PDA

View Full Version : MacLin - What Would It Take?

dtowner
03-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I see a ton of mock drafts having the Giants reach for a WR in the first round and to my way of thinking, there is little difference between Nicks, Britt, Robiskie, Bey, and Harvin and I'm sure one or more of them will be there when we pick in the 2nd round, so why reach. If we stick where we are at in round 1, take the "best available" player and/or LB.

But there ARE 1 WR's in this draft that are worth a number 1, but they will go very high - top 10 probably. So I was wondering what everyone thought it might take to trade up to get Jeremy Maclin? ( assuming Crabtree will be off the board by pick 5 and assuming the Raiders might grab Maclin at 7). Our 1st & 2nd rounders? Our 1st this year and next? Our 1 & 3 and a player (Hixon or Moss)? And would it be worth it?

BaLLiN
03-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Maclin doesnt have the height

Mr. Hero
03-26-2009, 04:06 PM
god no, I'd rather wait until our second rounder and grab barden than trade up for maclin, the cost will be absurd. And the only receiver you mentioned whom I would expect to last until the saints pick is Brian Robiskie who doesn't have the potential to ever develop into a number when threat who opens the field for all of our complimentary guys.

brat316
03-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Don't the Giants have Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith?

Mr. Hero
03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Don't the Giants have Sinorice Moss and Steve Smith?

Don't you mean mario manningham and not steve smith ;)

touchdownmaker
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
If Plax get by with probation, I would say the need for a Maclin is not as great. Additionally, I would rather trade for Braylon then trade up for Maclin. I would imagine the cost would be about the same.

I think Reese will be sitting pretty if Plax comes back. It will be nice to see him play with all those picks.