PDA

View Full Version : fire....

the decider13
04-10-2009, 12:15 AM
So these fires in Oklahoma are crazy. I'm staying at my cousin's house because the fire was getting too close to where I lived. Not sure how it is going, not going to find out till daylight. But it isn't looking too great.

Anyone else effected by this crazy fire or had problems with it in the past?

nrk
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Where are you at?

the decider13
04-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Near Choctaw, around E Reno and Peebly. But I'm staying in midwest city for the night. Obviously I can't sleep so I am posting lol

Thumper
04-10-2009, 03:08 AM
good luck man, sorry about the fires.

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm sure your checking things out now, but keep us updated with how things are going...

cdub11
04-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Some friends of mine in Midwest City had to evacuate last night... several houses in their neighborhood burnt down

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Wow, so theres a possibilitilty he had to evacuate twice... Holy crap, I'm glad I just have to worry about blizzards at my house. Good luck decider, I hope everything turns out alright. And both your house and your cousins aren't affected.

bantx
04-10-2009, 12:31 PM
There was a fire near fort worth yesteday and if you went outside you could smell it in the air. It looked all muggy and smelt the smoke everywhere.

The Unseen
04-10-2009, 12:48 PM
I drove under the smoke cloud of one a month or so ago here in Florida. It wasn't a bad fire but we coulda sworn it was a control burn at the time.

Keep safe

the decider13
04-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Luckily my house is ok, the fire stopped about two miles before my house...but some of the houses about two miles away are completely gone. We had 70 MPH winds on top of a crazy fire. That was some scary shiz man. I didn't sleep a wink last night.

nrk
04-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Luckily my house is ok, the fire stopped about two miles before my house...but some of the houses about two miles away are completely gone. We had 70 MPH winds on top of a crazy fire. That was some scary shiz man. I didn't sleep a wink last night.

Good to hear everything is okay for ya. We're pretty lucky down here in Norman.

JHG722
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Wow, so theres a possibilitilty he had to evacuate twice... Holy crap, I'm glad I just have to worry about blizzards at my house. Good luck decider, I hope everything turns out alright. And both your house and your cousins aren't affected.

Sucks. We have nothing to worry about disaster wise in SEPA :P
No more blizzards. Flood warning every now and then, which never materializes. Tornado warning every couple years which never materializes either.

Glad your house is okay, OP.

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Thats great, I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Sukcs for the other people though, glad I don't have to worry about that...

LonghornsLegend
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
It's ridiculous out here, I live in Ft Worth and I stepped outside yesterday evening and it looked like a nuclear bomb went off nearby, you could barely see and smoke was everywhere.

On top of Oklahoma, there were alot of fires in between North Texas, at least 3 were in the Fort Worth area, so I'm not sure if I was catching some of the smoke from what was in Oklahoma or not, but it was looking pretty crazy though.

eaglesalltheway
04-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Sucks. We have nothing to worry about disaster wise in SEPA :P
No more blizzards. Flood warning every now and then, which never materializes. Tornado warning every couple years which never materializes either.

Glad your house is okay, OP.

Blizzards aren't too bad really, as long as people are semi-prepared. Most people are used to it. Floods are a really localized thing though. you have to be within a close distance to any of the rivers, and luckily, my house is on a hill, and the worst thing we ever had to deal with was a puddle in our basement, haha. My uncle lives near a river though, and a few years back, his entire basement was under 5 feet of water.

The storms here are sweet, about two weeks ago we had a big hail storm (for PA standards) in my town and we had hail a little smaller than baseballs, took a bunch of pictures of them and stuff since I probably won't see that for a long time, if ever. Really the only thing we have to worry about is wind damage, haha.

JHG722
04-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Blizzards aren't too bad really, as long as people are semi-prepared. Most people are used to it. Floods are a really localized thing though. you have to be within a close distance to any of the rivers, and luckily, my house is on a hill, and the worst thing we ever had to deal with was a puddle in our basement, haha. My uncle lives near a river though, and a few years back, his entire basement was under 5 feet of water.

The storms here are sweet, about two weeks ago we had a big hail storm (for PA standards) in my town and we had hail a little smaller than baseballs, took a bunch of pictures of them and stuff since I probably won't see that for a long time, if ever. Really the only thing we have to worry about is wind damage, haha.

Yeah, we had crazy hail a couple weeks ago too. I dont honestly remember seeing hail here before.

CJSchneider
04-10-2009, 06:13 PM
My father was a fire-fighter for the Forrest Service in CA. Where I grew up, surrounded by Mendocino Nat'l Forrest and in the county I lived, there was a huge, land devastating fire every 10 or so years. I know all about it. Hope you are in a safe area.