PDA

View Full Version : Most overrated and most underrated player your team is trying to get.

wicket
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
My ND picks
Underrated: David Amerson Safety out of North Carolina
Great speed, blew up a few combines, plays like a high four star. Best safety I've seen tape of this recruiting cycle.
honourable mentions: Denzel McCoy, Dakota Royer, Cody Riggs.

Overrated: Sean Parker Safety our of California
Not that I dont want him but playing alongside such a high calibre recruit as usc-bound Byron Moore makes it kinda easy at safety. I can change my mind in his senior year but I would like to see him light up as the only great safety on the team before I would rate him a 5* player.
dishonourable mentions: VJ Fehoko, Corey Miller, Chaz Green

cdub11
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
of the remaining Texas targets

Overrated: LB Corey Nelson
rated very high by rivals & scout, there are 2 other linebackers just in the state of Texas I like more (Aaron Benson, Tevin Jackson)

Underrated: Cant really say anyone left on the board is underrated
Darius White
Lache Seastrunk
Jackson Jeffcoat
Jordan Hicks
Trovon Reed
Demarco Cobbs
Jake Matthews

BRAVEHEART
04-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Overrated: LB Jeff luc
great player, but is not a top 10 talent in my eyes

underrated: nobody really.

Hollywood
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I really can't do this game just because of how terrible the ratings are on rivals and scout. Their ratings are the complete opposite of what people down here are saying about the players...

JoeyJr09
04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Overrated:
Delvin Jones. Great physical tools. but bad competition and extremely raw. Should be in the 150-200 range. Not top 75.
Jeff Luc. He's about 50 spots to high,
Michaelee Harris. Should be about the 150-200 range. Not 90.

Underrated:
Louis Nix. He's about 100 spots too low.
Todd Chandler. He should be about 50-75 spots higher.
Cody Riggs. How this guy isn't in the top 250 is beyond me.

SchizophrenicBatman
04-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Overrated - Gabe King. Decent player but has some fishy things going on character wise. With BIG TIME impact guys you put up with that, but he isn't at that level

Underrated - TC Creecy. Seen a lot of film of this guy and he's legit. Wonder if the recruiting sites arent hyping him up much because he's not really looking to go too far from home. Also agree that David Amerson is possibly the most underrated player in NC. TJ Leifheit is an underrated OL as well, though he's probably going to UNC :mad:

Brent
04-09-2009, 06:45 PM
overrated: Ben Malena or Damontre Moore
underrated: Luke Joeckel

With that said, if we can start stealing Dallas area products, our turn around is likely to occur sooner.

ncst8fan83
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
Overrated - Gabe King. Decent player but has some fishy things going on character wise. With BIG TIME impact guys you put up with that, but he isn't at that level

Underrated - TC Creecy. Seen a lot of film of this guy and he's legit. Wonder if the recruiting sites arent hyping him up much because he's not really looking to go too far from home. Also agree that David Amerson is possibly the most underrated player in NC. TJ Leifheit is an underrated OL as well, though he's probably going to UNC :mad:

Couldn't have said it better myself! I'd add PJ Clyburn into that underrated list as well.

P-L
04-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Overrated
Austin White

Underrated
Jeremy Jackson
Skyler Schofner

Texas Homer
04-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Delvin Jones. Great physical tools. but bad competition and extremely raw. Should be in the 150-200 range. Not top 75.
Yeah, I saw that didn't he say that he might want to play WR?????

I would think with his size and athleticism that he would be a bigtime DE prospect all the way.

Am I thinking about the same guy?

Race for the Heisman
05-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Ohio State has been fairly selective, but I would say:

Overrated: William Gholston

Underrated: Spencer Ware

keylime_5
05-20-2009, 05:18 PM
overrated...Matt James, William Gholston
underrated by the recruting media....either Rod Smith or Nick Montana.
underrated by the colleges (offer list)...Spencer Ware.

Sniper
05-20-2009, 05:51 PM
underrated by the recruting media....either Rod Smith

Yeah, he's SO underrated at #48 in the Rivals100. :rolleyes:

keylime_5
05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
indeed he is

keylime_5
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
he looks a lot like Eddie did back in the day. Other than Lattimore, I think Rod Smith is gonna be the biggest star runner this year.

OhioState
05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
I am pretty much in love with Rod Smith. The kid is huge with serious wheels. The eddie comparison is ok for me but i really see the next brandon jacobs

Sniper
05-20-2009, 08:16 PM
indeed he is

Not from your Buckeye pals. I've seen comparisons to Adrian Peterson and Eric Dickerson.

bigbenn
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself! I'd add PJ Clyburn into that underrated list as well.

Can you tell me more about Clyburn? Illinois is recruiting him and he's the #1 S right now (Cooper already in the fold) on their board.

Race for the Heisman
05-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Not from your Buckeye pals. I've seen comparisons to Adrian Peterson and Eric Dickerson.

Adrian Peterson actually is who Smith reminds me of. Nowhere near the same talent, but I think they're similar runners. Smith plays in Indiana however, so it is a bit difficult to tell quite how good he is.

bwillie26
05-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Overrated - Keeston Terry. I think he is a 4* talent, if he plays safety. At WR, I think he is a 5.5-5.6 RR type guy but not the 4* WR they have him listed at.

Underrated - James McConico. Watch the video .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf38wcF51FA

LizardState
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
The hype around Kyle Prater has gotten so deep by now that unless he's the next Calvin Johnson, has a red S on his chest & walks on water he will be overrated.

JFLO
08-08-2009, 09:02 AM
The most overrated player that Ohio State has offered to is Jeff Luc. He is a good prospect, but his ceiling isn't that much higher than it is now in high school.

wicket
08-08-2009, 09:22 AM
My ND picks
Underrated: David Amerson Safety out of North Carolina
Great speed, blew up a few combines, plays like a high four star. Best safety I've seen tape of this recruiting cycle.
honourable mentions: Denzel McCoy, Dakota Royer, Cody Riggs.

Overrated: Sean Parker Safety our of California
Not that I dont want him but playing alongside such a high calibre recruit as usc-bound Byron Moore makes it kinda easy at safety. I can change my mind in his senior year but I would like to see him light up as the only great safety on the team before I would rate him a 5* player.
dishonourable mentions: VJ Fehoko, Corey Miller, Chaz Green

I'll have to do new ones here.

Overrated: Toney Hurd,
Can be that im missing it but i just dont see whats good about him
H.M. Kyle Prater (Good but < Superman, to much hype for anyone) Ego Ferguson (DE, DT some say both i say neither) Cody Riggs (they overcompensated)

Underrated: Christian Lombard
How he is not a high 4* is beyond me
H.M. Daniel Smith (not enough exposure prolly) David Amerson