PDA

View Full Version : where is darnell Bing?

jj45
03-28-2009, 11:16 AM
I loved this guy out of usc , I thought he was gonna be a super stud. Then he fall in the fifth to the raiders I thought would be a great duo haven't heard a thing sense. Any news on him?

ManOverboard
03-28-2009, 11:17 AM
On the Lions, been bouncing around a while.

Smooth Criminal
03-28-2009, 11:19 AM
I was more than livid when the Steelers passed on him for Anthony Smith. Neither has done anything.

ATLDirtyBirds
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
How about Ernest Shazor?

03-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Nic Harris is in a similar situation this year. However, I think he'll make the transition to linebacker much smoother than Bing ever did.

Kase1
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I loved this guy out of usc , I thought he was gonna be a super stud. Then he fall in the fifth to the raiders I thought would be a great duo haven't heard a thing sense. Any news on him?

Oakland.....where Careers go 2 die

Shane P. Hallam
03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I think he is hanging out at his brother Chandler's house.

BmoreBlackByrdz
03-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Darnell Bing... I remember that name but I have no idea who he is...

Whistler6
03-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I think he is hanging out at his brother Chandler's house.

Na Chandler tried, and Monica wasn't having it.

Addict
03-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Didn't Phoebe have some spare room? I always figured her to go black & never go back. She looks the type.

BaLLiN
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Darnell Bing... I remember that name but I have no idea who he is...

USC safety (#20) came out the same year as Bush, White, and Leinart i think.

TimD
03-28-2009, 12:21 PM
On the Lions, been bouncing around a while.

i know he was with the jets for a bit and if you can't make our team as a safety last year, well then that's pretty pathetic...

Hurricanes25
03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
i know he was with the jets for a bit and if you can't make our team as a safety last year, well then that's pretty pathetic...

I remember him. He was with us in the pre season. He was not impressive at all.

TimD
03-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I remember him. He was with us in the pre season. He was not impressive at all.

and i mean the Jets were a great situation for him. He's not a great safety but he could have been used how we use Elam, more as a versatile DB/OLB. Plus we didn't have much S depth at the time.

Xiomera
03-28-2009, 12:51 PM
The fact that he couldn't find time on the Lions this season pretty much says it all.

ChezPower4
03-28-2009, 12:55 PM
How about Ernest Shazor?

I don't think he was ever drafted.....

senormysterioso
03-28-2009, 01:05 PM
I remember Shazor had a cup of coffee with the Cardinals but he got cut

rockio42
03-28-2009, 01:26 PM
He is now one of the backup WLB on the Lions

phlysac
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Unable to stick with the Raiders, 49ers, Jets and now riding pine in Detroit.

stephenson86
03-28-2009, 01:40 PM
lucky for him i guess is age is on his side (24) he COULD still improve

Breaker
03-28-2009, 02:02 PM
He got sucked into the blackhole.

Hopefully he got transported to a parallel universe where he can actually cover a receiver.

BlindSite
03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
He was an average college safety who hit hard and was expected to be an early to mid pick to make a conversion to linebacker.

He came out a year too early thinking he'd end up going higher than he was ever going to and ended up in oakland. He did nothing there and ended up bouncing around, now he's not starting on the NFL's worst team.

He'll be a valet in a few years.

Calvin & Kevin
03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Everyone thinking he's a safety, he hasn't been that since he was with the Raiders, they started his conversion to LB there and he signed with the Lions as a LB due to injuries and being desperate for anyone who could make a tackle. But Marinelli was (amazingly) reluctant to play anyone on defense who wasn't an established part of his system, so he was scratched for most of the season in favor of guys like Alex Lewis and Ryan Nece.

He never got off the bench until the final game, and then registered a single assisted tackle.

Bing is still on the roster and if Schwartz is sincere, he will get a chance to make the team and play like everyone else. But with the Lions' new direction of getting bigger players in the front seven, unlike your typical T2 scheme, he would seem likely to be cut at some point.

phlysac
03-28-2009, 09:12 PM
He was a safety for the 49ers and failed.

raiderfan_89
03-28-2009, 11:20 PM
:p

he is S/LB who is too slow to stay at S and is too small for LB. He might have been a damn good S @ USC, but the speed of the game in the NFL is too much for him.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
03-29-2009, 12:00 AM

Could she BE any more of a control freak?

Rayray52
03-29-2009, 01:12 AM
Funny i was thinking the exact same thing today before i came and looked him up, at 220 hes too small to play LB and hes too slow and poor in coverage to be a DB, he does give some versatility because he can play both positions poorly....he came out a year too early along with Dominique Byrd both players were supposed to sleepers and Byrd failed miserably, Bing most likely will as well.

