply by signing with Baltimore, he would double his jersey sales from a year ago.

Billlllllls
03-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Some of that post was BS.......Willis never said he hates the game. However Willis is a bad character guy. He has 3 illegitamite children, pops off his mouth a lot, and has said that he wants to move the bills to toronto (a VERY touchy subject for bills fans). He also does spend all his off time in miami, where he has admitted he does some stupid things. Also, we dont want to pay him the top RB money he demands because, quite frankly, he has not earned it.

Actually Rob, that is not BS at all, I've seen AT LEAST 2 articles that quoted him saying he doesn't like the game. One was BillsDigest last year, he was asked about watching games in his spare time and he said something like "I never watch football in my spare time, I don't even like the sport, I just like playing it because I'm good at it." And I heard him on the radio a couple of years ago saying the same sort of thing.

Billlllllls
03-07-2007, 01:41 PM

You guys should listen to EdReed, he knows what he's talking about. Listen, I want him as far away from my team as soon as possible, so I'll be happy if you guys give us anything for him, but you aren't going to like him for long. Jamal Lewis and McGahee are very similar, except Lewis will actually run hard and break tackles. Willis on the other hand gets taken down EASILY with arm tackles, and what does that say about a 235 pound back? Like I said, no sour grapes here, Bills fans have been drooling at the thought of ridding ourselves of this loser for a while.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 01:55 PM
For a team as good as we were yeah, you're right, but hey we always feel disrespected. Also, you're talking national media and we have a pretty big local media base here in the metro-area. The truth is, an offensive player who performed in Baltimore would likely be very much in the limelight, just because we are so known for defense, which is likely why a team as successful as we have been never got much attention compared to the sexy offensive minded teams. Anyways the point is, there is a HUGE difference between Baltimore and Buffalo as cities in terms of media attention, fan-base size and distance from other cities and recreation areas. I would be willing to bet that simply by signing with Baltimore, he would double his jersey sales from a year ago.

But he'd actually have to be good which he isn't, so he would fail here just like he has in Buffalo, Id rather have TJ Duckett than Willis........ok well maybe not that bad but its close.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
The only reason i would want Willis is that he would be an upgrade over Jamal. I'd rather have Tony Hunt or Lorenzo Booker over both of them. My dream RB situation would be Lorenzo Booker spliting carries with Mike Anderson or Musa Smith.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
The only reason i would want Willis is that he would be an upgrade over Jamal. I'd rather have Tony Hunt or Lorenzo Booker over both of them. My dream RB situation would be Lorenzo Booker spliting carries with Mike Anderson or Musa Smith.

I think Willis is a downgrade from Jamal at least Jamal is a powerful runner.

You guys should listen to EdReed

He's right ya know :)!

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
I think Willis is a downgrade from Jamal at least Jamal is a powerful runner.

He's right ya know :)!

What Jamal have you been watching? He ran wiht hardly any power last year.

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:20 PM
I just want to know what RB we could draft in the 3rd round will be better than Willis right away? Its not like we would be trading a 1st for him, it would be a low 3rd round pick. Its not like giving up that pick is going to set us back any (we took david pittman in the 3rd last year and he made no impact at all) and Willis is defintely a better option at RB than what we have now. I dont see any reason why we shouldnt explore getting him. Hes better than Chris Brown, and Corey Dillon who seem to be the other RB's we are looking at. Its not like hes an overaged RB whose already been run into the ground, hes still young. The only thing i could possibly see people complaining about is that he will be up for a contract after next year, which is not that big of a deal IMO. If he sucks we dont resign him, if he does real good we either lock him up, franchise him, or let him walk and draft one of the many stud RB's that are likely to be availbe in next years draft.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:22 PM
What Jamal have you been watching? He ran wiht hardly any power last year.

It was still 3 to 4 times the power McGahee has ever run with.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Id like to see us trade for Willis then workj out a deal to ship him to GB for #16 so we can get Marshawn!!

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
It was still 3 to 4 times the power McGahee has ever run with.

But the thing is, Willis has never been known as a power runner and that is what Jamal has been known with. So Jamal with no power is pretty much worthless.

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Id like to see us trade for Willis then workj out a deal to ship him to GB for #16 so we can get Marshawn!!

HAHHAA like that would ever happen. I agree if theres anyway we could trade up to get Marshawn thats what I want to do, but I do not think its going to happen.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
HAHHAA like that would ever happen. I agree if theres anyway we could trade up to get Marshawn thats what I want to do, but I do not think its going to happen.

I know it wont happen, Im sayin thats about the only way Id be happy we traded for Willis, is if we moved him and some picks to GB for 16, but then your mortgaging practically your whole draft for 1 player and the Saints will tell ya its not worth it.

