PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Patrick Kerney

falconsrule
03-06-2007, 03:53 PM
who are your favorites in this year draft at the DE posistion? and what posistion do you think we will take with the #10 selection. And besides Landry who are your favorites at the FS posistion?

falconsrule
03-06-2007, 04:08 PM
If Houston take Landry at #8 I think we should consider either Brandon Meriweather or Reggie Nelson in round 2 or trade up because these two guys could come inn right away and start...Ive been thinking if Adams,Anderson,Branch,and Levi are all off the board when we pick...Maybe we should consider Amobi Okoye...If we can get him to lose 10 to 15 pounds I think he could play the LE posistion

Shiver
03-06-2007, 04:35 PM
I heard Jarvis Moss is climbing fast. He has the frame to play at 6'6" 275-lbs. The first year he could just play on passing downs, until he grew into being a full time player. Chancey Davis is fine on run downs, anyway.

If we wait, I would love to acquire either Victor Abiamiri or Tim Crowder.

SimonRath
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
If Houston take Landry at #8 I think we should consider either Brandon Meriweather or Reggie Nelson in round 2 or trade up because these two guys could come inn right away and start...Ive been thinking if Adams,Anderson,Branch,and Levi are all off the board when we pick...Maybe we should consider Amobi Okoye...If we can get him to lose 10 to 15 pounds I think he could play the LE posistion

Yes, I would also take Nelson in the 2nd round. But if Nelson just so happened to fall the the 2nd round there is almost no chance he'll fall to us.

JDB7821
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I heard Jarvis Moss is climbing fast. He has the frame to play at 6'6" 275-lbs. The first year he could just play on passing downs, until he grew into being a full time player. Chancey Davis is fine on run downs, anyway.

If we wait, I would love to acquire either Victor Abiamiri or Tim Crowder.

I thought Moss weighed in at 250? He could gain some weight, but I don't know if 25 lbs is possible.

Shiver
03-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Err ... 265 is what I meant. That is definitely realistic for his 6'6" frame.

d34ng3l021
03-07-2007, 02:41 AM
Moss at 10? I dont think his stock can climb that high, unless he runs a ridiculous time at his Pro-Day, which I wouldnt trust too much...If we do trade down, I hope we trade down for Charles Johnson. I like the guy...Solid size and strength, and decent timed speed.

Xiomera
03-10-2007, 11:36 AM
What do you guys think about Adam Carriker? Is it plausible that you could take him at 10?

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Well your secondary will now suffer with a lot less pressure, and D-Hall will suck more than he does already, lol.

Xiomera
03-10-2007, 11:40 AM
Well your secondary will now suffer with a lot less pressure, and D-Hall will suck more than he does already, lol.

Thank you for not answering my question . . . I am looking for the opinion of a Falcons fan.

binary
03-10-2007, 11:41 AM
What do you guys think about Adam Carriker? Is it plausible that you could take him at 10?

I think most 4-3 teams realize that putting Carriker at DE is not utilizing him to his full potential, he's perfect for a 3-4 team.

Xiomera
03-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I think most 4-3 teams realize that putting Carriker at DE is not utilizing him to his full potential, he's perfect for a 3-4 team.

Would you consider taking Jamaal Anderson then? Or is DE a position you think can be addressed later in the draft?

TNewFan41
03-10-2007, 11:48 AM
LOL, I was just messing around. I love Carriker though, I think he is would help the falcons more than Landry.

Shiver
03-10-2007, 01:24 PM
I personally like the idea of drafting Carriker.

Draft King
03-10-2007, 02:17 PM
To replace Kerney I would preferably want Anderson at #10, for some reason I really don't like Carriker and would much rather choose a guy like Landry at 10 and then maybe before as Shiver stated a guy like Crowder in the 2nd.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
To replace Kerney I would preferably want Anderson at #10, for some reason I really don't like Carriker and would much rather choose a guy like Landry at 10 and then maybe before as Shiver stated a guy like Crowder in the 2nd.

My feelings exactly.

iloxygenil
03-10-2007, 02:29 PM
I think DEs are SO deep this year, we don't need to get one in the first round, but if we do at #10 if Landry is gone, I would like Jamaal Anderson

D-Rod
03-10-2007, 03:06 PM
McKay explicitly stated that you can get a high calibre DE in the 2nd or even 3rd this year, so perhaps that is what we are planning. Or perhaps it is smoke, and we are desperate for Anderson or Carriker. I'd take either gladly.

