PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Rex Grossman?

BeerBaron
04-08-2009, 06:51 PM
aka: Sexy Rexy
aka: The Cumslinger
aka: Unleash the Dragon

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/08/grossman-still-looking-for-a-gig/

He's been a free agent since February and has drawn no interest. He has, however, hired Drew Rosenhaus who claims to be talking to several interested teams.

I'm about 96% sure that Chicago won't have him back. Yeah, we could use a more experience backup QB but the staff likes Caleb Hanie and the city has pretty much lost all respect for him....

A quick glance around the league doesn't seem to have many great spots for him either....

Packers? No.
Vikings? Doubtful.
Lions? Unlikely.

Cowboys? Doubtful after picking up Kitna.
Eagles? Don't think so...
Giants? Prolly not.
Redskins? Possible but I think unlikely.

Bucs? Maybe but doubtful since Gruden the QB collector is gone.
Panthers? Unlikely.
Saints? Doubt it.
Falcons? Prolly not.

49ers? Maybe but I doubt it.
Seahawks? Possible but I don't think so.
Rams? I don't think so.
Cardinals? Nah.

Steelers? Most likely not.
Browns? Nah.
Bengals? Unlikley.
Ravens? Maybe but probably not.

Jets? Potentially.
Dolphins? Probably not.
Pats? No.
Bills? Doubtful.

Colts? Nah.
Texans? Unlikely.
Titans? Probably not.
Jags? Eh...but I doubt it.

Broncos? Unlikley.
Chiefs? Don't think so.
Raiders? Probably not.
Chargers? Maybe but I doubt it.

So there we are....the only team I could see him going to and being a starter possibly is the Jets.

Plenty of places he could latch on as a backup if they were interested....you never know what the Redskins might be thinking....49ers and Seahawks have guys for now they seem to like...Steelers and Ravens could use a veteran backup but Grossman doesn't seem like their type and they seem to like Dixon and Smith....Teams like the Pats and Jags I think have backups they do like.....I couldn't for the life of me think of who the Chargers backup is so I said maybe, but I doubt it....

So where, if anywhere, does he go?

Geo
04-08-2009, 07:01 PM
T-Rexy, the Sex Cannon, **** It I'm Throwing Deep.

He makes the NFL better, he makes sports better, he makes the world better.

SFbear
04-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Now that he's not on the team I can't help but feel bad for him. It took a lot for him to come back after all those season ending injuries. All his teammates really liked him and he always had a lot of heart.

Someone will likely pick him up after the draft as a backup. I find it weird that Orton is so highly touted now while Grossman hasn't had any luck given that there about equal in talent. One will throw more interceptions and the other can't complete a pass past 20 yards.

Good luck to him where ever he ends up.

Chief49er
04-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Ewwwwww... career backup.

Gay Ork Wang
04-08-2009, 07:28 PM
i was thinking about the exact same thing

stephenson86
04-08-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.vitter.com/craigsmusings/cartoons/rex_grossman_0001.jpg

Brent
04-08-2009, 07:44 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/12/rexstacy-wants-to-fulfill-your.html

We have a game Sunday? ****, I didnít even know. They donít tell me when the games are played. I just run out onto the field and start aiming lasers for ******* Saturn, you know what I mean? If thereís a defense there, whatever. Sexy Rexy is more than happy to spray hot passes all over the defenseís chest. Who are we playing? The Lions? Pfft. Those guys arenít sexy. You telling me Jon Kitna is sexy? Iíve seen white supremacists in prison who are sexier than that do-gooder. No wonder heís a devout Christian. What kind of ***** would he pull on the open market? Dumpster *****, thatís what.

Even though it's fake, I love it.

Bucs_Rule
04-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Bust QBs are rarely given the chance to be a starter for a second team. He will have to accept being a backup and some former #1s have a problem with that.

WMD
04-08-2009, 08:10 PM
He'll sign with the Pats as a backup!

hockey619
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
move him to wr and have him go deep on every play so he knows how it feels to run all the way down the field all time championship

CC.SD
04-08-2009, 08:33 PM
The Chargers backup QB is the immortal Billy Volek, with "hai guys did my career start?" Charlie Whitehurst holding the clipboard.

tylerb929
04-08-2009, 08:39 PM
He makes the NFL better, he makes sports better, he makes the world better.

He makes defenses better.

Hurricanes25
04-08-2009, 08:43 PM
He makes defenses better.

Especially the Defensive backs.

the decider13
04-08-2009, 08:49 PM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2006/12/rexstacy-wants-to-fulfill-your.html

Even though it's fake, I love it.

I love those...this one is pretty great. You need to read the one about Cutler, Orton and Rivers that they posted last week lol

TACKLE
04-08-2009, 08:52 PM
He'll sign with the Pats as a backup!

You mean beat out Culpepper for the starting spot in Detroit. At least he'll have a #1 pick protecting his blindside. http://draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

bearsfan_51
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't think anyone in their right mind, including Rex, considers him a starting QB right now.

But there are some teams that could use him as a backup with some, albeit limited, upside. I think the Bengals make a lot of sense actually. Their current backups are J.T. O'Sullivan and Carson Palmer's brother. You're telling me Sexy Rexy couldn't beat out those chumps? And it's not like Carson has proven himself to be all that durable.

CC.SD
04-08-2009, 09:37 PM
If Cutler fails to produce for da Bears, that will give Rexy a better shot at a job in 2010.

BeerBaron
04-08-2009, 10:05 PM
If Cutler fails to produce for da Bears, that will give Rexy a better shot at a job in 2010.