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I know it wont happen, Im sayin thats about the only way Id be happy we traded for Willis, is if we moved him and some picks to GB for 16, but then your mortgaging practically your whole draft for 1 player and the Saints will tell ya its not worth it.
that why I like the Willis trade. We only give up one pick, still have a 1st and a 2nd so if he doesnt pan out oh well we are not losing much.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
But the thing is, Willis has never been known as a power runner and that is what Jamal has been known with. So Jamal with no power is pretty much worthless.

Well what is Willis known for? It certianly isnt speed, and it certianly isnt a dual threat back, so if you arent a speed back, a power back, a dual threat back what are you........a sorry overrated RB.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:32 PM
that why I like the Willis trade. We only give up one pick, still have a 1st and a 2nd so if he doesnt pan out oh well we are not losing much.

Your losing more than just 1 pick, your losing cap space especially if he wants a deal even of the likes of the one Thomas Jones just signed, thats hurts our future, this would be a terrible move if we get him.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Wow I really gotta start proofreading things before I post them, I made it look like just Willis for #16 I meant to have Willis and a couple picks for #16......sorry bout that.

go_ravens94
03-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow I really gotta start proofreading things before I post them, I made it look like just Willis for #16 I meant to have Willis and a couple picks for #16......sorry bout that.

I would take a proven player over Marshawn. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE Marshawn Lynch. But if we can get a proven back, it would be much better.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 03:34 PM
CCB I see where you are coming from, picks are extremely overvalued right now. The chances of landing a player as good as willis in the 3rd is slim. I would do the deal if I was the ravens if that was the only issue. The fact that Willis want elite RB money is what would make this a bad deal for you guys imo.

** And just because Willis doesnt like watching football doesnt mean he lacks an interest in the game. He likes playing it. If he didn't he would be even worse off than he is.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I would take a proven player over Marshawn. Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE Marshawn Lynch. But if we can get a proven back, it would be much better.

I wouldn't take a proven terrible player over Marshawn who has potential.

go_ravens94
03-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't take a proven terrible player over Marshawn who has potential.

The player isn't terrible. Willis McGahee or Ladell Betts are NOT terrible.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-07-2007, 03:44 PM

eh man don't but Ladell in the same sentence with Will.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 03:46 PM

Willis McGahee is.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Just so you know, Chris Brown (the official bills reporter for buffalobills.com) is doing a lot of reporting about a possible mcgahee to the ravens deal. He is usually pretty legit and in general doesnt start rumors because he does work for the actual team.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I still dont want to give up a bunch of picks just for Lynch. True hes a great player but giving up 3 drafts picks for 1 player is too much. i would still ike him on the team but were giving up too many picks plus we also have huge needs at o-line. i would much rather have a combo threat of Lorenzo Booker w/t Mike or Musa and save our picks .

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
I was thinking we could go Booker with Mike or Musa

gonzo1105
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
How do you guys know that all the Bills want is a 3rd round pick? Not too long ago the Bills were lookin for a 1st and lowered their demands to a 2nd rounder....The truth is you never know what type of deal is goin down....This board would be shocked if they gave up a 1st for him...Not saying its gonna happen but I wouldn't bank on just a 3rd round pick either. You might be giving up a higher draft pick or multiple picks for him

gonzo1105
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Just as I say this....Michael Smith says Bills are talking to Ravens about a 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft and a 5th rounder next year.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Just saw on ESPN that we are working a deal with either a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 5th or 6th next year.

dcarey20
03-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Just saw on ESPN that we are working a deal with either a 2nd or 3rd this year and a 5th or 6th next year.

yeah i saw that too.

i have also been hearing that the cutting of ed mulitalo is because we are freeing up space for a long term deal with willis.

its looking more and more likely that mcgahee will be a raven, i can only hope that it works out.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I am excited........maybe a fresh start is what both sides need(willis and buffalo)

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
yea just been reported on Sirius radio Ravens second and next years 6th.

Rob S
03-07-2007, 06:02 PM

totally done.........or speculation?

bills_red
03-07-2007, 06:09 PM

If so good trade for both teams.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I think it is a good trade only if we can lock him up for the long term and he doesnt do the things you guys have said with his bad work ethic.

ccB
03-07-2007, 06:35 PM
If what Bills fans say are true about his attitude maybe the change in scenery will help him out. I mean Buffalo isnt exactly the best place to play (no offense bills fans)

PalmerToCJ
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Not to be some rival fan chiming in on everything you all do to be negative but I really think your FO should've gone after Thomas Jones or Henry before McGahee. Just doesn't seem like your type of running and he has more baggage attached to him than Jones/Henry.

