PDA

View Full Version : What will Snyder do next???

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
After being outbid you know Snyder is going to try to do something to stay relevant. To think that we will just let the waters calm and settle with our draft picks is foolish, so I wonder what is his next big name move. Could it be trying to get a Julius Peppers Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards, or even try to move Campbell and look QB in the draft. I'm anxiously waiting.

critesy
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
hopefully your dream mock :)

gpngc
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
LOL Jason Campbell= The new Jay Cutler.

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 07:04 PM
After being outbid you know Snyder is going to try to do something to stay relevant. To think that we will just let the waters calm and settle with our draft picks is foolish, so I wonder what is his next big name move. Could it be trying to get a Julius Peppers Anquan Boldin or Braylon Edwards, or even try to move Campbell and look QB in the draft. I'm anxiously waiting.
Do you know the threshold where Snyder said he wouldn't go any further to get Cutler?

As much as I don't like Campbell. He's much better than Orton.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:05 PM
LOL Jason Campbell= The new Jay Cutler.

Problem is a QB fighting for a starting job can't really demand a trade. If he demanded a trade all that would happen is that no team would give anything especially knowing he wants to leave and all that ends up happening is Campbell is in the dog house. Anyways one thing you can't criticize with JC is character, he won't be a problem, he even stated earlier today that he wants badly to be the QB of the Skins but knows it's a business if they try to get Cutler. Hey I was obviously on the get Cutler train but now that the dream is gone, I'm back on the I think JC could be a pretty good QB train. All I know is I spent $120 on a Campbell jersey 2 years ago, and it better not be stuck in my closet with my Terry Allen and Champ Bailey jerseys.

critesy
04-02-2009, 07:08 PM
my 5 month old $80 authentic burgundy campbell jersey lives another day! :D

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Actually come to think of it... Snyder's next big splash is probaby signing Jeff Garcia.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Do you know the threshold where Snyder said he wouldn't go any further to get Cutler?

As much as I don't like Campbell. He's much better than Orton.

My guess is that FO realized that the Bears had all the mid round pick ammo to keep upping the ante a little bit, and we simply had no more picks to offer.

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 07:10 PM
my 5 month old $80 authentic burgundy campbell jersey lives another day! :D
Dude... real Authentic Jerseys cost in the $250 range. You must have an Authentic Replica. LOL.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah $80 is a typical replica price, I got my $120 authentic on EBay.

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 07:11 PM
My guess is that FO realized that the Bears had all the mid round pick ammo to keep upping the ante a little bit, and we simply had no more picks to offer.
Hard to believe Snyder got outbid for once. Seriously.. if he couldn't give up mid round picks, I think that was a bad decision.

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Yeah $80 is a typical replica price, I got my $120 authentic on EBay.
$80 is actually cheap for a replica. Usually they are $100.

I don't trust Made in China stuff on ebay, so I just recently bought my Ware jersey for $250 from NFLShop.com.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:13 PM
What I don't understand is the Broncos willingness to do the deal so soon. Obviously you'd like to jump on a deal like that but IMO if they waited other teams like the Bucs, Lions, Browns, us, etc would have kept making the deal sweeter. I think they cut off negotiations too soon and were just too excited and eager to get rid of Cutler and the whole situation.

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
What I don't understand is the Broncos willingness to do the deal so soon. Obviously you'd like to jump on a deal like that but IMO if they waited other teams like the Bucs, Lions, Browns, us, etc would have kept making the deal sweeter. I think they cut off negotiations too soon and were just too excited and eager to get rid of Cutler and the whole situation.
Yeah. The only reason why I thought it was going fast was because I thought the Skins had complete control over the situation. Just like they did with Haynesworth.

I guess you gotta credit the Bears for forcing Denver to complete the deal asap.

I wonder it $$$ was a factor with you guys not having enough cap to make the deal work without cutting more guys... and cutting guys takes time....

