PDA

View Full Version : How did Bernard Pollard change the whole NFL Season?

Gay Ork Wang
04-07-2009, 05:40 AM
If u look back at it, how incredible was that one hit Bernard Pollard landed on Brady?

ji3iVpsel3I

When Brady went out, it first caused a big whole in NE it seemed. He was the MVP and OPotY coming of the best statistical season a QB ever had. Suddenly he was out for the year.

Who jumped in? Surely everybody knows it was Matt Cassel. He propelled himself to national acknowledgement and got franchised and traded just 4 months later.

Now think about the other effects. With Matt Cassel having success, it shed some positive light on two other guys: Scott Pioli, although he was already kind of well known for great drafts, and Josh McDaniels. Especially Josh McDaniels, who was sought after already the last few seasons, proved that he is great with young QBs, an ability that is incredibly important in the NFL. So Scott Pioli moved on to the Chiefs and Josh McDaniels became the new Head Coach of the Denver Broncos. Now the real dilemma started.

McDaniels wanted Matt Cassel, who again got the chance to show what he can do because of Pollard's hit, in Denver. This like we all know didnt go through because of Scott Pioli who landed Matt Cassel and outfoxed McDaniels. But this lead to totally different drama, the Jay Cutler drama. Obviously it didnt sit well with the young QB and his pride and after a month of ruckus he eventually got traded to the Chicago Bears. This lead to a lot of criticism by the Denver Fans and Josh McDaniels is already kind of on the hot seat?

Other rumors have it that the Patriots could acquire Julius Peppers with the #34 pick they got for Cassel.

What is my point? I guess i thought it's fun to look back at all this and remember what triggered it all.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/046p1LR2NX38I/340x.jpg

So next time Cassel sees Pollard in the locker room, why not ask him out for dinner. Every Bears fan and Chiefs fan should.
And Josh McDaniels? Blame Pollard!

But thats why we love the NFL, thats why we American Football. It is the soap opera for men.

All i gotta say is: Thanks Bernard Pollard for making this season one of the best seasons in recent memories.

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 05:43 AM
thats why we American Football.

Amen brudda, amen.

thats why we american football.

Gay Ork Wang
04-07-2009, 05:47 AM
We American Football!!!!

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Thats why we American Football and Who was phone?

Gay Ork Wang
04-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Thats why we American Football and Who was phone?
HE ACCIDENTLY THE WHOLE FLESHLIGHT!

anyways, lets not get this locked.
What are ur thoughts on this? What other ripple effects recently come to your mind?

BRAVEHEART
04-07-2009, 06:12 AM
HE ACCIDENTLY THE WHOLE FLESHLIGHT!

anyways, lets not get this locked.
What are ur thoughts on this? What other ripple effects recently come to your mind?

I can believable, like a little girl. :p

My thoughts....Cassell had more to do with this than Pollard. Pollard could've injured brady, but if Cassell sucked there would'nt be this much chaos.

T-RICH49
04-07-2009, 06:14 AM
haha who knew Bernard Pollard would have started this kind of dominoe effect in the NFL with just one play

DeathbyStat
04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Thank you sir....may i have another

Michigan
04-07-2009, 07:08 AM
BTW how dumb is that new rule penalizing and fining players who dive at a quarterback's legs while on the ground ala Pollard. Does the NFL actually expect players to get up off the ground before attacking the QB?

BamaFalcon59
04-07-2009, 07:12 AM
Cool song.

OzTitan
04-07-2009, 07:52 AM
It seems remarkable but it's pretty much a constant in the universe let alone football; that everything is a result of an endless series of events. The fact Brady is even this big to cause such a ripple effect can be traced back to a freak injury on a QB. And the fact Seth Rogen makes movies can be traced back to a lot of **** sucking.

Splat
04-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Had Sammy Morris not held Pollard by the face mask and tried to rip his head off this never would have happen would have just been a sack more then likely.

bored of education
04-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Had Sammy Morris not held Pollard by the face mask and tried to rip his head off this never would have happen would have just been a sack more then likely.

had kevin Faulk not been suspended for getting caught with weed at a Lil Wayne concert that play would not have happened. Faulk would have laid on top of Pollard and not let him get to brady!!!!!!

Splat
04-07-2009, 09:13 AM

had kevin Faulk not been suspended for getting caught with weed at a Lil Wayne concert that play would not have happened. Faulk would have laid on top of Pollard and not let him get to brady!!!!!!

Had the NFL not made a 4-12 football team play an 16-0 football team the first week of the season this never would have happened.

Gay Ork Wang
04-07-2009, 09:17 AM
i see.

lets blame Lil Wayne's mom

Addict
04-07-2009, 10:21 AM
i see.

lets blame Lil Wayne's mom

Well it's obvious all of this is her fault.

Malaka
04-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Well it's obvious all of this is her fault.

Well if she never gave birth to lil wayne, Kevin Faulk would never get caught with weed at the Lil Wayne concert, then Sammy Morris would not be the one blocking for Brady, then Bernard Pollard would not have ended Brady's season, then Cassell would never get a chance to start, and then this current chaos would be non-existant.

