PDA

View Full Version : Justin Griffith to visit.

Jim Jim
03-06-2007, 07:39 PM
http://railbirdcentral.blogspot.com/

Vince Lombardi
03-06-2007, 09:44 PM
This is our big free agent move! ha

princefielder28
03-06-2007, 09:45 PM
This is our big free agent move! ha

You can laugh but he will probably be the biggest name we go out there and get through a signing

TitleTown088
03-06-2007, 10:00 PM
So i just read that TT was outta town today and griffith visited. What the **** is that TT?

PACKmanN
03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
lol he still has ppl there to talk to him title and plus i would rather have TT scouting players then sitting at home, also no other team has offered him a vist so he could be in an hotel right now and might talk to TT tmw.

Jim Jim
03-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Griffith would make me content for our "big fa"

umphrey
03-06-2007, 11:08 PM
I would be very very happy if Griffith was our big FA. Good underrated back that fits our team like a glove and is young. With the way FA is this year I want us to stay out mostly - there aren't many players out there that would help us anymore and everyone is cashing in big.

FLORIDA PACKER
03-07-2007, 02:03 AM
Word is, if we sign him, he's going to be the top paid full back in the league! That said I'd def love to make him that! He fits our scheme perfect and adds another dimension to the FB position, i'd still love to have Hendo back but this appears unlikely.

jackalope
03-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Word is, if we sign him, he's going to be the top paid full back in the league! That said I'd def love to make him that! He fits our scheme perfect and adds another dimension to the FB position, i'd still love to have Hendo back but this appears unlikely.where'd you hear that. that doesn't sound like TT. i really want to get him though.

ds8582
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Isn't Neal the highest paid FB?? I would see that as bad move if they throw a lot money at him.

TitleTown088
03-07-2007, 10:09 AM
Isn't Neal the highest paid FB?? I would see that as bad move if they throw a lot money at him.

No i think the guy who just signed with Atlanta is... anyways griffith is still in GB and I would imagine there will be a contract before the day is done.

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I would love this move. As a fullback myself I do consider FB under used at the NFL level, FB's are cheap so even if he is the highest paid FB, he won't come at all that high of pay. I would love to see him signed and think it's a very smart move, TT is a genius and I'm glad he doen't go after many FA, but if he does he goes after the right ones.

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 02:27 PM
I would love this move. As a fullback myself I do consider FB under used at the NFL level, FB's are cheap so even if he is the highest paid FB, he won't come at all that high of pay. I would love to see him signed and think it's a very smart move, TT is a genius and I'm glad he doen't go after many FA, but if he does he goes after the right ones.

He's got three years in the ZBS and he can play with the best of them

Mwkick
03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
TT is a genius and I'm glad he doen't go after many FA, but if he does he goes after the right ones.

Manuel was the right FA?? He sucks! Pickett???? Productive, but right??? O'Dwayer?? He was cut. Klemm??? Cut.

I appreciate Thompson's unwillingness to not overspend, but he doens't make ALL the right moves. Woodson was a good sign, but only because teams didn't believe in him. If others would have been willing to take a risk, we wouldnt' have gotten him.

Griffith would be a good sign. We need a FB and he fits the system.

As bad as Sharper doesn't tackle, he would have been better than what we had teamed with Collins the past 2 years.

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Manuel was the right FA?? He sucks! Pickett???? Productive, but right??? O'Dwayer?? He was cut. Klemm??? Cut.

I appreciate Thompson's unwillingness to not overspend, but he doens't make ALL the right moves. Woodson was a good sign, but only because teams didn't believe in him. If others would have been willing to take a risk, we wouldnt' have gotten him.

Griffith would be a good sign. We need a FB and he fits the system.

As bad as Sharper doesn't tackle, he would have been better than what we had teamed with Collins the past 2 years.

