PDA

View Full Version : SteelCzar76's Final 1st round Mock,...(and sticking to it)

SteelCzar76
03-25-2009, 04:11 PM
1: Lions: Mark Sanchez

2: Rams: Matthew Stafford

3: Chiefs: Aaron Curry

4:Seahawks Jason Smith

5:Browns: Michael Crabtree

6: Bengals: Eugene Monroe

7: Raiders: Percy Harvin

8: Jaguars: Jeremy Maclin

9: Packers: Bj Raji

10: 49ers: Andre Smith

11: Bills: Brian Orakpo

12: Broncos: Brian Cushing

13: Redskins: Everette Brown

14: Saints: Malcom Jenkins

15 Texans: Vontae Davis

16:Chargers: Knowshon Moreno

17: Jets: Josh Freeman

18: Bears Michael Oher

19: Steelers (Via Bucs) Rey Maualuga

20: Lions: Peria Jerry

21: Eagles: Brandon Pettigrew

22: Vikings: Hakeem Nicks

23: Patriots: Louis Delmas (Or they package picks to trade up for Malcolm Jenkins)

24: Falcons: Clay Matthews

25: Dolphins: Kenny Britt

26: Ravens: Darius Heyward Bey

27: Colts: Evander Hood

28: Eagles: Chris Wells

29: Giants: Robert Ayers

30: Titans: Jarron Gilbert

31:Cardinals: Donald Brown

32:Bucs: Aaron Maybin

brat316
03-25-2009, 04:16 PM
where are the trades?

You gotta throw a trade in there, you honestly think this is going to happen?

Edit: didn't see the steelers move, but come on only 1.

Mr. Stiller
03-26-2009, 02:37 AM
Trade up for Rey?

I really really really really doubt that will happen.

Pitt
03-26-2009, 10:25 AM
I like trading up for Maualuga, but that is one terrible mock. You'd do yourself justice by not sticking to it.

THav916
03-26-2009, 12:03 PM
I don't like trading up for Rey

But I think it's a good mock. Actually, I'd rarely say anyone has a terrible mock draft. What do the 'experts' get right every year? 5-10? A lot of mock drafts look the same but the draft always unfolds differently. I like seeing a variety.

captainjack27
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Mauluaga? That's an AWFUL pick. WE DO NOT NEED A LB. We need to address OT or Cornerback. We have Farrior Foote and Timmons, why would we take another ILB? Not to mention that Mauluaga is completely overrated. I would break my tv if we drafted him.

brat316
03-26-2009, 12:11 PM
ahhah you had the Steelers taking Rey, but not Jackson a 3-4 DE the Steeler's defense could use.

Actually Jackson isn't even on there.

03-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow. I love Percy, but he's useless when we already have McFadden. Terrible situation for a great player.

Mr. Hero
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
I know this isn't about the giants but why would we draft a 4th DE in the first round. With DHB, Britt and Nicks gone I'm pretty sure we'd look at William Beatty as our franchise LT of the future.

Mr. Goosemahn
03-26-2009, 05:48 PM
While I'm not against getting Maualuga, and I think he could flourish in our system, I'd only take him if he dropped to our pick and a huge amount of improbable events happened. If we did trade up in the draft, I think we'd be aiming at Michael Oher, not Rey Maualuga.

As of now, Rey's not one of my top 5 prospects for the first round. In fact, he might not even be in the top ten. Be it need or overall talent, I'd take the following players before Maualuga (in no particular order):

Alex Mack
William Beatty
Eben Britton
Larry English
Clint Sintim
Vontae Davis
Tyson Jackson
Alphonso Smith
Darius Butler
Max Unger

THav916
03-26-2009, 06:34 PM
While I'm not against getting Maualuga, and I think he could flourish in our system, I'd only take him if he dropped to our pick and a huge amount of improbable events happened. If we did trade up in the draft, I think we'd be aiming at Michael Oher, not Rey Maualuga.

I totally agree Goose. I don't really want Rey, but first round is about getting studs and if he happened to fall to us, I'd consider him. I think Foote's got one more year and I think Rey would be a great replacement for Farrior by year 3 but I don't want to trade up for a guy we don't need.