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey this could be a blessing in disguise. Remember the Bengals rejecting our offer last year of 2 first rounders for Ocho Cinco? Wow Thank the man upstairs that one didn't go through. Watch Campbell be a pro bowler and Cutler become a turnover machine who is hated by Chicago fans ala Grossman. Haha I'm dreaming but still. I'm almost relieved we have some resemblance of a draft. Sucks being so into the draft and your team never having picks.

critesy
04-02-2009, 07:22 PM
$80 is actually cheap for a replica. Usually they are $100.

I don't trust Made in China stuff on ebay, so I just recently bought my Ware jersey for $250 from NFLShop.com.

guarentee mine is the same but alot cheaper.

ebay is your friend.. mine came from the states and it has sewn on everything and spandex sides and everything.

i got a white cooley, sean taylor and portis.. and a burgundy campbell

but lets hope snyder calms the eff down for now and goes crazy on trading down in the draft. :)

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Lol trading down, that's not in Snyders mental capacity. Our FO is so strange. You know what I just want BPA with the 13th pick. Even if it's B.J. Raji, imagine Raji and Fat Albert inside. You could have Reed Doughty and MLB and be straight.

critesy
04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
i was actually thinking that too today with the drug problem or whatever the hell he has... if he dropped for sure hit that up. frick i wouldnt be mad if they just reached and took lesean cause i love that boy.

edit, for some reason i just dont trust any of the USC LB and i dont wanna take a LB with 13... i dunno why

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:41 PM
i was actually thinking that too today with the drug problem or whatever the hell he has... if he dropped for sure hit that up. frick i wouldnt be mad if they just reached and took lesean cause i love that boy.

edit, for some reason i just dont trust any of the USC LB and i dont wanna take a LB with 13... i dunno why

Same here not a fan of any of the USC backers at 13, maybe Mag as Albert could hide his weaknesses but still I'd rather not. I too like Lesean but 13 is an awful reach for a guy who is a likely 2nd rounder. Honestly call me stupid but I still wouldn't cry at DHB or hell even Percy Harvin with the 13th pick. I don't think Malcolm will do anything his entire career and even if Devin develops that only leaves us 3 deep with Randle El being a guy who probably would have been cut if he didn't restructure. Obviously I am a huge DHB fan but with Percy he might not be a great WR but he will be a huge playmaker as a returner and even a 3rd down receiver out of the backfield. Just the things you can do with him would make a huge impact for our pathetically non explosive offense. Also I have given thought to Perria Jerry. Playing beside Albert he could be a DT with close to 10 sacks. Still my #1 for our pick is Larry English.

critesy
04-02-2009, 07:45 PM
i think i agree with everything you just said there... percy could do for us what i want lesean to do.. and yeah i recievers are going to be depleted soon minus thomas and kelly so i wouldnt mind DHB as well.. and larry english is an option i like.. but definitely not a USC backer.. its the only way ill be upset on draft day.. is if we get a USC backer... i want andre smith kind of too. hopefully senderrick marks falls to the 3rd to us.. thatd be sick. being an auburn fan haha, he could have a ton of sacks as well with us.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Has Kedric signed his offer sheet yet??? I think he'd be much better playing beside Albert than Monty. I actually thought Monty could have been a small throw in to Denver to get Cutler since Monty is more of a NT. If we found a trade down partner I'd love to get Donald Brown or Shady. Also I'd explore Andre Brown in the 3rd round if he were there.

critesy
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
nah kedric is still chillin i believe and yeah... all i know is i want to address RB in the draft i dont think they will since they signed dominque dorsey from the CFL.. who is actually a beast but still its the cfl so lets be real... they also signed anthony aldrige... so they will probably think thats good enough.. i dont think our front office values rb too much and they seem to love rock cartwright alot as well which is annoying.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 08:00 PM
All I know is if we could get the last pick in the draft for Ladell Betts I'd do it in a new york minute.

