PDA

View Full Version : Trade Rumor Thread

d34ng3l021
04-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I thought there was one, but I did a half assed search and didn't find one. We can use this (or combine it with the real one) for lesser trade rumors than the bigger ones.

According to Mike Lombardi:

The Falcons are seriously considering trading for Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez and might even give up their second-round pick to make the deal.

Link (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/notes-from-lombardi-sunday-edition/)

This story has been picked up by ESPN (insider and the blogs) and is kind of interesting. While it seems like something the Falcons and TD wouldn't do (emphasis on building through the draft), but clearly the Falcons are trying to acquire a TE (tried to trade for Gonzo mid season last year, brought LJ Smith for a couple of visits, high on Pettigrew). I wouldn't mind this trade to be honest, because he would help a ton with Ryan's development (you could almost call Ryan spoiled with the weapons he would have) and could easily vault the Falcons offense into the top 5. He had a tremendous year last year and doesnt seem like he is going to slow down for another 2 years at the very least and would help a ton in the red zone (something the Falcons had a ton of trouble with at the beginning of last year). At the same time though, keeping a balanced and happy offense with Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Harry Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner would be a bit hard.

Hines
04-13-2009, 12:59 PM
I have read that the Steelers are interested in trading for Roscoe Parrish.

LonghornsLegend
04-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I have read that the Steelers are interested in trading for Roscoe Parrish.

And you give up what?

I want him on Dallas, but only if a 5th or 6th would get it done...He would fit in nicely returning punts and playing the slot for us, but I have no idea what Buffalo is asking for.

art vandelay
04-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Buffalo is asking for a 4th for Roscoe. The Browns were reportedly interested as well.

PACKmanN
04-13-2009, 01:54 PM
why does Buffalo want to trade him?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-13-2009, 01:59 PM
why does Buffalo want to trade him?

TO, Lee Evans, James Hardy, and Josh Reed possibly are ahead of him on the depth chart, Steve Johnson also had some flashes last season, and Leodis is returning kicks.

art vandelay
04-13-2009, 02:01 PM
TO, Lee Evans, James Hardy, and Josh Reed possibly are ahead of him on the depth chart, Steve Johnson also had some flashes last season, and Leodis is returning kicks.

Johnson is definitely ahead of him too. Parrish wants to be more involved as a receiver in the offense, he always mentions it in interviews. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow initiated/asked to be traded. He is way overpaid right now for his role as a #6 WR and a punt returner.

Hines
04-13-2009, 02:30 PM
I would give up a 4th for him. He would be our number 4 reciever and bring an imediate impact to the return game.

Strongside
04-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I would give up a 4th for Parrish too. He would definitely be an improvement over Baker/Nance and we would finally have a steady returner.

nobodyinparticular
04-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I know I was (fairly) high on him as a prospect, but I don't feel that a punt returner and a guy who may never give you a return on offense is worth a 4th.

PoopSandwich
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Jeeze if this happens the NFC South would be loaded with TE's (Winslow Shockey and Gonzalez.)

brat316
04-13-2009, 04:57 PM

how did Hardy get ahead of him?

Sveen
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Not a rumor, but a long snapper just got traded :D

Panthers acquired LS J.J. Jansen from the Packers in exchange for an undisclosed draft choice in 2011. (http://www.carolinagrowl.com/Read.aspx?Story=1055)

wicket
04-13-2009, 05:23 PM
not even a 2010 draft pick but a 2011

bored of education
04-13-2009, 05:28 PM
not even a 2010 draft pick but a 2011

I will trade you a box of oreos for a 2013 1st rounder!

nevermind those oroes are mine!

cdf_2108
04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
It would have to be multiple choices and very high choices to get Cassel," ESPN analyst and former Tennessee Titans general manager Floyd Reese said. "Two first-rounders, or a one and a two and a three ... It'll be something very, very expensive." GENIUS!

nevermind those oroes are mine!

Floyd Reese now works for the Patriots as a consultant. Obviously he's gonna play up Cassel's value and quite frankly, if the Patriots had more leverage (i.e. not another franchise QB under contract and Cassel franchised tagged and not signed to a long term deal), Cassel probably would've been worth a 1st and maybe a three.

People forget that trading for Cassel comes with the expectation that you have to sign him to a long-term deal whereas Cutler already had a deal in place so you didn't have to worry about shelling too much Guaranteed MOney at him right away.

bored of education
04-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Floyd Reese now works for the Patriots as a consultant. Obviously he's gonna play up Cassel's value and quite frankly, if the Patriots had more leverage (i.e. not another franchise QB under contract and Cassel franchised tagged and not signed to a long term deal), Cassel probably would've been worth a 1st and maybe a three.

People forget that trading for Cassel comes with the expectation that you have to sign him to a long-term deal whereas Cutler already had a deal in place so you didn't have to worry about shelling too much Guaranteed MOney at him right away.

Ummm lol. I know he is, he was hired about 10 days after he said the quote in my sig.

T-RICH49
04-13-2009, 06:48 PM
If we trade Tony I will have a bigger meltdown then Britney Spears

SimonRath
04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
I thought there was one, but I did a half assed search and didn't find one. We can use this (or combine it with the real one) for lesser trade rumors than the bigger ones.

According to Mike Lombardi:

Link (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/04/notes-from-lombardi-sunday-edition/)

This story has been picked up by ESPN (insider and the blogs) and is kind of interesting. While it seems like something the Falcons and TD wouldn't do (emphasis on building through the draft), but clearly the Falcons are trying to acquire a TE (tried to trade for Gonzo mid season last year, brought LJ Smith for a couple of visits, high on Pettigrew). I wouldn't mind this trade to be honest, because he would help a ton with Ryan's development (you could almost call Ryan spoiled with the weapons he would have) and could easily vault the Falcons offense into the top 5. He had a tremendous year last year and doesnt seem like he is going to slow down for another 2 years at the very least and would help a ton in the red zone (something the Falcons had a ton of trouble with at the beginning of last year). At the same time though, keeping a balanced and happy offense with Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Harry Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, and Michael Turner would be a bit hard.

yeah i'd do that. he can still be very dangerous for the next 3-5 years

gpngc
04-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Per rotoworld a Gonzalez to Atlanta deal is imminent and would probably be for the 55th pick in the draft. Apparently he's cleaned out his locker.

NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reports that there's an "80-85 percent chance" that Tony Gonzalez will be dealt to the Falcons this offseason.
Lombardi says Gonzo has already cleared his Chiefs locker in anticipation of a deal. The Chiefs lost their second-round pick in February's Matt Cassel trade and are reportedly willing to send Gonzalez to Atlanta for the No. 55 overall pick. Gonzo recently turned 33, but obviously can still play. He caught 96 passes for 1,058 yards (11.0 YPC) and 10 touchdowns in 2008.

SimonRath
04-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Per rotoworld a Gonzalez to Atlanta deal is imminent and would probably be for the 55th pick in the draft. Apparently he's cleaned out his locker.

:D
(10 characters)

Flyboy
04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
What the hell is it with the NFC South and trading for TEs?