But the thing is, SteelCzar LOVES Rey and isn't a big fan of Timmons. It's his mock, I wouldn't overanalyze.

If we're trading up, Oher, Britton, ASmith, or Tyson would be nice targets.

SteelCzar76
03-31-2009, 03:38 PM
I totally agree Goose. I don't really want Rey, but first round is about getting studs and if he happened to fall to us, I'd consider him. I think Foote's got one more year and I think Rey would be a great replacement for Farrior by year 3 but I don't want to trade up for a guy we don't need.

But the thing is, SteelCzar LOVES Rey and isn't a big fan of Timmons. It's his mock, I wouldn't overanalyze.

If we're trading up, Oher, Britton, ASmith, or Tyson would be nice targets.

Thanks for not "overanalyzing" Thav. And for the record,... it's not that i have a "Maualuga man crush" (lol) or a matter of simple Trojan homer pride,...i just think he'd be an exceptional MLB in coach Lebeau's system. (Along with the fact that Potsie isn't getting any younger, and i do not think Timmons can hold up for the duration of a season in the middle.)

I can also understand the perspective of the "Trench representatives" but it's my opinion that because of the fact that we are not rebuilding and in fact are returning most of the starters from a World Championship team,....we have some flexibility in terms of going after a young impact player in the first like Rey or Percy Harvin. (Harvin because Hines is in the same position as Farrior)

I'm not in favor of standing firm at 32 and taking a center when we could draft Shipley later whom i feel will be every bit as productive as Mack, Unger or Wood at the pro level. (If not more so) And Britton and Beatty are overrated in my opinion. Not poor players,..just overrated.

As far as the D-line,...who's to say Tyson Jackson, Hood, Jarron Gilbert or even Fili should be tapped in the first ? Are we not the most successful team in the league when it comes to finding five technique ends in the later rounds ?

And finally in terms of Corners,...i mean c'mon,... this is one of the most pedestrian group of corners that many have seen in quite a while. Who's to say that Getting a player like Macho later would not be just as effective for us (considering our system) as opposed to spending a first round pick on a "workout warrior" like Butler, "measurable stud" Sean Smith, or Alphonso smith ? Especially when considering the reality that Macho has been more productive than any of them at the collegiate level.

mikehop05
03-31-2009, 03:40 PM
theres no way we trade up for rey, i just cant get on board with that

SteelCzar76
03-31-2009, 03:48 PM
theres no way we trade up for rey, i just cant get on board with that

There's a great chance that we won't,..but then again,.since Tomlin has come aboard Colbert has become a great deal less predictable in the 1st. And i could very well see a trade up happening. And if that would be the case i would like for us to go after Rey or Harvin. And POSSIBLY Jenkins if they were off the board,.. as i think he would be a considerable upgrade at FS for us. (Not that Clark is a Bum,..but he is injury prone and has only one year remaining on his contract)

Mr. Stiller
04-01-2009, 12:25 AM
As far as the D-line,...who's to say Tyson Jackson, Hood, Jarron Gilbert or even Fili should be tapped in the first ? Are we not the most successful team in the league when it comes to finding five technique ends in the later rounds ?

Just to point this out (Not trying to be a dick) but..

Orien Harris, Eric Taylor, Ryan McBean, Shaun Nua, Shaun Paxton, Jordan Reffett, Kyle Clement disagree wholeheartedly with the bolded statement.

SteelCzar76
04-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Just to point this out (Not trying to be a dick) but..

Orien Harris, Eric Taylor, Ryan McBean, Shaun Nua, Shaun Paxton, Jordan Reffett, Kyle Clement disagree wholeheartedly with the bolded statement.

I understand your perspective Stiller,...but on the flipside,...i think Diesel (Aaron), Keisel, Van Oelhoffen, Seals, and Roye would agree that as an organization we usually have a knack for finding Quality five technique starters at DE. (Even though NONE of them were drafted in the 1st rnd by us or in Kimo's case the Bungals.)