Regardless I hope this works out for both parties, the only real glaring weakness I saw for you all last year was your running game.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 06:57 PM
yea I think the FO felt the same way, McGahee is also the youngest out of them so I guess they thought about that bu his charecter issues that the people posted make me a little nervous

bennybee38
03-07-2007, 07:19 PM
this means our 1st and 2nd round picks should go to o-line maybe..a tackle and a guard. Ben Grubbs at guard and Ryan Harris at tackle? sounds good to me.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves as far as I'm concerned nothing has happened until I get offical news.

mikedoobie
03-07-2007, 07:31 PM
ive heard reports that it may be this years 2nd and 5th but im hoping its the one you guys said...but im sure the trade is not the problem right now its negotiations on his contract that is slowing this up as he wouldnt go to Denver as they only offered him in the area of 12 mill guranteed so this may take a hefty chunk of salary and im sure thats the only problem as of now..im guessing we will in the end do it for around 16-18 in guranteed but ive heard he wants 20..just my thoughts on it and id love to see him here

Troj2man
03-07-2007, 07:34 PM
Sirius radio is reporting that the deal is our 2nd this year and 6th next year. It's not a done deal yet though. Although it could happen as early as tonight.

bennybee38
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
well...IF this does happen...hopefully McGahee can manage to average more than 3.8 YPC and 6 TD's. I still think if we get him drafting a quick recieving type running back would be good. Musa is our psychical back, Willis is a mixed feature back and a guy like Lorenzo Booker or Garrett Wolfe can be our shifty quick receiving type back. If it works....We'd have a scary running game which would open up Stevieeee babbbyyyyyyyy

BigDawg819
03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
This is ridiculous! Trading away our 2nd for Willis is disturbing considering the talent in this draft! Now if Buffalo is willing to add their 2nd maybe but if not this is a bad trade. Say what you want about Willis he is a guy with a bad knee and a bad rep, both things that aren't needed in Raven country. Not to mention that this goes against our montra of building from within. I am perplexed with some of the decisions that the front office has made and right now I'm not completely happy....but I do have faith in Ozzie and I trust his judgement.

go_ravens94
03-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Jamal signs with the Browns. This deal is looking more and more likely.

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
lets hope for the best his attitude issues worry me though.

DWhitner20
03-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Chris Brown, BuffaloBills.com Lead Journalist is hinting at a possible bidding war:

LEWIS SIGNS W/BROWNS: With Jamal Lewis signing what is reportedly a one-year deal with Cleveland the Ravens have the door wide open for another back. Hopefully this compels Baltimore to give up what's being requested for a certain back's services before they miss out.

Interesting...

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
This doesn't make sense, the three main bidding teams were Cle, NYG and us. How does eliminating one of them create a bidding war? I think if anything this drove down the price.

BigDawg819
03-07-2007, 09:03 PM
If we do make this trade there is no way we should trade anything other then a 3rd round pick. Buffalo doesn't want him and he doesn't want to play there. Us losing Jamal should have no effect on whatsoever on that.

ChefMike
03-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I agree 100% there is a strong possibility of Marshawn Lynch falling to us...but if we can have a dual threat like Lynch and McGhee OMG that would be out of control our running game would be sick !

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 09:24 PM
I am starting to get nervous that we get out of hand and fork up to much while some RB we could have gotten with our second puts up around the same # just cheaper

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 12:58 AM
This is gonna suck were gonna give up 2 picks for this clown and Marshawn is gonna be available at #29, what a disaster this is gonna be.

art vandelay
03-08-2007, 04:40 AM
This is gonna suck were gonna give up 2 picks for this clown and Marshawn is gonna be available at #29, what a disaster this is gonna be.

Marshawn at the latest would go to the Packers at 16, IMO.

Now I think we will take him at #12.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 06:53 AM
If we do make this trade there is no way we should trade anything other then a 3rd round pick. Buffalo doesn't want him and he doesn't want to play there. Us losing Jamal should have no effect on whatsoever on that.

I 100% agree with you.!!!! Ozzie must have lost his mind in giving up a 2ND ROUNDER!!! He could have gotten Micheal Turner with that pick instead of Willis. I still thing were banking too much in 1 player. Giving up Big Ed and Ovie just to free up some cap space for some RB who doesn't even like the game he plays. I still think its an improvement but Micheal Turner would've been much better.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Umn no you couldn't have had Michael Turner with our 2nd rounder and IMO Turner is so overrated.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I know they are rumor mongers but PFT is saying that the Titans are now pursuing a trade for Willis McGahee, please let them get him please!!!!

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Turner is a good back. If any of you are Terps fans, you have to remember the thrashing he gave us (we were #14 in the country)... and he played for NORTHERN ILLINOIS!

Turner over McGahee/Betts.