NO: Shockey.
TB: Winslow II.
ATL: Gonzo?

SeanTaylorRIP
04-13-2009, 07:55 PM
What the hell is it with the NFC South and trading for TEs?

NO: Shockey.
TB: Winslow II.
ATL: Gonzo?

All who will not match previous success.

Flyboy
04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I think Winslow could if he could get a QB to throw to him.

SimonRath
04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
All who will not match previous success.

if Shockey can stay healthy then he'll do good.
Winslow, idk about him. They got to many QB questions.
I can see Gonzo having a big year

gpngc
04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
I thought Shockey was going to be the steal of the fantasy football world last season based on Brees-Gates. It ended up being one of those picks you were so upset you missed out on at the time of the draft but then look back on it and thank the person who took him.

Here's a list of guys who have been involved in trade rumors and could be traded on draft day (feel free to add more):

RB Larry Johnson
OG Brian Waters
DE Julius Peppers
WR Braylon Edwards
QB Brady Quinn
OT Jason Peters
WR Roscoe Parrish
WR Chad Johnson
RB Edgerrin James

SuperMcGee
04-13-2009, 08:22 PM
how did Hardy get ahead of him?

If he was healthy, we probably would've had a bigger role planned for Hardy than we would for Parrish this year. He's got 4 or 5 receivers ahead of him and I was a fan of when we lined up Fred Jackson, though those opportunities won't be as necessary as they were when Parrish was our #3.

d34ng3l021
04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Wow 80-85% chance? Thats huge.

adschofield
04-13-2009, 08:54 PM
Great trade for both KC and ATL...ATL will love Tony G...He's an absolute stud.

art vandelay
04-13-2009, 08:55 PM
Jason Peters is likely to be traded as well. As much as we don't want to trade him, the Bills reportedly want to start negotiations at 9.5 mil but Peters won't even listen to offers that start at less than 11 mil.

adschofield
04-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Brian Waters has requested a trade as well.

Thumper
04-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Jason Peters is likely to be traded as well. As much as we don't want to trade him, the Bills reportedly want to start negotiations at 9.5 mil but Peters won't even listen to offers that start at less than 11 mil.

I REALLY hope he isn't an Eagle after draft day.

art vandelay
04-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I REALLY hope he isn't an Eagle after draft day.

According to Michael Smith, the Eagles and Bills have been in very serious discussions regarding Peters. Hopefully the Eagles pull the trigger on the Bills asking price of a 1st and a 3rd on draft day:)

Thumper
04-13-2009, 09:14 PM
According to Michael Smith, the Eagles and Bills have been in very serious discussions regarding Peters. Hopefully the Eagles pull the trigger on the Bills asking price of a 1st and a 3rd on draft day:)

I hate you. :(

I do NOT want him at all.

T-RICH49
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm not buying the Gonzo trade.makes no sense to me you just traded for Cassel now why would you be taking weapons away from him

RaiderNation
04-13-2009, 11:22 PM
I hope Peters isnt traded to PHI. PHI should trade up to #7 and get Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe if he falls

04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
I hope Peters isnt traded to PHI. PHI should trade up to #7 and get Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe if he falls

That's what any Raider fan should be hoping. Give us #21 and #28 and we'll gladly select Alex Mack and Hakeem Nicks with those picks.

RaiderNation
04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
That's what any Raider fan should be hoping. Give us #21 and #28 and we'll gladly select Alex Mack and Hakeem Nicks with those picks.

Waste of a pick on Mack IMO. Satele is allready a year ahead of him and we already gave up a pick for him. Id go DHB with 21 and English with 28.

d34ng3l021
04-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm not buying the Gonzo trade.makes no sense to me you just traded for Cassel now why would you be taking weapons away from him

In order to build for the future and get a 2nd round pick back? I dont know.

Plus, who needs more weapons when you have Bowe.

PoopSandwich
04-13-2009, 11:52 PM

That and I doubt the Chiefs will be a playoff team for another couple years so they may as well get young pieces into place now.

Gonzalez is a great player, he is worth a 2nd round pick if Winslow is.

BlindSite
04-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Honestly Peppers is handcuffing himself because the team cannot talk to anyone without him having signed the tender. So he's not going anywhere fast. I like Roscoe Parrish's chances of ending up somewhere else.

d34ng3l021
04-14-2009, 01:30 AM
I dont know the validity of this article, but

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/4/13/834400/chiefs-reject-falcons-offer-for

SimonRath
04-14-2009, 07:21 AM

dammit!! ;(

Splat
04-14-2009, 07:34 AM

If this trade goes down Bowe is going to have a hard time getting open with no other real weapon out there.

T-RICH49
04-14-2009, 07:39 AM
If this trade goes down Bowe is going to have a hard time getting open with no other real weapon out there.

If this trade goes down with the release of WIll Franklin then Crabtree may very well be in play at 3

thefalconer
04-14-2009, 07:52 AM

whew. relief.

scar988
04-14-2009, 08:03 AM
thank god. I don't want Gonzo in ATL.

Splat
04-14-2009, 08:07 AM
thank god. I don't want Gonzo in ATL.

Thats good because you can't have him.

bored of education
04-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Well, that will raise Cassel's fantasy value :D

SimonRath
04-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Thats good because you can't have him.

but i want him :(

Splat
04-14-2009, 08:40 AM
but i want him :(

As you should...

BOE wants to have his baby but we can't have everything we want now can we?

SimonRath
04-14-2009, 08:42 AM
As you should...

BOE wants to have his baby but we can't have everything we want now can we?

yeah i guess..

BaLLiN
04-14-2009, 11:20 AM
a good recieving TE for matt ryan would be great, at BC he relied on Ryan Purvis and did well, Purivs is only a balanced TE, i wonder what he could do with a guy like Shawn Nelson or Jared Cook

brat316
04-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:38 am EDT
Bills leaning toward trading OT Peters?

Unable to come to terms on a contract extension with left tackle Chris Peters, the Buffalo News reported the Buffalo Bills may be leaning toward trading the Pro Bowl tackle, considered the best at his position in the NFL.

According to the report, the Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals, Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions, Oakland Raiders, St. Louis Rams, Cincinnati Bengals and Seattle Seahawks are all potential trade partners. The price to get Peters? A first and third round draft choice, according to the News.

Peters is more of a sure thing than anyone those teams might draft. The Rams, Seahawks and Bengals may not part with their first pick, and it's not certain the Bills would want to take on the massive salary a top-six pick is sure to get. But the teams might consider a package of second and fifth-round picks instead, according to the report.

everyone pretty much knew this

Splat
04-14-2009, 11:26 AM
a good recieving TE for Matt Cassel would be great.

Fixed your post..

BaLLiN
04-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Fixed your post..

Dwayne Bowe is all he needs :)

Splat
04-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Sources: Giants expected to land Edwards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-giantspursueedwards041409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

TitleTown088
04-14-2009, 02:19 PM
everyone pretty much knew this
Who the hell is Chris Peters...?