Mr. Stiller
04-01-2009, 09:21 AM
I understand your perspective Stiller,...but on the flipside,...i think Diesel (Aaron), Keisel, Van Oelhoffen, Seals, and Roye would agree that as an organization we usually have a knack for finding Quality five technique starters at DE. (Even though NONE of them were drafted in the 1st rnd by us or in Kimo's case the Bungals.)

yes, but there hasn't been a successful DL Pick since Keisel. 7 years now.

SteelCzar76
04-01-2009, 10:59 AM
yes, but there hasn't been a successful DL Pick since Keisel. 7 years now.

Touche Stillers. But in all honesty let's evaluate what we look for in a DE in our scheme. It's a matter of finding a certain "type" of solid player to fit the said system as opposed to chasing the Julius Peppers type stud 4-3 blue chip D-lineman which are more difficult to come by.

What i mean is,...all of the cats whom would be available to us in the 1st fit the aforementioned "solid" description as opposed to being elite talents and henceforth have nearly the same probability of becoming busts like the other players that you mentioned in your previous post. Except,...this time,...it would cost a first round selection. And it's my opinion that that is not a risk we have to take at that point in the draft.

Mr. Stiller
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Touche Stillers. But in all honesty let's evaluate what we look for in a DE in our scheme. It's a matter of finding a certain "type" of solid player to fit the said system as opposed to chasing the Julius Peppers type stud 4-3 blue chip D-lineman which are more difficult to come by.

What i mean is,...all of the cats whom would be available to us in the 1st fit the aforementioned "solid" description as opposed to being elite talents and henceforth have nearly the same probability of becoming busts like the other players that you mentioned in your previous post. Except,...this time,...it would cost a first round selection. And it's my opinion that that is not a risk we have to take at that point in the draft.

Gilbert is the only guy that I see warranting first round consideration IMO.

I see nothing amazing out of Tyson Jackson.. I see just a guy who will take up space.

Gilbert I see as having the potential to be Lawrence Timmons of 3-4 DL.

Moala is a 2nd-3rd round consideration. as he's just another "Guy"

My opinion is, Tomlin is putting his spin on the defense. We'd have never drafted a guy like Lawrence Timmons.

I fear Rey Maualaga busting more so than Jarron Gilbert.

As for Maualaga.. I don't see what he could provide moreso than what Jasper Brinkley, Frantz Joseph, or Antonio Appleby could potentially bring (Brinkley especially).

Brinkley is more cerebral, a better run stuffer, and much better in coverage. he could also play some 3-4 OLB for when LeBeau mixes things up.

THav916
04-01-2009, 10:25 PM
I'd don't feel like jumping into this as I realize it'll go nowhere. But I'll ask SteelCzar to continue on and let us see what type of draft you'd have planned for the Steelers. We know you'd trade up for Rey, so make a trade, give us Rey, and then follow through with the rest of the picks we'd have left. Maybe you've done this but I didn't notice.

Mr. Stiller
04-02-2009, 03:20 AM
I'd don't feel like jumping into this as I realize it'll go nowhere. But I'll ask SteelCzar to continue on and let us see what type of draft you'd have planned for the Steelers. We know you'd trade up for Rey, so make a trade, give us Rey, and then follow through with the rest of the picks we'd have left. Maybe you've done this but I didn't notice.

I wasn't trying to pick a fight.

I may come off that way and I apologize.

I'm just saying good ILB/WR/OLB/CB is deep in this draft.

As is OG/C. DE is where it's skimpy. And with 3 new 3-4 Teams, grabbing a guy who could potentially be one of the best 3-4 DE's in the league in 2-3 years, isn't a bad choice for a first round pick.

If the Steelers take Gilbert... I'll believe they did their homework.

I still think he's going to fall into late round 2 and we trade a 4th or 5th+6th to get him.

THav916
04-02-2009, 06:14 AM

As is OG/C. DE is where it's skimpy. And with 3 new 3-4 Teams, grabbing a guy who could potentially be one of the best 3-4 DE's in the league in 2-3 years, isn't a bad choice for a first round pick.

I still think he's going to fall into late round 2 and we trade a 4th or 5th+6th to get him.

