PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Z

Addict
04-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Yeah. Let's have a DBZ thread.

Vegeta rocks.

Also: did anyone here watch the DBZ Abridged by TeamFourStar on youtube? Funny stuff.

Crickett
04-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Why didn't you DOOOOOOODGE

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Addict
04-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Why didn't you DOOOOOOODGE

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I swear to god I had dreams about mr. Popo... Pecking order.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
did you guys play the dragonball z card game?.

Addict
04-02-2009, 09:08 PM
did you guys play the dragonball z card game?.

No. But I watched DBZ for years when I was visiting my dad in France, and I didn't get it (french DBZ is insanely hard) but then I ended up watching it here on tv and the anime and such. Was the card game any good?

Someone youtube-quote those abridged things in here, for people to see.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
No. But I watched DBZ for years when I was visiting my dad in France, and I didn't get it (french DBZ is insanely hard) but then I ended up watching it here on tv and the anime and such. Was the card game any good?

Someone youtube-quote those abridged things in here, for people to see.

hell if i know. i didnt play it, i was jus wondering if any of you guys did

ironman4579
04-02-2009, 09:15 PM
I have to say, I just saw the Dragonball Evolution preview (movie). It looks unbelievably awful. Like, seriously, brutally bad. Another amazing classic cartoon ruined by live action.

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
I have to say, I just saw the Dragonball Evolution preview (movie). It looks unbelievably awful. Like, seriously, brutally bad. Another amazing classic cartoon ruined by live action.

yes i agree. that movie looks pathetic

Addict
04-02-2009, 09:21 PM
yes i agree. that movie looks pathetic

I haven't seen it yet. But I'll make sure to rent it when it comes out on DVD... I did hear it's mindnumbingly bad.

Xonraider
04-02-2009, 09:23 PM
I grew up with this, my life is based in this. Seriously.
And the movie looks awfully bad.
The abridged thing on youtube is awesome.

''Look, Vegeta, a pokemon. I'm going to catch it!''

Breaker
04-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Teh obligatory 'over 9000' video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBtpyeLxVkI

ironman4579
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
I haven't seen it yet. But I'll make sure to rent it when it comes out on DVD... I did hear it's mindnumbingly bad.

Once you see the preview, you'll want to kill yourself. Once you're dead, fortunately you won't be able to rent it. Because if you did, you'd go to hell. Instantly.

Caddy
04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
You can't beat this guy:

Chiaotzu

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonball-z/Images/Biographies/C/Chioutzu.gif

Addict
04-02-2009, 09:34 PM
You can't beat this guy:

Chiaotzu

http://www.myfavoritegames.com/dragonball-z/Images/Biographies/C/Chioutzu.gif

hey look... IT'S A POKEMON!

SimonRath
04-02-2009, 09:55 PM
Once you see the preview, you'll want to kill yourself. Once you're dead, fortunately you won't be able to rent it. Because if you did, you'd go to hell. Instantly.

okay that was a little dramatic

ironman4579
04-02-2009, 09:56 PM

No, seriously. Hell.

Paul
04-02-2009, 09:57 PM
I loved waiting 3 episodes for Goku to put together a Spirit Bomb.

Crickett
04-02-2009, 09:58 PM

Its really that bad. Think about how bad Disaster movie was. And Ready 2 Rumble. And Troll 2. Then add on an extra helping of bad. And that's how good the best parts of the movie used in the trailer are.

Crickett
04-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I loved waiting 3 episodes for Goku to put together a Spirit Bomb.

How could anyone not like 5 minutes that last two weeks? Or a full half an hour of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

comahan
04-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Love(d?) it. Good show.

ironman4579
04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
A couple of my favorite DBZ moments.

Goku's warp kamehameha vs Cell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnOV1JuuGQ

Goku vs Vegeta-Kamehameha vs Galick Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5qWoFdR_p4&feature=related

Goku, Gohan, and Goten Kamehameha vs Broly (from movie Return of Broly)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zEBpdZruyA&feature=related

Piccolo kills Raditz (and Goku) with a Special Beam Cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTkihkqGjI4

MetSox17
04-02-2009, 10:29 PM
I spent most of my middle school days watching this on Cartoon Network, then i would get reception from some mexican channels that would air Dragonball GT, and i thought that was the greatest thing ever.

I'd also spend hours on end drawing pictures of the Dragonball Z characters. Vegeta was hands down my favorite.

BRAVEHEART
04-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't know about you guys....but THIS THREAD IS OVER 9000!!!!

http://www.doodstormer.zoomshare.com/files/over9000ry4.jpg

ElectricEye
04-02-2009, 10:46 PM
This show pretty much was my childhood. Seriously. I pretty much knew the ins and outs of even the least significant characters. Watched the show waaaaaay back when it was on Fox(I think, it was a long time ago and my memory of being four isn't that good) early in the morning with Sailor Moon. When it moved to Toonami a couple years later I followed big time.

I'm actually pumped about the movie. It's going to be among the worst films in history, no doubt...but it should be fun. I have a **** ton of people going to see it with me on midnight and prepared to laugh.

Addict
04-02-2009, 11:01 PM
just seeing Broly made me remember how insanely cool he was. I was so dissapointed that he was a bad guy. Broly was the works.

Still Vegeta has got to be the best DBZ char ever.

"Every breath you take, Kakarot, is an insult to my honor"

Draft King
04-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Vegeta is easily the best character the show. He is developed the most throughout and is just such a huge badass. Goku ain't got **** on him. On the movie I know it will be god-awful but it is DBZ so I have no choice but to see it.

BRAVEHEART
04-02-2009, 11:06 PM
after frieza, the show got lame (IMO). Dragonball/early Z>>>>Z and GT

JT Jag
04-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Mr. Popo is the single most frightening being in all existance.

ironman4579
04-02-2009, 11:12 PM

Seriously? I completely disagree. GT was the worst of the bunch (still great though), but everything from the start of the Android saga on in Z was incredible. Give me the Cell Games and Majin Buu over just about everything other than the Saiyan saga. Far better than original Dragonball IMO (even though it was good too).

brat316
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM
Seriously? I completely disagree. GT was the worst of the bunch (still great though), but everything from the start of the Android saga on in Z was incredible. Give me the Cell Games and Majin Buu over just about everything other than the Saiyan saga. Far better than original Dragonball IMO (even though it was good too).

Cell and Android saga was so ridiculous, ohh we are invincible no matter wat you do u can not kill us. Ohh whats that you came from the future ahahhaha, you can't kill me.....bunch of crap happens i stopped watching after Trunks came.

I liked everything up till then, when the Frezza saga ended it should have ended there. Though Goku going super sain was cool, but then the whole Cell invincible thing was crazy.

Addict
04-02-2009, 11:19 PM

I know that amongst the hardcore fans the consensus is that the Frieza saga, with the emergence of the Super Saiyana and all was the zenith of DBZ, but I didn't get into it until the Android Saga, and I watched from there all the way to the Majin Buu saga before backtracking.

So for me, Super Saiyans and all that was 'normal'. But I do love the Frieza & Saiyan Sagas as well. Hell I even adored GT.

Mr. Popo is the single most frightening being in all existance.

you, the dirt, the worms that live in the dirt, popo's stool, kami, popo.

The Namekians are awesome too:

"NAIL!!"
- "yes?"
"I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside"

<nail complains about how boring namek is>

"NAIL"
- "WHAT?!"
"I saw a bird. It was pretty. It kicks ass"

Paul
04-02-2009, 11:29 PM
I started watching it way back in 98, when it used to come on early Sunday mornings, way before the move to Toonami. But for whatever reason the episodes used to end during the Frieza saga, when Goku first arrives and kills Rakoom, then it would go all the way back to the episode 1. Whatever, I still watched every episode. Good times.

And:
http://www.gamesgb.com/vb/uploaded/71180_11234362767.jpg

Best DBZ ever.

holt_bruce81
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Never seen the show lol. I've heard it's good though.

BRAVEHEART
04-02-2009, 11:46 PM
I know that amongst the hardcore fans the consensus is that the Frieza saga, with the emergence of the Super Saiyana and all was the zenith of DBZ, but I didn't get into it until the Android Saga, and I watched from there all the way to the Majin Buu saga before backtracking.
So for me, Super Saiyans and all that was 'normal'. But I do love the Frieza & Saiyan Sagas as well. Hell I even adored GT.

you, the dirt, the worms that live in the dirt, popo's stool, kami, popo.

The Namekians are awesome too:

"NAIL!!"
- "yes?"
"I saw a fish. That is all. Go back outside"

<nail complains about how boring namek is>

"NAIL"
- "WHAT?!"
"I saw a bird. It was pretty. It kicks ass"

It felt that the series got boring and repetitive. Goku defeats person who threatens earth (and has multiple forms). This person is just a lil stronger than the last enemy so goku needs to go to a next level of super saiyajin. Goku and gang defeat enemy...now repeat. The fight scenes got very boring and repititive too.