HawkEye30
04-14-2009, 03:35 PM
not sure how much faith you have in yahoo sports, but supposedly the giants are trying to get edwards before the draft

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArA9JsZ.8PirgL3NTqyUpag5nYcB?slug=jc-giantspursueedwards041409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

P.S sorry splat i didn't see your post

IndyColtScout
04-14-2009, 03:36 PM
If I were PHI, I'de be offering Reggie Brown, #28 and a 3rd. Might beat out the Giants.

adschofield
04-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Schefter reporting that he thinks the Chiefs will land Peppers on draft day.

Also, the Chiefs are wanting a second day pick with the 2nd rounder...supposedly.

T-RICH49
04-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Schefter reporting that he thinks the Chiefs will land Peppers on draft day..

where is Schefter?I have'nt seen him on NFLN in a while

T-RICH49
04-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Dwayne Bowe and Micheal Crabtree are all he needs :)

Fixed your post :D

bored of education
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
where is Schefter?I have'nt seen him on NFLN in a while

Contract negotiations. He wants Mort money = 1.0 mil a year or so.

bored of education
04-14-2009, 03:47 PM
Peppers and Carolina's 2nd for number 3? lol

kill me now if that happens!

BaLLiN
04-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Peppers and Carolina's 2nd for number 3? lol

kill me now if that happens!

yeah that sounds horrible, pair that with his contract and that sounds really dumb

vidae
04-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Oh god please no.

T-RICH49
04-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Peppers and 2nd for TG and Waters?

hey I'm throwing stuff out there

gpngc
04-14-2009, 07:35 PM
Where/when did Schefter say Peppers to KC?

I think the Braylon thing will happen soon. They are probably working on an extension as well as compensation. The Giants have too much ammo to not get a deal done and there's been way too much smoke for there not be fire...

art vandelay
04-18-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm absolutely loving this! Get it done Buff!!

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson
April 17th, 2009 ∑ No Comments

The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson, which would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years, several sources tell ProFootballCentral. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Pro Bowler Marcus Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills don’t think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

Splat
04-18-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm absolutely loving this! Get it done Buff!!

http://www.profootballcentral.com/

Bills Looking Into Acquiring John Henderson
April 17th, 2009 ∑ No Comments

The Buffalo Bills could now be trying to trade there new fourth round draft pick that they just acquired from the Philadelphia Eagles (121 overall) to the Jacksonville Jaguars for defensive tackle John Henderson, which would reunite Marcus Stroud and Henderson who were a dynamic duo in Jacksonville for several years, several sources tell ProFootballCentral. There are many outlets that are labeling the Bills in need for a tackle, defensive end and tightend and while those three needs are correct, so is the need for a dominate defensive tackle to line up next to Pro Bowler Marcus Stroud. The Bills do have Kyle Williams, Spencer Johnson and former first round draft pick John McCargo all on there roster but as of now, none of them have established themselves as a legitimate starter next to Stroud. Henderson, did have a drop off year last year and may have fell out of favor with head coach Del Rio who is rumored to be looking to go young at the defensive tackle position and has been pondering trading the eight year veteran. One thing that is for sure, is that if the Bills donít think that Henderson is an intense player then they need to look at this video.

I don't see the Jags making that deal.

Splat
04-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Where/when did Schefter say Peppers to KC?

It was on the radio but he didn't say the Chiefs would land Peppers he said they could be in the mix big difference.

art vandelay
04-18-2009, 10:01 AM
I just read that Kansas City and Buffalo have discussed a Roscoe Parrish trade. Perhaps Pioli sees Roscoe as a Wes Welker type? I always did, but the Bills organization sure didn't, haha.

Leon Sandcastle
04-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I think he can be a Wes Welker type of player. Thing is the Bills coaching staff is so inept they don't know how to use him.

Now I doubt the Jaguars are shopping Henderson for only a 4th but sign me up as a Bills fan.

It'll probably be similar to the trade between the Bills and Jaguars last year with Stroud.

I'm guessing a 3rd and a 5th.

SuperMcGee
04-18-2009, 02:10 PM
I just read that Kansas City and Buffalo have discussed a Roscoe Parrish trade. Perhaps Pioli sees Roscoe as a Wes Welker type? I always did, but the Bills organization sure didn't, haha.

That's because Roscoe Parrish is not good at getting open.

Matthew Jones
04-18-2009, 02:24 PM
If we trade Tony I will have a bigger meltdown then Britney Spears

Do I smell a bet? Tony Gonzalez gets traded, you channel your inner Britney and shave your head with pics?

EDIT: If Gonzo isn't traded, I will do the same.

This might have been because Ben Watson was his tight end last year but Matt Cassel really didn't look to go TE very much in 2008. If he plays this year like he did last year, Gonzalez wouldn't have that great of a year anyways. He'd then be 34 on a rebuilding team, most likely with diminished trade value and a big cap number.

Thumper
04-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I read something on ESPn but it was insider so I couldn't read it but the title mentioned Boldin traveling to Philadelphia. Will the Eagles trade their 2nd first for Boldin?

TitanHope
04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Sheldon Brown has reportedly asked to be traded.

Someone break the news to Sniper when I'm not around...

Malaka
04-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Sheldon Brown has reportedly asked to be traded.

Someone break the news to Sniper when I'm not around...

I don't get it why he would do that?... Lito Sheppard isn't there and he's being paid pretty well as a #2 corner, and he was actually better than Asante Samuel even though he had less INTs he was a much better cover corner IMO.

BaLLiN
04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't get it why he would do that?... Lito Sheppard isn't there and he's being paid pretty well as a #2 corner, and he was actually better than Asante Samuel even though he had less INTs he was a much better cover corner IMO.

i heard he let up the least amount of yardage per completion after Asmougah(dont think i spelled it right) and Revis. But he didnt look good at all in the playoffs

Gay Ork Wang
04-20-2009, 03:44 PM
i heard he let up the least amount of yardage per completion after Asmougah(dont think i spelled it right) and Revis. But he didnt look good at all in the playoffs
well the first TD he allowed was the one to Fitz in the playoffs.

its Asomugha

TitanHope
04-20-2009, 04:04 PM

NFL Live cited him as saying he felt there was a "lack of respect." I'll look around to see if any sites have an article about it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4084051#

About at the 0:55 mark it brings it up. That's all I can find for now. Seems like he wants to renegotiate his contract, which has 4 years left, and the Eagles aren't willing to do it.

gpngc
04-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I read something on ESPn but it was insider so I couldn't read it but the title mentioned Boldin traveling to Philadelphia. Will the Eagles trade their 2nd first for Boldin?

I hate to spoil the secret of ESPN insider for everyone but here it is:

ESPN insider's rumor central is simply a collection of rumors gathered from various newspapers and other websites such as The National Football Post and Pro Football Talk. Basically, you can get the same exact information from PFT, the national football post, rotoworld, local newspapers, etc.

And yea, the article basically had the same quotes everyone has along the lines of "nothing is out of the question." Which basically isn't saying "no." But nothing is imminent by any stretch, despite the provocative title on the main page over there.

bearsfan_51
04-20-2009, 04:11 PM
"Lack of respect" = Give me more money

d34ng3l021
04-20-2009, 04:34 PM
I hear Glenn Dorsey might be on the trading block.