Ha, i agree more with you than what SteelCzar was saying, I just knew if I gave my thoughts disagreeing with him it'd go nowhere

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 07:41 AM

I'd use our 3rd, fifth and 1st to move up and select Rey. Then i'd take Macho at the bottom of the second, followed by Shipley in the 4th, Johnny Knox or Dominique Edison in the 5th (comp pick) Cornelius Lewis in the 6th, and Zach Potter in the 7th.

Or

Use our 3rd, fifth and 1st to move up and select Harvin. Followed by the aforementioned players,....with Brinkley in the place of Edison or Knox.

I like Brinkley,.he's tackles with authority, got nice size and athleticism,....but he's no better in coverage than Rey, doesn't use his hands any better and is considered just as unrefined if not more. (Nothing that like Rey, cannot be corrected with coaching) But i've got to give Rey the edge because of his Trojan pedigree. But i could live with him (Brinkley) later,..if we went with Harvin in the 1st.

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 07:46 AM

No need for apologies Stillers,...we're just "Chopping things up". I'm not offended by your opinion of Maualuga,...as i'm sure that you aren't taking it personally that i'm not sold on Jarron. (Or any of the other supposed big board 3-4 DE's)

THav916
04-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Yea, lots of ways to slice it up.

We all have our thoughts on who we like and don't like and how we want to build the team. Those thoughts then are extremely evident in our mock drafts and thoughts. I'm no different.

I like a strong OL, a strong front 7. I think the best pass defense is a good pass rush and think no matter how good a CB is, after 15 seconds, I'd get open on one let alone an NFL WR.

No wonder with that said, I'd love studs on the OL and DL early and often. And I'd like a mid-round scheme fitting guy at CB.

The things that stood out about this post to me...

I also think it's an overrated fact that we've had all this success finding DE's late in the draft. I'm glad Stiller listed all of the DE's over the past 5 years that have been busts. Whether we take one on the first day or not, I'd still like to come away from this draft with 2 DE's just because we need youth there so badly. I strongly disagree with anyone thinking it's just simple to add stud DE's later in the draft. You can't just find Aaron Smith's every year late in the draft. He's the exception, not the rule.

That goes hand in hand with the different philosophies of early drafting. I'm sorry to speak for others, but SteelCzar seems against OL and DL in the first and would rather go after a glamorous WR or ILB like Harvin or Rey. Our DE's don't get 15 sacks a year, but it's still just as important to have a stud in our defense. Likewise on OL, an Alex Mack isn't going to come in with a 4.5 and accumulate sacks, but I do think he can be an All-Pro. I woulda loved Merling in the first last year and/or Langford in the second.

That that segues into SteelCzar's thoughts about DE's...'Who's to say that those players should be picked in the first round?' Who's to say anyone should be? Gilbert might bust? Sure, but so could Harvin or Rey. Or Mack or Unger. I'm aware of everything enough to realize that no matter what I like or don't like, there are other ways to do things.

And just like pointing to Shipley being just as good as Mack, you can do that at most other positions, too. I think this goes back to how we'd all like to build our team. I think Joe Burnett could be just as effective as Alphonso Smith. Someone thinks Brinkley could be just as effective as Rey. Someone might think Mike Wallace could be just as effective as Percy Harvin. And Czar thinks Shipley could be just as effective as Mack.

This is why even though I disagree strongly with your thoughts, they are your thoughts so I didn't overanalyze your draft, as none of our thoughts on here matter anyway. It's always interesting to see how people that watch and like the same team differ in their thoughts.

Here's a question for you Czar, would you ever want to draft a Center or DE in the first round? The Mack/Unger/Wood combo seems like one of the best Center combo's in recent memory to me and you're against them at the very last pick in the first. As for DE, it seems like the way you view our DE's, you wouldn't want to use a pick on a DE in the first. You're pointing to guys we don't need, sexier picks, guys you personally love. I'm all about studs in the first round, I just think a stud at a position of need is the best and I think Mack/Unger/Wood/Britton/gilbert/Tyson can be studs. So what I'm getting at, is trying to figure out if most of your thoughts are just biased for players you love (Harvin and Rey), don't love the specific C's and DE's in THIS draft, or don't like C's and De's in the first round and always prefer sexier picks. Or maybe all three.

