PDA

View Full Version : What were you afraid of growing up?

bored of education
03-31-2009, 08:54 PM
1. The dark
2. Dirtbikers in the pits
3. My priest

fischbowl
03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
******* Clowns, I had a legitimate phobia

bored of education
03-31-2009, 08:55 PM
I loved clowns. I had a fear of sleeping with for a time after a bad shroom kick on I went on. I thought I would die if I feel asleep.

Shane P. Hallam
03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
I was afraid of blowing up my house by not stirring the spaghetti

Thumper
03-31-2009, 09:10 PM
BEES! I am deathly afraid of Bees. If I hear one within my vincinity I run away very quickly.

Hawk
03-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Rollercoasters. I now realize how much I missed out.

Hollywood
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
E.T. and I still am. I hate that ******.

fischbowl
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
I was afraid of blowing up my house by not stirring the spaghetti

I once almost set my kitchen on fire by putting some Easy Mac sans water into the microwave and then going to take a poop. True story

The Unseen
03-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Computers in the dark malfunctioning.

no, seriously. Probably a variation on the monster-in-the-dark thing.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
03-31-2009, 09:24 PM
Cancelling of Ren and Stimpy. Also the game candy land, watched the movie candy man and i assumed thats where it came from.

Job
03-31-2009, 09:27 PM
The ocean. Tornadoes. Fire. Pretty much every thing. But I was okay with bears.

CashmoneyDrew
03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm with Hollywood on this one. E.T. ruined my childhood. My aunt gave me a poster of him and even though I was terrified of the son of a *****, my mom made me put the poster up anyways to be nice. That dude's eyes followed me everywhere. I never spent much time in my room at all.

Hollywood
03-31-2009, 09:38 PM

Anyone remember those No Fear T-Shirts that were popular back in middle school? Well I hate roller coasters also, I think they are stupid and I don't see the point. For our 7th Grade school trip we went to Busch Gardens in Tampa, the new home of this beast called the Kumba:

1Tgx0fYeXtE

Yes, I know you are thinking the same thing I am - **** that ********. I get nervous just watching that, couldn't even make it through 30 seconds. Anyways, I of course being a 13-14 year old boy knew that I had to get over my dislike and ride this thing. I couldn't just back out with all my friends going on it. Well I loved those No Fear T-shirts and decide to wear my favorite one with the toughest sounding slogan (they all had slogans like, second place is first loser or you let up you lose. etc. etc.) on the back.

Couldn't back out with my No Fear T on, right?

So all day I'm dreading this ******* kumba thing, all my other friends want to make it the main attraction and ride it a dozen times, but i somehow keep persuading them all to stay with only the water rides but finally after a couple hours I couldn't hold them back anymore...it's kumba time.

Get in the line, line is a typical 45 - 60 minute wait, entire time though it's right underneath that beast and I have to watch and hear it for an hour dreading what is coming. I'm sweating, I can't talk, shaking...Finally the hour is up, we're at the front...getting ready to go in...I look at my No-Fear T-shirt...and I say...

"**** this. I can't do it guys...have fun" proceed to turn around and walk the walk of shame where everyone waiting in that line is watching me, knowing I pussed out. The older guys in line are heckling me about my No-Fear t shirt the entire walk of shame, i just keep my head down and walked by myself to the water rides and stayed on the rapids the rest of the day until I had to board the bus of shame.

Yeah....so now you all know the truth, Hollywood is a little ***** when it comes to roller coasters.

Paul
03-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Rats and Clowns.

CJSchneider
03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks Mr. King

http://consequenceofsound.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/pennywise.jpg

tjsunstein
03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Sharks. I wouldnt go into the ocean more than a certain distance cause I thought sharks just waited at a certain point where the can fit comfortably in the water stalking the people swimming waiting for that one mother ****** to go out too deep.

I still wont go out that deep.

Paul
03-31-2009, 09:43 PM
Cancelling of Ren and Stimpy. Also the game candy land, watched the movie candy man and i assumed thats where it came from.

LOL, awesome.

