PDA

View Full Version : Leon Hall Arrested on DUI Charge

Somse
04-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Third-year cornerback Leon Hall was stopped Sunday at 3:11 a.m. on Mount Carmel-Tobasco Road in Union Township.

The Ohio State Patrol said Hall's blood-alcohol level was .149, nearly twice the legal limit. Hall was charged with driving under the influence and driving left of center.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/19131141/detail.html

LonghornsLegend
04-10-2009, 12:22 PM
When I first heard about this, I thought it was ironic that it was Hall, knowing that at the time they drafted him they took him because he was a high character guy and they were trying to clean up their image lol.

I'm pretty sure they were expecting to not hear his name come up in any off the field issues.

Whistler6
04-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Doesn't deserve his own thread... Throw him in the "In Trouble With the Law Thread" like the rest of the "above the law" losers.

BaLLiN
04-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Doesn't deserve his own thread... Throw him in the "In Trouble With the Law Thread" like the rest of the "above the law" losers.

i agree, its not that huge of an off the field problem though, alot of normal people get DUIs, but alot less people shoot themselves in the leg or drive into other people

tylerb929
04-10-2009, 01:34 PM
i agree, its not that huge of an off the field problem though, alot of normal people get DUIs, but alot less people shoot themselves in the leg or drive into other people

The only difference between a DUI and driving into other people, is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

BaLLiN
04-10-2009, 01:37 PM
The only difference between a DUI and driving into other people, is being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

its still not murder, alot of people get DUIs

Splat
04-10-2009, 01:40 PM
i agree, its not that huge of an off the field problem though, alot of normal people get DUIs.

I don't see how other people doing it makes it not a big deal?

Somse
04-10-2009, 01:41 PM

What does the fact that a lot of people get DUIs have to do with anything?

Shahin
04-10-2009, 02:06 PM

No, dumbass, driving into other people and driving under the influence are completely different.

edit// This has been posted on the team forum a day or two ago

T-RICH49
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM

tell that to Nick Adenhart's family

bored of education
04-10-2009, 02:43 PM
I know some people think DUI's are not that bad. I have lost several friends due to drunk driven and I don't condone it at all even though I'm a hypocrite since I have gotten behind the wheel while under the influence many times. :/ I hate them, and I do think their is a difference between buzzed and drunk driven but the BAC doesn't lie.

Brent
04-10-2009, 02:49 PM
You can get a DUI for not meeting a cop's standards on a field sobriety test. Just ask my roommate who got arrested for DUI before he ever had his first alcoholic drink. It was dismissed in court but he was still arrested.

Somse
04-10-2009, 02:56 PM
You can get a DUI for not meeting a cop's standards on a field sobriety test. Just ask my roommate who got arrested for DUI before he ever had his first alcoholic drink. It was dismissed in court but he was still arrested.

Try reading the article next time...

Or even the blurb I quoted.

badgerbacker
04-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Obviously, based on Hall driving left of center and the .149 BAC he was certainly being dangerous and was lucky nobody was hurt. However, I think people are just trying to say that not all DUI's are quite as dangerous as others.

Brent
04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Try reading the article next time...

Or even the blurb I quoted.
I was making a comment about BOE's post, not yours.

Shahin
04-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Manslaughter.

Although he'll probably get pinned with murder if he was in fact drunk.

captainjack27
04-10-2009, 04:45 PM
There is no reason to get a ******* DUI...especially someone who can afford to call a damn cab...what an idiot.

MidwayMonster31
04-10-2009, 04:58 PM
Also responding to BOE's post, if you refuse the breathalyzer, you can still get arrested with suspicion of DUI, if the cop feels like arresting you. That happened to Tank Johnson before the Bears cut him. There is a difference between buzzed and drunk, but not big enough. Your reaction time and coordination are still impaired. Even if he was cooperative, Hall should be suspended during the season.

BaLLiN
04-10-2009, 05:24 PM

theres a difference between driving recklessly and driving intoxicated, driving intoxicated leads to recklessness but you could be not near any other vehicle and driving intoxicated.

Theres a clear difference.

edit: did he kill anyone or hit anything or anything like that? no, so clearly he was not that intoxicated. a DUI is nothing like killing someone.

Somse
04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
theres a difference between driving recklessly and driving intoxicated, driving intoxicated leads to recklessness but you could be not near any other vehicle and driving intoxicated.

Theres a clear difference.

You could also be driving recklessly not near any other vehicle...

ChezPower4
04-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Well he does play for the Bengals, we should expect nothing less from them.

Shahin
04-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Well he does play for the Bengals, we should expect nothing less from them.

You could also be driving recklessly not near any other vehicle...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1807/facepalmt.jpg

BandwagonPunditry
04-10-2009, 07:10 PM
The Ohio State Patrol said Hall's blood-alcohol level was .149, nearly twice the legal limit.

And he's pleaded not guilty...

Am I missing something here??

Brent
04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
And he's pleaded not guilty...

Am I missing something here??
His tolerance is off the charts?

PalmerToCJ
04-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I absolutely cannot stand people who get DUI's, I've said that several times on here. With that said, this isn't a big deal in terms of his character in the clubhouse or whatever... Just made an incredibly terrible and selfish decision.

ironman4579
04-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Damn Leon, making Michigan look bad!

Bengals78
04-10-2009, 11:30 PM
The part that makes me most upset about this is that it was Leon. As for the DUI part, he could plead not guilty based off of a false reading on his test. I do not condone what he did but at the same time it gets unreasonable responses from people because who he plays for. Personally I have seen more sympathy for Stallworth than outrage. If the punishment is usually like 4 games for DUI, what will his punishment be?

themaninblack
04-11-2009, 12:15 PM
The Cincinnati Police's motto is not "to protect and to serve" like any normal police force, rather it is "to annoy and harass". Now I'm not saying Leon wasn't in the wrong here but take that FWIW.

EDIT: The state highway patrol is no different.

The Legend
04-12-2009, 10:59 PM
How did he play last year?

mqtirishfan
04-12-2009, 11:04 PM
edit: did he kill anyone or hit anything or anything like that? no, so clearly he was not that intoxicated. a DUI is nothing like killing someone.

Heh, you just said that a person who blew a .142 and was driving on the wrong side of the ******* street wasn't that intoxicated.

mqtirishfan
04-12-2009, 11:06 PM
The Cincinnati Police's motto is not "to protect and to serve" like any normal police force, rather it is "to annoy and harass". Now I'm not saying Leon wasn't in the wrong here but take that FWIW.

EDIT: The state highway patrol is no different.

Did the Cincinnati police just add a 1 to his BAC number?

themaninblack
04-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Did the Cincinnati police just add a 1 to his BAC number?

I said I did not condone his actions and he is obviously in the wrong here. Just kind of venting with the whole Bengals arrest situation in general.

Sniper
04-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Damn Leon, making Michigan look bad!

No sweat. Donte Whitner and company took away the attention from Leon a couple days later.