THav916
04-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I'd use our 3rd, fifth and 1st to move up and select Rey. Then i'd take Macho at the bottom of the second, followed by Shipley in the 4th, Johnny Knox or Dominique Edison in the 5th (comp pick) Cornelius Lewis in the 6th, and Zach Potter in the 7th.

Or

Use our 3rd, fifth and 1st to move up and select Harvin. Followed by the aforementioned players,....with Brinkley in the place of Edison or Knox.

I like Brinkley,.he's tackles with authority, got nice size and athleticism,....but he's no better in coverage than Rey, doesn't use his hands any better and is considered just as unrefined if not more. (Nothing that like Rey, cannot be corrected with coaching) But i've got to give Rey the edge because of his Trojan pedigree. But i could live with him (Brinkley) later,..if we went with Harvin in the 1st.

Thanks. I guess I should have just looked at your sig.

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Here's a question for you Czar, would you ever want to draft a Center or DE in the first round? The Mack/Unger/Wood combo seems like one of the best Center combo's in recent memory to me and you're against them at the very last pick in the first. As for DE, it seems like the way you view our DE's, you wouldn't want to use a pick on a DE in the first. You're pointing to guys we don't need, sexier picks, guys you personally love. I'm all about studs in the first round, I just think a stud at a position of need is the best and I think Mack/Unger/Wood/Britton/gilbert/Tyson can be studs. So what I'm getting at, is trying to figure out if most of your thoughts are just biased for players you love (Harvin and Rey), don't love the specific C's and DE's in THIS draft, or don't like C's and De's in the first round and always prefer sexier picks. Or maybe all three.

Good question Thav. I'd have to say that it's my personal philosophy that if one is drafting lets say within the top 20 picks,..and your in need of a premier Guard, Tackle or elite Defensive lineman (That's not a tweener),...pull the trigger.

When it comes to Centers however,...i would never select one in the 1st no matter what the hype,...UNLESS he was the second coming of Iron Mike, the O-line was in absoloute shambles and the said player was not only the best C available, ...but lineman period.

It's not a matter of me prefering the "sexier" prospects per se as much as it is a matter of value. I do not consider a "Decent space eater" like Jackson, a "hyped measurable speciman" like Gilbert, any of this years Mediocre and or tiny Corners, or even truly solid Centers like Mack and Wood,.. to be of equal value to Maualuga and or Harvin.

And as such ,..who says we HAVE to sit idle at 32 when we can actually go after a player whom we can have a great deal of confidence will prove to be a considerable asset as opposed to a nearly flat out gamble ? Granted,...all selections are a risk to some degree,..and i believe minimizing your risks as much as possible,..but not at the sake of completely passing on rare talent.

THav916
04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Good question Thav. I'd have to say that it's my personal philosophy that if one is drafting lets say within the top 20 picks,..and your in need of a premier Guard, Tackle or elite Defensive lineman (That's not a tweener),...pull the trigger.

When it comes to Centers however,...i would never select one in the 1st no matter what the hype,...UNLESS he was the second coming of Iron Mike, the O-line was in absoloute shambles and the said player was not only the best C available, ...but lineman period.

It's not a matter of me prefering the "sexier" prospects per se as much as it is a matter of value. I do not consider a "Decent space eater" like Jackson, a "hyped measurable speciman" like Gilbert, any of this years Mediocre and or tiny Corners, or even truly solid Centers like Mack and Wood,.. to be of equal value to Maualuga and or Harvin.

And as such ,..who says we HAVE to sit idle at 32 when we can actually go after a player whom we can have a great deal of confidence will prove to be a considerable asset as opposed to a nearly flat out gamble ? Granted,...all selections are a risk to some degree,..and i believe minimizing your risks as much as possible,..but not at the sake of completely passing on rare talent.

Ok, I'd say my main disagreement is how we view these players.

The players you don't like...I strongly disagree that they are simply flat out gambles.

The players you do like, I strongly disagree they are clear cut far better prospects, less risk and that much more talented.