Bills2083
03-31-2009, 09:51 PM
the dark... I slept with a night-light all the time.
Also, I was scared of sleeping with my closet door open, and my door closed.
My door had to be open so just in case a burglar broke in, I would be able to run out there and defend everyone in the household (mind you, I was about 7 at the time)
Another was ghosts/aliens. I was convinced that aliens were going to abduct me.

ahhh, the good ol' days.

Kase1
03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Snakes, and they still freak the ish outta me

tjsunstein
03-31-2009, 09:55 PM
I always sleep with my door closed now in fear of seeing a shadow go passed in the middle of the night and laying there just staring into the hallway not knowing what it was. Were all little bitches inside.

Mr. Hero
03-31-2009, 09:56 PM
spiders, I still have arachnophobia, but I don't freeze up anymore. Which is weird cause I'm much more likely to die any number of ways than come across the one poisonous spider in new york.

And cops, my parents moved here from the soviet block so I've had a healthy fear of authority my entire conscious life.

tjsunstein
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
Snakes, and they still freak the ish outta me

Seconded! Wow, just reminded me. I literally just got the chills from letting my mind wonder off. I went through a hypothetical scenario that there was a snake behind me right now just slithering around.

Kase1
03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
spiders, I still have arachnophobia, but I don't freeze up anymore. Which is weird cause I'm much more likely to die any number of ways than come across the one poisonous spider in new york.

And cops, my parents moved here from the soviet block so I've had a healthy fear of authority my entire conscious life.

Dude Ive lived in BK just about my whole life and have NEVER seen a snake outside the zoo and yet im still scared like a lil girl of them

Bills2083
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Seconded! Wow, just reminded me. I literally just got the chills from letting my mind wonder off. I went through a hypothetical scenario that there was a snake behind me right now just slithering around.

Can you speak parceltongue?
If so, just tell the snakes not to attack.

Kase1
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM

Holy Ish, dont scare me like that, LOL

Mr. Hero
03-31-2009, 10:01 PM
I once almost set my kitchen on fire by putting some Easy Mac sans water into the microwave and then going to take a poop. True story

My pledge brother almost burned his dorms down that way, that fucktard's the reason me and my buddy didn't cross, there's just a point where you can't deal with someone so dumb.

PS Hollywood that rollercoaster looks fun as hell, my problem with roller-coasters is that now that I drive I always drive like a nut after going on good roller-coasters.

Hollywood
03-31-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm with Hollywood on this one. E.T. ruined my childhood. My aunt gave me a poster of him and even though I was terrified of the son of a *****, my mom made me put the poster up anyways to be nice. That dude's eyes followed me everywhere. I never spent much time in my room at all.

I thought I was the only one! High five! Yea, if my family made me put a poster of ET in my room I would seriously run away. I HATE HATE HATE that thing.

P-L
03-31-2009, 10:52 PM
I used to be afraid of the movies Home Alone and Beauty and the Beast. I think I just hated loud screams because the only two parts of those movies that bothered me were when Harry's hat caught on fire (Home Alone) and Cogsworth slid down the banister and stabbed some guy in the ass with scissors (Beauty and the Beast).

ChezPower4
03-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Gangsters and spiders

SuperMcGee
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Aliens/abduction/possible anal probing.

I watched too much Sci-Fi as a kid, letting the TV run on from whenever MST3K ended, and I was genuinely freaked out by aliens for a while. I'd try to lie perfectly still so as to not draw attention if I heard a plane going by in the night. Yipes.

j05son
03-31-2009, 11:51 PM
I hated worms. I don't know why, they just grossed me out.

Hollywood
04-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Conficker.

The Dynasty
04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
In elementary school they had fire safety like every year and it was always the same thing and I always freaked out that my house was going to catch on fire during the night. But other than that just some of the normal stuff like spiders and rollercoasters with loops.

VoteLynnSwan
04-01-2009, 12:04 AM
going over bridges... especially over the Mississippi... I never went over the one in Minneapolis though, then i would have been justified.

although being in an engineering school, and seeing some of the people who are going to become engineers at some point... well lets just say we're all very lucky to be alive.

