PDA

View Full Version : Cutler to Bears

Diehard
04-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Thoughts? The initial report from FOX was us getting Chicago's 1st, 3rd and 2010 1st. The Bears throw in "The Neckbeard" and we lose a 5th. ESPN reported something a little more favorable to the Bears.

If it is the deal Glazer reported, I think we got pretty good value in return. Orton can compete in camp against Simms and the rookie we will almost certainly draft (my gut tells me Harrell from Texas Tech - smart, works hard, comes from a spread attack).

snowplow
04-02-2009, 05:16 PM
I think it is a good deal for all. The Broncos get two shots at defensive difference makers in the first round. The bears had a good team, they have a better team now. Two first rounders is steep but if they win 10+ games next year it is ok.

I think Cutler is a lunatic. he now says he did not want to get traded?!

snowplow
04-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
I am locking this thread. Cutler is not being traded. Lets get out of Madden Land please. Why the one on the main boards hasn't been locked yet is beyond me.

This guy, quoted above, looks kind of stupid now.

bearfan
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I think it was a fair trade. And while Orton is no Cutler, he could turn out being solid. I really like the guy, and think he has what it takes to be a decent QB for a while.

CT Bronco Fan
04-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
I am locking this thread. Cutler is not being traded. Lets get out of Madden Land please. Why the one on the main boards hasn't been locked yet is beyond me.

This guy, quoted above, looks kind of stupid now.

Wrong yes, stupid no.

snowplow
04-02-2009, 05:53 PM
yea it was stupid. you were obnoxious and wrong.

CT Bronco Fan
04-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Ah yes, because 25 year old franchise caliber QB's get traded all the time. How obnoxious of me to think all the reports were just drivel, or his agent trying to get him a new contract.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
yea it was stupid. you were obnoxious and wrong.

how is that stupid?
an you have a little attitude problem

BeerBaron
04-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Thank you guys! If you want to upset Clady or Royal I'm sure we can take them off your hands too!

But seriously...good deal for us both I say. Neckbeard ain't terrible.

snowplow
04-02-2009, 06:14 PM
how is that stupid?
an you have a little attitude problem

He did not say it was silly. He did not say it was a bad idea He said the thread should be locked. Locking a thread is significant. To threaten or suggest a thread be locked..... I mean the trade happened. He should have qualified his statement and not told everyone posting that they were wrong and crazy and should be silenced. I may have an attitude problem but so does he and he was wrong.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
He did not say it was silly. He did not say it was a bad idea He said the thread should be locked. Locking a thread is significant. To threaten or suggest a thread be locked..... I mean the trade happened. He should have qualified his statement and not told everyone posting that they were wrong and crazy and should be silenced. I may have an attitude problem but so does he and he was wrong.

locking a thread is not significant...
an yeah he was wrong, everyone is sometimes.

snowplow
04-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Ah yes, because 25 year old franchise caliber QB's get traded all the time. How obnoxious of me to think all the reports were just drivel, or his agent trying to get him a new contract.

you were wrong! you said the thread should be locked! that is obnoxious. Maybe it was a bad choice to trade Cutler but you have to temper your remarks.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 06:32 PM
you were wrong! you said the thread should be locked! that is obnoxious. Maybe it was a bad choice to trade Cutler but you have to temper your remarks.

oh my goodness. him saying this thread should be locked is not a big deal at all.

THIS thread should be locked

bigbuc
04-02-2009, 06:35 PM
I think you guys made out like some fat rats in this deal... You got a QB that can win games and you have picks to fix that D of yours... I think you guys win hands down, unless you draft bums with the picks. I think Orton can put put some nice numbers with the guys you have on the outside. Football is a team game and you will have a better team with this deal.

CT Bronco Fan
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM

I've admitted I was wrong. Not quite sure what your problem is.

Diehard
04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
I think it was a fair trade. And while Orton is no Cutler, he could turn out being solid. I really like the guy, and think he has what it takes to be a decent QB for a while.

But seriously...good deal for us both I say. Neckbeard ain't terrible.

I like the fact Orton cut his teeth playing in the spread attack at Purdue. I can see him having some success in Denver - we've got no shortage of weapons in the passing game, and McD has proven he can coach up a QB in his system.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I think you guys made out like some fat rats in this deal... You got a QB that can win games and you have picks to fix that D of yours... I think you guys win hands down, unless you draft bums with the picks. I think Orton can put put some nice numbers with the guys you have on the outside. Football is a team game and you will have a better team with this deal.

my goodness dude you have like 100 more neg points then you do posts.
thats sad

bearfan
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Im still a huge Orton fan, and will continue to toot his horn. You guys are getting a QB who has somewhere around a 66% winning record, and was only 2-3TDs short of what Matt Cassel was able to achieve in his offense.