Job
04-02-2009, 11:59 PM
I've only read the mangas, and they were great. Shows were just loud screaming all over the place.

ElectricEye
04-03-2009, 12:12 AM
Eh, up until the Frieza Saga was more inspired for sure. After that it got a bit formulaic...but with that many episodes what can you expect? Akira Toriyama said multiple times he was burnt out. If you look at the progression from Dragon Ball to GT(which he wasn't even involved in that much) you can kind of see that part of it died along the way. That's ok though. It was still absolutely fantastic.

brat316
04-03-2009, 12:19 AM
DBZ was suppose to end after the Frieza Saga, but since it caught on so well they just kept rolling with it.

Come on GT, i wish Goku into a child....really, ******* really, a child, ***** the balls can make any wish come true and you pick child. Clearly they made up GT out of their ass.

Anyone watch anything else?
I am watching Bleach, also you should try Code Geass

CashmoneyDrew
04-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Please don't ever let me see another troll reference again. I'm seriously scarred for life, and that was back in November.

Strongside
04-03-2009, 12:24 AM
If I were a superhero I would be Broly. His power is maximum.

brat316
04-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Please don't ever let me see another troll reference again. I'm seriously scarred for life, and that was back in November.

what you talks about voodoo

CashmoneyDrew
04-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Its really that bad. Think about how bad Disaster movie was. And Ready 2 Rumble. And Troll 2. Then add on an extra helping of bad. And that's how good the best parts of the movie used in the trailer are.

This movie is to never be mentioned again. It doesn't exist!

islandboy843
04-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Greatness this show was.....Anyone remember the draft we had...

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, Broly is the most bad ass of all the DBZ characters. The movies with him are awesome. Bio-Brolly isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

I agree that GT was the worst, but definitely can't agree that Dragonball was better than Z at any point really. Come on, there were no Saiyajins (outside of chibi Goku) and the big baddies were chumps like Yamcha & Tien. The movie also looks like rubbish, no one looks anywhere close their cartoon versions. Freaking Piccolo is off white.

And Bleach is literally the current day DBZ. The shows are similar in so many facets. Bleach will go on and on forever with episodes. Every new arc they must face slightly more powerful opponents and reach all new levels of power! Bankai=SSJ. Most fights take 2-3 episodes because they spend more time talking to each other than fighting. They still havent learned the meaning of 'montage' and continue to devote multiple episodes to training. Kenpachi is the man though. He is basically Broly however.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/3202383216_47cf9c71cd.jpg

BRAVEHEART
04-03-2009, 12:47 AM
besides for being buff, what was so great about Broly? I always thought his character was lame. No personality whatsoever, boring.

Dragon ball was a much more creative and fun show. It never got boring, had plenty of surprises and new ideas instead of just recycling the same ideas every saga (DBZ). .

Early DBZ was the ish though, loved it, made me a fan.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Broly was great because he blew **** up better than anyone else. He fought everyone at once! He was literally the definition of destruction, come on man, hes the god damn Legendary Super Saiyajin!

D-Unit
04-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Are Dragonball Z cards from Japan in the 80's worth anything?

BRAVEHEART
04-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Broly was great because he blew **** up better than anyone else. He fought everyone at once! He was literally the definition of destruction, come on man, hes the god damn Legendary Super Saiyajin!

Did he really, Freeza and vegeta blew up planets with one blast :) (bad writing by toriyama).

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Did he really, Freeza and vegeta blew up planets with one blast :) (bad writing by toriyama).

Bah! Freeza was a *****, took me like 30 episodes to figure out Freeza's damn sex. I remember Vegeta's Big Bang Attack on the planet, wasnt that in the VERY start of DBZ when him and Nappa? stopped at some planet randomly while Goku & Raditz were still going at it.

But still, Broly did fight Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, & Piccolo all at once and they couldnt kill him.

BRAVEHEART
04-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Bah! Freeza was a *****, took me like 30 episodes to figure out Freeza's damn sex. I remember Vegeta's Big Bang Attack on the planet, wasnt that in the VERY start of DBZ when him and Nappa? stopped at some planet randomly while Goku & Raditz were still going at it.

But still, Broly did fight Vegeta, Goku, Gohan, Trunks, & Piccolo all at once and they couldnt kill him.

I thought they did (goku punched him in the gut, lol).

brat316
04-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Yes, Broly is the most bad ass of all the DBZ characters. The movies with him are awesome. Bio-Brolly isn't that good, but it isn't bad.

I agree that GT was the worst, but definitely can't agree that Dragonball was better than Z at any point really. Come on, there were no Saiyajins (outside of chibi Goku) and the big baddies were chumps like Yamcha & Tien. The movie also looks like rubbish, no one looks anywhere close their cartoon versions. Freaking Piccolo is off white.

And Bleach is literally the current day DBZ. The shows are similar in so many facets. Bleach will go on and on forever with episodes. Every new arc they must face slightly more powerful opponents and reach all new levels of power! Bankai=SSJ. Most fights take 2-3 episodes because they spend more time talking to each other than fighting. They still havent learned the meaning of 'montage' and continue to devote multiple episodes to training. Kenpachi is the man though. He is basically Broly however.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3394/3202383216_47cf9c71cd.jpg

Bleach is much better, if they took out the stupid ass filers then you would be like ohh **** this is awesome. And some fight scenes they extend on to much. In Bleach you have the good guy turn bad and make a whole new regime, he was just playing everyone. They already have reached the new level of power they just don't know how to control it. And they had Bankai from the start. Then again I guess it is similar, each sword has a release = SJ, and then Bankai = SSJ.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 01:20 AM
I thought they did (goku punched him in the gut, lol).

Well it is the DBZ universe where no one is truly dead haha. He was able to come back for a couple more movies after his first 'death'. I don't remember how he came back for his 2nd movie, in the 3rd (bio-broly) scientists sort of brought him back, but he was more of a big blob of goo than a saiyajin.

And ya, Bleach & DBZ arent exactly the same, but I still contend that Bleach is the modern day slightly evolved DBZ. They share a lot of similarities.

BeerBaron
04-03-2009, 01:25 AM
I soooo loved DBZ back in the day.....I remember my first time through the Freiza sage (or however it's spelled....) So epic....lol.

Vegeta and Piccolo were my favs for sure.

BRAVEHEART
04-03-2009, 01:26 AM
they are all shonen books (teenage boy hero stuff).

CashmoneyDrew
04-03-2009, 01:31 AM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/2336/piccolo8tz.jpg

Bad Ass.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 01:39 AM
they are all shonen books (teenage boy hero stuff).

The japanese love their teenage school boy turned crazy powerful killer/hero !

brat316
04-03-2009, 01:42 AM
Yo where did you watch Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavens Door

I must see that, the series was awesome in both Jap and English.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Yo where did you watch Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavens Door

I must see that, the series was awesome in both Jap and English.

I actually went with a few friends and saw it in a local art theater when it first came to the states, don't think ive seen it subbed.

brat316
04-03-2009, 01:52 AM
I actually went with a few friends and saw it in a local art theater when it first came to the states, don't think ive seen it subbed.

Cowboy bebop is awesome, looking through your list I have seen quite a few.

If you want to have a good laugh watch a few episodes of Eye Shield 21

Also I see you like the fighting and sword play theme, as do I, check out Rurouni Kenshin. --- just saw it on your list a 10 it does deserve a 10

Also whats up no Naruto Shippuden

Mr. Hero
04-03-2009, 01:53 AM
Being best friends with two kids from hong kong who went to visit every summer meant I watched to much of this show. Piccolo was the original badass of the show, although I got into Gundam's a lot more then it was Outlaw Star/Trigun and finally NGE/Ghost in Shell/Akira was the culmination of my anime phase. This show was hilarious though and I'm hoping the movie is awesomely bad.

brat316
04-03-2009, 01:57 AM
The movie is super bad looking at the trailer

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Cowboy bebop is awesome, looking through your list I have seen quite a few.

If you want to have a good laugh watch a few episodes of Eye Shield 21

Also I see you like the fighting and sword play theme, as do I, check out Rurouni Kenshin. --- just saw it on your list a 10 it does deserve a 10

Also whats up no Naruto Shippuden

For the most part I do my best to avoid the ridiculously long series. Naruto also looked a bit too kiddy for me. I got sucked into Bleach, I had no idea it wasnt a typical 26 episode series when I started it.

I also haven't seen much any of the Kenshin series, but I have seen Samurai X the Kenshin prequel. Its a 4 ep OVA and absolutely brilliant.

brat316
04-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Yo4t8PeqJ6E

brat316
04-03-2009, 02:02 AM
For the most part I do my best to avoid the ridiculously long series. Naruto also looked a bit too kiddy for me. I got sucked into Bleach, I had no idea it wasnt a typical 26 episode series when I started it.