EDIT

A potential draft-day trade between the Chiefs and Falcons could become a reality, since the Falcons need a DT to replace Grady Jackson, and the Chiefs are looking to move DT Glenn Dorsey, and acquire more picks...

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/als09scoop.html

A response to an email inquiring about the Dorsey-Falcons trade:

The rumor of Dorsey being available in a trade started out as pure speculation on my part seeing that he doesn't fit the Chiefs scheme and the Chiefs are short on picks in the draft. But since I posted that back in early March I believe, I've spoken with several contacts that all believe that Dorsey will indeed be dangled by the Chiefs this week and on draft day itself. One contact that I talked to pointed out that he believes Dorsey's worth on the market is a first round pick, but not a top ten selection, since his lack of value to the Chiefs diminishes his trade value. He even believes the Chiefs would be willing to part with Dorsey for a mid to late first round pick.

T-RICH49
04-20-2009, 04:41 PM
I hear Glenn Dorsey might be on the trading block.

sadly I heard that as well.

senormysterioso
04-20-2009, 04:45 PM
That seems kind of foolish. I understand being nervous that he's not the kind of player you want for the new 3-4 but why not give him a year at least to see what he can do? Obviously the guy is an athlete and he's got some talent, is his value honestly that much better now than it will be in a year if it doesn't work out?

d34ng3l021
04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
That seems kind of foolish. I understand being nervous that he's not the kind of player you want for the new 3-4 but why not give him a year at least to see what he can do? Obviously the guy is an athlete and he's got some talent, is his value honestly that much better now than it will be in a year if it doesn't work out?

I honestly would think so. He was a top 5 pick last year and one of the best overall players in the draft. Right now, a trade for him would probably cost a team a mid - late first round pick, which is outstanding value for a 4-3 UT who seemingly has no place in a 3-4. A year or two down the line, I dont know...he already had a sub par rookie season.

bored of education
04-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I honestly would think so. He was a top 5 pick last year and one of the best overall players in the draft. Right now, a trade for him would probably cost a team a mid - late first round pick, which is outstanding value for a 4-3 UT who seemingly has no place in a 3-4. A year or two down the line, I dont know...he already had a sub par rookie season.

You can't put the full blame on him. Put it on the coaching having him lined up as an NT. :/ Frigging A

Flyboy
04-20-2009, 06:03 PM
*shakes head*

Sometimes I just don't understand teams.

The Legend
04-20-2009, 06:22 PM
What's Browns trade value?

Jets traded two 4th round picks (1 this yr 1 next yr )for Lito right?

I'm thinking it has to be higher then that

B.Edwards for S.Brown & 2nd Round Pick?

Thumper
04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
Call me crazy but I have a feeling I've seen this before. An Eagles corner complaining about money.

His trade value is high because he is a great man to man corner and one of the best in the NFL. However he is 30 so I don't think his value is as high as it could be.

Go_Eagles77
04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Sheldon is a great cover corner, is great in run support, and hits like a safety. His only weakness is he doesn't have great ball skills. I think we can get a decent compensation for him despite his age.

brat316
04-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Sheldon knows his time is up soon, he is 30 and another younger corner on the team just signed a 5 year deal.

Matthew Jones
04-20-2009, 07:08 PM
*shakes head*

Sometimes I just don't understand teams.

Well, the decision makers in the organization have all been changed, and obviously they're going to have different evaluations than the guys who picked these players. That said, I do agree getting rid of Dorsey is a bad idea. It's actually funny, everyone was talking about how great Glenn Dorsey would be for the Patriots last year as a 3-4 end to replace Seymour, and now everyone is talking about how horrible Glenn Dorsey would be for the Chiefs this year as a 3-4 end.

Thumper
04-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Who wants Brown and what are you willing to give up?

SimonRath
04-20-2009, 07:29 PM

id take Dorsey over almost anyone whos gonna be available at the Falcons 1st round pick

B-Dawk
04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
I believe it someone in the pats organization who liked Dorsey, can't remember who, but clearly it wasnt Pioli.

BaLLiN
04-20-2009, 07:51 PM
why cant this god damned braylon trade happen, its really annoying me >: (

Brent
04-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Who wants Brown and what are you willing to give up?
You can have Mark Roman... and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

scottyboy
04-20-2009, 07:56 PM

because we're staying at 29 and picking Britt who'll be better than Braylon

brat316
04-20-2009, 07:59 PM

I think Britt will end up going higher than Nicks. Britt is more a polished WR than Nicks, and Britt gets open by his good route running. Nicks gets open usually because of blown coverage, not that he doesn't get open sometimes on his own, but he doesn't get open using his speed or route running. And he'll have a much harder time getting open in the NFL because of his lack of speed.

Thumper
04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
You can have Mark Roman... and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

Cool Ranch Doritos? Tempting. Very Very Tempting...

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
What's Browns trade value?

Jets traded two 4th round picks (1 this yr 1 next yr )for Lito right?

I'm thinking it has to be higher then that

B.Edwards for S.Brown & 2nd Round Pick?

It's conditional next year. It can be anywhere from a 4th to a second, depending on performance and how much he plays.

He probably has somewhere between a third and second round value. If that said A. Boldin instead I'd like it more, but I could live with that if that happened.

eaglesalltheway
04-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Don't expect Lito traded though, the team has sait it, and I really can't see why we would.

d34ng3l021
04-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I would really really like for the Falcons to trade for Brown. He can be a short term solution to our CB problems for a small price while also adding veteran presence to a ridiculously young and inexperienced secondary.

PoopSandwich
04-21-2009, 03:26 PM

It's probably gonna be a late Friday early Saturday deal if it happens at all, gonna have to be patient.

Splat
04-21-2009, 04:14 PM
I really don't see Sheldon Brown being traded.

BaLLiN
04-21-2009, 04:38 PM

lol scotty ill be really mad at you if youre wrong, about britt being better than braylon

BaLLiN
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
It's probably gonna be a late Friday early Saturday deal if it happens at all, gonna have to be patient.

well, i think if the thing is cleveland is asking for more, itll probably happen, someone is going to fall that they are interested in, i feel it

SimonRath
04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
I would really really like for the Falcons to trade for Brown. He can be a short term solution to our CB problems for a small price while also adding veteran presence to a ridiculously young and inexperienced secondary.

what would it cost to get him?

TitanHope
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Many Eagles fans will say Sheldon Brown out played Asante Samuel last season, and that Samuel gets the recognition because he gets the INT's. But Brown didn't give up a TD til the postseason, and he gave up very few receptions and yards per catch. Now, Jim Johnson helped him with that, but still.

I think it'd take a 2nd RD pick to just get the Eagles on the phone.

Bucs_Rule
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM

It is speculated that the Browns are waiting to see if Crabtree falls to them before they decide whether to trade Edwards.

Splat
04-22-2009, 02:53 PM
Report: Eagles In The Lead for Tony Gonzalez (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/report-eagles-in-the-lead-for-tony-gonzalez/)

Go_Eagles77
04-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I don't really want the eagles to go after Gonzalez, I would rather just take the best available TE in the draft in the 2nd or 3rd round.