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Same here not a fan of any of the USC backers at 13, maybe Mag as Albert could hide his weaknesses but still I'd rather not. I too like Lesean but 13 is an awful reach for a guy who is a likely 2nd rounder. Honestly call me stupid but I still wouldn't cry at DHB or hell even Percy Harvin with the 13th pick. I don't think Malcolm will do anything his entire career and even if Devin develops that only leaves us 3 deep with Randle El being a guy who probably would have been cut if he didn't restructure. Obviously I am a huge DHB fan but with Percy he might not be a great WR but he will be a huge playmaker as a returner and even a 3rd down receiver out of the backfield. Just the things you can do with him would make a huge impact for our pathetically non explosive offense. Also I have given thought to Perria Jerry. Playing beside Albert he could be a DT with close to 10 sacks. Still my #1 for our pick is Larry English.
I can't believe you guys would still want to try and address WR after what you did last year. If you really need help in that dept, you should go with a vet. No sense in compounding more youth into the position until you know Devin and Malcolm are busts.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Malcolm is a bust. You can't correct chronic knee problems. And beyond that right now we are 2 deep at WR. Sure we have invested so much in WR but the fact is that our offense is holding our team down. Our offense sucks because beyond Santana we have no playmakers on the perimeter.

2 Live Crew
04-02-2009, 09:26 PM
I know its not the skins or the fans MO, but can we just chill and let our new head coach settle into his 2nd year and let everyone gain familiarity with a system for once?

Can a man get some consistency in his life please?

(Sorry I know this is asking too much of Snyder)

critesy
04-02-2009, 09:30 PM
i know what youre saying i made a similar rant in one of the cutler threads how were always changing and there is never any stability in our organization.

DiG
04-02-2009, 10:08 PM
Actually come to think of it... Snyder's next big splash is probaby signing Jeff Garcia.

oh god please make it happen!!! at this point that is my dream scenario. trade campbell and sign garcia. then we have 3 picks in the first 3 rounds for OT, LB, DL. And i agree with d unit on not going after another wr at this point. im a beleiver in devin thomas. kellys knee may keep him from being a star but not from being productive. you cant break the bank on a wr after drafting 2 in the 2nd round the year before without giving them a chance.

donald driver rookie year - 3 rec 31 yards
steve smith rookie year - 10 rec 154 yards
derrick mason rookie year - 14 rec 186 yards
hines ward rookie year - 15 rec 246 yards
brandon marshall rookie year - 20 rec 309 yards
tj hous rookie year - 21 rec 228 yards
isaac bruce rookie year - 21 rec 272 yards
reggie wayne rookie year - 27 rec 345 yards

D-Unit
04-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Malcolm is a bust. You can't correct chronic knee problems. And beyond that right now we are 2 deep at WR. Sure we have invested so much in WR but the fact is that our offense is holding our team down. Our offense sucks because beyond Santana we have no playmakers on the perimeter.
IMO, most WRs are not playmakers. There are a handful of them that are, but in general, WRs shouldn't be responsible for holding a team back. They are merely recepients of the guy who is the real playmaker... the QB.

The QB position is the thing holding the Redskins offense back. I know a lot of you used to make all kinds of excuses for Campbell and some still are hopeful, but from an outsider's view, it's clear as daylight that the guy just doesn't have it.

2 Live Crew
04-03-2009, 02:01 PM
DT, I understand you're not a JC fan but...Garcia? What would be the point in that? Dude is 39 yrs old, unless you think we can win a Super Bowl with him than its just pointless.

I know you don't like JC but, you still wouldn't agree that "wasting" one more year with JC to find out for sure if he's the franchise QB (still young, can improve) is better than wasting a year on a 39 yr old QB. (And don't say Kurt Warner blah blah blah)

In your scenario (if we traded JC), I'd rather just start Brennan than pick up Garcia.

DiG
04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
DT, I understand you're not a JC fan but...Garcia? What would be the point in that? Dude is 39 yrs old, unless you think we can win a Super Bowl with him than its just pointless.