I also haven't seen much any of the Kenshin series, but I have seen Samurai X the Kenshin prequel. Its a 4 ep OVA and absolutely brilliant.

I'll have to watch it then.

Naruto is kiddy, not Shippuden.

brat316
04-03-2009, 02:07 AM
check out Blade of the Immortal

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 02:13 AM
I'll have to watch it then.

Naruto is kiddy, not Shippuden.

Been trying to dig up a youtube vid of the first 5-10 minutes of my fav series to link you up too, I think I may have found one. Must screen it first to verify that it isn't censored though, hate censors!

Just a sec.

Mr. Hero
04-03-2009, 02:14 AM
As this show so epically teaches the answer to global warming is yelling loudly enough...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E_bse0BLJ8

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Hmm, this was the best I can find bhaa. And this is the censored version, imagine the uncut, mucho better :)

brat316
04-03-2009, 02:29 AM
Hmm, this was the best I can find bhaa. And this is the censored version, imagine the uncut, mucho better :)

WTF was that?

i'll watch a few episodes to see if it gets better

One of my main things is, it needs good artistic work, or it better have an amazing story like Cowboy Bebop, it was made in 95 but damn that **** is classic.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Haha I love seeing peoples encounters to its opening. Has a very nice shock value. The story is amazing. The music is very powerful too, fits well with the demeanor of the series. Very Requiem'esque. But yes, there is random nudity & a lot of gore.

Mr. Hero
04-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Haha I love seeing peoples encounters to its opening. Has a very nice shock value. The story is amazing. The music is very powerful too, fits well with the demeanor of the series. Very Requiem'esque. But yes, there is random nudity & a lot of gore.

I'm assuming you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, is this show on par? Seems bloody enough to be entertaining at least.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm assuming you've seen Neon Genesis Evangelion, is this show on par? Seems bloody enough to be entertaining at least.

Ugh, I love this show so much more than Eva. I've seen Eva before it, Ive seen Eva many times (actually I have the remastered DVD's.. well if they ever get returned to me) and I honestly still have no idea wtf happens in a lot of it. They randomly switch between plot ideas, often forgetting and never getting back to many of them. It has two endings, both of which are serious head scratchers. I say this as someone who, overall, really enjoys Evangelion too. Elfen Lied is much better.

I love Elfen Lied's gore for shock value, especially that scene. But there are a lot of gory yet awful shows. Elfen Lied is about way more than a bunch of violence, it lays out an incredible story that really gets to you in only 13 eps.

Mr. Hero
04-03-2009, 02:58 AM
Cool, I'll add that to my list for after finals.

I loved NGE, granted I first saw it as an early teen and have seen it a couple times through so it's really not that confusing to me, or at least it wasn't last time I watched it, so if this is as good or better I look forward to watching it during my summer of psychedelics.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 03:01 AM
Have you ever seen Rah'Xephon? In a way it has nearly the same plot as Eva (entirely different story though, if that makes sense) but isn't quite as out there when it comes to crazy ish that goes no where. I think it was a better overall show.

Most of NGA is left to interpretation, if you go and talk to different people who have seen it all they will all probably tell you something different as to what a lot of stuff was/meant.

Mr. Hero
04-03-2009, 03:09 AM
And that was what I loved about it when i first saw it, is that there was so much in the storyline yet there was still so much just hinted at that you could take a number of different ways. I thought it was a really rich show that left you with a lot more than was in it, and I never got that heavy into anime, I listed pretty much every show/movie I've watched in its entirety above, didn't even finish cowboy bebop.

Ness
04-03-2009, 03:46 AM
Vegeta is easily the best character the show. He is developed the most throughout and is just such a huge badass. Goku ain't got **** on him. On the movie I know it will be god-awful but it is DBZ so I have no choice but to see it.

I thought Vegeta was the worst. He's even more of an arrogant fool in the manga. Piccolo is the true badass. Vegeta is just an idiot.

Ness
04-03-2009, 03:48 AM
I started watching it way back in 98, when it used to come on early Sunday mornings, way before the move to Toonami. But for whatever reason the episodes used to end during the Frieza saga, when Goku first arrives and kills Rakoom, then it would go all the way back to the episode 1. Whatever, I still watched every episode. Good times.

And:
http://www.gamesgb.com/vb/uploaded/71180_11234362767.jpg

Best DBZ ever.

You must mean back when Funimation pretty much secured it's reputation for "worst adaption for Japanese anime to American audiences."

Ness
04-03-2009, 03:51 AM

San Francisco resident?

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 03:52 AM
San Francisco resident?

No, Im right down the road in Michigan.

Ness
04-03-2009, 03:54 AM
No, Im right down the road in Michigan.

Ahhh okay. Bad guess then.

Ness
04-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Oh and by the way, I'm finally happy that Dragonball KAI is coming out. Should be very interesting.

Gay Ork Wang
04-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Never seen the show lol. I've heard it's good though.
your life was worthless up to this point

Crickett
04-03-2009, 01:46 PM
You must mean back when Funimation pretty much secured it's reputation for "worst adaption for Japanese anime to American audiences."

http://pokewatch.nick15.com/pirn/albumcovers/4kidstvlg.jpg

nrk
04-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Dragonball > Dragonball Z!

nrk
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Ugh, I love this show so much more than Eva. I've seen Eva before it, Ive seen Eva many times (actually I have the remastered DVD's.. well if they ever get returned to me) and I honestly still have no idea wtf happens in a lot of it. They randomly switch between plot ideas, often forgetting and never getting back to many of them. It has two endings, both of which are serious head scratchers. I say this as someone who, overall, really enjoys Evangelion too. Elfen Lied is much better.

I love Elfen Lied's gore for shock value, especially that scene. But there are a lot of gory yet awful shows. Elfen Lied is about way more than a bunch of violence, it lays out an incredible story that really gets to you in only 13 eps.

Elfen Lied is an awesome anime. One of my favorites.

Draft King
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
I thought Vegeta was the worst. He's even more of an arrogant fool in the manga. Piccolo is the true badass. Vegeta is just an idiot.

As cool as Piccolo and the Nameks are he takes it up the ass from Vegeta. The man is the damn prince of saiyans show him some respect. His Final Blast against Cell was legendary, one of the best DBZ moments ever. Check it out on youtube. BTW when Cell. Jr just tosses away Vegeta's Final Blast that's got to be one of the dumbest DBZ moments.

brat316
04-03-2009, 04:01 PM
vDggiKMiUFw

Draft King
04-03-2009, 04:07 PM
vDggiKMiUFw

Legen.... wait for it..... aaadary.

Paul
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Ha, congrats Vegeta you didn't even leave a dent in Cell, but you killed and destroyed everything within a 500 mile radius.

And seriously anyone want to tell 16 to GTFO the way.

BeerBaron
04-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Ha, congrats Vegeta you didn't even leave a dent in Cell, but you killed and destroyed everything within a 500 mile radius.

And seriously anyone want to tell 16 to GTFO the way.

I thought he carved a big ass chunk out of Cell after that? Cell just regrew it....

Paul
04-03-2009, 04:17 PM
I thought he carved a big ass chunk out of Cell after that? Cell just regrew it....

Okay, a small dent.

Draft King
04-03-2009, 04:19 PM

Yeah... he was the first person to do any sort of damage to Perfect Cell. The problem was he and Trunks were much too slow for Cell, they had trained on getting bigger and stronger in the time chamber, not having any idea of how fast Cell was.

Draft King
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
I always wanted to see a Broly/Gogeta fight. The thing with Broly was he supposedly had unlimited power, he just couldn't control it properly. Although the toughest guy he fought was only Ultimate Gohan.

BRAVEHEART
04-03-2009, 04:30 PM
My favorite character.

http://members.fortunecity.com/electo388/dbzwp/Frieza_640x480.jpg

bantx
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
I hated the freeza saga so much, not because it sucked just because it was so long and when it got to the freeza fight it would go all the way back to the beginning! Trunks is the cooliest :D

I remember back in elementary i would just go on at the library looking for dragon ball z pictures and saving it onto my disk.

El Peefs?????
04-03-2009, 05:49 PM
My favorite character.

http://members.fortunecity.com/electo388/dbzwp/Frieza_640x480.jpg

Link is down.

Oh and because of this thread I was watching this on youtube & noticed that Broly also destroys a planet :)

tNPVdjQTj0g

Ness
04-03-2009, 07:13 PM
As cool as Piccolo and the Nameks are he takes it up the ass from Vegeta. The man is the damn prince of saiyans show him some respect. His Final Blast against Cell was legendary, one of the best DBZ moments ever. Check it out on youtube. BTW when Cell. Jr just tosses away Vegeta's Final Blast that's got to be one of the dumbest DBZ moments.