TaintJohnson
04-22-2009, 03:48 PM
It is speculated that the Browns are waiting to see if Crabtree falls to them before they decide whether to trade Edwards.

One might think so, or perhaps not....
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/04/tony_grossis_blog_cleveland_br_2.html

Tony Grossi's blog: Cleveland Browns passing on Michael Crabtree
by Tony Grossi/Plain Dealer Reporter
Wednesday April 22, 2009, 10:41 AM

Crabtree was reportedly "not nice" during his pre-draft visit to Berea last week.
CLEVELAND -- The Browns have all but crossed off Michael Crabtree as a candidate for the No. 5 overall pick, said a source.

The Texas Tech receiver brought a diva attitude on his visit to the club facility last week and did not impress coach Eric Mangini and others, the source said. In fact, Crabtree was described by some in the building as "not nice." After Crabtree left, Mangini secured last-minute workouts with borderline first-round receivers Hakeem Nicks of North Carolina, Kenny Britt of Rutgers and Mohamed Massaquoi of Georgia.

Lots of misinformation coming out of Cleveland these days.

Scotty D
04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe Mangini is just a douchebag?

Flyboy
04-22-2009, 04:37 PM
And a dumbass?

d34ng3l021
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Report: Eagles In The Lead for Tony Gonzalez (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/report-eagles-in-the-lead-for-tony-gonzalez/)

Apparently KC rejected the Falcons trade because they weren't happy with a 2nd round pick, but now the Eagles are in the lead after valuing Gonzalez as a 3rd round pick? All right...

Mr. Hero
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
If I were a prospect I'd be an asshole to Cleveland too, anything to avoid Staph.

I'm pretty certain I hate the city of cleveland more than anyone on this board. If I were a prospect I'd pull an LT every time I played against cleveland, and rail yay during half time til I can't feel the pain and just want to go out and kill again.

CC.SD
04-22-2009, 05:01 PM
If I were a prospect I'd be an asshole to Cleveland too, anything to avoid Staph.

bearsfan_51
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Wow, it's even better the second time you said it?

Splat
04-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Apparently KC rejected the Falcons trade because they weren't happy with a 2nd round pick, but now the Eagles are in the lead after valuing Gonzalez as a 3rd round pick? All right...

I didn't really buy it just thought I would post it hard to believe any thing you read or hear this week its like April Fools all week long.

kalbears13
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't believe anything that happens with the Browns organization anymore. With Romeo and Savage you would hear about it and it would happen. With Mangini and Kokinis it's pretty hush hush. It could be because they're doing a good job smokescreening or they have no idea what they're doing. I'm hoping it's the first.

NIN1984
04-23-2009, 11:12 AM
the Raiders are listening to offers for running back Justin Fargas, quarterback Andrew Walter, cornerback Stanford Routt, safety Michael Huff and defensive end Derrick Burgess.

Splat
04-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Source: Eagles Shopping Shawn Andrews (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/source-eagles-shopping-shawn-andrews/)

Sniper
04-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Source: Eagles Shopping Shawn Andrews (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/23/source-eagles-shopping-shawn-andrews/)

BRB, going to kill myself.

D-Unit
04-23-2009, 12:36 PM
BRB, going to kill myself.
John Clayton was saying something like Andrews and Sheldon Brown to Cleveland for Braylon and a swap of firsts.

Shawn Andrews
Sheldon Brown

for

Braylon Edwards

NY+Giants=NYG
04-23-2009, 12:39 PM
John Clayton was saying something like Andrews and Sheldon Brown to Cleveland for Braylon and a swap of firsts.

Shawn Andrews
Sheldon Brown

for

Braylon Edwards

I just heard that too, lol, or more like read it on BBI.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 12:39 PM

Shawn Andrews
Sheldon Brown

for

Braylon Edwards

I can't see that. Looks like a huge steal for the Eagles.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 12:41 PM

For the Eagles? **** no. Brown was an elite-level corner last year and Andrews is one of the best OG in the game. Plus, whether they like their deals or not, Brown and Andrews have cap-friendly contracts. I can't see the Eagles doing that deal.

D-Unit
04-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Except Braylon really isn't that good and teams are trying to trade OUT of the top 5. I could see a slight edge for the Eagles, but it's not some HUGE steal.

Interesting rumor, but John Clayton is baloney.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
For the Eagles? **** no. Brown was an elite-level corner last year and Andrews is one of the best OG in the game. Plus, whether they like their deals or not, Brown and Andrews have cap-friendly contracts. I can't see the Eagles doing that deal.

Andrews is a huge question mark with his depression. Brown is a good corner but he's 30 years old and Edwards has more value than him. Then to get the #5 pick in the draft as well...

brat316
04-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Its because Andrews is being a ***** and asking for a new deal, since he signed a long term extension. At the time he was getting paid good, now compared to his brother he is making crap. Andrews has I think 4 years left on the deal. 6/40 million in 06 was good. Maybe should have been smart and taken short term deals.

At least the Eagles can replace him easily, last year he didn't play and his back up did pretty damn good.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Andrews is a huge question mark with his depression. Brown is a good corner but he's 30 years old and Edwards has more value than him. Then to get the #5 pick in the draft as well...

A WR doesn't hold more value in Philly compared to a good cover corner.

brat316
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM

and pay #5 money. 30 is the new 28, for most players now except for Rbs.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
A WR doesn't hold more value in Philly compared to a good cover corner.

Says who?

Sniper
04-23-2009, 12:57 PM

Says who?

The Eagles' actions in the Andy Reid era.

Hines
04-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Kevin Colbert,

Get Shawn Andrews.

Love ya,
HinesWardJr

T-RICH49
04-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Scott you know what must be done

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:02 PM
The Eagles' actions in the Andy Reid era.

Terrell Owens? DeSean Jackson? They've tried their luck with some top WRs.

No matter how you slice it up, I can't see Brown having more value than Edwards. Brown is going to be pissing and moaning about a new contract as well.

Don Vito
04-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Terrell Owens? DeSean Jackson? They've tried their luck with some top WRs.

No matter how you slice it up, I can't see Brown having more value than Edwards. Brown is going to be pissing and moaning about a new contract as well.

Sheldon Brown? Lito Sheppard? Asante Samuel? Bobby Taylor? Al Harris? Corner has been one of, if not THE strength of the Eagles for years now. Great secondary play has been key to their success.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Sheldon Brown? Lito Sheppard? Asante Samuel? Bobby Taylor? Al Harris? Corner has been one of, if not THE strength of the Eagles for years now. Great secondary play has been key to their success.

I'm not saying it hasn't been, but Edwards is going to have more of an impact for the Eagles than Brown will in my opinion. Plus there's already a rift between Brown and the Eagles...

Gay Ork Wang
04-23-2009, 01:06 PM
thats also what the blitz heavy Johnson scheme depends on

Splat
04-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm not saying it hasn't been, but Edwards is going to have more of an impact for the Eagles than Brown will in my opinion.

How by dropping balls and wanting a new deal that will pay him like a top WR which he isn't.