I'll take back what I said, every move wasn't the right one, but Klemm and O'Dwayer were both very very cheap pickups, Pickett was an impovement over Jackson, and we really didn't pay much for him, Manuel was a mistake, I think we're all willing to admit that. I don't expect a 2nd round safey to be better than a really good veteran in Sharper, but in a couple years down the road when were actally gunna be a playoff team, who's gunna be better, Collins. Plus Collins came at a cheaper price, and we didn't have the cap room to keep sharper. Within the year or two, Collins will be better, he will make the pro bowl at some point, make my words

Mwkick
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Collins is my favorite player on defense. But he needs help back there. He's not very good in coverage. I think that Sharper and him together would have been a great combo. Even if it was up until now. Like we dont' have the cap space. Sharper can't tackle, but he can cover. And Collins likes to hit. If you ask me, it was a mistake letting him go. It'd be different if we didn't have the cap, but look at all the room. It's ridiculous.
I like the idea of building a dynasty, but it's nonsense to believe that you can build one through the draft and the draft only.
Ask the scouts aroudn the league. The Packers lack talent. They have big effort guys, like kampman, barnett and driver. But where are the big play guys?

Shiver
03-07-2007, 07:23 PM
He's a great ZBS FB. He can get out and block in space, catches passes well, even runs well.

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Collins is my favorite player on defense. But he needs help back there. He's not very good in coverage. I think that Sharper and him together would have been a great combo. Even if it was up until now. Like we dont' have the cap space. Sharper can't tackle, but he can cover. And Collins likes to hit. If you ask me, it was a mistake letting him go. It'd be different if we didn't have the cap, but look at all the room. It's ridiculous.
I like the idea of building a dynasty, but it's nonsense to believe that you can build one through the draft and the draft only.
Ask the scouts aroudn the league. The Packers lack talent. They have big effort guys, like kampman, barnett and driver. But where are the big play guys?

we didn't have the cap room at the time. Thats why sharper got cut. He didn't want to take a pay cut so we had no option. This is something you can't argue, it's the cold hard facts, plus they play the same position, it wouldn't work with the two of them

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I picked up in the last week of the fantasy season, ended up starting him against Dallas and he gets 2 TDs with a 3rd one called back.....TT get this guy!!!

iloxygenil
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Justin Griffith will be a HUGE asset there in Green Bay. He's the ideal ZBS fullback, he reads holes better than most RBs and knows which guy to get to in the second layer. There's a reason that Warrick Dunn was tearing it up when he was following him. There's also a reason that Norwood was able to break a lot of those big gainers, it's just that JG was chipping the guy enough to spring him. I don't know who is going to be your RB, but JG will make em look good =)

PACKmanN
03-07-2007, 11:37 PM
looks like he going to be our new FB because we cut Henderson.

SimonRath
03-08-2007, 06:18 AM
I wish the Falcons kept him to be our power back, but i knew it wasn't gonna happen. If GreenBay gets him, they get a very talented player, and probably will shine with Favre

TitleTown088
03-09-2007, 01:21 AM
While Packers general manager Ted Thompson was delayed at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport, trying to get home Wednesday evening to Green Bay, free agent fullback Justin Griffith - a soon-to-be former Atlanta Falcon - was on his way to Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay after wrapping up his visit to Lambeau Field."

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=121991

TT wasn't even there to see Griffith? WTF?

princefielder28
03-09-2007, 02:08 PM
While Packers general manager Ted Thompson was delayed at Atlanta's Hartsfield International Airport, trying to get home Wednesday evening to Green Bay, free agent fullback Justin Griffith - a soon-to-be former Atlanta Falcon - was on his way to Austin Straubel Airport in Green Bay after wrapping up his visit to Lambeau Field."

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/sports/index.php?ntid=121991

TT wasn't even there to see Griffith? WTF?

Probably Joe Horn

princefielder28
03-09-2007, 02:09 PM
looks like he going to be our new FB because we cut Henderson.

