PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson

Splat
03-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Report: Chiefs RB Johnson pleads guilty, sentenced to two years' probation (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txchiefsjohnsonsentenced&prov=st&type=lgns)

and

Chiefs, Johnson Set For Grievance Hearing Next Week (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/27/chiefs-johnson-set-for-grievance-hearing-next-week/)

"Disgruntled star running back Larry Johnson and the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/27/chiefs-johnson-set-for-grievance-hearing-next-week/#) are readying for a grievance hearing next week (http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1110343.html) to haggle over $3.75 million in guaranteed money, according to Adam Teicher of the Kansas City Star.

During the hearing, which is set to begin Wednesday, Johnson’s contract will be debated. And it promises to be quite a showdown since Teicher, citing a source, said the team will probably cut Johnson if they win the grievance."

Matthew Jones
03-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Kind of surprising they'd cut him, although I doubt a lot of teams would be interested in trading for him. I'd take him on New England if he was playing for $1-2 million on a one-year deal but I wouldn't trade anything for him otherwise, and even then we're thinking round 4-5.

PACKmanN
03-27-2009, 09:34 PM
he isn't going to accept a 1 year 1-2 million contract; you're looking at 3-3.5 million for a year.

Mr. Hero
03-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Him backing up Jacobs and Bradshaw would be pretty nice. :D

CC.SD
03-27-2009, 10:46 PM
he isn't going to accept a 1 year 1-2 million contract; you're looking at 3-3.5 million for a year.

Make it go away Pack

JRTPlaya21
03-28-2009, 12:56 AM
My God Packman. That sig is hideous.

ChezPower4
03-28-2009, 02:03 AM
Agreed I'm scared to post in our team forum now

Shahin
03-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Kind of surprising they'd cut him, although I doubt a lot of teams would be interested in trading for him. I'd take him on New England if he was playing for $1-2 million on a one-year deal but I wouldn't trade anything for him otherwise, and even then we're thinking round 4-5.

He'd beast it for you guys, i feel.

DeathbyStat
03-28-2009, 04:52 AM
I've allways wanted him on the steelers

Splat
03-28-2009, 09:52 AM
I've allways wanted him on the steelers

You can have him.

Matthew Jones
03-28-2009, 10:21 AM

Yeah, I'm just saying what I'd sign him for. New England finished 6th in rushing last year with a committee of Morris/Faulk/Jordan/Green-Ellis, and this year's stable of Morris/Faulk/Maroney/Taylor/Green-Ellis looks even better. Easily New England's strongest position.

Splat
03-28-2009, 10:29 AM
If LJ gets cut I think it will play out like T.O. style he will be a beast for a year then it will all start to fall apart.

BeerBaron
03-28-2009, 10:32 AM
If LJ gets cut I think it will play out like T.O. style he will be a beast for a year then it will all start to fall apart.

But then you get to hear about how dumb you were to cut him for all of that year........ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

...although as a Bears fan I've lucked out a bit in that department. If a player sucks for us, he usually sucks everywhere else too.

Kase1
03-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Him backing up Jacobs and Bradshaw would be pretty nice. :D

LOL thatd be REALLY nice, but u know how it goes, when you reach a certain age and hit the ceiling of your play potential theres only 3, possibly 4 places you can go...... Dallas, NE, Oakland, or Washington

vidae
03-28-2009, 01:08 PM
But then you get to hear about how dumb you were to cut him for all of that year........ugh. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

...although as a Bears fan I've lucked out a bit in that department. If a player sucks for us, he usually sucks everywhere else too.

idk, Bradley was impressive for us last year!

BlindSite
03-28-2009, 07:08 PM

Chris Harris says Yo!

I get the feeling he'll end up somewhere pretty quickly, even if not as the feature back. He really is an immature head case though.

E-Man
03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Man he's fallen pretty far. I'd like to see him get things together before ending his career. Sadly I have a feeling it won't. I hope he proves me wrong. I hate to see talent go to waste.

rockio42
03-29-2009, 12:34 AM
I never really liked Jarry Johnson but I was one of the few people who were saying that the 416 carries wouldn't end up screwing him over like it did to guys like Eddie George and Jamaal Anderson (Falcons RB in the 90's I think that was the name) and now a couple years later he hasn't done anything because of injury and might get cut...open mouth...insert foot

AJHawk50
03-29-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm certainly ready for him to leave K.C. He tries when he wants to, and gets into legal trouble every weekend. :P

Texas Homer
03-29-2009, 02:03 AM
I'd take him at a short term low money deal if he wanted to come play for the Texans.

