PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Luke Petitgout

Bucs4242
03-07-2007, 03:39 AM
What do GiANTS FANS THINK OF HIM? Could he start at LT for the BUcs? Was it a good signing at 3 years 15 mil 3 mil guaranteed?

Jughead10
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
What do GiANTS FANS THINK OF HIM? Could he start at LT for the BUcs? Was it a good signing at 3 years 15 mil 3 mil guaranteed?

He is just injury prone. He has chronic back problems and last year broke his fibula. He is a much better run blocker than he is in pass protection.

bigbluedefense
03-07-2007, 08:27 AM
He is just injury prone. He has chronic back problems and last year broke his fibula. He is a much better run blocker than he is in pass protection.

The WCO will mask some of his pass protection issues though. Those 3 step drops will help him out. I think it was a good signing for Tampa, considering they got him for almost free. They should still invest in oline in the draft though, if not this year, definately next year bc Luke is a short term answer at best. With his injury prone nature, he might even see the field as much as you'd like which would make him useless.

Number 10
03-07-2007, 12:06 PM
hahahahahahahaha

I just saw that the Bucs play in Seattle next year. Expect about 5 false starts from Luke.

hugegmenfan
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
hahahahahahahaha

I just saw that the Bucs play in Seattle next year. Expect about 5 false starts from Luke.

haha that game 2 years ago was the most atrocious game of football i had ever seen- i wanted to kill luke
but he did cut down on penalties before he got hurt this year and was playing pretty well- he just frequently gets injured so buyer beware but its a good signing

Forenci
03-07-2007, 03:02 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Well, at least their kicker won't miss a given kick in overtime to lose it..sigh..I hate you Jay Feely.

On a more serious note, the Bucs picked up a pretty good player that should give them time (barring injury) to find their long term solution at Left Tackle. I just hope we can get a sure thing at left tackle so Eli doesn't get hammered more than usual.

hugepunch
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
imagine if feely doesnt miss the fg's that could have been a totally different season. maybe we would have had home field throughout the playoffs... also a super bowl ring maybe hmmm???

Slasher28
03-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Petitgout is good, but he's injury prone, misses blocks, and has frequent back spasims. Not worth 15 million, maybe 3 million

eacantdraft
03-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Pettilout was a player taken well before many scouts thought he should have been taken (4th round). He was one of Ernie Accorsi's head scratchers.

Better RT than LT. Has problems with false starts. He is by no means a savior.

etk
03-10-2007, 02:33 PM
hahahahahahahaha

Well maybe our kicker will kick a 62 yarder to win it for us in OT, instead of missing 3 of them. The first thing I thought of when I saw the signing was the false starts.

Crickett
03-10-2007, 03:12 PM

I think he is a below average LT, but a pretty good RT. I've been arguing for the Giants to cut him for years, but if there was ever a time they shouldn't have, it was this year.

hugepunch
03-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Pettilout was a player taken well before many scouts thought he should have been taken (4th round). He was one of Ernie Accorsi's head scratchers.

Better RT than LT. Has problems with false starts. He is by no means a savior.i remember we were going to take aaron gibson that year. he was 385 lbs.. dont think hes in the league anymore. EDIT: oh here he is http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133294