DiG
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM

the rest of your list is legit but al harris sucked in philly. hes legit now but in philly he was no good.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm not saying it hasn't been, but Edwards is going to have more of an impact for the Eagles than Brown will in my opinion. Plus there's already a rift between Brown and the Eagles...

Great! You completely missed the point! Great job!

A very good cornerback has more value in Philadelphia than a very good WR. What's Brown going to do if he doesn't get traded? Sit out the season? Please. You can't run Philly's D without a great secondary. You can run a WCO without a badass WR. It's not a great idea, but it can be done. The Eagles had the #6 offense in ppg last year without a top WR.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Great! You completely missed the point! Great job!

A very good cornerback has more value in Philadelphia than a very good WR. What's Brown going to do if he doesn't get traded? Sit out the season? Please. You can't run Philly's D without a great secondary. You can run a WCO without a badass WR. It's not a great idea, but it can be done. The Eagles had the #6 offense in ppg last year without a top WR.

Edwards is 26 and entering his prime. Brown is 30 and leaving his prime. I just think Edwards has more value. You have a different opinion and I don't think either of us are going to convince the other one of our point of view.

Anyways, I would take this trade in a second with Philadelphia. Get rid of two headaches in Brown and Andrews and get the 5th overall pick and a top receiver to pair with Jackson.

Splat
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
ESPN's is saying Gonzo to the Falcons is looking more like a sure thing.:(

Sniper
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Edwards is 26 and entering his prime. Brown is 30 and leaving his prime. I just think Edwards has more value. You have a different opinion and I don't think either of us are going to convince the other one of our point of view.

Anyways, I would take this trade in a second with Philadelphia. Get rid of two headaches in Brown and Andrews and get the 5th overall pick and a top receiver to pair with Jackson.

And take who with the #5 pick?

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:36 PM

Trade down would be ideal but unlikely, possible though if certain players drop.

It depends who is available but Curry and Orakpo are options.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Trade down would be ideal but unlikely, possible though if certain players drop.

It depends who is available but Curry and Orakpo are options.

So the Eagles would take arguably their least valued position (LB) in the top 5? Okay then.

The need for a backup DE isn't big enough to warrant taking one at 5.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:39 PM

Exactly, we wouldn't take anyone (We would have to trade back), because we don't have a need for anyone who is in the top 10. We are fine where we are now, and losing two elite players at their respective positions would not be a fair deal at all for the Eagles.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
So the Eagles would take arguably their least valued position (LB) in the top 5? Okay then.

The need for a backup DE isn't big enough to warrant taking one at 5.

It doesn't have to be a "need" pick. The Eagles rarely play rookies anyway.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Exactly, we wouldn't take anyone (We would have to trade back), because we don't have a need for anyone who is in the top 10. We are fine where we are now, and losing two elite players at their respective positions would not be a fair deal at all for the Eagles.

Shawn Andrews can't be considered elite at this point with his baggage. Brown is 30+ years old at CB, which lowers his value substantially.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
It doesn't have to be a "need" pick. The Eagles rarely play rookies anyway.

False. The Eagles play rookies if they feel that they're ready to contribute. If you're picking a guy in the top 5, he better contribute.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Shawn Andrews can't be considered elite at this point with his baggage. Brown is 30+ years old at CB, which lowers his value substantially.

Shawn Andrews can be considered elite by anyone who has watched him play,

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:45 PM

So the guy has had some off field problems, which he has worked through, and now he isn't elite? How does that affect him on the field? He is one of the elite Guards in the NFL, whether you like it or not, and anyone who doesn't know that is either ignorant or hasn't watched him play. Ask a Cowboys fan here, I'm sure they would even back us up on this one.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:46 PM
False. The Eagles play rookies if they feel that they're ready to contribute. If you're picking a guy in the top 5, he better contribute.

What rookies have started for them in year one? DeSean Jackson? Can't think of many more off the top of my head.

Orakpo would see time and Curry would obviously start.

Problem with the Eagles is they're a talented team already and don't have many obvious holes. That said, you can never have enough good football players and that's exactly what they'd get at #5.

Is Sanchez a darkhorse at #5 if available?

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:47 PM
Shawn Andrews can be considered elite by anyone who has watched him play,

He was good before that whole depression thing. Until I see him dominate on the field again, he is a question mark in my books.

Sniper
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
What rookies have started for them in year one? DeSean Jackson? Can't think of many more off the top of my head.

Mike Patterson, Reggie Brown, Quintin Demps (KR), Omar Gaither (I think), Shawn Andrews etc...

Curry would obviously start.

According to who? You? Stewart Bradley is the boss in the middle. The Eagles love Chris Gocong (and I'm starting to come around). The only spot for him is WLB, and that's his worst position possible.

1% chance.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Mike Patterson, Reggie Brown, Quintin Demps (KR), Omar Gaither (I think), Shawn Andrews etc...

According to who? You? Stewart Bradley is the boss in the middle. The Eagles love Chris Gocong (and I'm starting to come around). The only spot for him is WLB, and that's his worst position possible.

1% chance.

hooray Sniper! You've finally seen the light! He may not be a demi-god (should I just erase "demi") like Woodley, but he is a beast in his own right.

Also, Bradley saw some time due to injury, and lets not forget McNabb...

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Patterson was 2nd string until Darwin Walker got hurt.

Wasn't Brown starting because Owens was suspended?

Gaither got some starts because McCoy was hurt.

I'm not saying the Eagles never start rookies, but it is rare. It's going to be even harder for rookies to start for them this season because of their all-around talent.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Orakpo would see time and Curry would obviously start.

Problem with the Eagles is they're a talented team already and don't have many obvious holes. That said, you can never have enough good football players and that's exactly what they'd get at #5.

Seriously, you don't know enough about the Eagles to talk about them. I'm not saying this to be mean, but you should just stop.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Seriously, you don't know enough about the Eagles to talk about them. I'm not saying this to be mean, but you should just stop.

No, I'm going to continue to voice my opinion. If you don't think it's of value, feel free to not read it.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:57 PM
Patterson was 2nd string until Darwin Walker got hurt.

Wasn't Brown starting because Owens was suspended?

Gaither got some starts because McCoy was hurt.

I'm not saying the Eagles never start rookies, but it is rare. It's going to be even harder for rookies to start for them this season because of their all-around talent.

So we pick a guy in the top 5, spend big bucks, and don't let him start? Great idea. There isn't anybody in that range who we would pick, not to mention we give up two elite guys. It just doesn't work that way.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 01:58 PM
No, I'm going to continue to voice my opinion. If you don't think it's of value, feel free to not read it.

Just trying to hlep out... Noted, and will take it into account.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 02:04 PM
So we pick a guy in the top 5, spend big bucks, and don't let him start? Great idea. There isn't anybody in that range who we would pick, not to mention we give up two elite guys. It just doesn't work that way.

I'm not saying he won't start, I'm just saying the Eagles aren't a team known for drafting to fill an immediate need which makes a lot of top prospects options at the #5 pick.