Caddy
04-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Pedophiles.

Strongside
04-01-2009, 12:41 AM
I hated going on elevators because I was afraid it would drop or the doors wouldn't open and lock me in.

I still dislike going on them TBH. Especially if it's crowded and I can't lean against a wall

Mr. Hero
04-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Pedophiles.

You know you loved the attention. ;)

I hated going on elevators because I was afraid it would drop or get the doors wouldn't open and lock me in.

I still dislike going on them TBH. Especially if it's crowded and I can't lean against a wall

You'd hate my buddies dorms, he spent 15 minutes in the elevator last week because it just decided to stop between floors. Hell I'm only ever there to wake him up or grab my pool stick, and more than once the elevator was going down from the eighth floor, stopped, went blank, and then rolled all of the way up to the top floor before fixing itself and dropping me off back on the eighth floor.

ChezPower4
04-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Conficker.

You thought of it..... I'm going to collect my 250K now :D

Brent
04-01-2009, 01:15 AM
To the best of my knowledge, it was just the dark.

El Peefs?????
04-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Jay Leno. No kidding, when I was a youngin I was convinced his jaw was big enough to just drop down so he could swallow me whole.

awfullyquiet
04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Yeah....so now you all know the truth, Hollywood is a little ***** when it comes to roller coasters.

I road that rollercoaster 4 times in a row when i was 11, and got so ******* sick afterwards. Took a dramamine and cried all night.

Most. Fun. Ever.

Aside...

What was I afraid of growing up? Dogs.

I got chased by dogs, a lot, and i was always afraid of them... i don't know why, i don't mind them now, but, there was something of the combination of darkness and dogs, i couldn't see what was going on (i was really effin blind back in the day), and i couldn't react.

It sucked.

drowe
04-01-2009, 10:45 AM
wolves. totally irrational, but, when i was little, every nightmare i ever had was about me being eaten by a wolf. graphic stuff. one time, i ended up watching a wolf rip guts out of my stomach. might've been the worst dream i ever had.

i have another one, but i'm gonna quote hollywood to get the full effect.

CashmoneyDrew
04-01-2009, 10:48 AM
wolves. totally irrational, but, when i was little, every nightmare i ever had was about me being eaten by a wolf. graphic stuff. one time, i ended up watching a wolf rip guts out of my stomach. might've been the worst dream i ever had.

When I was little, like 5, I saw Dances With Wolves and it gave me nightmares about Indians and arrows and such. Not really related to your post it just reminded about it.

cdub11
04-01-2009, 10:49 AM
Clowns & Snakes

drowe
04-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Anyone remember those No Fear T-Shirts that were popular back in middle school? Well I hate roller coasters also, I think they are stupid and I don't see the point. For our 7th Grade school trip we went to Busch Gardens in Tampa, the new home of this beast called the Kumba:

Yes, I know you are thinking the same thing I am - **** that ********. I get nervous just watching that, couldn't even make it through 30 seconds. Anyways, I of course being a 13-14 year old boy knew that I had to get over my dislike and ride this thing. I couldn't just back out with all my friends going on it. Well I loved those No Fear T-shirts and decide to wear my favorite one with the toughest sounding slogan (they all had slogans like, second place is first loser or you let up you lose. etc. etc.) on the back.

Couldn't back out with my No Fear T on, right?

So all day I'm dreading this ******* kumba thing, all my other friends want to make it the main attraction and ride it a dozen times, but i somehow keep persuading them all to stay with only the water rides but finally after a couple hours I couldn't hold them back anymore...it's kumba time.

Get in the line, line is a typical 45 - 60 minute wait, entire time though it's right underneath that beast and I have to watch and hear it for an hour dreading what is coming. I'm sweating, I can't talk, shaking...Finally the hour is up, we're at the front...getting ready to go in...I look at my No-Fear T-shirt...and I say...

