PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Mock...Fire away

superfly69
03-07-2007, 01:00 AM
1. Oakland - Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame - Everyone seems to love Russell here, but questions about his work ethic and the fact he showed up out of shape at the combine tell me that Davis makes the safe pick on draft day.

2.Detroit - Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin - After the trade with Denver I think the Lions will push hard to move down here and take a DE or LB. If they can't I still think they go with Thomas because Foster is a free agent next year.

3. Cleveland - JeMarcus Russell QB LSU - Word is the Browns front office is obsessed with this guy and if he is available he'll be wearing orange and brown next year.

4. Tampa Bay - Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech - Best player in the draft and could go #1 if the Raiders unload Moss. Will make a great target for Garcia and a better compliment for Clayton.

5. Arizona - Gaines Adams DE Clemson - I think the Cards could be a perfect trading partner for Detroit if they really want Thomas. If he is gone I think they go with the best D-Lineman in the draft.

6. Washington - Amobi Okoye DT Louisville - Could very well pass Branch as top DT in the draft. I think the Skins will move down here, this the only pick they have before round 5, but if they keep it look for a D-Lineman here.

7. Minnesota - Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma - Not really a need area for the Vikings, but a player with superstar potential. Childress will figure out a way of getting him on the field.

8. Houston - LaRon Landry S LSU - The Texans need help everywhere. Problem is no O-Lineman or running backs are worthy of this high a pick after Thomas and Peterson so the Texans go D and take an impact safety.

9. Miami - Alan Branch DT Michigan - Miami is another team will many holes. The defense is getting older and the O-Line needs work. Branch is solid and eats up space, he could go as high as #5 so this would be a good pick.

10. Atlanta - Jamaal Anderson DE Arkansas - They lose Patrick Kearny so they make the logical choice and replace him with a younger more talented player in Anderson.

11. San Francisco – Dwayne Jarrett WR USC – By far the weakest position on the 49ers team. I am not sure Jarrett is worthy of this high a pick but he would fill an immediate hole on the Niners roster and give Alex Smith a go-to wideout.

12. Buffalo – Leon Hall CB Michigan – Hall is one of the more overrated players in the draft I think. But the Bills can’t ignore the fact they keep losing good corners to free agency.

13. St. Louis – Adam Carriker DE Nebraska – Tough hardworking D-Lineman. Not fancy but Nebraska players are usually solid and the St.Louis D needs all the help it can get.

14. Carolina – Reggie Nelson S Florida – Have drafted good corners over the last few years. Now with Thomas Davis playing LB a top rate safety is needed to work the middle.

15. Pittsburgh – Lawrence Timmons LB Florida State – Lose Joey Porter you need to replace him. Timmons might not be the ideal 3-4 OLB but FSU defensive players have often translated very well to the pros.

16. Green Bay – Marshawn Lynch RB California – Lost Green to Houston in free agency and they need a power RB to take the pressure off the passing game with Favre coming back.

17. Jacksonville – Michael Griffen S Texas – The last of the top safeties available. Fills a position need for the Jags and will provide needed leadership on D.

18. Cincinnati – Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss – Let Simmons go and chances are Thurman won’t be back with them next year. Willis is a proven SEC player and although he may never be a superstar he probably won’t end up in jail either and that’s a start for the Bengals.

19. Tennessee – Dwayne Bowe WR LSU – Not a flashy guy but one of the safer picks in the draft in my estimation and fills a need for the Titans in giving Young a big WR to throw to.

20. NY Giants – Levi Brown OL Penn State – Corner is another need area for the G-men, but after dumping Petitgout, tackle becomes a necessary stop on the draft day train.

21. Denver Broncos – Quentin Moses DE Georgia – Lost out on Kerney when he signed with Seattle and White when he signed with Detroit. Provides a big physical pass rusher who can play every down.

22. Dallas Cowboys – Chris Houston CB Arkansas – Stock is really going up with a strong combine performance and Jerry Jones likes players from his alma mater. If any of the top 3 safeties fall this far look for Dallas to pounce, but a good corner is a nice second option.

23. Kansas City – Aaron Ross CB Texas – Ignored this position on draft day last year and paid for it. Ross is one of the better all around corners in the draft. Not flashy but will get the job done.

24. New England – Robert Meachem WR Tennessee – Losing Branch hurt them bad last year and with Chad Jackson tearing his knee up in the championship game the need for a big play guy is essential to Brady’s success.

25. N.Y. Jets – Tank Tyler DT N.C. State – Dwayne Robertson is entering a contract year and has been a disappointment thus far. Tyler was the 4th guy on a front line that produced 3 first rounders last year.

26. Philadelphia – Darrelle Revis CB Pittsburgh – Andy Reid loves his DB’s and you can never have enough good ones.

27. New Orleans – Justin Blalock OL Texas – Very versatile player. Can play tackle or guard and with Stinchcomb as injury prone as he is and Holland leaving for Denver as a free agent Blalock looks like a good fit blocking for Brees.

28. New England - Jarvis Moss DE Florida – Pats will make him a rush linebacker. Good motor and a lot of talent but I think he should have stayed in college one more year.

29. Baltimore - Paul Posluzny LB Penn St. – Will come in and compete to replace Thomas. Blue collar player with some upside. Will never be great but the Ravens have success with players like this.