The Eagles clearly have issues with both Brown and Andrews which is why they're looking to move them.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm not saying he won't start, I'm just saying the Eagles aren't a team known for drafting to fill an immediate need which makes a lot of top prospects options at the #5 pick.

The Eagles clearly have issues with both Brown and Andrews which is why they're looking to move them.

All the Eagles have said is saying just the opposite. They have said that they WILL NOT trade Sheldon, and they have shown nothing that would mean they would trade Shawn. When you consider both have very cap-friendly contracts, there is no way they get traded.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 02:12 PM
All the Eagles have said is saying just the opposite. They have said that they WILL NOT trade Sheldon, and they have shown nothing that would mean they would trade Shawn. When you consider both have very cap-friendly contracts, there is no way they get traded.

I never said the trade was likely to happen...

There is a rumor that the Eagles are shopping Andrews.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I never said the trade was likely to happen...

There is a rumor that the Eagles are shopping Andrews.

"Which is why they're likely to move them." You said that, and I rebutted it. That is a rumor, most likely started from another team, it isn't happening, everything the team has done this off-season means just the opposite.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
"Which is why they're likely to move them." You said that, and I rebutted it. That is a rumor, most likely started from another team, it isn't happening, everything the team has done this off-season means just the opposite.

Try quoting me again. I said "why is why they're looking to move them".

Neither you nor I know how true or untrue that rumor is.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
It means the same ****, don't give me that.

Hines
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
If I were running the Eagles, I would give up Samuel way before I give up Sheldon.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
It means the same ****, don't give me that.

No, looking to trade a player and likely to trade are different. They might be shopping Andrews but I don't think that the proposed trade with Cleveland will happen. I don't necessarily think Andrews will be moved but I would not be at all surprised if they were calling some teams about him.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
If I were running the Eagles, I would give up Samuel way before I give up Sheldon.

Me too, but with him just signing here, that is even less likely than trading Sheldon, haha.

d34ng3l021
04-23-2009, 03:32 PM
the Raiders are listening to offers for running back Justin Fargas, quarterback Andrew Walter, cornerback Stanford Routt, safety Michael Huff and defensive end Derrick Burgess.

I would love for the Falcons to trade for Huff if its a 2nd day pick.

Splat
04-23-2009, 07:33 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/859321.html

"The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307441) to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections."

I'm not buying it do to the huge cap hit the Chiefs would have to take.

art vandelay
04-23-2009, 07:58 PM
The Bills are looking to trade WR Roscoe Parrish, DE Chris Kelsay and FS Ko Simpson.

nobodyinparticular
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM

"The Falcons and Chiefs may not be done dealing. Per a league source, Pioli and fellow Atlanta GM Thomas Dimitroff (a former Patriots executive), may be looking to help each other out. Based on rumblings we're hearing from WFSM in Atlanta, the Chiefs and Falcons may still be working on a deal that could send defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey (http://kan.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=8&c=1&nid=4307441) to Atlanta for the 24th overall and 90th overall selections."

Dorsey would have to somehow pay back much of his money that he received as a signing bonus. It would work, but I don't know if it'll happen.

Nalej
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
I would love for the Falcons to trade for Huff if its a 2nd day pick.

I'd love for the Pats do do that too.
We have enough draft picks for it.

d34ng3l021
04-23-2009, 09:19 PM

We would have a tremendously undersized defensive line with him in in...Abraham, Dorsey, and Babs (around 290?). We would get killed in the running game. But...with our offense grasping early leads (which is already did in 2008. We were one of the best first quarter teams in the league, if not the best), opposing offenses may be forced to pass a lot, during which Abe, Babs, and Dorsey would wreak havoc.

I might be down for a trade like that.

EDIT:

Rumors keep flying in KC; Dorsey included in Gonzalez deal?
Fox Sports Radio has been discussing a bit of news they’ve heard that indicates that the Chiefs have traded DT Glenn Dorsey to the Falcons along with TE Tony Gonzalez.
Obviously that move would necessitate a return of at least the Falcons 1st round pick plus a mid rounder this year, given the fact that Dorsey was a top five pick last season, but overall it would make some sense from the perspective of both teams. The Chiefs would get another first rounder to work with, the second round pick next year, and a mid-round selection to boot. Atlanta gets a future Hall of Fame tight end and a run stuffing DT to fill a major need on their defensive line.

SimonRath
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
i would love if we could get huff an Dorsey!
but then draft weekend would be very boring

T-RICH49
04-23-2009, 09:55 PM
hmmm KC gets extra 1st then packages that and a 3rd for Boldin?

SimonRath
04-23-2009, 09:58 PM
hmmm KC gets extra 1st then packages that and a 3rd for Boldin?

or maybe they trade it for a 1st in 2010?

vidae
04-23-2009, 10:10 PM
I wasn't so upset or angry about the Tony thing but honestly, trading Dorsey after a single year would be pretty ridiculous.

Splat
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
I wasn't so upset or angry about the Tony thing but honestly, trading Dorsey after a single year would be pretty ridiculous.

I don't think it will really go down this is draft week there is always some crazy talk.

SimonRath
04-24-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't think it will really go down this is draft week there is always some crazy talk.

i really hope it does happen. I wanted Dorsey sooooo bad last draft an instead we got Matt Ryan (great move). An now we could have both Matt Ryan AND Dorsey? my god i would love my life

Splat
04-24-2009, 09:47 AM
i really hope it does happen. I wanted Dorsey sooooo bad last draft an instead we got Matt Ryan (great move). An now we could have both Matt Ryan AND Dorsey? my god i would love my life

Its very unlikely I would not get your hopes up.

TitleTown088
04-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Pats trying to trade into top ten with Pack, Jags according to Si.com

Go_Eagles77
04-24-2009, 01:38 PM
I wonder who they're targeting. Orakpo?

the decider13
04-24-2009, 01:39 PM
Jags seem to be the most popular team in the draft, everyone wants the 8 pick for Raji, Sanchez, Orakpo etc.

Hines
04-24-2009, 01:39 PM
I wonder who they're targeting. Orakpo?

Wouldn't surprise me if they were looking at Maybin or Jackson.

The Unseen
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM

Apparently the Jaguars turned down the Pats offer of their first rounder and their middle second rounder (#47 I think?). Good move IMO. If we want to trade down, we'll get better offers tomorrow.

nobodyinparticular
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Apparently the Jaguars turned down the Pats offer of their first rounder and their middle second rounder (#47 I think?). Good move IMO. If we want to trade down, we'll get better offers tomorrow.

That's an incredibly sucky offer to fall back so far. Smart move by the Jags.

BradysKnee
04-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Seymour to Green Bay for #9?

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I've got a guy in a pretty nifty spot who tells me that Sproles is being actively shopped and a first round RB is a lock for the Bolts. Fingers crossed someone of higher value drops and this doesn't happen.

Nalej
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Seymour to Green Bay for #9?

Hell to the F--- no. I say that just 'cause i hate the thought of Seymour leaving
I understand that it'll be near impossible to keep him Wilfork n Mankins contract extensions nearing
I don't know if the Packers would do that due to his age.
Also, I'd ONLY do it if T. Jackson was still available.