I also disagree with your philosophy. Just because you don't value C's or DE's doesn't mean they don't have value. I'm sorry but I think this is what you fail to look at with an open mind. Value is overrated in my mind because no one can predict the future anyway. But in general, a pro bowl Center in the 1st round or a Pro Bowl DE in our system would make for great first round picks. I would gladly take another Aaron Smith in the first round. And while you try to deny it, I still think from your comments that you prefer glamorous and sexier picks in the first round.

All in all I guess that's why I like different players in the first round than you do.

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Ok, I'd say my main disagreement is how we view these players.

The players you don't like...I strongly disagree that they are simply flat out gambles.

The players you do like, I strongly disagree they are clear cut far better prospects, less risk and that much more talented.

I also disagree with your philosophy. Just because you don't value C's or DE's doesn't mean they don't have value. I'm sorry but I think this is what you fail to look at with an open mind. Value is overrated in my mind because no one can predict the future anyway. But in general, a pro bowl Center in the 1st round or a Pro Bowl DE in our system would make for great first round picks. I would gladly take another Aaron Smith in the first round. And while you try to deny it, I still think from your comments that you prefer glamorous and sexier picks in the first round.

All in all I guess that's why I like different players in the first round than you do.

Is that not the beauty of free will and or personal preference Thav ? I prefer to believe that if "One is thinking like everyone else,..they are hardly thinking for themselves".

We are actually in agreement in terms of Mack, and Woods' talent,..just not whether or not they are better players than those that i consider exceptional football players.

As far as me having a preference for the sexier picks,. in terms of Wide receivers wouldn't those picks (sexy) be Crabtree or Maclin. and out of the Backers wouldn't those invariably be Curry, Orakpo, Cush and Clay ?

What i'am saying is that no one else's opinion dictates which players i consider exceptionally talented and or good fits for the Steelers,...i come to those conclusions on my own by watching these kids play, various other forms of "homework", researching their mental makeup and evaluating our needs from a perspective of "what's on the horizon" in terms priority concerning said needs.

Granted it can be argued that we have needs in terms of youth and talent along the O-line, D-line, and in the secondary,...but i also see those same needs at WR/KR and MLB. And this year in particular,...because we are returning most of a roster that just won a World title,...i feel as though we have some breathing room to go after a player in the first whom would provide immediate impact as opposed to one whom many of the Steelernation will proclaim "Great" and or elite just simply because we drafted them,...and but yet they proceed to take three to four years to beat out an aged ,average, career overacheiving starter. LOL

THav916
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Is that not the beauty of free will and or personal preference Thav ? I prefer to believe that if "One is thinking like everyone else,..they are hardly thinking for themselves".

We are actually in agreement in terms of Mack, and Woods' talent,..just not whether or not they are better players than those that i consider exceptional football players.

As far as me having a preference for the sexier picks,. in terms of Wide receivers wouldn't those picks (sexy) be Crabtree or Maclin. and out of the Backers wouldn't those invariably be Curry, Orakpo, Cush and Clay ?

What i'am saying is that no one else's opinion dictates which players i consider exceptionally talented and or good fits for the Steelers,...i come to those conclusions on my own by watching these kids play, various other forms of "homework", researching their mental makeup and evaluating our needs from a perspective of "what's on the horizon" in terms priority concerning said needs.

Granted it can be argued that we have needs in terms of youth and talent along the O-line, D-line, and in the secondary,...but i also see those same needs at WR/KR and MLB. And this year in particular,...because we are returning most of a roster that just won a World title,...i feel as though we have some breathing room to go after a player in the first whom would provide immediate impact as opposed to one whom many of the Steelernation will proclaim "Great" and or elite just simply because we drafted them,...and but yet they proceed to take three to four years to beat out an aged ,average, career overacheiving starter. LOL

How many WR's in the draft do you rate higher than Harvin?

How many LB's higher than Rey? ILB's higher than Rey?

What players in the draft do you personally like more than Harvin and Rey?

I think Harvin could be the sexiest WR in the draft and Rey 2nd defensively to Orakpo but that's a subjective ranking anyway. But the way they are flashly and dynamic and big name/big school and more in our ball park anyway.