Who cares? Vegeta in the storyline is shown as an arrogant idiot who charges into battle overconfident and usually gets his ass kicked. Examples:

- First fight against Son Goku
- First fight against Zarbon
- Fight against Freeza's final form (he cried like a little ***** here realizing he couldn't win)
- Fight against Android 18
- Fight against Cell's Final Form
- Fight against Super Buu believing that he didn't need to fuse to defeat him

Why does a character like Vegeta deserve any respect? Just because he was a prince of the Saiyan race? That's quite irrelevant anyways since Son Goku, the "cast off" is a stronger fighter and always has been. Vegeta usually gets his ass kicked due to having his arrogance cloud his judgment. He's a strong fighter, just not a smart one. Doesn't really matter what Vegeta did to Cell either with his Final Flash attack, since Cell just brushed it off.

ironman4579
04-03-2009, 09:14 PM
I always wanted to see a Broly/Gogeta fight. The thing with Broly was he supposedly had unlimited power, he just couldn't control it properly. Although the toughest guy he fought was only Ultimate Gohan.

Gogeta would easily destroy him. He took Janemba down easily without even having to power up. I just say that because I love Gogeta however.

nrk
04-04-2009, 02:14 AM
Dragonball Z needed more of
http://neshorsemen.myrmid.com/article/sw2001/yajirobe.jpg

BRAVEHEART
04-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Link is down.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/74/Freeza_Mugshot.jpg/250px-Freeza_Mugshot.jpg

the best villain in the dbz universe.

Addict
04-04-2009, 05:13 AM

I suppose Broly would be strong as hell, he was and is still the ONLY Legendary Super Saiyan in the entire series.

Who cares? Vegeta in the storyline is shown as an arrogant idiot who charges into battle overconfident and usually gets his ass kicked. Examples:

- First fight against Son Goku
- First fight against Zarbon
- Fight against Freeza's final form (he cried like a little ***** here realizing he couldn't win)
- Fight against Android 18
- Fight against Cell's Final Form
- Fight against Super Buu believing that he didn't need to fuse to defeat him

Why does a character like Vegeta deserve any respect? Just because he was a prince of the Saiyan race? That's quite irrelevant anyways since Son Goku, the "cast off" is a stronger fighter and always has been. Vegeta usually gets his ass kicked due to having his arrogance cloud his judgment. He's a strong fighter, just not a smart one. Doesn't really matter what Vegeta did to Cell either with his Final Flash attack, since Cell just brushed it off.

I love Vegeta because of his arrogance. The one thing I always hated about DBZ is that Goku was the hero. It should have been Vegeta, who has a much better character for a series. Really, Goku is too... perfect. Vegeta has his flaws, but he's a very fluid character with a very clear devellopment throughout the series. Goku starts of as a rediculously strong moron with a huge appetite and he still is when the series end (DB original, Z and GT) he doesn't really change one bit. Vegeta is always the same, but different, but the vegeta from GT is still very clearly the same guy as he was in the Saiyan Saga, but he's changed through the years.

That's why I love Vegeta, he's the strongest character.

comahan
04-04-2009, 05:55 AM
I agree that Vegeta outclasses pretty much everyone on the show with it comes to character development and the characters overall story arc in the 8000 episodes of DBZ.

Awesome character imo.

BeerBaron
04-04-2009, 08:31 AM
I agree that Vegeta outclasses pretty much everyone on the show with it comes to character development and the characters overall story arc in the 8000 episodes of DBZ.

Awesome character imo.

Very true....I know he's my favorite. I always like the bad guys gone good in any kind of show or series.

BaLLiN
04-04-2009, 08:56 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/gig123/gotenfusion.jpg

that is right

BaLLiN
04-04-2009, 09:03 AM
oh and favorite episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm2bmJ-Ck-w&feature=related

Paul
04-04-2009, 09:11 AM
oh and favorite episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm2bmJ-Ck-w&feature=related

I always liked the Japanese version of that scene more.

zcVuvCVN4II

Epic.

Ness
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
I suppose Broly would be strong as hell, he was and is still the ONLY Legendary Super Saiyan in the entire series.

I love Vegeta because of his arrogance. The one thing I always hated about DBZ is that Goku was the hero. It should have been Vegeta, who has a much better character for a series. Really, Goku is too... perfect. Vegeta has his flaws, but he's a very fluid character with a very clear devellopment throughout the series. Goku starts of as a rediculously strong moron with a huge appetite and he still is when the series end (DB original, Z and GT) he doesn't really change one bit. Vegeta is always the same, but different, but the vegeta from GT is still very clearly the same guy as he was in the Saiyan Saga, but he's changed through the years.

That's why I love Vegeta, he's the strongest character.

No...the strongest character is Son Goku, and always has been...no matter how much you admire Vegeta. Towards the end of the series, Vegeta even admits that Son Goku is a stronger fighter and that no amount of training will ever be enough to surpass him.

And I don't consider GT canon at all because it doesn't make sense in the slightest in terms of how Dragonball was written and Akira Toriyama wasn't part of the development.

Why would Vegeta have been the hero of the series? That isn't logical at all. He was a villian for quite some time and didn't show any form of self-righteousness until the series was practically over. Honestly, his development is in mirror image of Piccolo Daimao, except that Vegeta was more arrogant to the point of where he didn't think straight and usually paid for it in the form of a severe beatdown and or caused more problems for the other Z Senshi. It just took longer for him to "turn a new leaf". There is a consistent theme of karma usually biting him in the ass, which is probably why he never passes Son Goku in skill.

Ness
04-04-2009, 08:39 PM
I always liked the Japanese version of that scene more.

zcVuvCVN4II

Epic.
The Japanese version of the entire series is drastically overall better. The American dubbed version is complete garbage. Actually, the anime isn't that great at all when compared to the manga. And the movies aren't anything special in my opinion either. I only have one favorite which is "Dead Zone." "The World's Strongest Guy" is decent, as is "Super Deciding Battle for the Entire Planet Earth." Everything afterwards is very average with the same themes coming over and over again with the storylines getting more absurd. If you think about it, most of the films are just a shortcut as to what happened in the storyline of the actual anime/manga.

ironman4579
04-04-2009, 08:45 PM
No...the strongest character is Son Goku, and always has been...no matter how much you admire Vegeta. And I don't consider GT canon at all because it doesn't make sense in the slightest in terms of how Dragonball was written and Akira Toriyama wasn't part of the development.

Why would Vegeta have been the hero of the series? That isn't logical at all. He was a villian for quite some time and didn't show any form of self-righteousness until the series was practically over. Honestly, his development is in mirror image of Piccolo Daimao, except that Vegeta was more arrogant to the point of where he didn't think straight and usually paid for it in the form of a severe beatdown and or caused more problems for the other Z Senshi. It just took longer for him to "turn a new leaf".

I think he meant strongest in terms of character development, not actual power. But I'm actually not sure that I agree with that either. Did Vegeta really change all that much as the series went on? Not really. He was basically arrogant all the way through. The only change was he went from evil to kind of evil, to sort of neutral, to kind of good. His personality really never changed throughout however.

Dr. Gonzo
04-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I think he meant strongest in terms of character development, not actual power. But I'm actually not sure that I agree with that either. Did Vegeta really change all that much as the series went on? Not really. He was basically arrogant all the way through. The only change was he went from evil to kind of evil, to sort of neutral, to kind of good. His personality really never changed throughout however.

I always found Vegeta the most interesting character though. I cared more about what happened to him than pretty much everyone else. He may have been an arrogant prick but I just loved how flawed his character was. He may have taken a long time to change but he did eventually change. Admittedly it has been a really long time since I have watched the series so maybe my view on Vegate is a little skewed because of that but I also always found him to be the strongest character.

ironman4579
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I always found Vegeta the most interesting character though. I cared more about what happened to him than pretty much everyone else. He may have been an arrogant prick but I just loved how flawed his character was. He may have taken a long time to change but he did eventually change. Admittedly it has been a really long time since I have watched the series so maybe my view on Vegate is a little skewed because of that but I also always found him to be the strongest character.

I think you could say he's the most interesting character, but I really don't think his character is all that strong. As Ness pointed out, he's basically Piccolo (who probably had more character development and was likely a stronger character now that I think about it), but more powerful to face the increasingly powerful villians the show had to come up with once Super Saiyan was reached.

Ness
04-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Everyone always falls in love with the anti-hero. The Solid Snakes, the Batmans, the Wolverines. Which is fine, and I'll admit that Vegeta brings a element to the storyline that doesn't make it completely boring since by this time Piccolo Daimao calms down a little bit and is pretty much a good guy. But unlike Piccolo and the other examples of anti-heroes above, I just don't find Vegeta a very intelligent fighter, and his obsession to surpass Son Goku gets very annoying and repetitive to the point that whenever I read what Vegeta was saying it was always about surpassing Son Goku. It just becomes obnoxious to me.