"**** this. I can't do it guys...have fun" proceed to turn around and walk the walk of shame where everyone waiting in that line is watching me, knowing I pussed out. The older guys in line are heckling me about my No-Fear t shirt the entire walk of shame, i just keep my head down and walked by myself to the water rides and stayed on the rapids the rest of the day until I had to board the bus of shame.

up until the age of 16, i was very afraid of roller coasters. and it sucked. my family took many trips to Six Flags Great America and Disney World when i was little. And, i loved both places. problem was, when it came to be roller coaster time, my LITTLE brother and my dad would go, and i'd wuss out and hang out with my mom and my 2 other younger siblings. and then my brother would talk about how awesome the roller coaster was and how i really should try it.

so, finally, i went to great america with my friend's church group, and him and all his friends were talking the whole way down about how they're just gonna go on roller coasters all day. i started to wish i didn't even go. first ride was Batman: The Ride, which was (i think) one of the first to have the cars hang below the tracks. the line was over an hour and i was scared to death the whole time...then, when we were almost there, one of the dudes i was with pulled a Hollywood and backed out. I thought, "this is my chance. I can just hang out with him and I won't be the only wimp in the group." but, then i realized that there was a very real chance i wouldn't go on any rides all day if i backed out now...so, i stayed...and really thought i was gonna double over based on how scared i was. but, one ride and i was hooked. I went on every ride in the park and felt stupid for ever being afraid.

only problem, is, i'm kinda making up for lost time now and enjoy roller coasters and amusement parks more than any 29 year old man should.

The_Dude
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks Mr. King

Beep Beep, Ritchie!

Pennywise scared the **** out of me. When i'd sleep over at my friend's house he'd prop up a copy of the book next to where i slept... hoping to scare me when i woke up. It never worked, but clowns are still super creepy to me.

Hollywood
04-01-2009, 11:28 AM
up until the age of 16, i was very afraid of roller coasters. and it sucked. my family took many trips to Six Flags Great America and Disney World when i was little. And, i loved both places. problem was, when it came to be roller coaster time, my LITTLE brother and my dad would go, and i'd wuss out and hang out with my mom and my 2 other younger siblings. and then my brother would talk about how awesome the roller coaster was and how i really should try it.

so, finally, i went to great america with my friend's church group, and him and all his friends were talking the whole way down about how they're just gonna go on roller coasters all day. i started to wish i didn't even go. first ride was Batman: The Ride, which was (i think) one of the first to have the cars hang below the tracks. the line was over an hour and i was scared to death the whole time...then, when we were almost there, one of the dudes i was with pulled a Hollywood and backed out. I thought, "this is my chance. I can just hang out with him and I won't be the only wimp in the group." but, then i realized that there was a very real chance i wouldn't go on any rides all day if i backed out now...so, i stayed...and really thought i was gonna double over based on how scared i was. but, one ride and i was hooked. I went on every ride in the park and felt stupid for ever being afraid.

only problem, is, i'm kinda making up for lost time now and enjoy roller coasters and amusement parks more than any 29 year old man should.

haha good stuff. See I think if I were to go to an amusement park now, like if a gf wanted to go or something I would end up going on the roller coasters. I don't think I'm scared anymore so much I just would not enjoy myself, but who knows? Maybe I would ***** out again in front of the girl after waiting in line for an hour....

bored of education
04-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I was afraid of girls until 3rd grade

CroomDawgs
04-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks Mr. King

This the reason I hate clowns. I saw it when I was 5 and ever since then been terrified

Gay Ork Wang
04-01-2009, 12:26 PM
I was afraid of girls until 3rd grade
yea now u can cope with them but u still like boys

HawkeyeFan
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
http://www.cuddlejungle.com/CuddleJungleFiles/giraffe1.jpg

Gay Ork Wang
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.web4free.at/images/reviews/zecke.jpg

bored of education
04-01-2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.cuddlejungle.com/CuddleJungleFiles/giraffe1.jpg

wtf why are you afraid of them? you afraid one might mount you?

HawkeyeFan
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
wtf why are you afraid of them? you afraid one might mount you?
One tried biting me, scary **** at age 5.

Shahin
04-01-2009, 02:56 PM

lol!

i used to be afraid of heights...kinda still am.

