PDA

View Full Version : Just an Idea....

proshoota25
03-26-2009, 02:07 PM
So i was thinking up something a lil earlier. Would you guys want to have a little competition amongst us patriots die hards to see who can predict the players we will pick? I say we do a mock draft through the first three rounds, and whomever selects the most correct player picks can carry the title underneath their sig "#1 Patriots Mockster" or something better that we can think of. If you want to play for fun, i think we should submit our own mock drafts a day or two before the draft. i think we can throw out whether or not we trade for someone or not, just whomever selects the most patriots players that are selected. what do you think?

TNPatsFan
03-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Predict what Belichick is gonna do? I think that's impossible. But it could be fun to try.

Don Vito
03-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I think thats a great idea. Like TNPatsFan said, it is really tough to predict what our staff will do, but that will make it that much more fun.

Bigburt63
03-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Ya I'm in, should be really tough ;)

Nalej
03-26-2009, 04:00 PM
I like it- and I'm down.

Prediction: The person who wins will have only ONE correct pick lol

TNPatsFan
03-26-2009, 04:24 PM
The only correct prediction is the one that says the Pats will not use all those picks, at least not in their current slots.

proshoota25
03-26-2009, 05:18 PM
lmao to your sig TNPatsFan

FlyingElvis
03-27-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm in. This should be interesting. I predict a 5 way tie. :D

I laughed at the sig, too. But you forgot Moore . . . he's climbing up boards, imo.

TNPatsFan
03-27-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm in. This should be interesting. I predict a 5 way tie. :D

I laughed at the sig, too. But you forgot Moore . . . he's climbing up boards, imo.

yeah when I started realizing how many M's there were I had to draw the line and keep Moore in round 2. I also left Monroe out because he'll be long gone. Wouldn't mind getting either of Monroe or Moore though.

FlyingElvis
03-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Ha! Monroe would be nice. You could sub Moore for Maclin b/c I doubt Maclin makes it past Oak/Jax.

lol - I get you though. You could hit the sig limit w/players starting with M.

AntoinCD
03-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Yea sounds like a good idea. Count me in. Im sayin at least two trades there either up or down but im not tellin you what i think. I want that prize lol

sdotcarter33
03-27-2009, 09:39 PM
HAHA, i agree sounds fun/ impossible.....when is the deadline? the day before?

proshoota25
03-28-2009, 03:20 PM
yeah im going to say the deadline is due the day before. ALSO, you can not edit your picks, i think you should be disqualified if you do. What should be the title underneath our sig to the winner? should it be "#1 Patriots Mockster" or "DC Official Patriots Mockster"? what should the title be? gimme some ideas.....

bhyg
03-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I would like to be included as well. Thank you for aksing us.

Once you put the title "FINAL MOCK" that would lock in your picks and if you don't put the title it won't count. Is that o.k.? Deadline Midnight EST the day before the draft. Is that o.k. too?

Can we trade or sell the title you want to give to the winner?

My early prediction is that we end up with one 1, two 2's, one 3, one 4, one 5, and one 6 AND at least two picks next year from that.

I wouldn't be suprised if the PATS target a few players and go and get them with absolutely NO regard to the "draft value chart".

Should we keep all the picks for the sake of this mock so that each person has the full number of picks to try to peg those players that the PATS take? I think that would be best. Any thoughts?

Thanks again.

FlyingElvis
03-31-2009, 11:01 AM
The top 6 picks is the best way to go, I think. No concerns about trades since they could screw up everyone's board equally. Post 6 names and see who gets the most out of those 6. I doubt we'll need anything too crazy to ensure the picks are in by the right time. The time stamp is on each post and if it gets edited the time is included there as well. So any post or edit that is stamped after 11.59 pm EST on April 24th would be disqualified.

How does "Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion" sound for the sig line? Any other suggestions?

Something as a sig image, either a hack job (see mine below lol) or ask someone with skills in the sig thread to make something super sexy for us.

EDIT: Added pic & fixed date.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/sigs%20n%20avs/pats_challenge_sig.jpg

proshoota25
03-31-2009, 11:37 AM
lol i like that sig....... thats dope

FlyingElvis
03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Thanks. Simple, but it gets the job done. I can't recall the sig limits, but I'm pretty sure I'd need to shrink it a little if we choose to go with it.

