PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch Suspended for the First 3 Games

The Dynasty
04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4054396&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

WMD
04-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I've got him as a keeper, gosh dammit.

Thunder&Lightning
04-08-2009, 11:23 PM
Just means T.O. has even more pressure now

Hurricanes25
04-08-2009, 11:29 PM
Its time for Fred Jackson to step up

ChezPower4
04-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Just means T.O. has even more pressure now

As if there already wasn't enough pressure on the guy.

Thumper
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
As if there already wasn't enough pressure on the guy.

He already tried to kill himself once. What will more pressure do?

SuperMcGee
04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Yay Fred Jackson Time!

Also - sign Fred Jackson already.

PoopSandwich
04-08-2009, 11:38 PM

More pressure means he'll just blame the QB for the problems... ;)

ChezPower4
04-08-2009, 11:39 PM

Did this really take place? If so this would be news to me....

Thumper
04-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Did this really take place? If so this would be news to me....

He OD'd on pills a couple years back but he claims it was an accident but you don't just take that many pills on accident.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2604395

RaiderNation
04-09-2009, 12:51 AM
Looks like Northern California is doing bad in the NFL. First Sacramento native Donte Stallworth kills a guy when he was drinking and driving and now Marshawn gets suspended for gun charges....

M.O.T.H.
04-09-2009, 02:11 AM
They'll be just fine with Jackson...better even? hmm.

AJHawk50
04-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Yet another thug...

nepg
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
They've got to be relieved that it's only the first 3 games. Could have been a lot worse. He'll probably be gone after this season.
________
Bubbler pipe (http://bubblers.net/)

DeathbyStat
04-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Its time for Fred Jackson to step up

I think he can

bored of education
04-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I don't know what story is bigger, this story or that fact TO showed up to the voluntary program.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-09-2009, 08:58 AM

I agree, I wouldn't be suprised at all of Jackson out plays him. He's a beast.

art vandelay
04-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Not too bad. He will probably appeal and hopefully get it reduced to 2 anyway.

In the meantime, Freddy can shoulder the load.

Shane P. Hallam
04-09-2009, 09:09 AM
The team doesn't really appear to like Fred Jackson very much however. I wouldn't be surprised if they used an early pick on a RB and that guy started until Lynch was ready.

21ST
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Why is everyone acting like TO is going to have a bad season, his team will probly suck but he is still going to make plays and put up nice numbers

BandwagonPunditry
04-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Not too bad. He will probably appeal and hopefully get it reduced to 2 anyway.

Yeah, I read something about that.

Just out of interest, does anyone know why/how you can have a sentence reduced on appeal?

DiG
04-09-2009, 09:24 AM
I've got him as a keeper, gosh dammit.

ive got him in my dynasty but thank god i have fred jackson too

bored of education
04-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I read something about that.

Just out of interest, does anyone know why/how you can have a sentence reduced on appeal?

Jared Allen reduced his suspension a few years back. You go to the the Board of Appeals and plead your case, give them the run around so thery can reduce the suspension.

nepg
04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I think they'll wait until next year to draft a RB, but they could very-well go ahead and take one at 11 (or later if they can trade down).

One tactic that Buffalo has used since Thurman Thomas that I'm a big fan of is drafting RBs in the first round and not re-signing them when their rookie contract is up. Antoine Smith, Willis McGahee, and now Marshawn Lynch. It's smart. You get a high-level player at a premium position on the cheap for 5 years (the life-span of a good RB's productive years).
________
Vaporizer (http://vaporizers.tv/)

FlyingElvis
04-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Jackson should be able to handle the load. They practically split carries last year anyway.

Was the gun unregistered, loaded, both? Why did he end up with charges for a gun in the trunk? Will I find the answers before someone posts them? Stay tuned . . .

EDIT: Seriously, WTF? Every article I find has zero information about why he was charged w/felony possession. Nothing says why the cops even approached them in the first place. Is there anything out there with details?