YouNeverKnow
03-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Its official

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

Two 3rd round picks and a 7th rounder. I like that we picked up McGahee but I think we overpaid for him in the long run with both picks and the contract he will require. I'm more concerned about how much he is going to cost per season.

ccB
03-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Overall im pleased with the trade. Glad to keep our 2nd round pick. We give up a low 3rd this year and hopefully a low 3rd next year. Very excited to see if McGahee can perform here.

My condolences to ERU.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 11:36 AM
3 picks for a back that didn't want to play in Buffalo and a team that didn't want him? Someone please explain the rationale of this? How is Willis worth 3 picks? If this is true, its a horrible trade....

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Overall im pleased with the trade. Glad to keep our 2nd round pick. We give up a low 3rd this year and hopefully a low 3rd next year. Very excited to see if McGahee can perform here.

My condolences to ERU.

I agree on this.

We now have A RUNNING GAME!

ccB
03-08-2007, 11:45 AM
3 picks for a back that didn't want to play in Buffalo and a team that didn't want him? Someone please explain the rationale of this? How is Willis worth 3 picks? If this is true, its a horrible trade....

It is true. Its official and I think its a great trade. We had no RB and I believe willis iwll be better than anything we could have got in the 3rd round.

The Legend
03-08-2007, 11:52 AM
another miami "U" star

http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Photos_Of_The_Day/06_09_20/images/Willis%20McGaheeHI02206.jpg

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
It is true. Its official and I think its a great trade. We had no RB and I believe willis iwll be better than anything we could have got in the 3rd round.

But you have not explained how Willis is worth 3 draft picks!!!! This was a situation where the player didn't want to play for the team and the team didn't want the player, Ozzie should have said a third round pick take it or leave! We still have a Mike Anderson, PJ Daniels, and Musa Smith on the roster, there is still a couple of backs on the market and at least 4-5 solid backs in the draft. The Bills fleeced the Ravens on this trade plain and simple. Willis has questionable work ethic and desire to play the game, how are those things good for our locker room? Plus is nonchalant attitude will not mesh in well with a team with a good mix of veterans and young players. CCB I realize you have a man-crush on Willis and I hope you are right about him, but on the surface this is a terrible deal for the Ravens and even you have to admit we got fleeced!

ccB
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
But you have not explained how Willis is worth 3 draft picks!!!! This was a situation where the player didn't want to play for the team and the team didn't want the player, Ozzie should have said a third round pick take it or leave! We still have a Mike Anderson, PJ Daniels, and Musa Smith on the roster, there is still a couple of backs on the market and at least 4-5 solid backs in the draft. The Bills fleeced the Ravens on this trade plain and simple. Willis has questionable work ethic and desire to play the game, how are those things good for our locker room? Plus is nonchalant attitude will not mesh in well with a team with a good mix of veterans and young players. CCB I realize you have a man-crush on Willis and I hope you are right about him, but on the surface this is a terrible deal for the Ravens and even you have to admit we got fleeced!

Your overrating what we gave up and since you cant understand it let me let Toonster explain it for you...
You think Thomas Jones is inferior to Willis McGahee? How so? Long term, perhaps. While I like Willis, and while his offensive line had issues in recent years, along with the lack of a passing game, a 3.8 YPC just isn't good. You can say it's passable for the situation, but it's not good. While Willis is a decent receiver and blocker, Thomas is ahead of him in both areas. Sure, long run, there's a chance Willis has better value, say, over 4 years, than Thomas (albeit, I think Thomas can be good for four years). But a counter can be that, for all the wear and tear that Willis is likely to go through due to his running style, his breakdown point might not be on a typical track and bears watching, especially considering past history.

Now, as for the trade, Baltimore clearly win. In the end, they held firm and didn't give up the 2nd rounder. Depending on how you calculate future value (with 1/2 and whole as the top methods), the overall package is somewhere from a mid-late 3rd value. It's not a bad deal for Buffalo, as Willis' flaws and issues wore down his value somewhat, but they still arguably didn't get enough in return. That said, they probably took the best package available, which is probably a strong sign of what teams interested felt about Willis overall. But, even if teams are wary, the fact that Baltimore got Willis for mid-late 3rd value chalks up a slight notch in the win column for them for now.

Now I have no man crush on McGahee I just think hes better than anything we could get with the 30th pick in the 3rd round. Im all about winning next year and Willis is the best bet to do that. Hes better than ANY back we could get in the 3rd and Id love to see you argue that. How often does a low 3rd rounder pan out? I mean we took Pittman mid 3rd round last year adn he sure made an impact on us winning last year didnt he? I dont think its I have a man crush I think its you have an undeserved hate for him. Im not claiming he will come in and rush for 1500 yards im just saying next year is our last real chance to win the SB before we have to rebuild most of our team. I think its a fantastic trade for us plain and simple.