FlyingElvis
03-31-2009, 12:25 PM
Resized to comply with sig limits

Wording can change or another one can be done by one of our resident pros still, of course.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/sigs%20n%20avs/pats_challenge_sig-1.jpg

bhyg
03-31-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm on board. Top six picks it is

Don Vito
03-31-2009, 01:10 PM
This should be very interesting, can't wait.

nepg
03-31-2009, 01:32 PM
The top 6 picks is the best way to go, I think. No concerns about trades since they could screw up everyone's board equally. Post 6 names and see who gets the most out of those 6. I doubt we'll need anything too crazy to ensure the picks are in by the right time. The time stamp is on each post and if it gets edited the time is included there as well. So any post or edit that is stamped after 11.59 pm EST on April 24th would be disqualified.

How does "Patriots Master Mockster Challenge Champion" sound for the sig line? Any other suggestions?

Something as a sig image, either a hack job (see mine below lol) or ask someone with skills in the sig thread to make something super sexy for us.

EDIT: Added pic & fixed date.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/sigs%20n%20avs/pats_challenge_sig.jpg

How are we going to score this?

1 point for getting the position right, 2 points for getting the player right, and an extra point for getting the position (2 total points) and/or player in the right spot (4 total points)?
________
Avandia settlements (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

FlyingElvis
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
I didn't get the impression proshoota25 had a point system in mind, but it may be a good idea to figure something like that out as a tie-breaker should several of us hit on the same number of draftees.

We sure as hell don't want any Eagles/Bungels sytle ties. :D

proshoota25
03-31-2009, 03:48 PM
how about along the lines of..... 5 points for correct player selection...... 3 points for correct round selected......... 2 points for position selected.

so for example say (note example) that i submitted this mock draft:

1. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
2. Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
2. DJ Moore, CB, Vandy

..... The Patriots actually select...... Sintim in Round 1... Johnson in Round 2..... and Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

You have picked Sintim (5 points) and the right position (2 points) but not in the same round you predicted (0 points)....... Johnson you predicted (5 points), in the right round (3) and the position (2). For Byrd, he was not on your list, but he was a position you thought would be drafted (2).... so your total points for the challenge would be 19....

Is that good? Too confusing? Ideas....

bhyg
03-31-2009, 06:47 PM
It's your ball. You can make the rules. I'll go with whatever you decide. It's all good to me. Thanks for bringing your ball!

sdotcarter33
03-31-2009, 07:51 PM
how about along the lines of..... 5 points for correct player selection...... 3 points for correct round selected......... 2 points for position selected.

so for example say (note example) that i submitted this mock draft:

1. Rey Maualuga, ILB, USC
2. Clint Sintim, OLB, Virginia
2. Rashard Johnson, S, Alabama
2. DJ Moore, CB, Vandy

..... The Patriots actually select...... Sintim in Round 1... Johnson in Round 2..... and Jairus Byrd, CB, Oregon

You have picked Sintim (5 points) and the right position (2 points) but not in the same round you predicted (0 points)....... Johnson you predicted (5 points), in the right round (3) and the position (2). For Byrd, he was not on your list, but he was a position you thought would be drafted (2).... so your total points for the challenge would be 19....

Is that good? Too confusing? Ideas....

Trades??? any points for calling a trade?

also scoring for olb/de or olb/ilb could get intresting

FlyingElvis
04-01-2009, 06:54 AM
^ I was thinking the same thing on the OLB/ILB & DE/OLB guys. As long as it is defined before the draft shouldn't be an issue. Either lump OLB/ILB/DE into one category and do the same for O-line or use the player's position on the college roster.

EDIT: duh . . . we could just use Scott's player rankings lists for each player's "true" position. lol

My other thought: make the correct player worth more - 10 points? - so the bigger value is attached to getting the player right. The other points would then serve well as potential tie breakers.

proshoota25
04-01-2009, 09:56 AM
yea 10 points would work..... and plus i think we basically know which positions guys would play

examples: de/olb would be one..... maybin,english,barwin, sintim are guys we know would be de/olb

guys for ILB... we know that maualuga and brinkley would be inside.....

sdotcarter33
04-02-2009, 11:33 AM
how many points for calling a trade?

FlyingElvis
04-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Made a sig image w/the 50th Anniversary logo. So the winner has options.

My list is ready to go - unless something drastic changes the value of one of the picks I chose.

