PDA

View Full Version : Peter Warrick Update

sweetness34
03-24-2009, 03:50 PM
I work for a local tv station and for one of our shows we are getting Peter Warrick in tomorrow night for an interview, or well we should be interviewing him tomorrow night, at least that's the plan.

Former top 5 draft pick, Sugar Bowl MVP, Heisman candidate and never lived up to his hype (for the very few who possibly didn't know who he was). Currently he's playing for the Bloomington Extreme which is our local indoor football team.

I know Warrick was a big time player in college, one of the best WR's I've had a chance to watch, and I think it's kinda cool he's scheduled to be at our studio tomorrow night.

You guys have any questions you'd like him to answer? Any that I like I'll pass on to our host before the show. I'll post a recap of the interview on Thursday.

I know there are a lot of guys who didn't live up to the hype but Warrick was something special to watch back in college and I think it's a bit strange that he wound up in Central ******* Illinois lol surrounded by a bunch of corn instead of beaches and ocean. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

wonderbredd24
03-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Why was he so pissed Cleveland passed on him when Washington passed on him twice?

brat316
03-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Ask him WTF happened?

SeanTaylorRIP
03-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Why was he so pissed Cleveland passed on him when Washington passed on him twice?

Hah probably because the Browns took Courtney Brown with the #1 overall pick, lol. Ha he probably knew Lavar and Chris Samuels were better players than him. Also he probably figured we wouldn't draft him since we had Albert Connel, Irving Fryar, Andre Reed, James Thrash, and Michael Westbrook. BTW how sick was that in 2000 when the Skins had the 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft. That was back when we had picks to move up.

sweetness34
03-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Ask him WTF happened?

That might strike a nerve lol, you can ask him that one haha. I'd say it's pretty simple, he didn't have the work ethic. He got his paycheck and coasted. He wasn't a bad player by any means in the NFL but he definitely did not live up to what he was capable of.

He played in the Super Bowl so that would be one of my questions along with being drafted in the top 5 and winning a National Title.

brat316
03-24-2009, 04:06 PM
How about has he tried to get back in the NFL

wonderbredd24
03-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Hah probably because the Browns took Courtney Brown with the #1 overall pick, lol. Ha he probably knew Lavar and Chris Samuels were better players than him. Also he probably figured we wouldn't draft him since we had Albert Connel, Irving Fryar, Andre Reed, James Thrash, and Michael Westbrook. BTW how sick was that in 2000 when the Skins had the 2nd and 3rd picks in the draft. That was back when we had picks to move up.

Courtney Brown, at the time, was considered a can't miss prospect. He was never hurt in high school, never hurt in college, then can't stay healthy in the NFL. Go figure. I personally think he was too big for his own good and had virtually no flexibility.

Chris Samuels was better.

Lavar Arrington might be one of the most overrated players in NFL History. Never has a guy gotten so much credit for constantly being out of position and getting trucked by Dorsey Levens.

sweetness34
03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
How about has he tried to get back in the NFL

He was actually with the Texans in 2008 I believe but that is a good question, I'll pass it on.

PalmerToCJ
03-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Pdub was the man. I really liked him here after he got going a little bit. Wish he could've stayed healthy.

Crickett
03-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Who would win in a fight, Steven Seagal or Chuck Norris?

No seriously,

How much of his failure in the NFL does he attribute to being drafted by the pre-Marvin Lewis Cincinnati Bengals who at the time turned top prospects into draft busts like it was their job?

In 2003 Peter Warrick seemed as though he was finally progressing as an NFL receiver putting up 79 receptions for 819 yards and 7 touchdowns (all of them being career highs). Was the injury he suffered in 2004 sufficiently bad that it essentially ended any chance of continuing that progression?

Hollywood
03-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Ask him if he got a discount on his shoes...

sweetness34
03-24-2009, 04:49 PM
Ask him if he got a discount on his shoes...

Coming from a fan with "The U" in his avatar I would be careful slinging mud at an in state rival. Miami had its share of shady events that took place with the football program.

Hollywood
03-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Coming from a fan with "The U" in his avatar I would be careful slinging mud at an in state rival. Miami had its share of shady events that took place with the football program.