BRAVEHEART
04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Everyone always falls in love with the anti-hero. The Solid Snakes, the Batmans, the Wolverines. Which is fine, and I'll admit that Vegeta brings a element to the storyline that doesn't make it completely boring since by this time Piccolo Daimao calms down a little bit and is pretty much a good guy. But unlike Piccolo and the other examples of anti-heroes above, I just don't find Vegeta a very intelligent fighter, and his obsession to surpass Son Goku gets very annoying and repetitive to the point that whenever I read what Vegeta was saying it was always about surpassing Son Goku. It just becomes obnoxious to me.

that is the truth.

Xonraider
04-04-2009, 10:30 PM
I like the latin america spanish version more than any other... more than the Spain and English ones

Crickett
04-05-2009, 02:55 AM
arye2-pXsBE

I just watched this on cartoon network about 70 seconds ago, and thought I'd post it.

The Major ftw.

El Peefs?????
04-05-2009, 03:01 AM
arye2-pXsBE

I just watched this on cartoon network about 70 seconds ago, and thought I'd post it.

The Major ftw.

Ive had GiTS 2nd gig sitting on my hard drive forever, in sexy 720p too, but still havent gotten around to watching it.

Mr. Hero
04-05-2009, 03:33 AM
Was the second movie any good? I have the first one, one of the only movies I've downloaded instead of just streaming it, love it. But haven't found a good stream for the second one, and I sort of expect it to suck, sequels and all.

El Peefs?????
04-05-2009, 03:52 AM
Boooo I refuse to stream, love me watching in some HQ. I have the 1st one on DVD actually, never seen the second.

JLaw45
04-05-2009, 04:45 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7286/futuregohan.png
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4825/imagen20.jpg

Future Gohan(from Trunks' timeline) was by far my favorite DBZ character. His story was tragic but he was a badass. Definitely way cooler than the regular Gohan. He doesn't get enough credit for being awesome and the manga screwed him over.

Ness
04-05-2009, 05:02 AM
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7286/futuregohan.png
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4825/imagen20.jpg

Future Gohan(from Trunks' timeline) was by far my favorite DBZ character. His story was tragic but he was a badass. Definitely way cooler than the regular Gohan. He doesn't get enough credit for being awesome and the manga screwed him over.
Don't see how the manga screwed him over. He was a character in a very short story. Only a chapter if I'm not mistaken. He dies the same way as he did in the anime special if I remember correctly.

ironman4579
04-05-2009, 08:31 AM
arye2-pXsBE

The Major ftw.

Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll were probably the first two anime movies I ever saw, and remain two of my favorites to this day.

Grizzlegom
04-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Dragonball Z was amazing. Piccolo was my favorite by far.

The only thing i hated about DBZ was how, after the freeza saga, all the non-saiyan Z Warriors become pretty much obsolete. I mean Krillin and Tien would always have cameos and do a little bit here and there but the villains were all too strong for the weaker characters to even get a chance. Tien and Yamcha were so badass in Dragonball and they virtually got written out of DBZ

Tien's only Badass moment in DBZ:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOslqlk-SOo

ironman4579
04-05-2009, 09:40 AM

The only thing i hated about DBZ was how, after the freeza saga, all the non-saiyan Z Warriors become pretty much obsolete. I mean Krillin and Tien would always have cameos and do a little bit here and there but the villains were all too strong for the weaker characters to even get a chance. Tien and Yamcha were so badass in Dragonball and they virtually got written out of DBZ

Yea, that's really one of the main reasons the show got so repetitive towards the end IMO. Once you go Super Saiyan, you've basically ensured that everyone but saiyans is useless.

ironman4579
04-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Ghost in the Shell and Ninja Scroll were probably the first two anime movies I ever saw, and remain two of my favorites to this day.

Hate to quote my own post but I forgot to throw Vampire Hunter D in there as well. Three great old school anime's IMO.

http://thequarterbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/vampire_hunter_d_fanart.jpg
http://www.domocart.com/domo-store/images/product_photos/Ninja_Scroll_DVD.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/2963/sac2ndgigpc0.jpg

I know the one of the major is from SAC, not the movie, but I liked Stand Alone Complex as well.

Ness
04-05-2009, 11:30 AM

Yes I was quite tired of the Super Saiyans. Which is why after the Cell Saga, my interest level isn't that high. All of the diverse characters: Piccolo Daimao, Kuririn, Yamcha, and Tenshinhan seem either retired from battle or are nowhere to be found. I'm happy Akira Toriyama decided to stop the series after this.

Ness
04-05-2009, 11:33 AM
That reminds me, Dragoball KAI premiered today in Japan...on Akira Toryiyama's birthday. I wonder if it was any good. Here is the new opening sequence. I still like the original theme "Head Cha La" a lot better.

lAxFHKvzEQo

Paul
04-05-2009, 11:36 AM
If were going to all pimp our favorite animes.

http://www.mrkwang.com/catalog/OST-SamuraiChamploo.jpg

CashmoneyDrew
04-05-2009, 12:27 PM
What is this Dragonball Kai Ness? It looks like they just updated the art and re-made DragonBall Z.

Ness
04-05-2009, 12:50 PM
What is this Dragonball Kai Ness? It looks like they just updated the art and re-made DragonBall Z.

Basically they just cleaned up the original show by doing some cropping, showing it in HD, and most importantly taking out ALL of the filler, reducing the episode count from the 291 total to apparently a little over 100 (although I find a little over 100 just a little too short). The original Japanese cast is going to re-record the dialogue, except for the original voices of Tenshinhan and Kame-senin, who passed away. I think there may be some new songs (the opening is new) and apparently some newly painted backgrounds.

Basically it is what Dragonball the anime should have been twenty years ago. And it is what American audiences should have been introduced to back when it first came to the states.

And for anyone that has a clue, this is NOT the same thing that Funimation has done with the remastered DBZ sets. This is being done completely by Toei Animation.

nrk
04-05-2009, 12:54 PM

Yeah, Ghost in the Shell is my favorite anime. Closely followed by
http://th06.deviantart.com/fs20/300W/i/2007/299/0/e/SAMURAI_CHAMPLOO_for_kawaiiS_by_one_of_the_Clayr.j pg

Grizzlegom
04-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Basically they just cleaned up the original show by doing some cropping, showing it in HD, and most importantly taking out ALL of the filler, reducing the episode count from the 291 total to apparently a little over 100 (although I find a little over 100 just a little too short). The original Japanese cast is going to re-record the dialogue, except for the original voices of Tenshinhan and Kame-senin, who passed away. I think there may be some new songs (the opening is new) and apparently some newly painted backgrounds.

Basically it is what Dragonball the anime should have been twenty years ago. And it is what American audiences should have been introduced to back when it first came to the states.

And for anyone that has a clue, this is NOT the same thing that Funimation has done with the remastered DBZ sets. This is being done completely by Toei Animation.

Is this japanese only or are the american voice actors going to re-dub it again? it looks pretty sweet and getting rid of filler is always a good thing.

While on the subject of DBZ, has anyone else heard anything about the MMO they are supposed to be making, Dragonball Online. Beta testing is supposed to start soon but if you like the series it might be something fun to check out if it ever comes to the states (prolly not til 2010 Q2 at the earliest i'd guess)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Online

Ness
04-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Is this japanese only or are the american voice actors going to re-dub it again? it looks pretty sweet and getting rid of filler is always a good thing.

There aren't any plans for Funimation to pick it up as far as I know, but it would be very wise for them if they did. Dragonball is basically their cash cow. Though I could see them not doing it because they just released the "remastered DBZ" sets...which have everything that the original anime had (including the Japanese music), it's just that the dialouge is in English and they did a little cropping on the top and bottom.

All in all, I'd still take the manga over Dragonball KAI. Since it's the most pure form of the story, and I just like manga better than anime.

BRAVEHEART
04-05-2009, 02:36 PM
There aren't any plans for Funimation to pick it up as far as I know, but it would be very wise for them if they did. Dragonball is basically their cash cow. Though I could see them not doing it because they just released the "remastered DBZ" sets...which have everything that the original anime had (including the Japanese music), it's just that the dialouge is in English and they did a little cropping on the top and bottom.

All in all, I'd still take the manga over Dragonball KAI. Since it's the most pure form of the story, and I just like manga better than anime.

More true words.

ironman4579
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM

http://www.toysnjoys.com/wallscrolls/ge9617.jpg

Well, I was just going with my favorite movies. If I was going with my favorite series, I'd probably say Cowboy Bebop, which is unbelievable.

BRAVEHEART
04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
New Dragon Ball Kai ep.1

I accept Rep. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-BoYE9_Ua8&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-fAiLXnd7Q&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srmJJlzYIQA&fmt=22

Ness
04-05-2009, 10:15 PM
New Dragon Ball Kai ep.1

I accept Rep. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-BoYE9_Ua8&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-fAiLXnd7Q&fmt=22
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srmJJlzYIQA&fmt=22

Ha, didn't think it would be up this fast. Thanks. Now I don't have to torrent.

brat316
04-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Ha, didn't think it would be up this fast. Thanks. Now I don't have to torrent.

its not even dubbed

edit: i meant subbed

BRAVEHEART
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
its not even dubbed

Saawwry. :(

Should'nt really matter though, It's not like it's new material.