Whistler6
03-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Could she BE any more of a control freak?

Damn straight..Maybe she needs an orange-mocha-frappuccino!

BlindSite
03-29-2009, 02:29 AM
Everyone thinking he's a safety, he hasn't been that since he was with the Raiders, they started his conversion to LB there and he signed with the Lions as a LB due to injuries and being desperate for anyone who could make a tackle. But Marinelli was (amazingly) reluctant to play anyone on defense who wasn't an established part of his system, so he was scratched for most of the season in favor of guys like Alex Lewis and Ryan Nece.

He never got off the bench until the final game, and then registered a single assisted tackle.

Bing is still on the roster and if Schwartz is sincere, he will get a chance to make the team and play like everyone else. But with the Lions' new direction of getting bigger players in the front seven, unlike your typical T2 scheme, he would seem likely to be cut at some point.

I know that some coaches have a tendency to stick to vets, but on an 0-16 team if a guy is on the bench there's usually a reason other than the coaches preference.

XxXdragonXxX
03-29-2009, 10:48 AM
It was pretty obvious to me the guy was going to be a bust. Wasn't shocked at all that he fell to the 5th round.

7-11
03-29-2009, 07:05 PM
It was pretty obvious to me the guy was going to be a bust. Wasn't shocked at all that he fell to the 5th round.

May i ask why it was so obvious?

mqtirishfan
03-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Didn't Phoebe have some spare room? I always figured her to go black & never go back. She looks the type.

Same here. I always figured her and Gerald would get together when Arnold and Helga started dating.

Brodeur
03-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Same here. I always figured her and Gerald would get together when Arnold and Helga started dating.

Way to ruin a perfectly good reference dick.

EDIT: When did Arnold and Helga start dating?

mqtirishfan
03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Way to ruin a perfectly good reference dick.

EDIT: When did Arnold and Helga start dating?

Psh, you know you enjoyed the switch. Also, I want credit for making my reference so relevant to the discussion. I felt it was A+ work.

I meant that once Arnold and Helga started dating, those two would eventually follow suit in the future.

Brodeur
03-29-2009, 09:19 PM
Psh, you know you enjoyed the switch. Also, I want credit for making my reference so relevant to the discussion. I felt it was A+ work.

I meant that once Arnold and Helga started dating, those two would eventually follow suit in the future.

Psh, Arnold always preferred this sexy piece of meat:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nNEQQYReVrc/RorDlS-RZCI/AAAAAAAAAEs/w2X2avKfN8s/s200/Lila4.jpg

Boston
03-30-2009, 12:53 AM

Yeah...then they go to Detoit.

ElectricEye
03-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Wherever Kevin Ellison is going to end up in a couple years.

XxXdragonXxX
03-30-2009, 11:07 AM
May i ask why it was so obvious?

Whenever I saw him play he (and the rest of USCs defense) missed alot of tackles. The one game that really stuck out to me was the Rose Bowl against UT. USCs defense, including Bing, were missing tackles all game long. I never understood the hype really.

IMO the reason he was so high on everyones mock drafts was his big hits and the fact that he played for USC.

IndyColtScout
03-30-2009, 11:14 AM
flipping burgers in so cal

brat316
03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Kevin Ellison seems to be going in the same path, but at least he got a college degree.

DiG
03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
i found him.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9528/bingoef.jpg

Abaddon
03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Never had a chance, to be honest. Almost always a step slow in coverage at USC. It's not like the NFL was going to slow down for him.

He was drafted as a depth LB. When Kiffin came on board, Bing ran crying to his fellow USC guy begging to be moved back to safety. Kiffin granted his wish, and Bing was released shortly thereafter.

On a team with as little talent as Oakland, Bing's failure to warrant a roster spot was quite telling.

I never understood what people saw in the guy. Never understood why we'd waste a 4th round pick on a guy with no NFL future, other than an outside chance of being a decent special teamer.

I just knew this pick was going to be Elvis Dumervil. I was all set to put away my disdain for that idiot Al Davis and praise him for stealing a beast. But...no. He drafts a slow dummy with no true position. Unreal.

Other notable 4th rounders that year:

Ko Simpson - Safety, a perennial position of need.
Jahri Evans - Guard, a position of need.
Leon Washington - HB. We weren't exactly stacked at RB, and could have used another return man.
Brandon Marshall - WR. Denver made out like bandits in this round.
Domata Peko - DT, a perennial position of need.
Barry Cofield - See above. Missed out on two really good DTs. That chaps my ass.
Ray Edwards - DE, a perennial position of need. He's not much of a pass rusher, but he's strong against the run and a good value for where he was drafted.
Willie Colon - OT, a perennial position of need.

LookItsAlDavis
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Locked in my basement.