Gay Ork Wang
04-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Well if she never gave birth to lil wayne, Kevin Faulk would never get caught with weed at the Lil Wayne concert, then Sammy Morris would not be the one blocking for Brady, then Bernard Pollard would not have ended Brady's season, then Cassell would never get a chance to start, and then this current chaos would be non-existant.
thanks for stating the obvious!

Malaka
04-07-2009, 12:23 PM
thanks for stating the obvious!

Isn't this whole thread a statement pointing out the obvious, and my post was directed at pointing out the obvious wasn't that obvious? so thanks for pointing out the obvious captain obvious :p

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-07-2009, 12:36 PM
This all can be traced back to Mo Lewis and Drew Bledsoe. If Bledsoe never gets hurt think of how different the NFL would be today.

bored of education
04-07-2009, 01:20 PM
This all can be traced back to Mo Lewis and Drew Bledsoe. If Bledsoe never gets hurt think of how different the NFL would be today.

HOLY **** you are right. If that injury hadn't occurred Tom Brady wouldn't be banging Gisele!

Malaka
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
HOLY **** you are right. If that injury hadn't occurred Tom Brady wouldn't be banging Gisele!

and then that paparazzi's car wouldn't be all shot up... :O

Brent
04-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Pollard takes down Brady for the Chiefs, Cassell plays well for the Pats, Cassell ends up in KC. I think he's indebted to KC for a lot haha.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
04-07-2009, 01:35 PM

Think of what the injury did to the Rams, Bills, and Cowboys? Look now what it has done for the Chiefs.

Splat
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
The whole thing is an conspiracy I tell you conspiracy!!!

brat316
04-07-2009, 02:14 PM

prove it ......

Splat
04-07-2009, 02:19 PM

prove it ......

I can't I'm being watched at all times I probably said to much all ready if you never hear from me again they got me....

bantx
04-07-2009, 02:19 PM
lol @ this thread

Malaka
04-07-2009, 02:24 PM
lol @ this thread

lmao at you!

obviously you do not American Football

yourfavestoner
04-07-2009, 04:24 PM
It seems remarkable but it's pretty much a constant in the universe let alone football; that everything is a result of an endless series of events. The fact Brady is even this big to cause such a ripple effect can be traced back to a freak injury on a QB. And the fact Seth Rogen makes movies can be traced back to a lot of **** sucking.

Yay for Chaos Theory.

TimD
04-07-2009, 04:27 PM
lol @ this thread

my brain hurts

Flyboy
04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I want "THAT'S WHY WE AMERICAN FOOTBALL" on a damn t-shirt.

Jakey
04-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I tried to talk to my parents about this, but my parents are dad : (

bored of education
04-15-2009, 02:13 PM
I tried to talk to my parents about this, but my parents are dads : (

you have gay parents?

Jakey
04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
you have gay parents?

No they're dad. That is very ignorant :/

nobodyinparticular
04-15-2009, 02:38 PM

and then that paparazzi's car wouldn't be all shot up... :O

Think of what the injury did to the Rams, Bills, and Cowboys? Look now what it has done for the Chiefs.

And the Raiders would have won the SB in 2001, and Oakland would have 4 Lombardis from 3 decades.

*GASP!!!!* This is all a conspiracy to keep the Raiders down!!!!

Brent
04-15-2009, 03:59 PM
This is all a conspiracy to keep the Raiders down!!!!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_lBnK2f5dxE0/SUwCb_pdClI/AAAAAAAABYE/QS0nksANJtw/s400/TuckRule.jpg

This never would have happened and Rich Gannon wouldnt have been ****** over.

BaLLiN
04-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Technically you all are wrong, if Moss had gotten open earlier Tom wouldnt have been taking a hit.

Mr. Hero
04-15-2009, 05:03 PM
If Brian Griese hadn't kept Tom Brady on the bench at Michigan Brady would've been selected higher in the draft, never ended up a pat to be there when Bledsoe got that internal bleeding against the jets. The Pats owe their rings to Brian Griese.

Brent
04-15-2009, 05:22 PM
If Brian Griese hadn't kept Tom Brady on the bench at Michigan Brady would've been selected higher in the draft, never ended up a pat to be there when Bledsoe got that internal bleeding against the jets. The Pats owe their rings to Brian Griese.
If the Yankees hadnt lured Drew Henson with a contract, Drew would have been the starter, not Tom.

I blame the Yankees!

CC.SD
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
I blame the Yankees!

Words to live by.

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2009, 09:52 PM
This all would not have happened if Mo Lewis's hit on Drew Bledsoe which injured him did not happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNzd9Xd0who

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Bledoes injurie leads to Brady --> Brady's injury leads to Cassel --> Cassels injury leads too...

The Unseen
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
What if Jim Thorpe had two X chromosomes? Then the NFL woulda been in serious **** from the get-go.

mind ****!

04-15-2009, 10:09 PM
What if Scott never created this beautiful site?

Malaka
04-15-2009, 10:22 PM
What if Scott never created this beautiful site?

This is blasphemy!

http://iranpoliticsclub.net/history/300/images/Leonidas%20and%20Persian%20Messenger%203.jpg

This... is... SWDC!