I know you don't like JC but, you still wouldn't agree that "wasting" one more year with JC to find out for sure if he's the franchise QB (still young, can improve) is better than wasting a year on a 39 yr old QB. (And don't say Kurt Warner blah blah blah)

In your scenario (if we traded JC), I'd rather just start Brennan than pick up Garcia.

I don't know that Colt is ready to start and I think a year with Garcia would be great for him. Garcia knows the WCO and would be the perfect mentor for Colt and even better he still has what it takes to win in this league. Last year with Tampa in 11 games he had 12 tds 6 ints and 2700 yards with a mediocre wr core. Two years ago in Philly he was a beast in the west coast offense. I love his attitude/personality on the field and he is a leader. If I could hand pick a WCO mentor for Colt he would be in my top 3 of anyone in the league.

2 Live Crew
04-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Ah, ok you want him for the mentoring aspect of Colt. I know Garcia has been decent the last few years but I'd still just rather throw Colt in instead of him and get that first year of pain out of the way. Garcia is 39, unless your name is Kurt Warner that's basically a breaking point for a QB in this league.

IMO, I'd rather know for sure that JC isn't the one that can lead us. If the FO felt like you and lost faith in him, than I'd rather just see a trial by fire for Colt. IMO, I think young QB's learn more from playing than by watching a veteran on the sidelines.

DiG
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Ah, ok you want him for the mentoring aspect of Colt. I know Garcia has been decent the last few years but I'd still just rather throw Colt in instead of him and get that first year of pain out of the way. Garcia is 39, unless your name is Kurt Warner that's basically a breaking point for a QB in this league.

IMO, I'd rather know for sure that JC isn't the one that can lead us. If the FO felt like you and lost faith in him, than I'd rather just see a trial by fire for Colt. IMO, I think young QB's learn more from playing than by watching a veteran on the sidelines.

I think it depends on the QB, the situation, and the system. The WCO is very difficult to learn compared to any other offense in the NFL. I honestly think that Garcia would win more games than Campbell would this upcoming season and looking at the long term I think it would benefit a guy like Colt to have a year with Garcia before being asked to run the offense. I guarantee he didn't learn much from Campbell last year.

treyskins
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
What ive seen reported is that the browns got cold feet and backed out of the deal to send Quinn to denver, Campbell to cleveland and Cutler to us.
With other draft picks thrown in.

Danny tried to trade Campbell for a second rounder and could get no takers.
So why is he our starting quarterback again?
Doubtful the skins could get even a third rounder for him now but i dont think that will stop them trying.

It was a depressing day, who is going to be our Q.B. of the future?
Sanchez will be long gone before pick 13.
Josh Freeman not worth the pick as has a lot of learning to do(nice size though).
Garcia is ancient,very unlikely he stays fit the whole season(might as well bring back Brunell,he can play w.c.o.).
Leftwich is no quicker than Campbell.
If we manage to win 6 to 10 games then that takes Bradford/Cody out of range.
Colt Brennan,well he has a long way to go but he is a prospect which is something for the future.

critesy
04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/04/skins-sniffing-around-leftwich/

sweet brought leftwich in for a visit?

i dont get it

Strongside
04-04-2009, 06:49 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/04/skins-sniffing-around-leftwich/

sweet brought leftwich in for a visit?

i dont get it

I saw that too. I don't understand it at all. Have they ever seen Leftwich play? He is the exact opposite of what you want in a WC quarterback...

toddmlazarchick
04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
I wish we would just have an open QB competition in camp. Campbell never had to fight for his job he was just given the reigns when Brunell wasn't getting it done anymore. Right now I think Colt would win the competition if we had one. Throwing motion and all that crap aside I could careless how he gets rid of the ball. The kid can make plays. An open competition would either light a fire under Campbell's ass or make him crumble.