Do you think a player that is a Pro Bowl player at Center is an exceptional talent? Are Kevin Mawae & Nick Mangold exceptional talents? What about Faneca in prime or Logan Mankins?

Mendenhall and Sweed were sexier picks last year and they didn't start. I think we're good enough that I don't expect our first round pick, no matter the position, to start right away anyway.

You seem to be ignoring the need for Pro Bowl quality players on each line, and/or think it's easy to get later in the draft. Also, it seems like you love Rey and Harvin and therefore want him for personal reasons.

THav916
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
I really don't even hate the draft of

Rey
Macho
Shipley
Knox
Lewis
Potter

It's got some nice players, nice talent, two offensive lineman, mid-round CB and WR. What worries me most is only taking 1 DL, a DE in the 7th round. We need youth at defensive line badly. I'd be very worried about a draft that only included 1 DL, especially with that DL being taken in the 7th round, giving about a 50/50 chance to even stay on the team.

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I really don't even hate the draft of

Rey
Macho
Shipley
Knox
Lewis
Potter

It's got some nice players, nice talent, two offensive lineman, mid-round CB and WR. What worries me most is only taking 1 DL, a DE in the 7th round. We need youth at defensive line badly. I'd be very worried about a draft that only included 1 DL, especially with that DL being taken in the 7th round, giving about a 50/50 chance to even stay on the team.

I feel your concern with this Thav (1 D-lineman late) But i just do not feel as though Gilbert or Jackson are impressive enough to take in the 1st round,..let alone future Pro Bowlers. (So why reach early for a 5 technique end, out of desperation ?) To me Gilbert has Jammal Anderson written all over him and Jackson will take at least three seasons to pan out,...if he ever does.(And IMO that's not first round talent outside of a QB)

And for the record i'am not a woman,..so i do not "Love" Rey or Harvin. I simply consider them better football players than Gilbert, Jackson, or even Mack and Wood.

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 03:41 PM

Or

Correction,...i'd have to use our 1st, 3rd, 5th and next years 3rd. (Per draft value chart),.......

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 04:46 PM
On a different note Cutler has been traded to the Bears. What do you think that the odds are that Denver packages their 1st rnd pick along with that of Chicago's to trade up with let's say,...KC,..to select Mark Sanchez or Stafford ?(Depending upon whom goes 1st ?)

THav916
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
I feel your concern with this Thav (1 D-lineman late) But i just do not feel as though Gilbert or Jackson are impressive enough to take in the 1st round,..let alone future Pro Bowlers. (So why reach early for a 5 technique end, out of desperation ?) To me Gilbert has Jammal Anderson written all over him and Jackson will take at least three seasons to pan out,...if he ever does.(And IMO that's not first round talent outside of a QB)

And for the record i'am not a woman,..so i do not "Love" Rey or Harvin. I simply consider them better football players than Gilbert, Jackson, or even Mack and Wood.

It's a reach in your opinion. I hope you realize that it's you're opinion and not necessarily true (as I realize my opinion is not truth either). Patriots seemed to be 'reaching' for Logan Mankins. Trading up for Rey or Harvin could be a reach, too.

Thanks for the clarification on the male/female. Maybe you're trying to be funny, but I think it's quite obvious if anyone talks about 'Loving' a football player, it's known what that means. I knew originally this conversation would go nowhere. How bout you just don't respond and I'll stop as well.

SteelCzar76
04-02-2009, 11:18 PM
It's a reach in your opinion. I hope you realize that it's you're opinion and not necessarily true (as I realize my opinion is not truth either). Patriots seemed to be 'reaching' for Logan Mankins. Trading up for Rey or Harvin could be a reach, too.

Thanks for the clarification on the male/female. Maybe you're trying to be funny, but I think it's quite obvious if anyone talks about 'Loving' a football player, it's known what that means. I knew originally this conversation would go nowhere. How bout you just don't respond and I'll stop as well.

LOL,..it's good Thav. "Ya know,..if i thought you were'nt my friend,...i don't know if i could bear it?" Let's just agree to disagree,..but at the same time gain insight and or enlightenment.