Shahin
04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I always sleep with my door closed now in fear of seeing a shadow go passed in the middle of the night and laying there just staring into the hallway not knowing what it was. Were all little bitches inside.

Double post but **** it. This thread cracks me up.

Gay Ork Wang
04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
i was afraid of swans. when i was a lil kid one ******* attacked me like crazy. i was crying "bad big duck"

vatech=accdomination
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
The dark and biological weapons, Dan Rather ruined my childhood with his "THE WORLD WILL END TOMORROW" or " SADDAM IS COMING WITH BIOLOGICAL WEAPONS IN OUR FOOD" bull**** every night. Although I soon saw past his lies, and didn't wrap my house in plastic rap.

JUICE da Block Captain
04-01-2009, 03:13 PM
http://www.mikhaela.net/pictures/toons/fiftyshots.jpg

bored of education
04-01-2009, 03:23 PM
i was afraid of swans. when i was a lil kid one ******* attacked me like crazy. i was crying "bad big duck"

how do you say that in German?

Gay Ork Wang
04-01-2009, 03:24 PM
how do you say that in German?
i actually said that in chinese

iowatreat54
04-01-2009, 03:29 PM
http://www.tvacres.com/images/pennywise.jpg
http://www.horrormagazine.it/imgbank/NEWS/freddy01.jpg

Still am scared of:
http://www.everythingabout.net/articles/biology/animals/arthropods/arachnids/spiders/wolf_spider/wolf_spider.jpg

Shahin
04-01-2009, 03:43 PM
http://www.mikhaela.net/pictures/toons/fiftyshots.jpg

scared of black people, eh?

iowatreat54
04-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention heights. If I'm more than like 5-6 floors up, I can't go near a railing. I don't know if it's so much as the height as it is there is no way I can trust any railing to prevent me from falling.

But, if I'm inside the building or like in an airplane, I love being high up. Weird.

'cuse-213
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
BEES! I am deathly afraid of Bees. If I hear one within my vincinity I run away very quickly.

I have never understood the bee phobia. People flip out and start running when they hear that buzz. BEING STUNG DOES NOT HURT. Its not pleasant but your not going to fricken die. Of course that is if your not allergic.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
scared of black people, eh?

Or Black people killers
http://lastchocolatecity.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/pig_police_cartoon.jpg

'cuse-213
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
When that movie about Emily Rose came out.. Should have never watched it. For about 2 weeks straight, I would wake up at 3:00 am sharp.. and I was literally paralyzed with fear. I could not move. Could finally fall asleep at 4 am. I thought I was possessed, crazy.

Gay Ork Wang
04-01-2009, 04:10 PM
http://mulaz.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/manbearpig.jpg

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM
http://mulaz.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/manbearpig.jpg

I'm super serial!!!! why don't anyone believe me!!!! We have to catch MANBEARPIG!!

drowe
04-01-2009, 04:14 PM
I have never understood the bee phobia. People flip out and start running when they hear that buzz. BEING STUNG DOES NOT HURT. Its not pleasant but your not going to fricken die. Of course that is if your not allergic.

well...different people have different reactions to bee stings. for me, they hurt like hell. i am terribly afraid of bees, and i'm not allergic at all.

same for mosquito bites. some people have no physical signs of being bitten by a 'squito.

'cuse-213
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
well...different people have different reactions to bee stings. for me, they hurt like hell. i am terribly afraid of bees, and i'm not allergic at all.

same for mosquito bites. some people have no physical signs of being bitten by a 'squito.

Yeah true. That would be sick to be unphased from mosquito's, I scratch those bastards for dayys.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I don't think bee stings hurt but I always get so scared when one gets near me. It is probably because when I was a child I got attacked by a bunch of them and got stung a bunch of times including one time inside my lip(yes that **** was in my mouth)

etk
04-01-2009, 07:24 PM

Me too. Although I get bored of them really easily now, lol.

'cuse-213
04-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Me too. Although I get bored of them really easily now, lol.

Same. The only good part is doing something ridiculous for the camera shots.