Shiver
03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
The guy I really like is Victor Abiamiri, if he slides to our pick that is. Crowder is good too.

toonsterwu
03-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Personally, if I'm the Falcons, I target DE in round 2. I wouldn't wait till the 3rd, as the crop thins out somewhat, but a solid DE can be found in the 2nd. What about the first, then? Well, I think it'll depend on how the board shakes out.

If Peterson is there, I think the Falcons take him and address their other needs later.

If not, then it'll depend on the board. DB and OL would obviously be at the top of the consideration list ... although it's somewhat iffy if Levi Brown now deserves top 10 consideration. That said, while this likely won't receive much support, I do think that, if Alan Branch or Amobi Okoye are there, that needs to be a consideration. The DT value takes a nose dive, and the Falcons could use a DT, with Grady coming off surgery. DB's can be found later in this draft.

Ideally, you'd be able to get additional picks from a Schaub deal, allowing you a lot more options in what you do.

Shiver
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Levi Brown is interesting. It seems to be a love him/hate him thing, depending on where I look for info. Personally, I don't think he is an option at #10. It just doesn't seem to fit McKay's "B.P.A" Modus Operandi. I think the team will draft whomever falls further than expected, that isn't a Quarterback. That is why I feel Adrian Peterson is too good to pass up.

I wouldn't disagree that DT is a possibility. Grady Jackson is old, and the team was reported to be disappointed in the depth players at NT last year. Coleman is good, Babineaux is a fine player rotating in at UT, but he may be in hot water with his legal issues. Could Petrino really let the team pass on Okoye? I'm not sure about that. Though I wonder; would Okoye be a 4-3 NT, or UT? I have read conflicting statements regarding his true pro position.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I never really understood the difference between NT and UT. Care to explain?

Shiver
03-10-2007, 05:57 PM
The UT usually is a penetrator who disrupts plays in the backfield. Think Tommie Harris, Warren Sapp, Rod Coleman. Meanwhile the NT lines up between Guard and Center, and has more run stopping assignment. Think Grady Jackson last year for us, or Pat Williams, etcetera.

d34ng3l021
03-10-2007, 06:10 PM
It honestly depends on who is on the board. DE is very deep this year, so we might address that in the 2nd, but the Safety class is very deep too, so addressing that issue in the 2nd is a possibility too.

Here is my big board (realistic)

1. Gaines Adams (chances are low, I know)
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Laron Landry
4. Jamaal Anderson
5. Alan Branch
6. Amobi Okoye
7. Adam Carriker
8. Trade Down
9. Reggie Nelson
10. Levi Brown

thefalconer
03-10-2007, 07:46 PM
me personally, don't wanna see adrian peterson in a falcons uni this season. we have needs to fill. drafting him would be a luxury. landry or BPA DE. simple as that. then in the second round we address whichever postion we didnt get and in the third we focus on OL depth. however if we happen to get a first rounder for schaub, which i think is unlikely, we can address both the FS need as well as the DE need and in the second grab tony hunt. that would be ideal for me. if womack gets signed by us, then i think we had a very successful fa.

doesnt all day not fit the power back petrino wants anyways?

d34ng3l021
03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
If you dont believe AD is a powerback, then you are terribly wrong. His height, weight, and combine numbers may not show it, but his playing sure does.

thefalconer
03-10-2007, 08:16 PM
i dont intend for this to be a sarcastic statement, have there been any recent nfl players that you think peterson compares to?

ATLDirtyBirds
03-10-2007, 08:19 PM
i dont intend for this to be a sarcastic statement, have there been any recent nfl players that you think peterson compares to?

Bo Jackson.

J-Dub
03-10-2007, 08:21 PM
larry johnson

d34ng3l021
03-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree with Larry Johnson. Good blend of speed and size, and is a VERY VERY tough runner. Both are work horses too.

Shiver
03-10-2007, 09:13 PM
I think he's at worst Deuce McAllister, at best Eric Dickerson.