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't know that I would go as far as fleeced us...a pick that is near the last pick in the draft is a joke that guy is lucky to make the Team. Two 3rd picks is not too much... I mean you could potentially give up the next Joe Montana to the Bills and we could be getting the 2nd coming of Otis Anderson. Those are the chances we have to take to improve and make the Offense more explosive.

mikedoobie
03-08-2007, 12:13 PM
i love having McGahee here and i do think it was the smart move and i think he is a stud,,but two thirds it is a bit much and im dissappointed there but in the end i think the deal was worth it i just think we could have gotten better value in this trade like the jets did with jones..but im happy with the move

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Your overrating what we gave up and since you cant understand it let me let Toonster explain it for you...

Now I have no man crush on McGahee I just think hes better than anything we could get with the 30th pick in the 3rd round. Im all about winning next year and Willis is the best bet to do that. Hes better than ANY back we could get in the 3rd and Id love to see you argue that. How often does a low 3rd rounder pan out? I mean we took Pittman mid 3rd round last year adn he sure made an impact on us winning last year didnt he? I dont think its I have a man crush I think its you have an undeserved hate for him. Im not claiming he will come in and rush for 1500 yards im just saying next year is our last real chance to win the SB before we have to rebuild most of our team. I think its a fantastic trade for us plain and simple.

Fine you want me to argue the point for you then here you go with the argument. I don't recall saying that we would take a RB with our 3rd pick, I'm saying giving up 3 picks for Willis is too much. This draft is loaded with talent at many positions and face it we have holes in more areas then just RB and having already lost our 4th in the McNair debacle and now our 3rd we are facing the possibility of not drafting again to the 5th round. How can you question whether or not late round picks pan out when the Ravens make a habit of picking well in the 3rd round and later. I know you are smarter then that comment so I will let that go. You are also better then the statement about David Pittman as well. Just because a player doesn't come in and contribute in his rookie year does not make him a bust or a worthless pick. Your boy Willis didn't even suit up in his rookie year and he's obviously not a bust so lay off the disrespect to the Pittman pick. Now I do not possess an undeserved hate for Willis. While I see him as a productive player on the field, I have a problem with his attitude and perception of a lazy player. He refuses to do any offseason conditioning or anything with his team and that will hurt him and the team immensely since he is new to this team. He carries the bad rep that follows and haunts some "U" players and that kind of attitude is not needed here in Baltimore! I hope he pans out for us and that all this bad press that follows him was a result of his dislike with Buffalo, we both can agree that the Bills are not necessarily a top notch organization. My hate is for the fact that the Ravens are trading away 3 draft picks, this is a cardinal sin for a team that drafts as well as the Ravens do!

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
Come on now... we gave up Late picks in each of the rounds... a 3rd from us is almost a early 4th ! and the 7th is practically the last pick in the draft... I think we gave them nothing to speak of. Being that he is a former 1st round draft pick that has not piled up tons of carries for a 5th year back. Plus he has more explosiveness then Jamal and is a Baltimore style back. He will fit in nicely and he has some real players around him so he will feel more at home like he was in College when he was the best RB in the country. This is the best place for him we have a Team full of stars that work together to be a Team and he is going to learn how to be a good one...

The Legend
03-08-2007, 01:01 PM
wow guys we are gonna goto buffalo this year that will be a big game

it would be so cool if that was our 1st game

that would be huge game

Bohleive
03-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Fine you want me to argue the point for you then here you go with the argument. I don't recall saying that we would take a RB with our 3rd pick, I'm saying giving up 3 picks for Willis is too much. This draft is loaded with talent at many positions and face it we have holes in more areas then just RB and having already lost our 4th in the McNair debacle and now our 3rd we are facing the possibility of not drafting again to the 5th round. How can you question whether or not late round picks pan out when the Ravens make a habit of picking well in the 3rd round and later. I know you are smarter then that comment so I will let that go. You are also better then the statement about David Pittman as well. Just because a player doesn't come in and contribute in his rookie year does not make him a bust or a worthless pick. Your boy Willis didn't even suit up in his rookie year and he's obviously not a bust so lay off the disrespect to the Pittman pick. Now I do not possess an undeserved hate for Willis. While I see him as a productive player on the field, I have a problem with his attitude and perception of a lazy player. He refuses to do any offseason conditioning or anything with his team and that will hurt him and the team immensely since he is new to this team. He carries the bad rep that follows and haunts some "U" players and that kind of attitude is not needed here in Baltimore! I hope he pans out for us and that all this bad press that follows him was a result of his dislike with Buffalo, we both can agree that the Bills are not necessarily a top notch organization. My hate is for the fact that the Ravens are trading away 3 draft picks, this is a cardinal sin for a team that drafts as well as the Ravens do!