That doesn't mean anything becuase Miree would start over Henderson anyways

Vince Lombardi
03-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Griffith to the Raiders. Ugh this sucks. :(

PACKmanN
03-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Why couldnt TT offer him more then 1.2 million a year!!!!!! im so pissed.

ny10804
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh [sigh] ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-09-2007, 07:10 PM
ya it's bad. Conservative is good, but this is a joke. TT we do have close to $30 mil to spend and a hole at FB. You find a bargain FB who fits the system and you can't afford 1 mil a year? Jeez

Vince Lombardi
03-09-2007, 07:15 PM
ya it's bad. Conservative is good, but this is a joke. TT we do have close to $30 mil to spend and a hole at FB. You find a bargain FB who fits the system and you can't afford 1 mil a year? Jeez

How do you know TT didn't offer him more than Oakland? Maybe he just didn't want to be in GB. I hate that everybody just always assumes that TT low balled them. I'm sorry but GB just isn't that big of a draw, if I could live there or in California I'd def choose Cali if the monies are pretty similar. TT proved last year that he'll pay players by offering Woodson and Arrington both huge contracts. Arrington chose to play for less just so he could be in NY.

TitleTown088
03-09-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm sorry but this one shakes my confidence in Ted for the first time. 3 years 3.8 mil? come of teddy WTF. He better have somthing planned out.

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Griffith to the Raiders. Ugh this sucks. :(

Yeah, that's no good :(

Smokey
03-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Perhaps Thompson has his eye on one of the undersized fullbacks in the draft.

cheesehead10790
03-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Idk, this isnt looking too bright for us. Building through the draft is a great way to make a young team, but I dont think its the answer to everything. Signing vets is another great way to develop a young team and I think signing seasoned FAs is just as important as having a good draft. Cmon TT help Brett out this season...

TitleTown088
03-10-2007, 04:50 PM

I don't think & draft picks can Fill ALL of the Packers needs. They are in need of some upgrades in order to be a contender.

neko4
03-10-2007, 05:27 PM
get Henderson BACK!!! Start a petition!!!
Do we still have Miree?

TitleTown088
03-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Do we still have Miree?

MM also trains all of his TE to play to FB position.

PACKmanN
03-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Do we still have Miree?
yup we still have Miree. Did anyone forget the great job Miree did when we beat the Cards? we had 2 backs with 100 yards. Miree the future.

Vince Lombardi
03-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Don't forget that the last offseason went much the same way, but in the end we got a couple good vets and had a great draft.

There are a few guys that I wish we would have signed so far, but most of the guys that got the big money just aren't worth it. I suspect that TT will bring in a few veteran free agents, fill whatever needs he can through the draft, and then look for a few more guys in free agency when the June 1st cuts roll around.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Don't forget that the last offseason went much the same way, but in the end we got a couple good vets and had a great draft.

There are a few guys that I wish we would have signed so far, but most of the guys that got the big money just aren't worth it. I suspect that TT will bring in a few veteran free agents, fill whatever needs he can through the draft, and then look for a few more guys in free agency when the June 1st cuts roll around.

Prolly the most likely scenario.

neko4
03-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Prolly the most likely scenario.

Tory James could turn into the next woodson

GadoR'Savior
03-10-2007, 06:10 PM
hey boys pick ur heads up, maybe someone can get cut on June 1st and maybe TT will open up that huge wallet up and ACTUALLY sign someone! lol doubt it but u must have hope or you will go crazy! Miree is a stud but Griffith is a bigger stud who has been playin in this offense longer. Does TT like Brett Favre?? I really dont think so..

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-10-2007, 06:18 PM
I would only draft Brian Leonard.

Raiderz4Life
03-10-2007, 06:23 PM
I think a reason Justin Griffith chose Oakland was because he was familiar with some of the coaches and the system. He'll be back with Knapp.

Rodgers and Lynch_07
03-10-2007, 06:25 PM
does Oakland run the ZBS?

Raiderz4Life
03-10-2007, 06:39 PM
I think we're going to use it this season. Im pretty sure we are.

princefielder28
03-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I think we're going to use it this season. Im pretty sure we are.

I'm pretty sure the Raiders will still suck

NIN1984
03-12-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm pretty sure the Raiders will still suck

Griffith doesn't think so

M1Koter
03-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I would only draft Brian Leonard.

he's really not that good of a blocker, I think he's overrated but thats just me, but the fact of the matter is that he isn't the type blocker that we need