30. San Diego - Brandon Meriweather S Miami (FL) – Secondary is still a big concern for this team despite the 14-2 record. A WR is very probable as well but with none available worthy of 1st round pick, Meriweather is the guy.

31. Chicago – Greg Olsen TE Miami – A need position for the Bears and the only TE worthy of a 1st round pick this year.

32. Indianapolis – David Harris LB Michigan – Not many people may put Harris in round one, but he was super productive at Michigan and is a tough inside backer that knows how to stop the run.

Acreboy
03-07-2007, 01:06 AM
Word is the Raiders fans only want CJ or AD.

Personally, as a Saints fan, I like Blalock...

NickBam
03-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I used to be against a TE to the Bears, but I'd love Olsen.

DJM187
03-07-2007, 02:23 AM
Raiders will not pick Brady... None of the coaching staff even showed up for his pro day.

d34ng3l021
03-07-2007, 02:54 AM
Great Falcons pick.

Crazy_Chris
03-07-2007, 03:16 AM
not a good Viking pick Give us Laron Landry in that situation rather than Adrian peterson

Caddy
03-07-2007, 03:55 AM
I don't see Harris in the 1st round but I like the Bucs pick

GermanSaint
03-07-2007, 03:57 AM
awful saints selection

neko4
03-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Good GB pick
With Anderson still on the board WAS might take him over Okoye

ninerfan
03-07-2007, 03:58 AM
9ers likely to take Bowe before Jarret

skinzzfan25
03-07-2007, 06:54 AM
Alright Redskins pick. I still think they could trade down into the 8-11 spot and still get Okoye.

21ST
03-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Ok skins pick, i would rather have branch

tylerb929
03-07-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't see Harris in the 1st round but I like the Bucs pick

Actually I'm an Indy fan and I like the pick. He could definately play SSLB for team, and that is a position of need. WSLB is probably a more vital role but a lot of those prospects have hurt themselves. But let me guess, you want Harris in the 2nd is why your saying that?

Finsfan79
03-07-2007, 08:19 AM
happy with the branch pick

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Raiders will not pick Brady... None of the coaching staff even showed up for his pro day.

According to NFL Network, coaches from every team showed up at his Pro Day, and some brought more than one coach. Including:
Raiders
Lions
Browns
Dolphins
There are more, but those stick out in my mind. NFL Network said there was a total of 60-some coaches/GMs at his Pro Day so my guess is at least 20 teams had more than one member of their staff at his Pro Day.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2007, 09:34 AM
The Eagles won't pick a Nickel in the first round, this is a different situation than when we picked Lito. The Eagles would pick Jarvis Moss in this situation.

T-RICH49
03-07-2007, 09:36 AM
If we're going to take a CB in RD 1 I'd prefer Revis over Ross but that is personal opinon

Im_a_Romosexual
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
right on with the cowboys analysis. I think they go Houston, Tyler or trade down(No trades in mocks though)

etk
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
The Colts don't need a MLB, not that I care though

hugegmenfan
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
ok giants pick- id prefer a defensive player but its still an ok pick

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
You're wrong right from the start with Quinn going to Oakland but you got it right when Lynch turns into a Packer

superfly69
03-07-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for all the feedback fellas, glad to see you all mostly enjoyed my thought process.

gdamac
03-07-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm still on Russell's bandwagon, I think he's still at the weight he played at, we'll see in about a week at LSU's pro-day

RaiderNation
03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
alright raider pick. CJ is the safest pick in the draft though

KCJ58
03-07-2007, 11:56 PM
OK Rams pick

CT Bronco Fan
03-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Not one members of the broncos orginzation spoke to, or went to any of Jay Cutler's pro days either. So whats your point here?

As far as the mock goes.

You have Ginn out of the first round? most bronco fans don't agree with me. But I would like to see them bring in Ginn. And since he is still on your board. He would be the pick i make.

DJM187
03-10-2007, 03:33 AM
Not one members of the broncos orginzation spoke to, or went to any of Jay Cutler's pro days either. So whats your point here?

As far as the mock goes.

You have Ginn out of the first round? most bronco fans don't agree with me. But I would like to see them bring in Ginn. And since he is still on your board. He would be the pick i make.

Obviously Cutler wasn't Denver first choice. Also Cutler was the 3rd QB drafted, totally differnet situation with the Raiders. All I'm saying is if the Raiders were planning to invest time and big money on Brady as the number one over all pick, don't you think the coaching staff should be there? Instend of sending some joblos...

Sveen
03-10-2007, 04:55 AM
Even though I like Blalock I can't see us taking him in the 1st. LB, CB and DT are bigger needs :)

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Word is the Raiders fans only want CJ or AD.

Personally, as a Saints fan, I like Blalock...
Id be ok with Quinn if we traded down.I dont think hes worth the #1 overall pick.and now with the signing of Rhodes AD really isnt an option anymore.

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-10-2007, 11:44 AM

wow great way to make no sense.THe staff was there the only person that was missing was Al.But AL hasnt gone to a pro day in the last couple of years.Actually make sure you get your facts right before spreading false information.

superfly69
03-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I have a hard time believeing that no one from the Raiders organization would show up at Brady's pro day. They have to be considering him at least to some extent, especially if they trade down.

As for Ginn, he is still hurt and is not going to work out at the OSU pro day. Being hurt this time of year can kill your stock, just look at LenDale White last year. And remember only one WR was draft in round one last year, I wouldn't be shocked if we only had 2 this year.