I really really really hate the thought of Seymour not in a Pats uniform.

BradysKnee
04-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Hell to the F--- no. I say that just 'cause i hate the thought of Seymour leaving
I understand that it'll be near impossible to keep him Wilfork n Mankins contract extensions nearing
I don't know if the Packers would do that due to his age.
Also, I'd ONLY do it if T. Jackson was still available.

I really really really hate the thought of Seymour not in a Pats uniform.

How old is Seymour? 29? I wouldn't mind if Tyson Jackson is available, otherwise no. I'd rather the Pats resign Wilfork/Mankins over Seymour.

Geo
04-24-2009, 03:23 PM
I've got a guy in a pretty nifty spot who tells me that Sproles is being actively shopped and a first round RB is a lock for the Bolts. Fingers crossed someone of higher value drops and this doesn't happen.
Who do you like more between Beanie Wells and Knowshon Moreno?

bored of education
04-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Seymour has one year left on his deal and is not worth a 1st round pic knevermind a top 10 pick. He is on the 'decline or has plateaued (is that a word)".

But anyways that would be a terrible trade.

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Who do you like more between Beanie Wells and Knowshon Moreno?

I would have to go with Beanie just because I think Ladainian is going to stick around for a little while yet and think that's a more varied combo than what Moreno/LT could bring to the table. I'm not as down on Moreno as some are, but I think Beanie's value is underrated at this point given his upside.

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/draft-2009/04/24/broncos.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories

McDaniels says the Broncos probably won't trade up for Sanchez. Given how incredibly clumsy and stupid McDaniels has shown himself to be, I think this might qualify as the worst smokescreen of all time. Honestly I give Sanchez to the Broncos an 80% chance of happening just because of this statement.

The 20% has to do with other teams just not feeling like it.

bored of education
04-24-2009, 05:20 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/draft-2009/04/24/broncos.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories

McDaniels says the Broncos probably won't trade up for Sanchez. Given how incredibly clumsy and stupid McDaniels has shown himself to be, I think this might qualify as the worst smokescreen of all time. Honestly I give Sanchez to the Broncos an 80% chance of happening just because of this statement.

The 20% has to do with other teams just not feeling like it.

so they are trading up with KC :)

Diehard
04-24-2009, 05:27 PM
McDaniels says the Broncos probably won't trade up for Sanchez. Given how incredibly clumsy and stupid McDaniels has shown himself to be, I think this might qualify as the worst smokescreen of all time. Honestly I give Sanchez to the Broncos an 80% chance of happening just because of this statement

Always sniping at Denver, eh? Well, at least you're consistent.

If Sanchez falls to 12 I think he'll be a Bronco. But it would be near suicide to burn both 1st rounders moving up.

Schefter reported on KOA that the move the Broncos want to make is to get the 18th pick up to the 13-15 range. He stated that clearly as a fact, not a rumor. That leads me to believe there's someone both the Broncos and Chargers like... a RB would certainly fit the bill if Sproles is being shopped.

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Always sniping at Denver, eh? Well, at least you're consistent.

If Sanchez falls to 12 I think he'll be a Bronco. But it would be near suicide to burn both 1st rounders moving up.

Schefter reported on KOA that the move the Broncos want to make is to get the 18th pick up to the 13-15 range. He stated that clearly as a fact, not a rumor. That leads me to believe there's someone both the Broncos and Chargers like... a RB would certainly fit the bill if Sproles is being shopped.

Eh, I'd snipe at any team that traded their franchise QB because of a temper tantrum, it's not Denver specific; McDaniels screwed up big time.

My friend has been pretty reliable with draft info from inside the organization in the past and he claims Sproles is as good as gone. How lame, I love the little guy.

Geo
04-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Who has the cap-space and the need for a scatback? Kansas City is all I can think of, and they pretty much need their draft picks.

scottyboy
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I don't want DHB!

MidwayMonster31
04-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Who has the cap-space and the need for a scatback? Kansas City is all I can think of, and they pretty much need their draft picks.I don't know if New England has the cap space, but they have plenty of picks and options to tinker with. If they add Sproles, that offense will be damn near unstoppable, assuming Brady is healthy.

bearsfan_51
04-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Who has the cap-space and the need for a scatback? Kansas City is all I can think of, and they pretty much need their draft picks.
I'm sure it would be dependent upon them working out a new deal. Being that he's a runningback, any increase in guaranteed money, even if it's spread out over a few years, will be enough to entice him to drop that one year lump sum.

That said, I agree that I don't buy that anyone would give anything for Darren Sprolls. He's worth maybe a 3rd rounder in my mind given that he needs a new contract. Maybe.

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm sure it would be dependent upon them working out a new deal. Being that he's a runningback, any increase in guaranteed money, even if it's spread out over a few years, will be enough to entice him to drop that one year lump sum.

That said, I agree that I don't buy that anyone would give anything for Darren Sprolls. He's worth maybe a 3rd rounder in my mind given that he needs a new contract. Maybe.

If the Bolt FO's plan is to draft Beanie or Moreno, I'd take a 3rd for Sproles in a heartbeat.

But overall I'd rather run with LT/Sproles for another year.

the decider13
04-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Eh, I'd snipe at any team that traded their franchise QB because of a temper tantrum, it's not Denver specific; McDaniels screwed up big time.

My friend has been pretty reliable with draft info from inside the organization in the past and he claims Sproles is as good as gone. How lame, I love the little guy.

Yeah, you were a real Bronco/Cutler supporter before. I don't see Sanchez to the Broncos happening unless he slips to 12.

CC.SD
04-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Yeah, you were a real Bronco/Cutler supporter before. I don't see Sanchez to the Broncos happening unless he slips to 12.

Obviously I'm still a Charger fan. Do Bronco fans still have to come to the rescue whenever Cutler is mentioned, that's a Chi-town duty now.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2009, 02:44 PM
The Eagles are still making inquiries about Tony Scheffler.

d34ng3l021
04-25-2009, 02:46 PM
A league source said it is still a possibility that Kansas City trades second-year defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey to Atlanta. Likely compensation would be the Falcons' first-round pick in Saturday's draft, No. 24, and their third-round pick, No. 90.

Will this trade happen? We'll see in the next several hours.

Dorsey was the No. 5 overall pick last season. He had a somewhat disappointing rookie season but he is still considered an elite prospect. However, Dorsey may not be a perfect fit for the 3-4 defensive scheme Kansas City is adopting.

If Dorsey is dealt, Kansas City will have to find impact players in this draft to play in the new scheme. Drafting former LSU defensive end Tyson Jackson would be the first step. If the Chiefs take former Boston College defensive tackle B.J. Raji at No. 3, the Dorsey trade talks could still be alive because Raji is considered a perfect 3-4 nose tackle.

Trading Dorsey would be somewhat risky because the organization invested greatly in Dorsey. Trading the No. 5 overall pick a year after he was drafted is highly unusual. But if Dorsey doesn't fit the new system, at least Kansas City can recoup two picks for him.

I guess Atlanta will wait til pick 24 and see whats available, and if they dont see anything they like, they trade the pick. That would seem to be a great deal for us.