Ness
04-05-2009, 11:47 PM
its not even dubbed

And why in the world would it be dubbed? It's being redone by the original producer of the show, Toei Animation. It's not being redistributed by Funimation for American audiences. At least not yet. It's the first day it's even premiered.

I'm sure someone will fan sub-it at least, which in my opinion is better than American dubbing. I know some people don't like subtitles, and I guess that is fine. I usually can't stand American dubbing though. It's very rare I see a good job done.

JLaw45
04-06-2009, 05:46 AM
Don't see how the manga screwed him over. He was a character in a very short story. Only a chapter if I'm not mistaken. He dies the same way as he did in the anime special if I remember correctly.

In the anime, he put up a good fight in his last stand with the Androids and it is generally implied that had he not had one arm and/or perhaps faced the androids one on one, he might've won the fight. In the Manga, he puts up a fight for a little while and then the androids say they were only using half of their power. He shows a surprised face and then it cuts to trunks finding him dead.

I like that in the anime he put up a good fight-it makes sense for the son of Goku to die with some dignity.

JLaw45
04-06-2009, 02:38 PM

http://www.mrkwang.com/catalog/OST-SamuraiChamploo.jpg

Samura Champloo has the best soundtrack I've heard in just about any anime/tv show/movie PERIOD.

JRTPlaya21
04-06-2009, 02:56 PM
samurai champloo's music is too sick. and def plus rep braveheart ;)

brat316
04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
New Fullmetal Alchemist:Brotherhood is out. AWESOME
Its a remake but this time they follow the magna fully

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-english-dubbed-online-free

brat316
04-06-2009, 11:29 PM
And why in the world would it be dubbed? It's being redone by the original producer of the show, Toei Animation. It's not being redistributed by Funimation for American audiences. At least not yet. It's the first day it's even premiered.

I'm sure someone will fan sub-it at least, which in my opinion is better than American dubbing. I know some people don't like subtitles, and I guess that is fine. I usually can't stand American dubbing though. It's very rare I see a good job done.

yea i meant sub

Bleach on cartoon network is horrible, the voices suck so much, and they took out the minor cursing

brat316
04-06-2009, 11:54 PM
The voices for Kai are horrible, they sound like the just downed a tank of helium. The english voices were much better.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
The voices for Kai are horrible, they sound like the just downed a tank of helium. The english voices were much better.

They are (for the most part) the same as the original.

brat316
04-07-2009, 12:18 AM
They are (for the most part) the same as the original.

Well this is my first time watching it in Japanese, with English sub. Usually I don't like the English dubbed version, but this is the first time I think the English voices are better. Everyone sounds so childish in the Jap version.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Well this is my first time watching it in Japanese, with English sub. Usually I don't like the English dubbed version, but this is the first time I think the English voices are better. Everyone sounds so childish in the Jap version.

I never liked Funi's dub, but I did enjoy the ocean dub. Hearing the jap stuff doesn't really bother me, I figure this how legit it'll be...straight from the source.

Crickett
04-07-2009, 12:26 AM

Hopefully the show won't be so short.

O-eD8fyAY0Y

brat316
04-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I never liked Funi's dub, but I did enjoy the ocean dub. Hearing the jap stuff doesn't really bother me, I figure this how legit it'll be...straight from the source.

I was looking back and saw video comparing the 99 and 07 dubbings. 99 was so much better for all the characters, except Vageta.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 12:59 AM
I was looking back and saw video comparing the 99 and 07 dubbings. 99 was so much better for all the characters, except Vageta.

Most people didn't like the that vegeta dub compared the current one because they are used to hearing the Funi version. I fisrt started watching DBZ with the ocean dub so I have my own bias.

Crickett
04-07-2009, 01:05 AM

http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-english-dubbed-online-free

They need to bring Ready Steady Go or Rewrite back as the opening theme. And they need to do it now. And while they're at it, apologize for making that the Full metal alchemist theme.

L'arc en ciel ftw!!!

brat316
04-07-2009, 01:11 AM
They need to bring Ready Steady Go or Rewrite back as the opening theme. And they need to do it now. And while they're at it, apologize for making that the Full metal alchemist theme.

L'arc en ciel ftw!!!

the new opening is very hom0

I never really watch the openings unless they are really good, Bleach has a bunch of nices ones and a bunch of ****** ones.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 01:37 AM
This is a DB thread, get that other ish outta here.

El Peefs?????
04-07-2009, 01:42 AM
This is a DB thread, get that other ish outta here.

Psh this is an anime thread now. DBZ and all of the, many, better series shall be discussed here. Deal with it homes.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Psh this is an anime thread now. DBZ and all of the, many, better series shall be discussed here. Deal with it homes.

This thread was originally over 9000...now it's like 200. :(

islandboy843
04-07-2009, 01:46 AM
Krillin level thread.

El Peefs?????
04-07-2009, 01:48 AM
This thread was originally over 9000...now it's like 200. :(

Like 200 thousand you mean.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Like 200 thousand you mean.

no....just 200. If it was any higher than 9000 my scouter would've broke.

El Peefs?????
04-07-2009, 02:00 AM
no....just 200. If it was any higher than 9000 my scouter would've broke.

Well then you have a faulty scanner. Obviously this thread gained a great deal by discussion of quality anime. As entertaining and enjoyable as DBZ was a decade ago as kids, it is no where near the top of the food chain when it comes to quality Japanese programming.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 02:01 AM
Quality anime...like what?

Crickett
04-07-2009, 03:04 AM
Quality anime...like what?

Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?
Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex
Various Miyazaki films
Trigun
Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Hellsing
The first few dozen episodes of Death Note
Lupin the third
Read or Die: The TV series
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Paprika
Irresponsible Captain Tyler
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Cromartie High School

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Full Metal Alchemist
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?
Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex
Various Miyazaki films
Trigun
Gurren Lagann
Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
Hellsing
The first few dozen episodes of Death Note
Lupin the third
Read or Die: The TV series
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Paprika
Irresponsible Captain Tyler
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Cromartie High School

I love the ones bolded, but the rest are just bleh. Gits is alright (but none of it is as good as the first movie).

btw....

Maynga>>>Animay

Crickett
04-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I love the ones bolded, but the rest are just bleh.

No, the rest are awesome. Thats why I listed them.

brat316
04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Magnas are always better than the animes, but who likes reading in black and white. I want to see animation, thats why I was never a comic book fan.

Addict
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Magnas are always better than the animes, but who likes reading in black and white. I want to see animation, thats why I was never a comic book fan.

same here. I like it when the stuff I watch moves.

Ness
04-08-2009, 12:14 AM

You must be joking.

Ness
04-08-2009, 12:21 AM

Ahh no wonder. It seems like you may be a little bias then. I remember the Ocean Dub, and Funimation dub. During the time the Funimation dub was first airing (or maybe a little before) I used to watch Dragonball on an international channel. I also a bit of Japanese so it makes it easier for me to compare. And in my opinion the Japanese just owns, as usual.

BRAVEHEART
04-08-2009, 05:23 AM
I'm starting to read DB manga, it's great...and I still don't know how (rational) people can say DBZ>DB....It just does'nt make sense.

Grizzlegom
04-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm starting to read DB manga, it's great...and I still don't know how (rational) people can say DBZ>DB....It just does'nt make sense.

i love both DB and DBZ but i think most fans agree that the saiyan saga/frieza saga are the elite sagas of the entire series. if DBZ ended there (as it was supposed to), i don't think there is an argument over which is better but if you look at both as a whole, i definitely think DB is better. There is so much character development and the World Martial Arts Tournaments are just bad-ass, the first one was awesome with Nam being introduced plus Yamcha busting out and then Kid Goku almost beating Chun. The second one was even better with the introduction of Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu and then the culmination of DB with Kami and Piccolo entering the fray...

Addict
04-08-2009, 12:04 PM
i love both DB and DBZ but i think most fans agree that the saiyan saga/frieza saga are the elite sagas of the entire series. if DBZ ended there (as it was supposed to), i don't think there is an argument over which is better but if you look at both as a whole, i definitely think DB is better. There is so much character development and the World Martial Arts Tournaments are just bad-ass, the first one was awesome with Nam being introduced plus Yamcha busting out and then Kid Goku almost beating Chun. The second one was even better with the introduction of Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu and then the culmination of DB with Kami and Piccolo entering the fray...

yeah. But no Vegeta.

Also: DBZ was solid, but I really liked the Majin Buu, Android and Cell sagas. Yeah they weren't AS GOOD as Saiyan and Frieza, but pretty good and a good watch.