What? i'm not slinging mud, I just think you should man up and ask some interesting questions instead of the same questions EVERY OTHER REPORTER who has to interview a has been athlete asks him like 'omg what was it like playing in the super bowl omg' or 'omg what was it like being a top 5 pick, i bet that was cool' or 'omg what was it like playing in the national title game, i bet that was fun!'

You obviously don't have to be a dick and ask him questions like why were you a failure but have fun with him and do something different that people might actually find interesting.

djp
03-24-2009, 05:09 PM
He was a horse in college.

tjsunstein
03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Ask him if he thinks Hilary Swank is hot.

Shane P. Hallam
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
I work for a local tv station and for one of our shows we are getting Peter Warrick in tomorrow night for an interview, or well we should be interviewing him tomorrow night, at least that's the plan.

Former top 5 draft pick, Sugar Bowl MVP, Heisman candidate and never lived up to his hype (for the very few who possibly didn't know who he was). Currently he's playing for the Bloomington Extreme which is our local indoor football team.

I know Warrick was a big time player in college, one of the best WR's I've had a chance to watch, and I think it's kinda cool he's scheduled to be at our studio tomorrow night.

You guys have any questions you'd like him to answer? Any that I like I'll pass on to our host before the show. I'll post a recap of the interview on Thursday.

I know there are a lot of guys who didn't live up to the hype but Warrick was something special to watch back in college and I think it's a bit strange that he wound up in Central ******* Illinois lol surrounded by a bunch of corn instead of beaches and ocean. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

Ask him how the NFL was compared to the AFL, CFL, and IFL since he played in all four.

Ask him what he felt in 2004 when he was hurt and saw T.J. Houshmandzadeh essentially take his job.

tjsunstein
03-24-2009, 06:48 PM
Ask him who he thinks is the most talented WR in the league and where he thinks he would rank among the guys today if he were healthy.

LonghornsLegend
03-24-2009, 06:52 PM
What? i'm not slinging mud, I just think you should man up and ask some interesting questions instead of the same questions EVERY OTHER REPORTER who has to interview a has been athlete asks him like 'omg what was it like playing in the super bowl omg' or 'omg what was it like being a top 5 pick, i bet that was cool' or 'omg what was it like playing in the national title game, i bet that was fun!'

You obviously don't have to be a dick and ask him questions like why were you a failure but have fun with him and do something different that people might actually find interesting.

Or maybe he could show some decency and respect for the fact that the dude is doing an interview anyway...You know there are some other intelligent questions to ask other then "omgzz was it fun in the sugar bowl game I bet!!1!!1".

There is nothing wrong with asking questions about football, the biggest difference between CFL and NFL, would he think about coming back to the NFL, if I wanted to hint around that whole store issue I'd probably ask him "what's the most important lesson he's learned in college or going through the draft process" or "what advice would you give to guys going through the whole process now".

It wouldn't be smart to start asking him specifically about that whole instance for one because it has nothing to do with today at all and it was a long time ago, might of been a relevant question if he was going to be drafted this year...Frankly I don't even care about it anymore, so I don't think that aspect is really adding anything special to the interview.

Hawk
03-24-2009, 06:53 PM
My car needs a wash. Ask him if he's interested.

art vandelay
03-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Can I get a Jamal Reynolds update too?

P-L
03-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Peter Warrick was ridiculous in college. Probably the best college wide receiver I've ever seen. One of the few wide receivers who could actually take over a game by himself. It's a shame he didn't find success in the NFL.

themaninblack
03-25-2009, 01:47 AM
I really think he was on the verge of being pretty good before he got hurt. In fact, I'd go so far as to say TJ Houshmanzadeh may never have emerged in the way he did if it weren't for Warrick's injury. Let's face it, he came to a team with NOTHING(aside from Dillon) on offense especially at WR and QB. His game against the Chiefs where he returned that PR for a TD was a thing of beauty especially when you consider what Dante Hall was doing that season and how he didn't do anything against us. Also was the game that Rudi Johnson emerged and probably the best game I've ever been to in my life.

Now, I'm not saying he would have been great(or that TJ still wouldn't have come around at some point) but he was definitely starting to become a solid 2 behind CJ. Kind of sad to see how far he has fallen as I was always a fan of his.