The value was there I think. Those 'three picks' do not even equal a second rounder in value and that's what it's about, value, not number of picks. Would you rather we just gave up this years second? I for one like the trade, even if it is for a bit more than I was hoping. What we get is a guy who can produce now, as opposed to someone we will have to bring along. Our 'window' is closing at the end of this season.

ccB
03-08-2007, 01:22 PM
You keep saying 3 picks but having a player drafted in the 7th perform on the field is like hitting the lottery. So its basically 2 picks not 3. Also I was hoping we could get him for just a 3rd but apparently that was not an option and I am not going to dog on the ravens for giving up two 3's because I would rather give up the 2 3's instead of our 2nd rounder this year or next for that matter. Its not that im in love with giving up what we gave up, im more so glad that we didnt give up our 2 and we still got the guy. Im not in love with the fac that hes been outspoken and sort of a dick but hey Ed Reed has been the same way about being in Baltimore at times and I trully believe that being here he will have a better attitude about playing. I mean hell I wouldnt want to play in Buffalo either and maybe it was just his time for a change in scenary. Also I dont htink hes going to do all that much better than Jamal next year but I think over the span of 3-4 years hes the better back no doubt. I still think theres a ton of potential in him.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
You keep saying 3 picks but having a player drafted in the 7th perform on the field is like hitting the lottery. So its basically 2 picks not 3. Also I was hoping we could get him for just a 3rd but apparently that was not an option and I am not going to dog on the ravens for giving up two 3's because I would rather give up the 2 3's instead of our 2nd rounder this year or next for that matter. Its not that im in love with giving up what we gave up, im more so glad that we didnt give up our 2 and we still got the guy. Im not in love with the fac that hes been outspoken and sort of a dick but hey Ed Reed has been the same way about being in Baltimore at times and I trully believe that being here he will have a better attitude about playing. I mean hell I wouldnt want to play in Buffalo either and maybe it was just his time for a change in scenary. Also I dont htink hes going to do all that much better than Jamal next year but I think over the span of 3-4 years hes the better back no doubt. I still think theres a ton of potential in him.

I agree with the statement of potential and I hope its true. But I don't like giving up picks and this move seems to be a panic move if you get my logic. We have lost a lot from our team last year and depending on how the cap is or is going to be handled I hope things work out. I hope my fears about Willis are proved wrong and I hope my fears for this season are proved wrong. But I can't help but feel we are on a slippery slope and we need to tread lightly so as not to ruin our potential as a team for next season and the future. At least we are still the favorites in the division and hopefully the draft really solidifies some of our remaining holes.

Billlllllls
03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Just to clear a few things up, I see almost every post is saying that Willis didn't want to play in Buffalo, that's not true, it's the Bills that no longer wanted Willis. Until that point he was fine and didn't have a problem playing here. Our owner and GM were calling him out since the middle of the season and we knew his days were numbered even before the season ended. He played well his first year starting in '04 (when our o-line was at its worst) and has been a major turd the last 2 seasons when our line has been improving. Blame the line all you want but you'll see exactly what kind of player he is a few weeks into the season. Hey, I hope he does well and I hope it works out for you, but please realize that he wasn't traded simply because he didn't want to be here, it was us that no longer wanted him first and he's been expecting this since the season ended.

dcarey20
03-08-2007, 01:46 PM
This is one of the greatest days for me as a Ravens fan. I can't say how happy I am right now. Willis has been one of my favorite players since he was drafted, and it's almost a dream come true that he is on my favorite team. We got an amazing steal as I feel McGahee will be a beast with us.

WELCOME TO BALTIMORE WILLIS

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/news/2003/04/15/mock_draft/t1_willis_all.jpg

ccB
03-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Just to clear a few things up, I see almost every post is saying that Willis didn't want to play in Buffalo, that's not true, it's the Bills that no longer wanted Willis. Until that point he was fine and didn't have a problem playing here. Our owner and GM were calling him out since the middle of the season and we knew his days were numbered even before the season ended. He played well his first year starting in '04 (when our o-line was at its worst) and has been a major turd the last 2 seasons when our line has been improving. Blame the line all you want but you'll see exactly what kind of player he is a few weeks into the season. Hey, I hope he does well and I hope it works out for you, but please realize that he wasn't traded simply because he didn't want to be here, it was us that no longer wanted him first and he's been expecting this since the season ended.

I think its funny how people are like we didnt want him it wasnt the other way around. Its like when a couple breaks up if you ask the Girl who broke up with who she will sayd she dumped the guy but if you ask the guy its Vice versa. I really dont care if Buffalo didnt want willis or if willis didnt want buffalo, The fact of the matter is we got him now and I just hope he improves by being on a better team and being surrounded by better players.