Ness
04-08-2009, 10:35 PM
You think anyone knows that the entire manga (all 42 volumes from Goku first meeting Bulma up until Goku flies off with Uub) is really called just Dragonball and that Dragonball Z was just something made for television?

Oh and the manga dominates the animated series from start to finish. Even Dragonball KAI, which was supposed to be a lot closer to the manga by taking out the filler, disappointed me a little bit. They still had some filler in it. At least in the first episode that is.

El Peefs?????
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
You would think by now people would realize that when a movie or show is made from a book/comic(manga) that it will never, ever, completely follow the written story. For better or worse. Yet you will never see people stop complaining how so and so doesnt follow its original literature word for word.

Crickett
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
You would think by now people would realize that when a movie or show is made from a book/comic(manga) that it will never, ever, completely follow the written story. For better or worse. Yet you will never see people stop complaining how so and so doesnt follow its original literature word for word.

1. Did you see Watchmen?

2. Then why bother to make the movie in the first place? It's not the cool name that makes something like Neon Genesis Evangelion popular. Its the story. If you're going to replace the story completely different, why bother?

Case in point

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

vs.

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

comahan
04-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Uhg, I disliked watchmen because it was TOO annoyingly line for line with the novel, at least the first half. Its like, why watch it if youve already read it and it just repeats every single line (but in... motion!)? Not my thing at all. No thanks.

Id rather watch something like Harry Potter and discuss and whine about the differences from the books than have nothing to talk about afterward besides "yea, he played the part well, i suppose."

El Peefs?????
04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Then why bother to make the movie in the first place? It's not the cool name that makes something like Neon Genesis Evangelion popular. Its the story. If you're going to replace the story completely different, why bother?

So you see no possible middle ground between not paying any attention to the original story what so ever and not following it event for event? Or are you just trying to be dramatic.

Dr. Gonzo
04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Uhg, I disliked watchmen because it was TOO annoyingly line for line with the novel, at least the first half. Its like, why watch it if youve already read it and it just repeats every single line (but in... motion!)? Not my thing at all. No thanks.

Id rather watch something like Harry Potter and discuss and whine about the differences from the books than have nothing to talk about afterward besides "yea, he played the part well, i suppose."

To each his own. More times then not while watching the Harry Potter movies I wanted to gauge my eyes out and then burn off my ears. Even the new supposedly better ones didn't really do it for me.

El Peefs?????
04-08-2009, 11:11 PM
To each his own. More times then not while watching the Harry Potter movies I wanted to gauge my eyes out and then burn off my ears. Even the new supposedly better ones didn't really do it for me.

Same here! And I've never even opened one of the books~

BRAVEHEART
04-08-2009, 11:13 PM
You think anyone knows that the entire manga (all 42 volumes from Goku first meeting Bulma up until Goku flies off with Uub) is really called just Dragonball and that Dragonball Z was just something made for television?
Oh and the manga dominates the animated series from start to finish. Even Dragonball KAI, which was supposed to be a lot closer to the manga by taking out the filler, disappointed me a little bit. They still had some filler in it. At least in the first episode that is.

Actually I didn't know that myself, I just knew that the story got boring and repetitive after the freeza saga ended.

comahan
04-08-2009, 11:17 PM

Uhg, i never said i liked them. I just said Id rather watch something like that than watch something that takes every single line from the source material.

Dr. Gonzo
04-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Uhg, i never said i liked them. I just said Id rather watch something like that than watch something that takes every single line from the source material.

But do you not agree that if Watchmen had strayed too far from the source material it would have been pretty ******* bad?

I was a big fan of Watchmen even though it was a very literal translation. While it doesn't work for every adaptation I think sticking so close to the source material greatly benefited Watchmen. Apparently it didn't help endear the movie to the general public though.

Mr. Hero
04-08-2009, 11:32 PM
the watchmen was great because it stuck so closely to the source material. They weren't going to improve the story and at best they could only reproduce the story with cool visuals, so that's what they did and I loved it.

comahan
04-09-2009, 12:14 AM
But do you not agree that if Watchmen had strayed too far from the source material it would have been pretty ******* bad?

I was a big fan of Watchmen even though it was a very literal translation. While it doesn't work for every adaptation I think sticking so close to the source material greatly benefited Watchmen. Apparently it didn't help endear the movie to the general public though.

Youre assuming that it wasnt "pretty ******* bad" to begin with

BeerBaron
04-09-2009, 12:20 AM

So sadly true...I thoroughly enjoyed it but I've heard so many "casual" movie watchers ***** up a storm......

Dr. Gonzo
04-09-2009, 12:22 AM
Youre assuming that it wasnt "pretty ******* bad" to begin with

I personally loved the film so I don't assume it was pretty ******* bad to begin with but I did not feel that way about the movie. If you thought it was **** fine, I am just saying it would have been pretty horrible if it hadn't have stuck to the source material because it would have not been good in the eyes of people like you or in the eyes of people like me.

Crickett
04-09-2009, 12:31 AM
So you see no possible middle ground between not paying any attention to the original story what so ever and not following it event for event? Or are you just trying to be dramatic.

Oh no, I definitely do. Just look at the first two X-Men movies as an example of how you don't need to follow comics line by line and still have an entertaining movie that still stays true to the spirit of the actual story.

But at the same time, I think Watchmen showed that staying event for event can be done.

ironman4579
04-09-2009, 06:04 AM
So sadly true...I thoroughly enjoyed it but I've heard so many "casual" movie watchers ***** up a storm......

Unfortunately, the biggest complaint I've heard from people that didn't like it was the blue *****. I loved the movie, but seriously, anyone I know that doesn't like it, that's always the one damn reason.

"So did you like the storyline?"
"Yea, it was good."

"Did you like the visuals?"
Yea, they were awesome."

"So you didn't like the acting then."
"No, it was good."

"So what didn't you like then?"
"Too much blue dick!!"

Could people pick a stupider thing to focus on as a reason not to like a movie?

Ness
04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Actually I didn't know that myself, I just knew that the story got boring and repetitive after the freeza saga ended.

It does, but reading the manga will remedy so many annoyances if you were to proceed after the Freeza saga that way, instead of watching the cartoon with filler after filler.

I have all volumes from 26 up to 42. Or rather, "Dragonball Z" to make it simple. And after a long while, I find myself dusting off the manga books and rereading them again. And it is still interesting even to this day. Dragonball is also my all time favorite manga, so that might help too.

BRAVEHEART
04-09-2009, 02:42 PM
It does, but reading the manga will remedy so many annoyances if you were to proceed after the Freeza saga that way, instead of watching the cartoon with filler after filler.

I have all volumes from 26 up to 42. Or rather, "Dragonball Z" to make it simple. And after a long while, I find myself dusting off the manga books and rereading them again. And it is still interesting even to this day. Dragonball is also my all time favorite manga, so that might help too.

It's a whole lot better than the show so far, one of the only mangas that can make me laugh (jap humor is sorta awkward sometimes).

BRAVEHEART
04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
I come bringing gifts, DBKai ep.2. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBJlZwKYoGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOnIh4O9MQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7697mDA-TY

Ness
04-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I come bringing gifts, DBKai ep.2. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBJlZwKYoGQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDOnIh4O9MQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7697mDA-TY

Excellent. I'll have to watch it later though. Thanks.

That reminds me, although this is a great series, there are so many plot holes it's sad.

BigJohn98
04-13-2009, 09:40 PM
Anyone played DBZ Burst Limit for 360? Any good? I love the demo.

Ness
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Just downloaded the entire 3 CD box set of Shunsuke Kikuchi's original BGM score for Dragonball Z, which includes the film scores as well. So awesome. A lot better than Bruce Faulconer's score for the English dub. I wish they reused Shunsuke's score for Dragonball KAI instead of the new BGM they have. Oh well.

BRAVEHEART
04-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Just downloaded the entire 3 CD box set of Shunsuke Kikuchi's original BGM score for Dragonball Z, which includes the film scores as well. So awesome. A lot better than Bruce Faulconer's score for the English dub. I wish they reused Shunsuke's score for Dragonball KAI instead of the new BGM they have. Oh well.

That reminds me....

7FdYsrA_DwU

5:47 is probably my favorite of all time.

Ness
04-16-2009, 09:55 PM
That reminds me....

7FdYsrA_DwU

5:47 is probably my favorite of all time.

Hahaha, yeah I've had that video favorited on my YouTube account for a while.

Oh my goodness that part at 5:47 is my favorite track as well and always has been out of all of Kikuchi's work for Dragonball. Well...except for one track maybe. For some reason I really like the opening prolouge for each episode of Dragonball. Basically at the beginning of each episode there is the "what happened last time on Dragonball" sequence that usually lasts a minute. Just like in the English version. But the original Japanese score for this is pure gold.

Kikuchi's score for this film really helps black out the major plot holes of the movie.