Canadian_draft_fan
04-05-2009, 03:01 PM
I wish we would just have an open QB competition in camp. Campbell never had to fight for his job he was just given the reigns when Brunell wasn't getting it done anymore. Right now I think Colt would win the competition if we had one. Throwing motion and all that crap aside I could careless how he gets rid of the ball. The kid can make plays. An open competition would either light a fire under Campbell's ass or make him crumble.
I'm sorry but you have got to be kidding. The fact that the Skins are talking to Leftwich tells me the Skins don't have the confidence in Brennan to even be the backup. I don't see anything more than a backup level talent in him. A few big plays in the exhibition season and suddenly Colt's our savior?!?! I saw his throws when he played and an NFL caliber safety would just salivate when he throws one up down the middle. I'm not saying he can't be developed but God help us if he ever has to start a regular season game.

toddmlazarchick
04-05-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry but you have got to be kidding. The fact that the Skins are talking to Leftwich tells me the Skins don't have the confidence in Brennan to even be the backup. I don't see anything more than a backup level talent in him. A few big plays in the exhibition season and suddenly Colt's our savior?!?! I saw his throws when he played and an NFL caliber safety would just salivate when he throws one up down the middle. I'm not saying he can't be developed but God help us if he ever has to start a regular season game.

Please highlight where I said Colt is our savior? If you read into anything about Leftwich you would understand that he was working out to be in a position battle with Collins NOT Brennan. And since when does Brennan lollipop his throws? I was willing to give Campbell a pass off crediting his troubles to that crappy OL but in the Cincinnati game Campbell had a chance to show what he has because he had very little pressure the entire game and he crumbled. Im willing to give him this year but if things dont improve over last year id throw Colt to the wolves and see what he has so we know where we stand.

Say what you want but I would take a guy with swagger and confidence over a guy who is timid and unsure. If Brennan has another good preseason then he has every right for a shot at starting.

DiG
04-05-2009, 04:43 PM
i think that the fact we are looking at byron further supports the argument that the skins are still looking to trade campbell. not sure byron fits the WCO either but im sure him tearing us up this past season didnt hurt him in snyder and cerratos eyes. my guess is if the skins do find a trade with campbell they are going to want someone who has some veteran starting experience. collins is ready to retire if you ask me which means we need a qb that can step on the field in case colt isnt ready.

toddmlazarchick
04-05-2009, 05:03 PM
i think that the fact we are looking at byron further supports the argument that the skins are still looking to trade campbell. not sure byron fits the WCO either but im sure him tearing us up this past season didnt hurt him in snyder and cerratos eyes. my guess is if the skins do find a trade with campbell they are going to want someone who has some veteran starting experience. collins is ready to retire if you ask me which means we need a qb that can step on the field in case colt isnt ready.

I disagree. I think the Leftwich tryout was because we are looking to cut Collins. IMO the front office and Zorn know that the success Collins had was due to being an expert on the Saunders system not him being a good starting QB. IMO id rather have Byron backing up Campbell over Collins. Leftwich wants to compete for a starting job not a backup thats why he left without a contract or even a contract offer.

Canadian_draft_fan
04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
Please highlight where I said Colt is our savior? If you read into anything about Leftwich you would understand that he was working out to be in a position battle with Collins NOT Brennan. And since when does Brennan lollipop his throws? I was willing to give Campbell a pass off crediting his troubles to that crappy OL but in the Cincinnati game Campbell had a chance to show what he has because he had very little pressure the entire game and he crumbled. Im willing to give him this year but if things dont improve over last year id throw Colt to the wolves and see what he has so we know where we stand.