How much tread does he have left on the tires though?

DWhaLe
03-29-2009, 04:54 AM
I wouldn't. He's a baby.

Scotty D
03-29-2009, 04:58 AM
I'd take him at a short term low money deal if he wanted to come play for the Texans.

How much tread does he have left on the tires though?

Think Edge when he left Zona.

Gay Ork Wang
03-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Think Edge when he left Zona.
u mean Indianapolis?

BlindSite
03-29-2009, 06:04 PM
He had a lot of carries two years in a row, but the other four have been fairly light so really he should be good to go for another 3-5.

BuddyCHRIST
03-30-2009, 05:42 AM
I doubt he'll play at a high level for another 3-5. He had alot of carries in college so there's some overall mileage on the tires. Not to mention he's a bit old. Also does he really have the work ethic/drive to take care of his body like a Fred Taylor.

Mr. Hero
03-30-2009, 07:26 AM
I doubt he'll play at a high level for another 3-5. He had alot of carries in college so there's some overall mileage on the tires. Not to mention he's a bit old. Also does he really have the work ethic/drive to take care of his body like a Fred Taylor.

You know he only played RB for one year right? I don't care how much you run the ball as a senior, if you're only playing RB for one year in college that's not a lot of carries in college.

nepg
03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
He's still good, that OL has just been trash since Roaf & Shields bolted (which was the only reason he or Priest had a ton of success anyway). If he goes to a team with a solid OL, he'll still be one of the better RBs in the NFL.

Hell, if he stayed with the Chiefs, he'd be very productive in their new offense. He just makes too much money for them to make a 2-3 year commitment.
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

bored of education
03-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I think he still has a year or 2 left. I really could care less what KC does with him.

Santonio10
03-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I really wish LJ jr was more like his father. I've met LJ Sr. a few times and he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Their whole family is just first class, except for LJ Jr. The apple fell far from the tree in this case.

I love LJ jr and I hope he finishes his career with the fire that has kept him going but he just needs to channel his rage to the football field and not off of the field. He's one of the best in the game in my opinion he just needs to be a little smarter about how he carries himself.

Splat
04-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Larry Johnson: Open to Returning to Kansas City (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=rotowire-arryohnsonpentoeturn&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

IMO this has more to do with money then any thing else if he gets cut/traded he is going to see his salary drop by a nice margin even if he stays I look for the Chiefs to try to rework his deal but a pay cut with us would probably be less then a pay cut with a new team.

Splat
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Larry Johnson Loses Grievance On Future Guaranteed Salaries (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/06/larry-johnson-loses-grievance-on-future-guaranteed-salaries/)

Brent
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Larry Johnson Loses Grievance On Future Guaranteed Salaries (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/06/larry-johnson-loses-grievance-on-future-guaranteed-salaries/)
So what do Chiefs fans think? Cut or not?

nepg
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
I think it depends on Larry Johnson. There's not much they can do with the extra cash this year anyway, so I don't see the harm in giving him a one-year try-out with the new staff. If it works out, restructure, trade, or cut him... If it doesn't work out, cut him.
________
STACEY cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/STACEY)

Splat
04-06-2009, 01:17 PM

I don't see any way he is on the Chiefs roster this coming season all the talk is if LJ lost this he would be cut I'm sure they will attempt to trade him but in the end be forced to just cut him.

AJHawk50
04-06-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't want him anymore, someone else can have him. Trade would be best since we'd obviously get something in return but if we can't just release him.

adschofield
04-06-2009, 04:32 PM
IDK, I'd rather see LJ gone, but at this rate, how are we going to hit the salary cap min.?

AJHawk50
04-06-2009, 06:37 PM
As I just put in the Chiefs section just saw on local K.C. news station a poll asking fans whether to keep or release him and 94% say release him.

Nalej
04-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Who'd pick him up?
Texans- 2 headed monster with S. Slaton
Broncos- They love signing RBs
Saints- A thumper to go along with R. Bush
Seahawks- They want to upgrade the position
Lions- They suck. Why not give it a shot alongside K. Smith
Arizona- Edge doesn't want to be there and Hightower is best suited as a change of pace back

Just what came to mind at the moment`

Malaka
04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
He has a lot of good fits on teams, and it wasn't too long ago when he was one of the best backs in the league. I think the Saints and Texans would be smart to sign him for a playoff push.

Saints-Tigers
04-07-2009, 06:42 PM
I doubt the Saints would, but I would like it a lot.