Billlllllls
03-08-2007, 01:51 PM
This is one of the greatest days for me as a Ravens fan. I can't say how happy I am right now. Willis has been one of my favorite players since he was drafted, and it's almost a dream come true that he is on my favorite team. We got an amazing steal as I feel McGahee will be a beast with us.

WELCOME TO BALTIMORE WILLIS

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2003/draft/news/2003/04/15/mock_draft/t1_willis_all.jpg

I take it you haven't watched very many Bills games the last couple years?

I was SO happy when we drafted him, he was going to be the next great back in the NFL. Sadly, it never happened, he lost all of his speed from the knee injury and his attitude went out the window with it.

My advice for Ozzie, let his contract run out and franchise him every year, money is his only motivation, winning is meaningless to him. Good luck this year guys!!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Well this is an outright tragedy, not only do we get an overrated downgrabe at RB, but wealso give up 2 3rds for him, what a pathetic trade, this offseason makes me wanna f***n puke. In a couple years when we've had 2 or 3 strait losing seasons you'll be able to trace it back to this offseason and the stoopid ass moves we made.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I think its funny how people are like we didnt want him it wasnt the other way around. Its like when a couple breaks up if you ask the Girl who broke up with who she will sayd she dumped the guy but if you ask the guy its Vice versa. I really dont care if Buffalo didnt want willis or if willis didnt want buffalo, The fact of the matter is we got him now and I just hope he improves by being on a better team and being surrounded by better players.

Yeah funny how the sour grapes come out during these scenarios.....

Anyway the change of scenario should be motivation along with fellow "U" alumnus Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

Shane P. Hallam
03-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't usually come on other boards, but I wanted to see the reaction. I'm looking forward to facing McGahee twice a year, it will be a fun match-up and a pure battle. McGahee is good, but not great. I think him and Musa match up well. Good pick up by Baltimore, good trade for Buffalo for two 3rd rounders. I'm not a McGahee fan, but there is no denying he has potential, and the trade is WELL worth it.

And just for kicks:http://http://soccerword.com/media/injury%20mcgahee.jpg

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I don't usually come on other boards, but I wanted to see the reaction. I'm looking forward to facing McGahee twice a year, it will be a fun match-up and a pure battle. McGahee is good, but not great. I think him and Musa match up well. Good pick up by Baltimore, good trade for Buffalo for two 3rd rounders. I'm not a McGahee fan, but there is no denying he has potential, and the trade is WELL worth it.

And just for kicks:
http://soccerword.com/media/injury%20mcgahee.jpg

Haha, thank you for that.....NOT AT ALL some of us are trying to eat lunch here.

ccB
03-08-2007, 01:57 PM
I dont think any of us are expecting him to be a pro bowler, compared to how Jamal was last year Willis shouldnt be much worst. Jamal ran for the least impressive 1000 yards i have ever seen last year.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Prepare to see a guy run for the least impressive 800 yards you've ever seen.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I dont think any of us are expecting him to be a pro bowler, compared to how Jamal was last year Willis shouldnt be much worst. Jamal ran for the least impressive 1000 yards i have ever seen last year.

Honestly all I expect from the running game is to be a good compliment to the passing game. We need an offensive thats a threat to score to go with the most dominating Defense in the league!!!

Billlllllls
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah funny how the sour grapes come out during these scenarios.....

Anyway the change of scenario should be motivation along with fellow "U" alumnus Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

You know what else is funny? When fans of a players new team think they know more about a player than fans of the team that watched him play the past 3 years. When we traded for Bledsoe in '02 we welcomed him to town like he was the second coming. Patriots fans warned us that he was terrible but we didn't want to hear any part of it, we were going to the super bowl with him!! It didn't take long until we realized how right they were. Fast forward a couple years, Bledsoe signs with Cowboys, Cowboys fans begin planning the super bowl parade. Jerry Jones promised his fans a super bowl with their new stud quarterback.

Anyway, sour grapes or not, I'm just telling you the truth. I will leave now since I don't like when other fans come to our boards and talk negatively about one of our new signings. So, sorry to upset you guys, hopefully this trade works out best for everyone. Good luck this year, (except when we're playing you of course.)

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 02:03 PM
I think Im actually gonna go throw up now, thanks alot Ozzie and Willis.

ccB
03-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Our front office has made pretty good signigns throughout the years so if they think Willis can get it done then they have my trust.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Haven't I been the one preaching faith in the front office? :D

Now while I disagree with the trade and have stated why I also hope I'm totally wrong and Willis is a solid back for us for years to come. As for the commentary about him from Bills, we appreciate the information but you have understand our excitement and disappointment as well. Regardless of all of our various degrees of opinions, lets now focus our attention on other positions of need such as offensive line and possibly defensive line. Besides Maryland is playing and Miami is killing them! Damn Willis and the curse of the "U" ....lol!