Say what you want but I would take a guy with swagger and confidence over a guy who is timid and unsure. If Brennan has another good preseason then he has every right for a shot at starting.
OK, I understand Leftwich is brought in to replace Collins and knew that all along. However, if Colt is ready to challenge Campbell to start then why even bring in Leftwich at all. The Loser of the battle goes to the bench or backup. You'd think that if the Skins had confidence in Brennan to beat out Collins they wouldn't even look at Leftwich.
Colt doesn't necessarily throw lollipops but they aren't darts either. He attempts throws like Favre but without the arm.
However, I do agree with you about Campbell this year. He has to get it done this year or we have to move on.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-05-2009, 05:35 PM
Colt is being overrated by every Skins fan. All this talk about him being ready to compete, IMO FO and Zorn see him as a late round QB prospect who is a 3-4 year prospect with no intentions or expectations of him being a starter. The guy makes a couple nice preseason throws against scrubs and all of a sudden JC is Drew Brees blocking Phillip Rivers from starting.

Canadian_draft_fan
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Colt is being overrated by every Skins fan. All this talk about him being ready to compete, IMO FO and Zorn see him as a late round QB prospect who is a 3-4 year prospect with no intentions or expectations of him being a starter. The guy makes a couple nice preseason throws against scrubs and all of a sudden JC is Drew Brees blocking Phillip Rivers from starting.
Completely agree.

DiG
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
i love colt and ive never ever said i thought he was ready. i absolutely think he needs a good 3 or so years learning form zorn which is why ive always said i wanted to bring in a guy like garcia.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Still bringing in a 1 year stop gap implies that we have a franchise QB in the wings and if we are counting on Colt developing into our future than we are playing Russian Roulette. Fine if we trade Campbell and draft Sanchez, but IMO putting the future in a 6th round pick hoping he's the next Tom Brady is far too risky for me. I understand Colt possesses great tools to be successful in a WCO, but in fact Zorn's job security is as much on the line as Campbell's QB job and what happens if we fire Zorn sign a coach who isn't running a WCO and are stuck with Colt Brennan as our QB in a more traditional pro style offense. I just think there are far too many risks in that. If Jason fails this year I absolutely want to draft a QB first round next year. I love Colt as much as the next but I'm not betting my marbles on him every becoming a starter. If he does great, but it's more likely he doesn't.

DiG
04-06-2009, 08:06 AM
Still bringing in a 1 year stop gap implies that we have a franchise QB in the wings and if we are counting on Colt developing into our future than we are playing Russian Roulette. Fine if we trade Campbell and draft Sanchez, but IMO putting the future in a 6th round pick hoping he's the next Tom Brady is far too risky for me. I understand Colt possesses great tools to be successful in a WCO, but in fact Zorn's job security is as much on the line as Campbell's QB job and what happens if we fire Zorn sign a coach who isn't running a WCO and are stuck with Colt Brennan as our QB in a more traditional pro style offense. I just think there are far too many risks in that. If Jason fails this year I absolutely want to draft a QB first round next year. I love Colt as much as the next but I'm not betting my marbles on him every becoming a starter. If he does great, but it's more likely he doesn't.

I'm not trying to say we put all our eggs in one basket with Colt. All I'm saying is that from what I've seen from him in college/training camp/preseason and what the coaches have mentioned about his progress, I hope that he is at least given a chance at real time action to see what hes got before we go drafting a qb in the first round. If Campbell is traded or 3/4 of the way through the year we are out of the playoff hunt then I would hope that Colt gets a chance at some snaps so that we can try to gauge a little better what we are working with.

703SKINS202
04-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Mark Sanchez?

Canadian_draft_fan
04-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Mark Sanchez?
I think Sanchez will be gone by the 13th pick, perhaps before #12. However I am petrified that Snyderatto will draft Freeman @ 13. Freeman isn't much different than Campbell so we would just push ourselves back a couple of years. I just pray to God I'm being paranoid here.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Freeman has a bigger arm than JC and IMO the biggest arm in the draft even above Stafford but he has even worse accuracy and decision making than Campbell, also he isn't a WC fit with his release, honestly I would be pissed if we drafted any QB. Cutler was fine because he is a proven commodity, but I wouldn't want any of the QB's other than Stafford but that's not happening.