The entire fan base hates him....he gets booed going in as an injury replacement. I doubt he ever returns to the state except to ride the visiting teams bench....

And to 51, I would probably say that he is better than O'Sullivan and the little Palmer, but they just signed O'Sullivan this year and I kind of doubt they grab someone else already.

Matthew Jones
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I'd give him a contract as a backup in New England. I'd have done it with Kyle Boller too.

Addict
04-09-2009, 04:00 AM
http://theflintskinny.blogspot.com/2008/08/rex-grossman-****-it-im-going-deep.html

edit the four stars into a common four-letter word used to describe fornication and you're good to go.

kalbears13
04-09-2009, 04:28 AM
It's not totally unlikely for him to go to the Browns since they'll most likely be losing a QB soon.

BlindSite
04-09-2009, 04:46 AM
Right now the Panthers have come out and said Delhomme is the unquestioned starter, we've got a backup Fox wanted for a while in McCown and a guy who may be our future in Moore but I'd like to see him as a training camp battle to at least push the other guys.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2009, 08:44 AM
I think the Steelers may look at him if we miss out on Leftwich. Lions still want to sign another vet.

nepg
04-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I think Grossman will make a great back-up for someone. He's the kind of guy that can come in and have a great 2-3 game stretch, but don't expect him to do much as "The Guy"... i.e. don't make him your starter - ever.

Kelley Holcomb, Damon Huard, Sage Rosenfels (sorry Vikes fans), and Gus Frerrotte come to mind as comparisons for Grossman as a back-up.

I wouldn't take him in New England as they've got 2 guys who know the system and have looked really good, and will likely draft another project.
________
new developments in Jomtien (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Smokey Joe
04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
I think the Jets maybe.

bearsfan_51
04-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Kelley Holcomb, Damon Huard, Sage Rosenfels (sorry Vikes fans), and Gus Frerrotte come to mind as comparisons for Grossman as a back-up.
Those are all terrible comparisons. Each of those guys has almost no talent, but are students of the game and thus prepared when their name is called. Grossman's arm is sick, he's just an idiot.

nepg
04-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Those are all terrible comparisons. Each of those guys has almost no talent, but are students of the game and thus prepared when their name is called. Grossman's arm is sick, he's just an idiot.

Huard probably doesn't belong in that mix, but the others are right there "great arm", but unable to make good decisions with the ball consistently. Holcomb is probably the poster-boy for that one.
________
DreamLinda (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/DreamLinda/)

VoteLynnSwan
04-09-2009, 11:34 AM
Jeff George is definitely one of those journeyman types who was only on a roster because of his arm strength.

LookItsAlDavis
04-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Huard probably doesn't belong in that mix, but the others are right there "great arm", but unable to make good decisions with the ball consistently. Holcomb is probably the poster-boy for that one.

I don't know where your getting the idea that those four have strong arms. All they are is game-managers, guys who will compliment running games with short and intermediate passes. Any time they have been asked to stretch the field, they have played terrible.

PoopSandwich
04-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Browns trade quinn sign grossman and run the 2-qb throw it deep system with anderson/grossman.

the decider13
04-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Browns trade quinn sign grossman and run the 2-qb throw it deep system with anderson/grossman.

Woah...2 QBs with rocket arms. This plan can't fail.

PoopSandwich
04-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Woah...2 QBs with rocket arms. This plan can't fail.

Yeah we just need to draft guys that run 4.3 40's and we're good to go, trade Edwards for DeSean Jackson and draft whoever runs the fastest 40 times.

Brent
04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I love those...this one is pretty great. You need to read the one about Cutler, Orton and Rivers that they posted last week lol
Their posts making fun of Peter King are nothing short of genius.

Kase1
04-09-2009, 06:04 PM
He's coming NO WHERE near the Giants, we have 2 #1 OVERALL picks as our QB and backup, so ya could say we're set

BeerBaron
04-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Yeah we just need to draft guys that run 4.3 40's and we're good to go, trade Edwards for DeSean Jackson and draft whoever runs the fastest 40 times.

Al Davis would instantly purchase the Browns.

diabsoule
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
He should go to Detroit. The Sex Cannon to CJ? NFL pwnage tour 2009 would begin.

PoopSandwich
04-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Al Davis would instantly purchase the Browns.

Not yet we need to get a running back thats fast and flashy... Trade this years draft (Except for our pick to get the fastest receiver) and next years draft for Reggie Bush.

BeerBaron
04-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Not yet we need to get a running back thats fast and flashy... Trade this years draft (Except for our pick to get the fastest receiver) and next years draft for Reggie Bush.

Throw in Vick after his suspension for some wildcat'n.....yeah. Al Davis would be all over that.

Brent
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
He should go to Detroit. The Sex Cannon to CJ? NFL pwnage tour 2009 would begin.
You laugh but I can see it now:

Rex: CJ, on this one, I know are supposed to run a slant but **** that ***** ****. Take this ****** to the goddamn house. See that ******* pylon? Time to unleash the dragon all over these ******'s face.
Calvin: I don't think that's really a good idea, Rex. I mean-
Rex: **** your thinking **** through. Sexy Rexy wants to go deep and you better ******* catch that ****!

the decider13
04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
You laugh but I can see it now:

Rex: CJ, on this one, I know are supposed to run a slant but **** that ***** ****. Take this ****** to the goddamn house. See that ******* pylon? Time to unleash the dragon all over these ******'s face.
Calvin: I don't think that's really a good idea, Rex. I mean-
Rex: **** your thinking **** through. Sexy Rexy wants to go deep and you better ******* catch that ****!

hahahahaha.....I needed a good laugh, that was awesome