EDIT: sorry I dont have a question, just my 2 cents.

Mr. Hero
03-25-2009, 03:25 AM
Ask him if he hates ohio as much as I do. Cops aren't allowed to pull you over for doing 69 in a 65 and be dicks about it.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Ask him if he hates ohio as much as I do. Cops aren't allowed to pull you over for doing 69 in a 65 and be dicks about it.

I'm pretty sure they can :P

sweetness34
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
He actually did have a nice season before his injury and then Housh took his spot. He scored two touchdowns last week for the Extreme I believe. I really want to go see him play because he's hands down the best player in that league right now.

sweetness34
03-25-2009, 12:54 PM

I thought you were talking about his shoplifting charge with Laverneus Coles back in the day when you said ask him he got a discount on his shoes. My bad, misunderstood your post.

Mr. Hero
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
I'm pretty sure they can :P

Not when you're driving through the middle of nowhere ohio on the interstate. That's just so ridiculous. Cop let me off with a warning but I'm pretty sure it was because I was completely flabbergasted that he pulled me over and was from out of state, so he gave me a nice "the speed limit's not optional in ohio" speech and let me be on my way. That dick.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Not when you're driving through the middle of nowhere ohio on the interstate. That's just so ridiculous. Cop let me off with a warning but I'm pretty sure it was because I was completely flabbergasted that he pulled me over and was from out of state, so he gave me a nice "the speed limit's not optional in ohio" speech and let me be on my way. That dick.

Why not? You are breaking the law :P I'm not saying that they should, but they can.

Hawk
03-25-2009, 03:43 PM
The law isn't debatable.

Crickett
03-25-2009, 03:56 PM
The law isn't debatable.

http://www.nicholsonanderson.com/images/dc-supreme_court-v74_74042.jpg

O rly?

brat316
03-25-2009, 03:59 PM
The law isn't debatable.

you should be pulled over for going 60 then as well in a 65 zone.

P-L
03-25-2009, 04:01 PM
you should be pulled over for going 60 then as well in a 65 zone.
Not unless the minimum speed is over 60, which is highly unlikely. The speed limit is the most you can go, not the only speed you can go.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Not unless the minimum speed is over 60, which is highly unlikely. The speed limit is the most you can go, not the only speed you can go.

Where I am from the speed limit is always 10 kph (about 5 mph) above what it is listed as. Obviously there are exception like busy school areas and so on but people who go the speed limit here are considered slow.

P-L
03-25-2009, 04:07 PM
Where I am from the speed limit is always 10 kph (about 5 mph) above what it is listed as. Obviously there are exception like busy school areas and so on but people who go the speed limit here are considered slow.
Same. In Michigan cops don't even bother with you unless you're going more than 10 over.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Same. In Michigan cops don't even bother with you unless you're going more than 10 over.

Doing the conversion to KPH it is the exact same here. I can't think of a time I have seen someone pulled over for doing less than 20 over.

Shane P. Hallam
03-25-2009, 04:10 PM

As they are most places. I'm just saying technically, a speed LIMIT is a limit, and you can get a ticket for going even 1 MPH over it. Technically.

brat316
03-25-2009, 04:10 PM
In PA on I-95, near Philadelphia area, cops don't care unless your going over 25, sometimes 30. 55 is the limit but everyone drives at 70 mph on I-95.

Dr. Gonzo
03-25-2009, 04:14 PM
As they are most places. I'm just saying technically, a speed LIMIT is a limit, and you can get a ticket for going even 1 MPH over it. Technically.

Fair enough. It doesn't change the fact that handing out a speeding ticket to someone going 5 mph over the limit is a huge dick move. There are many laws that aren't enforced and going barely over the speed limit like everyone else does so as to be courteous to fellow drivers and getting a ticket for it is downright moronic on the part of the officer.

Mr. Hero
03-25-2009, 06:39 PM

In a lot of states the ticket for going 9 or less miles over the speed limit is lesser than 10+, that's why in pretty much every other state except for Ohio, cops won't hassle you for going 4 over when you're driving back to Buffalo from Minneapolis, with out of state plates.

sweetness34
03-25-2009, 07:39 PM
No interview fellas, he had to cancel but supposedly we have him scheduled for next Wednesday night, I'll keep this updated.