PDA

View Full Version : Another idiot WR in trouble with the law

Halsey
04-06-2009, 07:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4047846

Why are there so many idiots playing WR in the NFL? Guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson are model citizens while so many other WR's are morons. If I was running an NFL team I would really be careful with guys like Percy Harvin and Kenny Britt who have raised questions about their character at one point or another.

iHustle
04-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Good chance he won't be signed now...

abaddon41_80
04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Those Jaguars sure do know how to pick them, huh?

Thumper
04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Fitz is not a model citizen. He beat his girlfriend and now there is a restraining order.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/31/larry-fitzgeralds-ladyfriend-is-accusing-him-of-being-a-rather/

Halsey
04-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Fitz is not a model citizen. He beat his girlfriend and now there is a restraining order.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/31/larry-fitzgeralds-ladyfriend-is-accusing-him-of-being-a-rather/

Ah, geez, I hope that's not true. He seems like a nice enough guy.

Next Calvin Johnson will get caught smoking weed with Torry Holt and Hines Ward!

PoopSandwich
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM

Next Calvin Johnson will get caught smoking weed with Torry Holt and Hines Ward!

I'm not condoning anything but how happy would you be if you got punched in the face...

lod01
04-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Reggie, while dancing in front of the cops, mumbled 'Don't taze me, bro'. The dancing, a repulsive demonstration reminiscent of Elaine Bennis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xi4O1yi6b0), caused the officers, to unleash a flurry of taze on the unsuspecting Williams.

PalmerToCJ
04-06-2009, 08:09 PM
The Jaguars make us look like a church league team.

holt_bruce81
04-06-2009, 08:12 PM

Eh, I don't believe that at all.

Anyways to the Reggie news, he's an idiot. Not sure how people can be so dumb.

BRAVEHEART
04-06-2009, 08:14 PM
The Jaguars make us look like a church league team.

Not really, the Jags are druggies while you guys are thugs. (IMO)

CashmoneyDrew
04-06-2009, 08:23 PM
If those allegations about Fitz were true, we probably would have heard a lot more about it by now. The date on that article said December 2008. I didn't hear a peep about it during the playoffs.

bored of education
04-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Dwayne Bowe is a model citizen. **** I hope I didn't jinx him.

Thumper
04-06-2009, 08:27 PM
If those allegations about Fitz were true, we probably would have heard a lot more about it by now. The date on that article said December 2008. I didn't hear a peep about it during the playoffs.

Maybe this is a more reputable source.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2009/01/larry_fitzgeralds_alleged_dome.php

It happened.

Flyboy
Marques Colston ftw.

Addict
Dwayne Bowe is a model citizen. **** I hope I didn't jinx him.

knock on wood.

PalmerToCJ
04-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Not really, the Jags are druggies while you guys are thugs. (IMO)

Right.

Charles Sharon - Grand theft of a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.
Ahmad Carrol - Possession of ecstasy and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Stocker McDougle - Felony battery on a person over the age of 65.

The Unseen
04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
No seriously, Palmer's right. Because the Bengals were semi-well known because of their offense and Chad Johnson, they got all the bad press.

I believe that the Bengals had extremely unwarranted press. Not the players, but the blame being put on the coaches and the FO.

PalmerToCJ
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
No seriously, Palmer's right. Because the Bengals were semi-well known because of their offense and Chad Johnson, they got all the bad press.

I believe that the Bengals had extremely unwarranted press. Not the players, but the blame being put on the coaches and the FO.

THANK YOU! Someone thinking logically. That stretch was awful for us, no doubt but clowns still chime in with the "bet the Bengals sign him LOLZ" posts when the team has stayed out of trouble for the last two years.

Rayray52
04-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Calvin Johnson tested positive for marijuana at the combine...not the greatest examples of model citizens lol

Halsey
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Calvin Johnson tested positive for marijuana at the combine...not the greatest examples of model citizens lol

No, he didn't test positive for marijuana at the combine. He admitted to using it in the past during interviews at the combine. I don't see smoking weed a few times as a knock on character at all really.

SimonRath
04-06-2009, 10:26 PM

its not that big of a deal..

LonghornsLegend
04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Actually, the fact that he admitted he did it previously, and he didn't have to, speaks volumes about the type of character person Calvin is.

Brodeur
04-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Do all Jags receivers just do lines to offset how much they suck?

Stash
04-07-2009, 01:03 AM
That's how they get through the day.

ChezPower4
04-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Will people ever learn...... I don't see him getting signed unless someone is desperate

The Unseen
04-07-2009, 07:52 AM

Sure. After all, the Ford's are buying.

vikes_28
04-07-2009, 09:05 AM
I would smoke weed too if i was Reggie Williams.

bolts2388
04-07-2009, 05:10 PM
what about Andre Johnson? He seems to be an ok guy to me.

TimD
04-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Will people ever learn...... I don't see him getting signed unless someone is desperate

I think the Jets should bring in one of the two druggie jags receivers. both have potential to be good and if it doesn't work out cut them. during their stay with the team have them live with players who can monitor them

RedAttack
04-09-2009, 02:50 AM
Halsey Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/31/l...eing-a-rather/

Woah, hang on here! That has not been proven to be true.

There hasn't been a restraining order issued against Fitzgerald. She has only filed a PFA, not an actual police report. The former has no legal consequences for lying or opportunity to investigate the claims what so ever.

This has gotten pretty much zero coverage in Arizona because most of the media can see that this 'incident' is a load of nonsense.

BigBanger
04-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Desperate for what? A backup, TE-like WR that showboats after catching a three yard pass? 'Cause thats what he is.

Reggie Williams is one of my most hated players in the NFL. He's such a loser. He runs a three yard smash route, catches the ball, gets drilled in the back, helmet comes off, and then he shakes his dreads all over the place and acts like he just caught a game-winning TD.