ChezPower4
04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Why is everyone acting like TO is going to have a bad season, his team will probly suck but he is still going to make plays and put up nice numbers

He didn't have that great of a season last year and Romo was throwing him the ball. No Trent Edwards is the QB, I also think that TO's skills are starting to decline. Owens is getting up there in years.

bendert58
04-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Noooooooo Marshawn! Was it the ambiance or the decor that made you do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

Its a sad day.

SuperMcGee
04-09-2009, 02:33 PM

Fred Jackson is a better and more productive RB than Marshawn Lynch.

The team doesn't really appear to like Fred Jackson very much however. I wouldn't be surprised if they used an early pick on a RB and that guy started until Lynch was ready.

Although he only really came here on a favor from our former GM, he is definitely a guy they like. They've been working on a contract, the Bills are just weary of overcommitting to their 28-year old backup. I guarantee Fred Jackson will be starting those games.

stephenson86
04-09-2009, 02:59 PM
marshawn has to go onto nfl network when he finishes his career in 2 years because of a lifetime suspension for shooting up applebees when they change the decor and dont let him pour his own soda :(

art vandelay
04-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Wow, I disagree with everything you say here.

We clearly like him alot, he split carries with Lynch last season. He wants a new contract and obviously deserves it, and the Bills are in negotiations with him. The tricky part is that Jackson is 28 and our backup and the Bills are cheap by nature, so it's tough to find common ground.

BandwagonPunditry
04-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Jared Allen reduced his suspension a few years back. You go to the the Board of Appeals and plead your case, give them the run around so thery can reduce the suspension.

Thanks... I'm just curious about the reasoning behind the league dropping suspensions.

FlyingElvis
04-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Brandon Marshall had his cut down a game last year, too. Originally it was 3 but he only missed 2, iirc.

I don't know exactly what Goodell's reasoning is for shortening them, but his decisions rarely seem consistent.

art vandelay
04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
I think the fact that Marshawn was pro-active in this debocle could be a reason to shorten the suspension. He requested a meeting with Goodell, unlike last year, where he didn't speak on the issue for months.

art vandelay
04-10-2009, 09:12 AM

Freddy gets alot of love around here, huh? But there's no way he runs as hard as Beast Mode does.

TheBuffaloBills
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Freddy gets alot of love around here, huh? But there's no way he runs as hard as Beast Mode does.

Couldn't agree any more. From day 1, Freddy has turned a ton of heads.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
04-10-2009, 01:22 PM
The no fun league just got less fun

Splat
04-10-2009, 01:36 PM
The no fun league just got less fun

So what Goodell should just let players act a fool with no punishment?

I don't agree with everything Goodell has done but I have no problem with him trying to clean up the off the field stuff.

Mr. Hero
04-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Marshawn Lynch is way to awesome of a dude to ever do any wrong.

Kase1
04-11-2009, 09:51 AM
More pressure means he'll just blame the QB for the problems... ;)

LOL this time he's gonna just go after the city and region as a whole, he's gonna make McGahee look like a proud Buffalo son, LOL

Kase1
04-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Marshawn Lynch is way to awesome of a dude to ever do any wrong.

Oh how I thought the same about Plax.....

Brent
04-11-2009, 12:39 PM
I imagine something like this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rSBfV-PlLnM/R_r0z1q-YcI/AAAAAAAAACU/b2zqWH6Y-24/s320/an+hero+02.jpg

yourfavestoner
04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
So what Goodell should just let players act a fool with no punishment?

I don't agree with everything Goodell has done but I have no problem with him trying to clean up the off the field stuff.

Has the off the field stuff really been cleaned up though? Even with Goodell's personal conduct policy, it doesn't seem like player arrests have really slowed down.

Somse
04-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Has the off the field stuff really been cleaned up though? Even with Goodell's personal conduct policy, it doesn't seem like player arrests have really slowed down.

It could be argued that Goodell's policy is only drawing more attention to the NFL's shortcomings in the area of player conduct.

Goodell is being reactive, rather than proactive. He needs to address problems before they become problems instead of retroactively punishing players. What is handing out a suspension going to do if the league's reputation has already been damaged by the incident? It's not like Goodell suspending Lynch is going to salvage their reputation.

yourfavestoner
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
It could be argued that Goodell's policy is only drawing more attention to the NFL's shortcomings in the area of player conduct.