GDawg239
03-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I think the only way we pick Peterson is if Landry, Adams, Anderson, Okoye, Branch, all go before we pick....Levi is a reach at ten, and Carriker is solid, but there are other DEs later in the draft....

Shiver
03-10-2007, 09:48 PM
McKay has been pretty clear on reaching for 'need' positions. He doesn't do it. I have my doubts as to the players you listed, with exception to Adams, and maybe Landry, would grade over Peterson.

thefalconer
03-10-2007, 10:01 PM
wow those are great comparisons. i never saw him as a LJ kind of player. im thinking the browns take him..

Shiver
03-10-2007, 10:03 PM
If the Browns don't, there is no one between us and them to take him. Unless someone trades up, that is.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-10-2007, 10:11 PM
As much as I love Jerious, the only person in the draft I would grade over Adrian is Calvin. Adrian is a freak.

Shiver
03-10-2007, 10:18 PM
As much as I love Jerious, the only person in the draft I would grade over Adrian is Calvin. Adrian is a freak.

I love Jerious, but it's pretty evident he isn't cut out to be a feature back. He couldn't even stay healthy last year, when he was only getting 8-10 touches per game.

thefalconer
03-10-2007, 10:36 PM
i kinda thought of this last season, but what about norwood returning kicks and punts for us if we do get feature back otehr than dunn? he is just so explosive. i hope he can stay healthy though.

d34ng3l021
03-10-2007, 10:41 PM
He couldnt stay healthy? Wasnt he just hurt for like 1 game? Dont even remember what injury it was.

You think the Texans take him? They did sign Green, but he isnt a long term solution.

thefalconer
03-10-2007, 10:51 PM
yeah, the texans.. idk what they were thinking. green is over the hill. i woulda preferred domanick davis. i doubt they take AD since they got green. they have so many needs to fill. i doubt they make two acquisitions for the same position, let alone with the 8th pick.

GDawg239
03-10-2007, 10:52 PM
I love Jerious, but it's pretty evident he isn't cut out to be a feature back. He couldn't even stay healthy last year, when he was only getting 8-10 touches per game.

Just cause he had 1 minor injury doesnt mean he cant be a feature back...

iloxygenil
03-10-2007, 11:26 PM
He's not injury prone at all, it was an awkward twist of the knee that got him last season. The reason he didn't play more is our coaching staff was pitiful, one of the worst in the NFL.

GDawg239
03-10-2007, 11:42 PM
he was a starting feature back at miss st for 4 years and never had a serious injury, correct me if im wrong...

Shiver
03-11-2007, 01:52 AM
He's not injury prone at all, it was an awkward twist of the knee that got him last season. The reason he didn't play more is our coaching staff was pitiful, one of the worst in the NFL.

He got hurt twice, once in the Detroit game, once in the Tampa Bay game. Both times he missed the following week. That is disconcerting for a RB that only touched the ball around 8 times per game. Unless he really bulks up, he has '2' in a 1-2 punch written all over him. He is just too diminutive at this point, he has a Wide Receiver's frame.

iloxygenil
03-11-2007, 10:38 AM
The way he ran over Carolina and everyone all year long makes him have the possibility of a #1 back imo. He's got too much talent, his ability is just wicked. Runs just like OJ Simpson, and that's insanely good, we'll see this season, but the injury was the same injury in both games, it was just something that lingered because of the fact it was a knee injury on a RB, he's 100% now, and will be good to go.

As far as replacing Kerney goes, I think Alma-Francis is my top choice. I think his size / speed (which isn't elite) / stregnth is exactly what we need over there. I think that a rotation with him and Chauncey could be a great thing. Throwing Carrington in on Abe's side from time to time, I think we could have a nasty DE rotation. I'm not sure how late Alma-Francis will be there, but I'm thinkin he could go as low as round 3 because of his 'injury'

ATLDirtyBirds
03-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Bleh. My main pick is Jarvis Moss, but there is a very small chance he falls to our 2nd. After that is probaly Crowder than Ambrini (sp)

Draft King
03-11-2007, 11:47 AM
I would be soooooo excited if AP dropped to us, I believe this man will flat out dominate the NFL, combined with Jerious Norwood and the additions of Joe Horn and Ovie Mughelli, our offense could be unstoppable.

LonghornsLegend
03-12-2007, 01:42 AM

ricky williams