I should really do more work at work. :D

The original:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/sigs%20n%20avs/pats_challenge_sig-1.jpg

or the 50th Anniversary edition:
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/sigs%20n%20avs/pats_challenge_sig_50th.jpg

Don Vito
04-15-2009, 08:28 PM
http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/sigs%20n%20avs/pats_challenge_sig_50th.jpg

Thats awesome.

Nalej
04-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Yea, love that 50th Anny version

proshoota25
04-16-2009, 09:59 PM
nice job thats nasty.... about this time next week we will be putting in our mocks.....

proshoota25
04-19-2009, 01:39 PM
alright guys im going to post a new forum within the next couple of days for our challenge with all of the official rules and such. cant wait, should be fun, and whomever can attain that sig is lucky! im thinking about just limiting the contest to the people i know who have interest in playing..... i just dont want random non-pats fans coming in here and posting their mocks

AntoinCD
04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
alright guys im going to post a new forum within the next couple of days for our challenge with all of the official rules and such. cant wait, should be fun, and whomever can attain that sig is lucky! im thinking about just limiting the contest to the people i know who have interest in playing..... i just dont want random non-pats fans coming in here and posting their mocks

Yea thats a good idea I would maybe think it should be people who have declared an interest in it and also post in the team forum

proshoota25
04-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Yea thats a good idea I would maybe think it should be people who have declared an interest in it and also post in the team forum

yea man everyone who has posted in this forum.... and basically every pats fan i know. no one will get jippedl

cdf_2108
04-19-2009, 03:47 PM
I'd be down to play, should we post them next friday?

proshoota25
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
im prolly gunna make them due by 1PM eastern time on draft day

TNPatsFan
04-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Three rounds, right? This is gonna be interesting.

I do have a feeling if the Pats make their pick at 23 I'm going to be saying "I never saw that coming" after the pick is announced.

Bigburt63
04-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Three rounds, right? This is gonna be interesting.

I do have a feeling if the Pats make their pick at 23 I'm going to be saying "I never saw that coming" after the pick is announced.

That's usually how it goes, lol.

For your sig, Kyle Brady is a former PSU player.

bhyg
04-21-2009, 08:09 AM
yea man everyone who has posted in this forum.... and basically every pats fan i know. no one will get jippedl

I haven't posted in a few weeks. I just got back from Africa a week and a half ago.

Have we finally made up our minds about all the rules and at what time our PATS mock is due?

3 rounds
1 pm EST Saturday

How do I prove that I'm a PATS fan and qualify? Do you want a scan of my season ticket receipts dating back to 1971...even though my brothers get to use them while I'm in Africa?

FlyingElvis
04-21-2009, 08:41 AM
I haven't posted in a few weeks. I just got back from Africa a week and a half ago.

Have we finally made up our minds about all the rules and at what time our PATS mock is due?

3 rounds
1 pm EST Saturday

How do I prove that I'm a PATS fan and qualify? Do you want a scan of my season ticket receipts dating back to 1971...even though my brothers get to use them while I'm in Africa?

I think you're ok.

But it would be pretty cool to see a few decades worth of Pats tickets, so scan away. lol

proshoota25
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I think you're ok.

But it would be pretty cool to see a few decades worth of Pats tickets, so scan away. lol

lol u got nothing to worry about bro

sdotcarter33
04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
what happens if say they trade 34 for a next years first?

how are trades going to be addressed?

Don Vito
04-22-2009, 01:02 PM
what happens if say they trade 34 for a next years first?

how are trades going to be addressed?

Thats a good question, should we just discount the pick? By the way I love the sig!

proshoota25
04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
i already said that we would disreguard trades. there will be a better explanation of it when the new thread comes out

FlyingElvis
04-24-2009, 10:06 AM
i already said that we would disreguard trades. there will be a better explanation of it when the new thread comes out

which will be . . . when?

like the anticipation of the draft isn't bad enough . . .

:D

Nalej
04-25-2009, 01:20 AM
Let me be the first then;

1. Michael Oher
2a. Louis Delmas
2b. Clint Sintim
2c. DJ Moore
3a. Tyrone McKenzie
3b. Andy Levitre

Obviously based on the strong talk that we're trying to move into the top 10. As of now ill say Oher is the pick. Sintim could be gotten at 34 or 47 and CB will probably be addressed also.

I'd love if that happened. Just had to point that out