That reminds me, I was just thinking today of all the terrible English substitute names they used for the techniques. Like "Tri Beam", "Special Beam Cannon", "Solar Flare" or "Destructio Disk". So sad.

bearfan
04-16-2009, 10:08 PM
I watched the Dragonball movie yesterday, and I didnt think it was terrible. I read nothing but bad reviews, so I didnt expect much, but it was not that bad to me. Of course it wasnt as sweet as the tv show, and I didnt start with dragonball z until around the freiza saga, so how close it followed...idk.

BRAVEHEART
04-16-2009, 11:50 PM
Piccolo used to be so cool, It's terrible how all of OG characters were made useless by the second half of DBZ.

brat316
04-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Piccolo used to be so cool, It's terrible how all of OG characters were made useless by the second half of DBZ.

Its all about the Sayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.

Crickett
04-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Its all about the Sayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.

"Look Vegeta, its a pokemon."

"I'm not a pokemon, I'm Choutsu, Choutsu!!!"

"Look Vegeta, its a Choutsu".

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Its all about the Gayians, not no Namics, and humans and midget clowns.

fixed :10 chars:

El Peefs?????
04-17-2009, 01:02 AM
fixed :10 chars:

The DB enemies were lame as ****. No idea why youre so enamored with scrubs like Choutsu, Yamcha, Tien etc etc. Those guys were weak & boring.

Though I guess I also find you rather lame & boring, so it fits !

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 01:24 AM
The DB enemies were lame as ****. No idea why youre so enamored with scrubs like Choutsu, Yamcha, Tien etc etc. Those guys were weak & boring.

Maybe weak...but they sure were'nt boring. They were original and different from each other.

Ness
04-17-2009, 01:59 AM

Stronger doesn't equal better character depth. Not at all.

And what do the enemies in Dragonball (I'm assuming you mean before Raditz's arrival) have to do with characters like Tenshinhan, Yamcha, or Chaoz?

Ness
04-17-2009, 02:02 AM
Maybe weak...but they sure were'nt boring. They were original and different from each other.

Word. Tenshinhan by far had the most interesting techniques.

http://www.zenkaip.bravehost.com/v/design/kikoho.jpg

http://zenkaip.bravehost.com/v/pics/taiyoken.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/a/ac/Multi_form.jpg

By the time there were three known Super Saiyans, things were definitely getting repetitive. By the end of the series you have five in the same current story. Good thing Akira stopped. Although he admitted by the time Buu rolled around he was getting tired.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 02:30 AM
Word. Tenshinhan by far had the most interesting techniques.

http://www.zenkaip.bravehost.com/v/design/kikoho.jpg

http://zenkaip.bravehost.com/v/pics/taiyoken.jpg

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/a/ac/Multi_form.jpg

By the time there were three known Super Saiyans, things were definitely getting repetitive. By the end of the series you have five in the same current story. Good thing Akira stopped. Although he admitted by the time Buu rolled around he was getting tired.

It sure took away from the cool factor, especially when children achieved such status. All the saiyans had similar attacks as well (some random blast), nothing original. Early on a special move meant something (had a backstory on why/how they use it) and was different and unique.

Ness
04-17-2009, 03:28 AM
It sure took away from the cool factor, especially when children achieved such status. All the saiyans had similar attacks as well (some random blast), nothing original. Early on a special move meant something (had a backstory on why/how they use it) and was different and unique.

If it wasn't for Akira Toriyama's art I would have probably stopped reading a long time ago.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 03:57 AM
If it wasn't for Akira Toriyama's art I would have probably stopped reading a long time ago.

I actually was never a big fan of his artwork (well in elementary I was because it was easy to draw). When I look at it in a more (DB) humorous light, then I respect it. I've never liked the artwork for Chrono Trigger, DBZ, and his other works, but I give him props on being different than 90% of the other manga artists out there (his style really stands out).

Ness
04-17-2009, 04:49 AM
I actually was never a big fan of his artwork (well in elementary I was because it was easy to draw). When I look at it in a more (DB) humorous light, then I respect it. I've never liked the artwork for Chrono Trigger, DBZ, and his other works, but I give him props on being different than 90% of the other manga artists out there (his style really stands out).

Well his style changes A LOT throughout the series. It's even different now with his current Blue Dragon franchise. I really can't stand his early work with Dragonball...pretty much up until Raditz arrives and his style starts to become a lot more jagged I start appreciating it a lot more. By the end of the series it is totally more jagged by far and I think Akira is at his best here. And like you said his style is VERY distinct and is probably the most easily recognizable.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Well his style changes A LOT throughout the series. It's even different now with his current Blue Dragon franchise. I really can't stand his early work with Dragonball...pretty much up until Raditz arrives and his style starts to become a lot more jagged I start appreciating it a lot more. By the end of the series it is totally more jagged by far and I think Akira is at his best here. And like you said his style is VERY distinct and is probably the most easily recognizable.

For me it's the opposite...:D

El Peefs?????
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
Awww Im sorry Braveheart, i was being a jerk last night.

Youre not lame & boring.

Well, maybe just one ;)

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Awww Im sorry Braveheart, i was being a jerk last night.

Youre not lame & boring.

Well, maybe just one ;)

......you talking about me?

BRAVEHEART
04-20-2009, 11:37 PM
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9726/1240077138544.jpg

lol

Draft King
04-20-2009, 11:48 PM
omg nappa and hercule

Crickett
05-28-2009, 01:37 AM
Are you all right?

Yeah, I'm fan-bleep-tastic. There's gumdrops and ice cream in here.

Ooh really? Can I come in too?

I'm surrounded by idiots.

I thought you were surrounded by gumdrops and ice cream.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

instant classic.

Ness
05-28-2009, 09:42 PM
If NFL Superstars were Dragonball characters. For fun. My choices:

Son Goku = Peyton Manning

Son Gohan = Eli Manning

Vegeta = Randy Moss

Trunks = Adrian Peterson

Piccolo = Isaac Bruce

Tenshinhan = Antonio Pierce

Kuririn = Wes Welker

Yamcha = Javon Walker

Paul
05-28-2009, 09:47 PM
Mfc0sQipOjk

Awesome.

BRAVEHEART
05-28-2009, 09:53 PM
If NFL Superstars were Dragonball characters. For fun. My choices:

Son Goku = Peyton Manning

Son Gohan = Eli Manning

Vegeta = Randy Moss

Trunks = Adrian Peterson

Piccolo = Isaac Bruce

Tenshinhan = Antonio Pierce

Kuririn = Wes Welker

Yamcha = Javon Walker

I don't get the Trunks/AD and Gohan/Eli comparisons. Gohan is knwon as one of the more intelligent characters in the show, eli....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BX2aSG8RqEU/SOcBttyBuGI/AAAAAAAABag/bd7QFX-u8H4/s400/Eli+Manning+Shitfaced.png

Chad Ocho Cinco=Ginyu (the whole team really)
Shaun Rogers=Fat Buu
Kyle Vanden Bosch=Nappa

Ness
05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I don't get the Trunks/AD and Gohan/Eli comparisons. Gohan is knwon as one of the more intelligent characters in the show, eli....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BX2aSG8RqEU/SOcBttyBuGI/AAAAAAAABag/bd7QFX-u8H4/s400/Eli+Manning+Shitfaced.png

Chad Ocho Cinco=Ginyu (the whole team really)
Shaun Rogers=Fat Buu
Kyle Vanden Bosch=Nappa

Well just because Son Goku and Son Gohan are related you know. Thought I would throw that in there. But then I guess that means Peterson is Moss' son? LOL.

In any case, Chad Ochocinco as Ginyu is brilliant. Both can seem like total clowns.

Shaun Rogers as Fat Buu is hilarious.

I think I would put John Madden as Kame-Senin. Both are quite quirky.

BRAVEHEART
05-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Well just because Son Goku and Son Gohan are related you know. Thought I would throw that in there. But then I guess that means Peterson is Moss' son? LOL.

In any case, Chad Ochocinco as Ginyu is brilliant. Both can seem like total clowns.

Shaun Rogers as Fat Buu is hilarious.

I think I would put John Madden as Kame-Senin. Both are quite quirky.

Vegeta=MJD (short, they think they're the best)

AD=Goku (Not the smartest guy's, but have alot of heart and train hard)

Cell=Calvin Johnson (perfect beings, no real flaws).

Ness
05-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Vegeta=MJD (short, they think they're the best)

AD=Goku (Not the smartest guy's, but have alot of heart and train hard)

Cell=Calvin Johnson (perfect beings, no real flaws).

who is AD? Sorry I don't do the player initial thing.

BRAVEHEART
05-29-2009, 03:40 AM
who is AD? Sorry I don't do the player initial thing.

Adrian "All Day" Peterson

Ness
05-29-2009, 04:16 AM
Adrian "All Day" Peterson

Oh yeah. They do call him that.