McBain
04-11-2009, 11:28 AM
If BJ Raji dropped i would be all for picking him up. That said, i think it's pretty unlikely that we pick him up even if he is there... i think it's an LB or an ol.

As far as the qb situation im reluctant to admit that i don't think campbell has it but i hope he defies my expectations. I definetly would have been all for cutler but i do think the bears overpaid so there is some solace in the fact that we didn't over bid something that was already sky high.

I sincerely hope our offense takes off but i feel like it will be mired in the same mercurial mediocrity that plauged it last season. Maybe on the strenghth of our D we sneak into the playoffs.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2009, 08:50 PM
It sucks we basically have to pray and hope that the rookie guys produce year 2 because Randle El and Thrash as our primary targets was hideous. It's just too easy when teams face us. Double Moss and you shut down the passing game.

toddmlazarchick
04-12-2009, 10:19 PM
It sucks we basically have to pray and hope that the rookie guys produce year 2 because Randle El and Thrash as our primary targets was hideous. It's just too easy when teams face us. Double Moss and you shut down the passing game.

I still stick by my statement that Kelly will be a damn good WR.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-13-2009, 06:50 AM
Unfixable chronic knee injuries and lacking the speed to get separation on the NFL level isn't a good sign. But I'll keep my hopes out that he develops into a decent #3 or 4.

DiG
04-13-2009, 07:00 AM
you can hope all you want about kelly but im excited about thomas to be honest. have you guys read his blog? it looks like hes been working really hard and putting in a ton of time with campbell.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Thomas shows me skills to be a good player with his size and speed ratio, Kelly to me I would be shocked if he ever had more than 200 yards receiving in a season. I viewed him as a late 2nd prospect at best on a pure game film basis and not even considering his awful injuries, so when we drafted him in the second last year after already taking 2 pass catchers, I was baffled especially since I liked Limas Sweed much more. I definitely wouldn't mind if we traded down again this year and go crazy getting a bunch of o-lineman to rebuild it completely. If we could find a taker I'd love to turn the 13th pick into 2-3 2nd-3rd rounders and take a couple tackles and a center.

toddmlazarchick
04-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Unfixable chronic knee injuries and lacking the speed to get separation on the NFL level isn't a good sign. But I'll keep my hopes out that he develops into a decent #3 or 4.

The same thing was said about Rocky as well. I think he proved to it wrong.

DiG
04-13-2009, 03:41 PM
http://thomas11.com/blog.html

theres his blog if anyone wants to read.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Nothing builds chemistry with your QB like playing online Xbox. Anyways sounds great but hopefully JC doesn't fall in love with DT to the point that he stares him down every play trying to get it to him. I just hope JC finally starts actually reading the field and not deciding where to throw it prior to the play.

D-Unit
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Nothing builds chemistry with your QB like playing online Xbox. Anyways sounds great but hopefully JC doesn't fall in love with DT to the point that he stares him down every play trying to get it to him. I just hope JC finally starts actually reading the field and not deciding where to throw it prior to the play.
JC has never been quick to think on his feet, not even after 4 years playing in the same system at Auburn. In the WCO, if your QB is not a quick thinker, he's dead in his tracks.

I can't wait to watch Colt tear up another preseason. There's a guy who understands how to read what the defense gives and make plays off the seat of his pants. See, the thing is... it's natural for him. JC is such a robot it's pathetic.

Canadian_draft_fan
04-15-2009, 01:52 PM
hopefully this is just a smoke screen:
Link (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/2009-nfl-draft/skins-interest-in-sanchez-stil.html)

critesy
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
JC has never been quick to think on his feet, not even after 4 years playing in the same system at Auburn. In the WCO, if your QB is not a quick thinker, he's dead in his tracks.

I can't wait to watch Colt tear up another preseason. There's a guy who understands how to read what the defense gives and make plays off the seat of his pants. See, the thing is... it's natural for him. JC is such a robot it's pathetic.

everything in this sentence is true minus the fact he was in 4 different systems 4 years.