Billlllllls
03-08-2007, 02:16 PM

Now while I disagree with the trade and have stated why I also hope I'm totally wrong and Willis is a solid back for us for years to come. As for the commentary about him from Bills, we appreciate the information but you have understand our excitement and disappointment as well. Regardless of all of our various degrees of opinions, lets now focus our attention on other positions of need such as offensive line and possibly defensive line. Besides Maryland is playing and Miami is killing them! Damn Willis and the curse of the "U" ....lol!

What's going on with Ogden, is he going to stick around a little longer or is this it for him?

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 02:19 PM

Not only did Willis cost us three picks, but he has also cursed the Terps cause they look like strait s**t.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I think we got a good trade. We didn't give up a 2nd rounder and we got the guy we wanted. I think with him being around guys like Ray and Ed Reed will be good for him.should we have him split carries or be a lone threat? This hasn't been one of our best offseasons but atleast we upgraded 1 position.(RB) O-line IMO is our #1 need in the draft.

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Its ok Gary will get on their a$$es and things will be better in the 2nd half!

FEAR THE TURTLE!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 02:31 PM
I think we got a good trade. We didn't give up a 2nd rounder and we got the guy we wanted. I think with him being around guys like Ray and Ed Reed will be good for him.should we have him split carries or be a lone threat? This hasn't been one of our best offseasons but atleast we upgraded 1 position.(RB) O-line IMO is our #1 need in the draft.

This is not an upgrade, if anything its a lateral move that makes us no better now in the running game then we were last year, and actually we are worse because we had a very good FB last year.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 02:35 PM
There is still hope its not official yet, Willis has to pass a physical, I gotta find that doctor and give him every cent Ive got to make sure Willis fails that physical.

Bohleive
03-08-2007, 02:39 PM

You can't be serious, he literally said he wanted the Bills to move to Toronto. How is that him wanting to play in Buffalo?

Ravens1991
03-08-2007, 02:45 PM
We gave up a lot for a player that after next season he isnt guarenteed to be on the team, I hope he gets us 1200+ then signs long term for the trade to be a succsess. Also if Marshawn falls to our pick I will go billistic.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 04:12 PM
We gave up a lot for a player that after next season he isnt guarenteed to be on the team, I hope he gets us 1200+ then signs long term for the trade to be a succsess. Also if Marshawn falls to our pick I will go billistic.

I guessed you would say that. Not EXACTLY that, but...

Marshawn won't fall to us I think.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I DID IT!!!! I FOUND A SILVER LINING!!!!!!

At least Michael Bush wont be a Raven now!!!!!!! THANK YOU WILLIS!!!!

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 04:27 PM

YES! EXCELLENT!

YouNeverKnow
03-08-2007, 05:07 PM
The more I look at this trade the more it seems like a fair trade. The contract doesn't even look like it will be that bad with pretty low cap hits for the first 4 years. Assuming that the options are accounted for the same as a signing bonus it would only slightly more then 3.0 Million a year for the 2nd and 3rd year, then almost 6 million in year 4. In years 5-7 it balloons up to 8M + but if he were cut at that point in the 5th year, when he hits 30, it would only be a 6M hit.

Or at least I think, I haven't seen any cap numbers yet and I'm not great with them myself.

Ravens1991
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Do you think we will be able to sign T-sizzle now?

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 05:16 PM

THANK YOU JESUS THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dcarey20
03-08-2007, 05:30 PM

we just signed him to a 7 year extension

and yes i think we will resign t-sizzle. i don't think ozzie would have made this deal if he didn't think we'd be able to.

niel89
03-08-2007, 05:31 PM
we should just line clarence moore in the back field. hes too tall to tacke. he'll just jump over the other team 6'6"=win

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 05:33 PM
we should just line clarence moore in the back field. hes too tall to tacke. he'll just jump over the other team 6'6"=win

Ok I think the Clarence Moore jokes officially just got OLD!

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Ok I think the Clarence Moore jokes officially just got OLD!

same i really wonder why he is even on the roster

BigDawg819
03-08-2007, 05:54 PM
same i really wonder why he is even on the roster

He was a "Project" pick and apparently one that is still in progress.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 07:38 PM
He was a "Project" pick and apparently one that is still in progress.

I agree. Also, if you remember, when Heap was out, he, Darnell Dinkins, and Dan Wilcox became a force in the red zone. Do you remember Moore's catch that year?

bmoreravens5289
03-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I love Willis McGahee. Thank you, that is all.