Goodell is being reactive, rather than proactive. He needs to address problems before they become problems instead of retroactively punishing players. What is handing out a suspension going to do if the league's reputation has already been damaged by the incident? It's not like Goodell suspending Lynch is going to salvage their reputation.

Which is EXACTLY what I argued when Fuhrer Goodell started implementing his policy. It certainly hasn't helped that he has been incredibly inconsistent with his punishments either.

His SOLE job as the commissioner of the league is to make as much money as possible for the owners. That's it.

Somse
04-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Which is EXACTLY what I argued when Fuhrer Goodell started implementing his policy. It certainly hasn't helped that he has been incredibly inconsistent with his punishments either.

I agree. The intent of the program makes sense (improving player conduct to protect NFL's reputation in the eyes of fans/media/sponsors) but it has been implemented so poorly I think it could be hurting the league.

Nalej
04-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Bills to upgrade backfield?

With Marshawn Lynch facing a three-game suspension to start the 2009 season -- a decision he'll likely appeal -- and Fred Jackson still upset with his current contract, the Buffalo Bills could be looking at the free-agent market and the draft to upgrade their backfield.
Unfortunately, the pickings are pretty slim when it comes to tailbacks. Of the backs still available on the free-agent docket, all of them are nearing or beyond the magical age of 30, after which running backs are looked upon as damaged goods in the NFL. The Bills might kick Deuce McAllister's tires a bit, but barring a miraculous recovery from two major knee surgeries, he's an unlikely signing. As for the draft, the Bills should be focused on other positions in the top rounds, as they are in dire need of offensive line help and a dominating pass-rusher. However, if Michigan State's workhorse Javon Ringer is still around on Day 2 of the draft, there's a chance the Bills would consider him.

The Bills may also be looking to add a fullback to their arsenal. According to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, free agent Cecil Sapp, who was a tailback at Colorado State, will be visiting with the team next week. According to Scouts Inc., he is not much of an iso blocker, but can have value as an occasional runner or receiver out of the backfield. The Bills love throwing to the running backs, as Lynch and Jackson combined for 84 receptions for 617 yards in 2008, good for a 7.4 yards-per-catch average.

-ESPN Rumors

Bills2083
04-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Bills to upgrade backfield?

With Marshawn Lynch facing a three-game suspension to start the 2009 season -- a decision he'll likely appeal -- and Fred Jackson still upset with his current contract, the Buffalo Bills could be looking at the free-agent market and the draft to upgrade their backfield.
Unfortunately, the pickings are pretty slim when it comes to tailbacks. Of the backs still available on the free-agent docket, all of them are nearing or beyond the magical age of 30, after which running backs are looked upon as damaged goods in the NFL. The Bills might kick Deuce McAllister's tires a bit, but barring a miraculous recovery from two major knee surgeries, he's an unlikely signing. As for the draft, the Bills should be focused on other positions in the top rounds, as they are in dire need of offensive line help and a dominating pass-rusher. However, if Michigan State's workhorse Javon Ringer is still around on Day 2 of the draft, there's a chance the Bills would consider him.

The Bills may also be looking to add a fullback to their arsenal. According to Alex Marvez of Fox Sports, free agent Cecil Sapp, who was a tailback at Colorado State, will be visiting with the team next week. According to Scouts Inc., he is not much of an iso blocker, but can have value as an occasional runner or receiver out of the backfield. The Bills love throwing to the running backs, as Lynch and Jackson combined for 84 receptions for 617 yards in 2008, good for a 7.4 yards-per-catch average.

-ESPN Rumors

I'm not sure why they re-upped McIntyre in the offseason, considering he was not the greatest of blockers, and he has horrible hands. Plus, it doesn't make sense for them to go after Sapp if they really are content McIntyre.

Regarding the RB position. I'm pretty sure I read on the Bills' website that they are looking for someone to be our #3 runningback, not the #2 (except for when Lynch is out due to the suspension). He and Jackson have solidified their roles as the top RBs on this team.